Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 01:43 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 01:43

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [1]
Given Kudos: 146
GMAT 1: 610 Q46 V28
GMAT 2: 690 Q48 V36
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Given Kudos: 33
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 93 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V42
Send PM
Re: GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic] [#permalink]
Hey guys,

For gmat online, can we send the score to unlimited no of schools without additional payment?

I know for incentre exam, there is limit for 5 programs free and then additional for some fee?

Posted from my mobile device
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72876 [0]
Given Kudos: 18863
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Thank you so much for sharing.
Sorry to hear about this experience. Bummer. That sounds super annoying. I guess you’re not counting on a great score 😢 ... hopefully they invalidate your test ... I think that may be the better scenario at this point .... Are you able to retake the test center in your location?

mklr13 wrote:
I had GMAT online this morning.
I wouldn't recommend it at all.
I've been interrupted several (4 times) for fallacious reasons by the proctor that made me extremely angry and I couldn't focus properly.
Also you have no pause between Quant et Verbal. That is also a difficulty that you have to think of (consider your brain and your bladder).
If you have the choice do not overestimate the confort to take gmat at home, it was actually a much more stressful experience for me.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [2]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
Kudos
ad18 wrote:
Hey guys,

For gmat online, can we send the score to unlimited no of schools without additional payment?

I know for incentre exam, there is limit for 5 programs free and then additional for some fee?

Yes, the number of recipients is unlimited. I sent it to 6 or 7 and they didn't charge me anything extra.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 493
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Hey all, I am wondering does the 16 calendar day apart still apply to the Online Gmat and the In person gmat?
I've heard that it doesn't apply, which means
Ex: I can write Online gmat on Jan 10 and write In person on Jan 11
or Vice versa -> write Inperson gmat on Jan 11 and Online Gmat on Jan 12.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi all! I read that you can only take the GMAT online exam if testing centres in your country are closed. Can anyone confirm if this is true? I live and care for at risk family members and am therefore unable to travel by bus to the test centre. Thanks in advance :)

Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
sd83 wrote:
Hi all! I read that you can only take the GMAT online exam if testing centres in your country are closed. Can anyone confirm if this is true? I live and care for at risk family members and am therefore unable to travel by bus to the test centre. Thanks in advance :)

Anyone can take GMAT online as long as you’re not a resident of North Korea or Iran. This has nothing to do with test center status in your country.

Wherever you read that, you should stop reading that.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
Yes. But why? I guess you can do it with the weakness of your plan is that you will not know your online score before taking it at the test center. You may not need to or you make get 2x 550’s

Zenith0rigin wrote:
Hey all, I am wondering does the 16 calendar day apart still apply to the Online Gmat and the In person gmat?

Intern
Intern
Send PM
bb wrote:
sd83 wrote:

Anyone can take GMAT online as long as you’re not a resident of North Korea or Iran. This has nothing to do with test center status in your country.

It is on the mba official website under GMAT online policies and procedures. It says “Pearson VUE Test centers in the country you currently reside must be closed due to COVID-19 (coronavirus).”
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
That is strange. This page does not mention it:
https://www.mba.com/exams/gmat-online

The GMAT™ Online exam is available in most locations, with the exception of: Mainland China, Cuba, Iran, North Korea, and Sudan due to regulatory and local data privacy rules. Please note that currently proctoring support for the GMAT Online exam is only offered in English.

Why why don't you go and try registering for it and resolve the question in the ultimate way?

sd83 wrote:
bb wrote:
sd83 wrote:

It is on the mba official website under GMAT online policies and procedures. It says “Pearson VUE Test centers in the country you currently reside must be closed due to COVID-19 (coronavirus).”
Intern
Intern
Send PM
t is under the 'policies and procedures' section in the link you sent on the mba website. And then under 'before your exam' on that page. I will apply to take it online regardless, I was just wondering

sd83 wrote:
bb wrote:
sd83 wrote:

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 65
Schools: Alberta '23
GPA: 3.9
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
But why you have been interrupted, please elaborate.

mklr13 wrote:
I had GMAT online this morning.
I wouldn't recommend it at all.
I've been interrupted several (4 times) for fallacious reasons by the proctor that made me extremely angry and I couldn't focus properly.
Also you have no pause between Quant et Verbal. That is also a difficulty that you have to think of (consider your brain and your bladder).
If you have the choice do not overestimate the confort to take gmat at home, it was actually a much more stressful experience for me.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
yes, you can, provided that you have already booked two exams in advance.

Zenith0rigin wrote:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Wow.. exactly the opposite happened with me in quant.

For me in verbal, the quant section was quite a bit weird. starting 3 questions were looks like extremely difficult and time-consuming, till today i was just thinking that maybe it's Online due to which I have experienced such a difficult quant section ever.

Anyhow, this is the beauty of GMAT, that it throws surprises

anshulsinghxd wrote:
Thank you akadiyan and GMATaxe001

globaldesi, GMATaxe001

This was my first GMAT attempt ever, so I do not have the benchmark to compare the GMAT online quants section against the at-center one.

However, I felt that Quants section was almost as easy as (or even easier than) the official GMAT mock tests. In the actual exam, by the time I reached the last question of quants section, I had about 10 minutes left to go. This never happened during my mocks where I typically had about 3 minutes to go on the last question. TBH, I was a little afraid during the exam on seeing easy questions in the 25-31 questions slot, thinking that I had probably messed up a lot of my earlier questions. I'm so glad that it was not the case. The only takeaway that I have is that once you are at the exam, do NOT think about the questions you have already solved. Just focus on completing the remaining questions on time with accuracy.

That said, I come from Engineering background and Quants has always been my strong area. Moreover, I had been practicing the hardest Quants problems from Magoosh and OG during the final two days of prep. Perhaps, that's why the Quants seemed easier to me on the actual test. At the end, I think it is quite subjective. What might seem easier for you might be difficult for someone else and vice-versa.

I was able to solve the final Quants question under 2 minutes and utilized the rest of the 7-8 minutes as a virtual break to reorient myself to verbal section. I can't tell enough about the importance of this break! During mocks, I experienced the mental exhaustion first hand. With the mental fatigue, despite you knowing the concepts and having the knowledge, you tend to do more stupid mistakes. Those 5 extra minutes are a great breather for your brain.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Ugh, took my exam on Oct 23rd but the system went totally black screen at the beginning and no one ever called me to check in so I didn't start my exam until 2 hours later...

Still haven't got my result yet... So frustrating... Would not recommend the Online exam.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 43
Send PM
- edited -

Nevermind, got my answers already.

Just finished my GMAT Online Exam. The experience was great for me, no trouble or whatsoever. The QM and Verbal were as difficult as the mock exam's, in my opinion. Can't wait for the result!

Originally posted by tagheueraquaracer on 02 Nov 2020, 19:00.
Last edited by tagheueraquaracer on 03 Nov 2020, 08:37, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 4
Send PM
Any clue why the Online GMAT scheduler only allows booking it up till mid-month (17-18th) of Nov/Dec. The rest of the dates are all un-clickable. Hard to believe all slots are gone during these periods.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Had my GMAT Online yesterday. Experience was good, no problems with proctor or internet.
I don't have a whiteboard, so I used laminated A4 sheet. It is not as good as whiteboard, it was very hard to wipe it off.
Both Quant and Verbal were way more harder than on Official Mock Exams. There were many strange, unfamiliar questions.
I had 50-51 on Mock Quants, but here I expect that it would be lower.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  141   142   143   144   145  ...  183