Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 14:28 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 14:28

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [3]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Let me know [#permalink]
Hi, KoolSIM, sorry, but that is the only one that I have come across. If you know of any other rankings, could you also let me know? I am also interested in getting my MSF and have visited Vanderbilt several times - the campus is absolutely beautiful.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hey! Sure thing candylynn83.......... I'll look for more possible rankings and keep you informed too....

BTW, Can you tell me more about Vanderbilt? Any idea on how good their MSF program is?? Anything that you know???

Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Kudos
I am a little skeptical about Vanderbilt, mainly because they run adds for their MS in Finance. But that is just my take on it, I look at their average GMAT etc... ANd they look pretty solid. SInce there is no formal ranking for MS you are going to have to do your own research, and go to each individual school you are interested in and compare their stats (average salary after the MS, GMAT average, GPA average....)
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 515 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
As an overall institution, Vanderbilt is very highly regarded. It is generally viewed as one of the best universities in the Southern US. The few rankings that I've seen for MSF programs in the US tend to focus on financial engineering programs rather than comprehensive finance programs. Thus, I would not read too much into Vanderbilt's absence from these rankings.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Vanderbilt Info [#permalink]
Bookmarks
Hi, KoolSIM, I am originally from the South, so I have had the opportunity to actually stay over at Vanderbilt. This finance program actually began in 2005, so I don't know much about it; the last time I was visiting was when I came across the program. That's the reason why Vanderbilt wasn't on the Global Derivatives ranking - they just started their program in 2005! The great plus about them is the beautiful campus, but I don't prefer Nashville (pretty country). Much of their class is pretty young (avg age - 25) and don't have much work experience, but the students are super friendly!

Here are some stats:

Profile – Graduated Class of 2006

Graduated Class Size: 19

Mean GMAT: 665

Mean GPA: 3.5

Female: 26%

U.S. Citizen/Permanent Residents: 47%

Non-U.S. Citizens: 53%

Countries Represented: 7

Mean Age: 26

0-2 Years Work Experience: 84%

3+ Years Work Experience: 16%

I am sorry that I can't be much help because I am still researching, but you can use this email to set up a chat with a current MSF student -

msfinance@owen.vanderbilt.edu

That's what I did!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Wow, A college running Advertisements doesn't sound good. But I guess since their course started in 2005 as pointed out by candylynn83, it's probably okay.

And it is quite difficult to do research without getting a list of colleges that do offer a comprehensive MS Finance course. I did find a small list of colleges that offered MS in Finance, but it had a mix of financial engineering and comprehensive finance courses.

Since I am an international student, I can't visit each of those colleges personally too.

@ candylynn83: Hey thanks for that info. Did you chat with a student? Anything else??
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 515 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
If you are looking for comprehensive finance, I would start with Princeton, Vanderbilt, Florida, and Washington University.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
@ Hjort: Thanks for that list. Also could you tell me how the MSF program of Clark University is? The program is quite cheaper than many others programs that I have seen.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [2]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Kudos
Here is a quite comprehensive list of M.S. Programs in Finance at U.S. Universities

https://www.bus.lsu.edu/academics/financ ... ograms.htm
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Kudos
hi, has anyone heard anything about ms in finance offered by syracuse university? i know the university has a very good reputation overall in public affairs but not so sure about their business school.
thanks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Kudos
Villanova University also offers a MSF program.
Retired Thread Master
Own Kudos [?]: 118 [1]
Given Kudos: 123
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V38
Send PM
[#permalink]
Kudos
What about University of Rochester?
How is their MS F?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 58 [1]
Send PM
Re: MS Finance Colleges in USA [#permalink]
Kudos
Hey guys,
i think it really depends on what type of job you're after. US MSF programs tend to be very quantitave in nature. If you want to have a quant job in finance, Princeton and Owen should be the best ones. There are also really good UK programmes for corp finance jobs at the City, but perhaps not on Wall Street
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I made the list of universities offering MSF in USA for myself from Don Chance's and other websites. I had to edit lots of dead links. Later I posted it in my blog. Hope you would find it useful.

I found this forum searching for "ms finance US universities" in google. Found no ranking in any site.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Send PM
gmat is over 210 now
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts