Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 18:43 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 18:43

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Director
Director
Send PM
Director
Director
Send PM
Director
Director
Send PM
Learning Journey in the Social Impact Cohort [#permalink]
FROM LBS Admissions Blog: Learning Journey in the Social Impact Cohort
This year, the Student-led
Learning team – a group focused on creating experiential learning opportunities
through student leadership – brought together a group of students to be part of
the first Social Impact Cohort at LBS. This inaugural cohort focused on
sustainable supply chains and comprised members from different degree programs,
years of study, experience levels, and professional backgrounds. Sarah Pavlu
(MBA 2020), Ariane Tardiou (MiM 2020), and Veronique Vera (MBA 2020) were given
freedom to explore this topic and find ways to inspire more champions of
change.

Cohort Member Background

Sarah worked for four years in
management consulting with Deloitte, using her industrial engineering degree to
develop supply chain strategies for companies in the US and Europe. She pursued
her MBA to identify more sustainable and humanitarian applications of her
supply chain skills, interning with Twiga Foods in Nairobi, and will be
returning to Deloitte in the London office.

Ariane joined LBS as a Masters
in Management student after her bachelor in business and hospitality management.
She has always been passionate about sustainability, most particularly how it
can be improved in the hospitality, food, and fashion industries. At LBS, she
expanded her experience in the space by participating in a consulting project
for the Impact Consulting Club and will be joining the Boston Consulting Group
as an associate.

Véronique studied
environmental engineering at undergrad, was part of the sustainability team of
the largest supermarket chain in Peru before coming to LBS, and interned with
the Sustainability Practice of Accenture Strategy during the MBA. Now, she is
joining full-time the Energy, Sustainability & Infrastructure Practice of
the consulting firm Guidehouse (formerly Navigant), where she also did her
summer internship. At LBS, she was co-chair of the LBS CleanTech Challenge 2020
as part of the Energy & Environment Club ExCo.

Impetus and Initiative of the Cohort

We were given a lot of
flexibility to shape this cohort and set the direction of our research and
activities. We first received the support of the Senior Student-led Learning
Manager to define our mission statement, “to equip the LBS community to
incorporate sustainability into their careers, classes and lives”, and our team
charter. We started exploring different ways we could both learn about
sustainable supply chains and share our findings with the LBS community in an
engaging way. After conducting our own research and completing interviews with
LBS students, faculty, alumni, and personal contacts, we decided to write blog
posts with the support of the Wheeler Institute. The flexible format of this
cohort allows the next students to follow their own path and explore many other
areas and ways of engaging with the LBS community.

Why have we decided to join the cohort and how does that fit with our
career aspirations?

Sarah

I came to LBS searching for opportunities to apply my supply chain strategy background to philanthropic / humanitarian causes. The Social Impact Cohort, focused this year on Sustainable Supply Chains, sat perfectly at the intersection of my interests. I was very eager to get to work with others who shared this passion and see what difference we could make.

Ariane

I have no prior work experience in sustainability, but I have always been looking for an opportunity to learn how I could have a positive impact in a business. I was also very excited to meet other students passionate about this topic and who had prior work experience in this field to exchange on supply chains and broader sustainability practices.

Véronique

During my summer internship, I worked on projects focused on climate change adaptation for corporates and supplier engagement practices to mitigate environmental impacts, which I found fascinating. Given this experience, my professional background, and my lifelong passion for sustainability, I was excited to join the Sustainable Supply Chains Cohort, learn more about the topic, and contribute to the LBS community interested in this space.

What resources were available to us and what advice would we give to students who want to use the LBS network for this kind of initiative?

The cohort offered a very flexible platform to apply some of our learnings from class – from applications of frameworks that were discussed in our courses or further exploration of companies and positions from case studies. It was important for all of us to share early and share often what we wanted to get out of the cohort, take steps to drive that forward, and support each other along the way. We also reached out to and received support from so many people in the LBS community, including students across a variety of programmes, alumni, club leadership, professors, and the Wheeler Institute. All it takes is the interest and initiative to want to start something… there is so much support available!

What are the main takeaways of this experience?

Sarah

Through our research and interviews with relevant students, faculty, and alumni, I gained a greater perspective on how sustainability can be driven within an organisation. This depends on the company structure, individual interests and positions, the challenges faced and how solutions are framed, among other things. I highlighted some of my key takeaways in my summary blog post, and can’t wait to see more of this in practice as I continue working in the supply chain space!

Ariane

The flexibility we were given to explore this topic made this experience more challenging but also allowed me to discover new ways to use the resources LBS has to offer and find creative ways to engage with the community. Exchanging with alumni and students with experience in this field was very insightful to understand how sustainability can be driven from within an organisation without having to be directly in charge of sustainability. I also learned that a company can make enormous progress only by starting measuring the impact of its supply chains and that technology can support this process.

Véronique

I also learned a lot from my peers, the interviews we conducted, our research, and the posts we wrote. For example, it was very interesting to learn how some organisations are decentralising their warehouses to reduce transportation costs and emissions, as well as the risks from external disruptions, or how the use of new technologies can significantly increase transparency and traceability across the whole supply chain. Today more than ever we know how fragile our supply chains can be and how important it is to build their resilience and sustainability.

To learn more about
sustainable supply chains and our cohort, we invite you to read the posts we
published in the Wheeler Institute student blog:

The post Learning Journey in the Social Impact Cohort appeared first on Student and Admissions Blog - London Business School.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Director
Director
Send PM
Digital for Impact Week 4: Reflecting on challenges, collaboration and [#permalink]
FROM LBS Admissions Blog: Digital for Impact Week 4: Reflecting on challenges, collaboration and Endeavour Nigeria
By Giri Kesavan (MBA2021)

Giri is the Co-President of The Tech & Media Club at London Business School. An MBA2021 student, he also chairs the degree & careers wide Technology Sector Steering Committee, working with the school, faculty, industry, alumni and Careers Centre on Technology education & careers. Giri works with The Wheeler Institute on content development, outreach and student-led collaborations. He is further involved with the school as an MBA Academic Representative and Peer Leader for Technology.

We’re already a month into our ‘Digital for Impact’
consulting course at London Business School! This week we had a chance to
reflect on the journey so far and share best practices across all the ten student
consulting teams in the programme, as well as hear from our wonderful guest
speaker Eloho Omame, the CEO of Endeavour Nigeria.

Eloho (MBA2013) took us through her time at London Business
School, her stint in Investment Banking and how her experiences led her to
Endeavour Nigeria. Focusing on providing mentorship to innovative founders
based in emerging markets, Endeavour searches for, ​selects​, and ​scales
entrepreneurs with the highest potential, then ​spreads their stories and
resources to sustain lasting economic and social transformation.

We spoke to Eloho about our own experience so far in doing
business in East Africa, the nuances between different countries, the
challenges of scaling up a business and touched on how we can create impact
within such a short space of time. Indeed, this was a very reflective week in
our DFI programme!

On Thursday, we also had the opportunity to come together virtually across all the consulting groups, aided by Costas & Rajesh, as we talked candidly about our experiences and challenges so far in the programme. Bringing together the MBA, EMBA and Sloan cohorts at LBS, we talked about the key pieces of learning that we’ve seen first-hand in our digital consulting projects:

• Building trust and rapport with the client. This can be hard in a virtual context where we can’t physically meet the client but it’s key to be engaged, build that relationship before diving into business and create an open and approachable atmosphere.

• Understand the product first-hand. A lot of our clients already have a digital offering – and the easiest way to actually understand the product and customer journey is to become a customer yourself! We found that actually putting ourselves in the shoes of the customer made all the difference in understanding pain-points and challenges.

• Scrape data. Being frugal with data is key. With limited access to the market, we had to create customer surveys (that our clients could then pass on), ask our clients to film interviews with customers, look at iOS and Play Store reviews of the product offering and use public research to understand the macroeconomic context.

We’re entering into a break week for Digital for Impact but I’ll be back in early November with the next update!

You can catch-up on the series from the beginning here.

The post Digital for Impact Week 4: Reflecting on challenges, collaboration and Endeavour Nigeria appeared first on Student and Admissions Blog - London Business School.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Director
Director
Send PM
Our Early Careers Student Ambassadors tell us about their LBS journey [#permalink]
FROM LBS Admissions Blog: Our Early Careers Student Ambassadors tell us about their LBS journey so far: MFA
When applying to London Business School it is usually the global
ranking, course and faculty that you will research. What is even more valuable
information is what it is like to study here and be a part of the LBS
community. In a three-part series we meet current Student Ambassadors from our
Early Careers programmes to get their insight on what surprised them the most
about starting at LBS and what their highlights have been so far.

In this installment we speak to our Student Ambassadors from the Mastersin Financial Analysis (MFA).

London Business School’s Career Centre is
here for you from the start of your journey, and is a resource our Student
Ambassadors were making use of during their first few weeks with us:

Chushi Guo (MFA 2021):
What surprised me most since joining LBS is the amount of social and career opportunities offered in the community. Both the student clubs and Career Centre have allowed me to broaden my horizon, explore different opportunities and connect with talented individuals across the programs.

Deepak Guneja (MFA 2021):
Although the classes and all the other activities started virtually, the intense coursework, numerous club activities, and extensive career support provided by LBS is commendable. You can feel that even though it’s all virtual for now, LBS has very well maintained the quality of its education and support, the thing for which LBS is known for!

Peter Moravec (MFA 2021):
The extensive career preparation provided by the Career Centre, both in terms of workshops, information sessions and also materials provided has been even more helpful than expected. It can be challenging to keep up with all the sessions, but thankfully there are recordings to go over when you find the time during your busy schedule.

Now well into their first term, we asked
our Student Ambassadors what their highlights have been so far in their LBS
journey:

Farhan Ali (MFA 2021):
My highlight at LBS so far has undoubtedly been socializing with students from so many different countries. I’ve already made friends from 20 different countries and I haven’t even met half of my cohort yet. The best thing about befriending people from different countries is that you never run out of topics to talk about. The chance to learn about their cultures, their journeys to LBS, and their future career paths is undoubtedly the highlights of my LBS experience so far.

Jules Noel (MFA 2021):
The highlight of my LBS experience so far is the Rugby Club. Although I never played before nor have I the typical profile for it, the club could not be more inclusive. At the beginning of October, we had the chance to go to a tournament together one hour from the LBS. It was a truly great day, meeting new people and learning the game. The club takes plenty of initiatives to advise students on their career or the life at LBS or even train for the recruiting season. Especially in these times, this is the perfect opportunity to make new friends and live the LBS life at its best.

Luca Toraldo (MFA2021):
LBS is proving to be very resilient when it comes to the current Covid-19 pandemic. One of the many initiatives I am enjoying the most is online networking with fellow classmates. Not only I have met new friends, but I also learned how to communicate effectively through new emerging platform such as Zoom and WebEx.

Erkka Salo (MFA 2021):
The highlight of my year has definitely been the people I have met so far. I know it sounds cliché but experiencing the cohort of 40 plus nationalities creates an atmosphere like no other. With the global mentality and passion for diversity, my fellow students have shared interesting perspectives and values with me. With these insights, I have already learned a tremendous amount from my new friends and I cannot wait what the remaining of the year will bring along.

To learn more about our MFA programme, please visit our website.

You can read more about our student’s experiences on the MiM & GMiM programmes here, and the MAM programme here.

The post Our Early Careers Student Ambassadors tell us about their LBS journey so far: MFA appeared first on Student and Admissions Blog - London Business School.
Director
Director
Send PM
Our Early Careers Student Ambassadors tell us about their LBS journey [#permalink]
FROM LBS Admissions Blog: Our Early Careers Student Ambassadors tell us about their LBS journey so far: MiM & GMiM
When applying to London Business School it is usually the global
ranking, course and faculty that you will research. What is even more valuable
information is what it is like to study here and be a part of the LBS
community. In a three-part series we meet current Student Ambassadors from our
Early Careers programmes to get their insight on what surprised them the most
about starting at LBS and what their highlights have been so far.

In this installment we speak to our Student Ambassadors from the Masters inManagement (MiM) and GlobalMasters in Management (GMiM) programmes.

Our Student Ambassadors share what
surprised them most about joining London Business School:

Josephine Parquet (MiM 2021):
The openness of each one of us. Every person I have met so far is smart and has a great story to tell. We are all different and coming from very different countries and cultures, but we all share the same openness and will to learn new things. There are always activities going on and opportunities to try something new. For example, in my first month I attended my first boxing class, climbed my first wall and, from a professional perspective, learnt more about Tech than I had in the past years. The support between students and relentless positivity truly motivate me to constantly improve myself.

Alice Blanchard (MiM 2021):
I was surprised by the wealth and diversity of career-related events, like the workshops on how to make compelling cover letters or how to shape’s one personal story to a specific position.

Giulia Galvani (GMiM 2021):
What has surprised me the most since joining LBS was discovering how down to earth people in the cohort are. For being a top-ranked business school, LBS has a very collaborative environment, that allows the students to build trust and long-lasting relationships with each other. This friendly vibe not only allows us to make the best of the networking experience that the year at LBS represents but also to enjoy at most a hectic and very busy year.

Despite the challenges that this year has
given our students, meeting and working alongside like-minded and friendly
people has been a highlight for so many of them:

Felix Meier (MiM 2021):
Prior to starting the MiM programme, I was quite worried that it will be much more difficult to meet my fellow students because of the pandemic. However, I was pleasantly surprised by the effort, LBS has put in, to connect the students to their peers. I immediately felt part of the cohort because I realized that every single student feared the same situation. So far I have met incredibly open minded students, who all share the same passion to achieve something great and I am more than proud to be part of that cohort. Making meaningful connections from the very first minute has been thus my highlight of the LBS experience so far.

Finn Dardis Green (MiM 2021):
The highlight of my LBS experience so far is meeting my cohort. Coming to LBS, I did not expect the degree of friendliness and solidarity my peers have exhibited. Especially during the COVID period, this support has been truly incredible.

Alexandra Tristant (MiM 2021):
The highlight of my LBS experience so far is undoubtedly the human and social part of it.  In less than a month, I have meet so many wonderful people and we have already forged strong ties and meaningful relationships with each other. I knew that the sense of community was very strong at LBS, but I didn’t expect it to be that strong. Certainly the best part of the experience is to enter this community and engage with bright, diverse and enjoyable students. It is really amazing how open-minded people are and how easy it is to engage with everyone.  Despite all the restrictions related to covid-19, we have been able to organise informal meetings and spend great time together.

To learn more about our MiM and GMiM programmes, please visit our website.

You can read more about our student’s experiences on the MAM programme here, and the MFA programme here.

The post Our Early Careers Student Ambassadors tell us about their LBS journey so far: MiM & GMiM appeared first on Student and Admissions Blog - London Business School.
Director
Director
Send PM
The Masters in Finance or the MBA? How to decide which programme is ri [#permalink]
FROM LBS Admissions Blog: The Masters in Finance or the MBA? How to decide which programme is right for you
By Charlotte Tait, MiF Student Recruitment Associate

I often get asked by prospective students, should I choose the Masters in Finance (MiF) programme or the MBA? We understand deciding on which programme is most suited to your personal and professional goals can be a difficult decision. The decision is hard as both programmes are designed for experienced professionals in the middle stages of their careers, both have flexible exit points, and both are highly customisable with students having 40 electives to choose from on the MiF and 80 electives to choose from on the MBA. However, deciding on whether to undertake the Master in Finance or MBA really depends on what your future aspirations are post your Masters’ degree.

If you are looking to stay within finance but want
to accelerate your career, or switch to another area within finance, then the
Masters in Finance is definitely the best option. The Masters in Finance allows
you to become a specialist in finance, and helps you develop an extensive
international network within the industry.

The MBA is more focused on developing your leadership
and general management skills. As the MBA is a more general degree it will give
you broader options in the future.

Hear from two of our Student Ambassadors as to why
they chose the Masters in Finance programme. 

Alessio Fabbri, CFA – MiFFT 2021

Although the MiF and MBA programmes at LBS are both world renowned, I believe the MiF was better suited to help me achieve my career aspirations. I was looking to make a career switch within the finance sector, specifically into private equity from valuations, and the MiF’s finance focus was exactly what I needed to sharpen certain skills and broaden my finance knowledge. The customisable characteristic was also important to me, as I am already a CFA Charterholder, therefore I wanted to focus on other financial topics which were not covered in-depth in my previous studies.

Diego Domínguez de Pedro –
MiFFT 2021

Having worked for seven years in the
Project & Structured Finance sector in Mexico, I decided that it was the
right time to accelerate my career by studying a Masters degree at a top
business school but I wasn’t sure if the MBA was the right programme for me.
After doing my research, it became clear that the Masters in Finance programme
at LBS was the best option because it gave me the opportunity not only to
expand my knowledge in finance but also to improve my soft skills through
different management-oriented electives and workshops. In that regard, the MiF
combines the best of both worlds: a very rigorous finance learning experience
with the perfect environment to build your leadership and communication skills.
Lastly, the Masters in Finance enabled me to build a network comprising of the
most talented individuals in the financial sector across the world, something
that I’m sure will become invaluable as I continue my career in finance.

If you are considering the Masters in Finance programme, or unsure about which programme is right for you, please submit your profile for review here.

We will review your profile and provide you
with personalised feedback on your fit for our programmes.

You can also reach out to our MiF and MBA student ambassadors here to learn more about the programmes and student experience.

The post The Masters in Finance or the MBA? How to decide which programme is right for you appeared first on Student and Admissions Blog - London Business School.
Director
Director
Send PM
MiM: Why I chose to do the 4th term [#permalink]
FROM LBS Admissions Blog: MiM: Why I chose to do the 4th term
By Aakash Shah (MiM 2020)

Numerous factors went into my decision to take the 4th term at LBS, but perhaps the most important was that I just didn’t want to be done with business school just yet! The MiM class of 2020 faced an unprecedented year in many ways. In March, the pandemic hit us like a wall, and within a week, our “normal” was changed. The most significant impact to us was that our electives (that take place during the last third of our programme) were to take place online. While LBS did a fantastic job handling the switch to online learning, after completing my electives, I felt that I had much more to learn. One of the best aspects of LBS is the diversity of your cohort. There are highly experienced individuals already with years of experience in their fields, and there are those that are still trying to figure out which career path is best for them. I fell into the latter category and having an extra-term at LBS helped solidify where I saw my future career path heading. The 4th term allowed me to feel more developed as a business student and more prepared for a future in the corporate world.

The first two-thirds of the MiM programme allow students to develop a robust skill-set of business fundamentals encapsulating data analytics, financial accounting, finance, and strategy, but the electives are where students can take courses in what interests them the most (ranging from organizational behaviour to accounting to finance to marketing). Additionally, electives are held across programmes and give students a unique opportunity to work alongside MBAs, EMBAs and other degree programmes. I felt that I gained a substantial amount from my elective choices, as I was able to take courses in topics that interested me and that I thought would have an extraordinary impact on my personal career aspirations. Furthermore, as the pandemic had slowed hiring processes for multiple students (including myself), I felt that I was not ready to leave business school yet. Given that I had already invested the time and effort to come to LBS, I wanted to maximize my time at business school. Therefore, I felt that the 4th term would allow me to have more time specializing in topics where I wanted to enhance my knowledge and give me even more time to connect with students across other degree programmes.

Doing the 4th term at LBS has been a fantastic experience. Although the campus is operating in a limited capacity, LBS has undertaken many efforts to incorporate the hybrid learning system. With the updated learning environment, I have had the ability to connect with individuals from other degree programmes more closely. MiM is a busy programme—you’re continually applying to jobs, taking numerous classes in a wide variety of disciplines, and balancing social commitments (either through LBS or externally). The 4th term cuts out a lot of the noise. It’s a time for you to dedicate yourself to learning new topics without the external pressures that naturally occur during the standard MiM. It’s a time to gain expertise in subjects you want to learn more about, and you’re given the ability to focus on your academics without much external noise.

As I approach the end of my time at LBS (hard to believe
it’s less than a month away), I’m incredibly grateful for the opportunity to do
the 4th term. To me, it added a significant amount of value to my
degree, and I leave the school well-prepared for my future—both academically
and personally. It is a unique privilege to attend an institution like LBS, and
to me, the 4th term allowed me to maximize my time here and gain the
skill sets I feel will aid me in my future endeavours, whatever they may be.

The post MiM: Why I chose to do the 4th term appeared first on Student and Admissions Blog - London Business School.
Director
Director
Send PM
November Recruitment Events [#permalink]
FROM LBS Admissions Blog: November Recruitment Events
Considering applying to one of our programmes? Interested in finding out more about the LBS experience? We have a whole host of events this month, all happening virtually, to give you some insight into studying at London Business School.

The locations mentioned below are to inform on time zones rather than where they will physically be held.

UKDateEarly Career Programmes: The Student Perspective03/11/2020Submitting a Strong Application for the Leadership Programmes04/11/2020MBA Overview06/11/2020An Introduction to Business Education: What is the different between a Masters In Management, MBA and Executive MBA?09/11/2020Q&A with the Early Career Recruitment & Admissions Team10/11/2020Private Debt: Fundraising, Investment and Risk in a COVID Environment11/11/2020Executive Assessment 10112/11/2020MBA Overview13/11/2020Women and The Masters Programme13/11/2020An Introduction to Business Education: Why consider post-graduate business education16/11/2020Early Career Programmes: The Student Perspective17/11/2020Q&A with the Masters in Finance Recruitment & Admissions Team17/11/2020Executive MBA Second Year Programme Overview17/11/2020MBA Overview20/11/2020An Introduction to Business Education: The value in business school education – is it worth the investment?23/11/2020Masters in Finance Alumni Series: In conversation with Women in Finance24/11/2020Q&A with the Early Career Recruitment & Admissions Team24/11/2020Masters in Analytics and Management Information Session with the Career Centre25/11/2020MBA Overview27/11/2020An Introduction to Business Education: How to fund your investment in business school30/11/2020USA and CanadaIn collaboration with Manhattan Prep: Fostering Inclusivity and Diversity in Education11/11/2020EuropePremier Executive MBA Switzerland10/11/2020Premier Executive MBA Austria24/11/2020Middle EastQS Virtual Connect Masters: Lebanon04/11/2020

You can view all events here.

For any enquiries regarding upcoming events please contact mastersevents@london.edu.

The post November Recruitment Events appeared first on Student and Admissions Blog - London Business School.
Director
Director
Send PM
Submitting a strong application for the Early Careers programmes [#permalink]
FROM LBS Admissions Blog: Submitting a strong application for the Early Careers programmes
As we approach the next application deadline, we
wanted to share some tips on how to best position yourself to submit a strong
application.

Plan, Research, Connect, Submit

Your first step is to gain a thorough understanding
of your preferred Masters programme. You can develop this by:

• visiting
    our website
  • download
    the brochure
  • get
    in-depth understanding of our faculty
    by researching their profiles
  • read
    the our Student and Admissions blogs
  • connect
    with our [url=https://www.london.edu/masters-degrees/student-alumni-and-ambassadors#sort=%40profilesurname%20ascending&f:programme=[Masters%20in%20Analytics%20and%20Management,Masters%20in%20Financial%20Analysis,Masters%20in%20Management]]StudentAmbassadors & Alumni[/url] who are always happy to share
    their LBS journey.

Your next step is to attend the [url=https://www.london.edu/masters-degrees/events-for-prospective-students#sort=%40eventstarts%20ascending&f:programme=[MAM,MFA,MIM]]events[/url]
we host on a regular basis. The information
gained here will help you understand the School, the programme and the LBS
culture, it’ll also give you the opportunity to ask any questions you have.

If you are interested in the MAM or MFA programmes
you can also follow this by submitting your profile to us, the student
recruitment team. The team offer guidance on your profile and offer a 1:1
consultation where we establish our mutual relationship and greater
understanding of the application process.

Your application

Essay – Convey your
passion, motivations and drive for studying your chosen programme at LBS. Tell
us how the LBS learning and being part of this diverse, global community will develop
you to achieve your ambitions and career goals. Be honest, be enthusiastic, be
confident. Show us your personality.

GMAT/GRE – We do not have a
preference between the two. My advice is to secure a GMAT of 690+ or a GRE with
160 in both sections. View this as a longer-term investment and not just as
entry into the Business School.

References – 2 academic or 1
academic and 1 professional. We reach out to them and secure your references. Ensure
they understand your vision for this programme.

Academic Transcripts
These should be in English.

You’re ready to submit.  Ensure you submit everything together so the
Admissions team can complete the full review and move forward. We have 5
application deadlines for our September 2021 intake. My advice is to submit
early if possible as competition remains high at all times.

For more detailed information, you can watch our
recent webinar.

The dynamic culture and economy of London are at the heart of the LBS experience, and remember that global is not just a word, it’s the culture.

Good luck with your application!

The post Submitting a strong application for the Early Careers programmes appeared first on Student and Admissions Blog - London Business School.
Director
Director
Send PM
The Original Why? [#permalink]
FROM LBS Admissions Blog: The Original Why?

By Michael Eisenberg, Sloan 2020

A little over a year ago, we made the decision to move from San Francisco, CA, USA to London, UK and enroll in the LBS Sloan Masters in Leadership and Strategy programme. I was asked by friends, by my wife, family, co-workers, acquaintances, family friends, my wife again, the deli worker where I used to get lunch, essentially everyone I had any kind of relationship or interacted with, “Why did I go?”  Why did I decide to leave a growing industry, why uproot the family from the comforts of their community, why move to a foreign country, wasn’t I too old to go back to school, what about finances and loss of income, and on and on and on.  All valid points and all questions that I asked myself so many times.  Sometimes the ones closest to you are the hardest ones to understand your Why… .

However,
the Why isn’t always just a single
answer. Nor is the Why the same for everyone in the Sloan cohort. That is the reason it’s such a
powerful programme. Imagine being part of a
cohort where every single one of your classmates has a different reason to attend, all with
the driving motivation to be better… a
desire to overcome a personal challenge and all still have the
tenacity to learn, to experience, to grow, to go
beyond themselves. That was my why!

Some
decisions are based on facts, some on intuition, and some on emotion. The
decisions, however, may not be as important as
understanding the motivations driving the decisions and the ability to problem-solve to reach the intended
goals. Personal and professional strategic decisions
require thoughtfulness, research, and analysis; they are often uncomfortable and messy.

Well, has the “Why” changed?

Just like
in our personal or professional lives, the status quo changes whether we like
it or not; I’m going out on a limb to say that this year pretty much destroyed
that paradigm. The beginning of our one-year
Sloan journey started in January 2020 and then the world as we know it,
changed in March. After 20 years, I was excited to be a student again
and experience new learnings, new relationships, new places to explore, new perspectives to understand, and new opportunities for growth – all part of my journey to stretch my boundaries. These
unexpected circumstances, however, quietly devastated me and I began to
question my Why.

Being
locked in a house with two small children and seriously questioning how many
times one of my naked children could be caught on my zoom calls, I quickly needed
to remind myself of my priorities and I started to
reflect on my actions, re-focusing on the global situation, and continued
interacting with other experienced individuals throughout the school and the
broader ecosystem. I believe that success requires one to be resilient with the ability to step up, analyse, adapt, and execute within an
ever-changing environment. That doesn’t happen in a
vacuum. I knew these challenges would create new
learnings and that leaders emerge by moving forward. I always thought flexibility was tied to yoga…but in this
case, flexibility of thought is the mechanism to configure for the future – my
future.

I feel as
though I have uncovered my unique contribution to the programme: the undeniable
and unwavering approach of giving back as a basis for life-long relationships
and professional and personal development. I strive to be a voice of reason and
responsibility. Most of us are more competitive than collaborative; we
understand cooperation but not necessarily how that differs from collaboration.
When we grow together as a group and support one another, the mindset changes
and so does our learning. Striving for common outcomes gives everyone an
opportunity to learn and grow from the experience. It
is this collective problem-solving scenario that creates sustainable change.

I have undoubtedly learned from this experience. Despite the year not being exactly what I expected or envisioned, not only has my Why not changed at all, it has been reinforced.

The post The Original Why? appeared first on Student and Admissions Blog - London Business School.
Director
Director
Send PM
FOMO is real [#permalink]
FROM LBS Admissions Blog: FOMO is real
EMBA life
is busy. I’ve been quiet for the past four weeks whilst trying to juggle home,
assignments, classes and work. For the first few weekends of hybrid learning, I
went into campus to attend classes in person. The school has initiated hybrid learning,
which allows students who are unable to travel to campus to attend lectures from
the comfort of their own home. This works amazingly well with being pregnant as
on days where I had conflicts with appointments or general issues that crop up
during pregnancy, I was able to attend classes from home. As with any new
system, there were issues with the hybrid system, but the school has worked
very well with the students to iron out niggles with microphones and the class
infrastructure.

The one
thing that does stand out is that one misses the interactions, the
conversations and the general engagement that comes from being in a classroom.
The random chat with a fellow student, the organic networking and that feeling
of being a student again, don’t really happen when you are attending classes on
Zoom. When earlier limited distancing guidelines were in place, the cohort
arranged various evening engagements. However, with a very limited supply of
energy for the day and being aware of my heightened risk, I chose to stay away.
The pictures definitely made me feel a major pang of FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out)
and had me crossing my fingers patiently waiting to come out the other side of
this pandemic.

The cohort
also has the opportunity to connect and engage with each other on a one to one basis
or in small groups without the need for class reps to organise these. However,
this is easier said than done, with the pandemic and social distancing in
place. If you are thinking about studying the EMBA, do put in place time in the
evenings and weekends to engage with people within the cohort. Also, remember,
some people may not like networking over Zoom and may much prefer to do this in
person. I have chosen to engage primarily using Zoom and one to one chats
during lunch breaks on the days that I attend campus. This does not reduce the
FOMO, but has helped me get to know more of the people on the programme.

As someone who is pregnant, do remember that you will have times when you can’t attend class or group meetings. Reliance on others and ensuring you are okay with missing at least some of the ‘fun’ are things to accept before you go on this journey. You will be busy with limited energy – I’m reminding myself that there are 20 months to go, so plenty of time to catch up even though I’m acutely aware that I am missing out in some ways.

The post FOMO is real appeared first on Student and Admissions Blog - London Business School.
Director
Director
Send PM
Masters in Finance: Career Impact [#permalink]
FROM LBS Admissions Blog: Masters in Finance: Career Impact
Considering our Masters in Finance (MiF) programme starting in 2021? 

Read on to find out about the outstanding career impact the
MiF programme has on our students and their professional career journeys. Our
recent MiF graduates tell their personal stories, and share how by partnering
with the Career Centre they were able to pursue the right career paths for
them.

MiF Full-time 2019 Employment Report

Demand for our MiF graduates remains strong despite Brexit uncertainty throughout 2019 and the impact of coronavirus in early 2020. 88% of students in the 2019 full-time class accepted jobs within three months of graduating. Most (80%) went into the financial sector, typically joining banks and asset management firms.

Our experienced pool of graduates secured roles across the
world. Almost half of the 2019 class (46%) remained in the UK to work following
graduation, with a further 8% choosing to work across Europe. The remaining 46%
of graduates took up roles globally, across Asia, Latin America, the Middle
East, Africa and North America. We had an amazing 99% reporting rate.

Employers who hired from the MiF 2019 class include Alliance
Bernstein, Citi, Deloitte, Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley and Pimco.

MiF students gain a rigorous understanding of finance and
develop the skills to achieve their career goals. Our students benefit from
additional practitioner modules, digital skills and topical electives, giving
them the expertise to thrive in London-based roles or positions elsewhere. Additionally,
the Career Centre helps you proactively manage your career and further develop
career skills that will support you throughout your professional career.

Lynette Robinson, MiF FT 2020, currently working at
Capstone Headwaters in investment banking, reveals:

Himanshu Arora, MiF FT 2020, currently working at Amazon
in operations finance, shares:

To learn more about our Career Centre and the career impact of the MiF, download our employment report.

Unsure about your eligibility for the Masters in Finance programme? Submit your profile for review and the Recruitment team will provide you with tailored feedback on your fit for the programme.

The post Masters in Finance: Career Impact appeared first on Student and Admissions Blog - London Business School.
Director
Director
Send PM
Digital for Impact Week 5: Painting a story, the recommendations pyram [#permalink]
FROM LBS Admissions Blog: Digital for Impact Week 5: Painting a story, the recommendations pyramid & making sure it’s not a surprise!
By Giri Kesavan (MBA2021)

Giri is the Co-President of The Tech & Media Club at London Business School. An MBA2021 student, he also chairs the degree & careers wide Technology Sector Steering Committee, working with the school, faculty, industry, alumni and Careers Centre on Technology education & careers. Giri works with The Wheeler Institute on content development, outreach and student-led collaborations. He is further involved with the school as an MBA Academic Representative and Peer Leader for Technology.

You can catch up on the Digital for Impact series from week one here.

We’re already into Week 5 of Digital for Impact! This week
for us has all been about painting a story. In earlier blogs I talked about the
importance of a data room and data driven decisions. Over the past weeks, we
have amassed a huge amount of data, ranging from customer sentiments,
forecasts, financial models, pitch decks, survey results and qualitative
interview comments. It’s been a goldmine!

However, what’s important is not how much data you have, but
the insights that you can infer from it. Structuring the data and deriving
insights was key this week for our team. We took a very defined approach and
broke down the complex problem for the client into three key themes:

• Business Areas: What are the current strengths and weaknesses of each business area? What are the threats and opportunities? Crucially, how can we bring focus on which area to target in the future?
  • Customer: Our analysis on the customer side focused on Segmentation, Targeting and Positioning. We wanted to understand exactly who the customers were and defined key metrics and performance indicators to track customer sentiment. Positioning was key – we wanted to understand the market and competitive positioning for our client.
  • Product: The tension between new product development and scaling up. It’s something we touched on earlier in course – and now we needed to put metrics to this! We looked at the product-market fit and assessed its strength relative to a go-to-market strategy.

Across Business, Customer and Product, we were then able to
define which pieces of data fit into which section. This allowed us to ‘slice
and dice’ datasets and traverse through a huge amount of information. Through
this exercise, our team identified the key issues and we were able to derive
key recommendations and focus areas for our client. However, that’s just the
first challenge! Painting a story with this data would be key – and we knew
that we had to focus on visualising metrics, creating a story, driving
recommendations and have that backed with facts and logical evidence.

An interesting element we discussed in the course this week
was the concept of recommendations in the eyes of the client. We found that our
structure was too top heavy! We needed to make sure that we put ourselves in
the client’s perspective. Sure, we could do beautiful slides with visual data
sets across Business, Customer & Product…but what do we actually
want the client to do? We needed to make sure we took a recommendations first
approach – and broke down the recommendations into bite-size chunks that could
actually be implemented. Indeed, delivering strategy is great…but linking top
down strategy with bottoms up initiatives would be even better.

As we start crystallising our final recommendations, it’s
also important for us to be aware of the concepts of humble consulting that we
talked about in previous weeks. We can’t just rock up on the last day and
dictate what to do…it’s got to be an evolving conversation. Indeed, as Rajesh
and Costas put it so aptly, the client can’t be surprised on the last day when
we finally present. Continuing building trust and evolving recommendations with
input from the client would be key – and that’s the focus of the coming week!

The post Digital for Impact Week 5: Painting a story, the recommendations pyramid & making sure it’s not a surprise! appeared first on Student and Admissions Blog - London Business School.
Director
Director
Send PM
Masters in Finance: Application hints and tips [#permalink]
FROM LBS Admissions Blog: Masters in Finance: Application hints and tips
By Lucky Singh, MiF Recruitment Manager

Applications
for the Masters in Finance (MiF) Full-time and
Part-time programmes starting in August 2021 are open!

As
we are nearing our third round deadline which is Tuesday 5th
January, we wanted to provide you with useful information to help guide you
through the application process.

The
most important thing before starting your application is to do your research.
Get a thorough understanding of the MiF by visiting our website and downloading our brochure. Learn more about the student
body and career impact by downloading our class directory and employment report. Develop your awareness of the MiF student
experience by speaking to our current students, student ambassadors and alumni. Have your
questions answered live during one of our many events.

We
in the MiF Recruitment Team are here to support you across the research and
applying stages.  You can email us with
any of your questions at mif@london.edu. You can submit your profile for review, and we will
informally assess your eligibility for the programme. We also host one-to-one
consultations, where we answer your questions and provide you with tailored
application support.

Once
you have completed your research, the next step is to start your application. You will be required to fill
out our online application form, which includes submitting; a GMAT or GRE
score, two essay questions, a one page CV, your academic transcripts and two
professional references.

Applications are reviewed holistically,
therefore all aspects of your application are measured equally by the MiF
Admissions Committee.

Below is an explanation of the individual
application requirements in more detail.

GMAT/GRE

So we can assess your quantitative ability
to ensure you can keep up with the rigour of the programme, we require a GMAT
or GRE score. We have no preference between GMAT or GRE. A strong GMAT score is
650 or above, and for GRE we look for around 160 in the quantitative section,
and 155 in the verbal section. You can also submit your application in advance
of GMAT or GRE as we do make conditional offers.

For
a small number of candidates, we waive the GMAT/GRE requirement. If you have
CFA L2 then you will automatically receive a GMAT/GRE waiver.  We also
grant GMAT/GRE waivers to candidates with strong grades at undergraduate and
postgraduate level, especially those who have studied quantitative subjects,
and who have outstanding professional finance work experience. Professional
qualifications like CFA Level I, FRM, CPA and ACCA will increase your chances
of getting a waiver. To apply for a GMAT/GRE waiver, please share your CV and
your undergraduate and postgraduate transcripts with us at mif@london.edu.

Two essay questions

Our two essay questions are focused on why
you are interested in studying the Masters in Finance at LBS, and how will you
will contribute to our community. Remember, there is no right or wrong answer.
Use the essays to tell us your story, and to highlight your personality.
Demonstrate your leadership potential, your global mind-set, and showcase your
academic capabilities.

CV and transcripts

You
must include a one page CV in our recommended CV template and your
academic transcripts. We require transcripts from your undergraduate and any
postgraduate degrees. If your transcripts are not in English, they will need to
be translated.

References

We require two references from you, and
these should ideally be professional i.e. by someone you have worked with and
who knows you very well. The seniority of your referee does not matter as much
as the quality of your reference. Please note that these need to be submitted
before we can start reviewing your application. You should give your referees
sufficient time to prepare and submit the reference, and spend time explaining
your motivations to them, so that they can complete the reference thoroughly.

Once
you have submitted your application, the Admissions team will inform you about
whether you have been selected for interview. This is conducted by our Alumni.
For more information regarding the interview stage, take a look at our blog here.  

If
you require any further information, please contact us at mif@london.edu.

We
wish you the best of luck with your application!

The post Masters in Finance: Application hints and tips appeared first on Student and Admissions Blog - London Business School.
Director
Director
Send PM
Welcoming our new MiF Ambassadors [#permalink]
FROM LBS Admissions Blog: Welcoming our new MiF Ambassadors
By Lucy Palin, MiF Admissions Manager

Part of my role at London Business School is to manage the
Student Ambassador programme. I love the opportunity it gives me to really get
to know students from all finance backgrounds and to work with them to promote
LBS and more specifically the Mastersin Finance (MiF). Ambassadors are key contributors to the awareness of such
a unique and diverse programme.

The Student Ambassadors are current students on the MiF programme and so are a fantastic resource for you to find out more about the MiF experience. Students are able to tailor the MiF to suit their career goals and by reaching out to an Ambassador with similar career goals, you can start to plan your journey from an early stage. For example, those of you who are potentially targeting Investing roles post-graduation should think about pursuing the extremely popular ‘Value Investing’ elective.

They are also highly active on campus with many of them
taking on Executive Committee positions within student clubs; from the PE/VC
Club through to Black in Business. So you can ask them about all walks of LBS
life! The more research you do prior to studying at LBS the more you will be
able to make the most of opportunities available to you on the MiF from
electives through to clubs and networking opportunities.

I encourage everyone to reach out to at least one Student
Ambassador when applying to the MiF. Not only will this give you a better
understanding of the programme but it also demonstrates to us, the MiF
Admissions Team, that you are proactive and well researched. If you need any more
encouragement to speak with an Ambassador, they have also all been through our
admissions process, they can inform you as to what to expect and hopefully give
you some useful tips on how to submit your strongest application. They have
been interviewed by one of our alumni and can share their own admission
experience.

I can wholeheartedly say that working with our Student Ambassadors is a highlight of what I do at LBS. Getting to know, and work with so many bright minds from all over the world is a privilege and it never ends there. I continue to work with our alumni daily and have some lifelong friends with previous ambassadors.

So, connect with them [url=https://www.london.edu/masters-degrees/student-alumni-and-ambassadors#sort=%40profilesurname%20ascending&f:programme=[Masters%20in%20Finance%20full%20time,Masters%20in%20Finance%20part%20time]&f:profiletype=[Ambassadors]]here![/url]

The post Welcoming our new MiF Ambassadors appeared first on Student and Admissions Blog - London Business School.
Director
Director
Send PM
Meet our Early Careers Student Ambassadors [#permalink]
FROM LBS Admissions Blog: Meet our Early Careers Student Ambassadors
By Elizabeth Taiwo, Recruitment and Admissions Officer – Early Career Programmes

Whilst every
student is a representative of the School and you’re more than welcome to get
in contact with them, we have a core team of carefully selected student
ambassadors currently studying across our portfolio of Early Career Programmes (MiMGlobal MiMMAM and MFA).

As a team of 47
students, representing 24 nationalities and coming from a wide variety of
academic and professional backgrounds, our student ambassadors are a true
reflection of our diverse community.

Already two months into their studies, they are
perfectly positioned to advise you on the student experience here at LBS,
whilst still remembering exactly how they felt when they were in your shoes:
submitting applications for business schools, tackling the world of
standardised tests and perhaps looking for some guidance during this journey.

Being able to interact with current students is an
invaluable resource: not only does it give you the opportunity to deepen your
understanding of the LBS community and your programme of interest, but you can
then use these takeaways to strengthen your application essays. One of the
areas that the Admissions Committee will assess when reviewing your application
is the level of research you have undertaken and how informed you are, so
having meaningful conversations with our ambassadors is an excellent place to
start.

However, we know that deciding whether this is the right place for you is an ongoing process that does not stop with choosing to apply to LBS. This is something that needs to be considered if you are invited for interview and made an offer. It is important to know who we are as a community and assess whether you can see yourself as a student or future alumnus. To do so, you can speak to our ambassadors at any stage of your decision-making process.

So, here are just a few ways in which you can
engage with our student ambassadors:

• Join us for a Student
    Perspective
    : centred on the student experience, you will be
    able to talk to a group of ambassadors and ask questions around their
    application experience, why they chose LBS and even discuss post-programme
    career goals
  • Email/LinkedIn: our ambassadors are more than happy to connect with you outside of
    events (and LinkedIn is a great way to expand your network)
  • Blog posts: the ambassadors will write about their experiences on the programme
    throughout the year and you can reach out to them if you have any follow-up
    questions
  • Coffee chats: let them know if you want to sit down for an informal, one-to-one
    conversation

Our ambassadors are keen to support you and share their experiences – explore their profiles to get started!

[url=https://www.london.edu/masters-degrees/student-alumni-and-ambassadors#sort=%40profilesurname%20ascending&f:programme=[Masters%20in%20Financial%20Analysis]&f:profiletype=[Ambassadors]][/url]

[url=https://www.london.edu/masters-degrees/student-alumni-and-ambassadors#sort=%40profilesurname%20ascending&f:programme=[Masters%20in%20Management]&f:profiletype=[Ambassadors]][/url]

[url=https://www.london.edu/masters-degrees/student-alumni-and-ambassadors#sort=%40profilesurname%20ascending&f:programme=[Global%20Masters%20in%20Management]&f:profiletype=[Ambassadors]][/url]

[url=https://www.london.edu/masters-degrees/student-alumni-and-ambassadors#sort=%40profilesurname%20ascending&f:programme=[Masters%20in%20Analytics%20and%20Management]&f:profiletype=[Ambassadors]][/url]

You can also look at profiles for seven of our MiM and MAM Class of 2020 students who are currently doing the optional fourth term. Feel free to reach out to them if you have any questions about choosing the fourth term or to hear about their experience completing the core 12-month programme.

MiM: William Abihanna, Ji Cui, Rhea Patel, Aakash Shah, Keshav Lohia and Nishtha Saritay Agrawal
MAM: Hanah Azar

The post Meet our Early Careers Student Ambassadors appeared first on Student and Admissions Blog - London Business School.
Director
Director
Send PM
Meet the Early Career Recruitment & Admissions Team [#permalink]
FROM LBS Admissions Blog: Meet the Early Career Recruitment & Admissions Team
By Malak Hammoud, Recruitment Manager – MiM, GMiM, MFA

When considering a Master’s degree we understand that you need the right support and guidance to navigate through all the options and requirements to make sure you’re making the best decision for your future. Our Early Career programmes portfolio are aimed at fresh grads looking to launch their business career and thrive in a competitive jobs market. You might ask yourself what’s different about these programmes or what programme is right for me? This is where the Recruitment & Admissions team at LBS can lend you a helping hand.

We can help you through all the stages leading up till you become an LBS student. From programme content, LBS life, application requirements and personalised consultation – we’re here to help every step of the way. You can find all the information you need to submit a strong application with our help. Let me introduce you to the individuals that you may meet along your journey.  

Student Recruitment Associates

Alex Hurd MiM & GMiM Student Recruitment Associate (mim@london.edu)

“Hello, I have been working at LBS in the recruitment team for over a year now. I have really enjoyed meeting some of you in person at our events and now virtually over Zoom consultations. I’m originally from the Cornish seaside but feel like a city convert now as I have been in London 10 years! Outside of LBS I am a massive music fan who plays drums and you can always catch me at a gig somewhere”.

Callum Charman – MFA Student Recruitment Associate (mfa@london.edu)

“Hello! I’ve been recruiting for the MFA programme for a year and a half as a Recruitment Associate. I enjoy hosting regular events on campus (from home recently!) for prospective students. Please feel free to reach out with any questions about the programme and admissions process. Away from LBS, I enjoy live music and keeping fit”.

Maria Busz – MAM Student Recruitment Associate (mam@london.edu)

“I moved to London just over three years ago and I’ve been a part of the MAM recruitment team for almost two years. My favourite bit about the job is hosting international events to give you, the candidates, a better idea of what to expect at LBS! In my spare time I enjoy yoga and travelling”.

According to which programme you are interested in you will be met with a friendly hello from your relevant programmes associate. Our associates will most likely be your first point of contact during the research phase. They are here to answer all of your queries – all of them! They offer personalised feedback and assess your fit for the programme when you submit your CV for a review. Book a one to one consultation with the team for useful material and advise to support you in submitting your application. They can also link you with our student ambassadors for you to get to know and connect with. Email them today, don’t be shy!

Student Recruitment Managers

Malak Hammoud – MiM & GMiM Student Recruitment Manager

That’s me! I’ve been recruiting for LBS for just over 2 years. I started as the MiM & GMiM recruitment associate and now the programmes recruitment manager and I’m enjoying every second of it.  My favourite part about the job is travelling the world and meeting you guys in your cities and seeing you through the journey until you become students. It’s super rewarding seeing applicants accomplish their dreams and become part of LBS. I’m originally from Lebanon, born in Africa, and was raised in London so you can say I’ve been exposed to a lot of amazing cultures.  I enjoy dancing and I would say I’m a real pizza enthusiast!

Hema Solanki – MFA & MAM Student Recruitment Manager

“I started my LBS journey in 2015 within Executive Education before transitioning to the Recruitment team in 2018. Initially working on the Leadership Programmes, which was thoroughly exciting as building relationships through consultative sales with the middle to senior managers kept me on my toes. Recruiting students onto the Early Careers Masters programmes is equally rewarding. I’m an Indian, born in Kenya, and began my career working in Investment Banking in London with 6 years as an expat in Hong Kong. I love the flavours of my Indian cuisine with Thai and Japanese hot on the heels. Federer & MS Dhoni are my sporting heroes!”

Along with the recruitment associates myself and Hema are responsible for providing you all with all the information and support you need to submit a strong application. We do this through one to one consultations, hosting various [url=https://www.london.edu/events/calendar#sort=%40eventstarts%20ascending&f:programme=[MAM,MFA,MIM]]events[/url] that support your research when choosing the right programme. You will find us at career and university fairs answering questions related to our programme content, LBS life, employment opportunities and our student and admissions blog.

Operations
Team

Victoria
Poon – Recruitment and Admissions Manger

“As Recruitment and Admissions Manager
looking after operations, my role is to ensure that you have a
seamless journey throughout the admissions process and all the
work that goes on behind the scenes for the Admissions Team! This includes
processing your complete application, informing you of your
admissions decision and providing you support until you become a
student at LBS.  

Alongside my excellent colleagues Elizabeth Taiwo and Savana Davis, you’ll most likely
hear from us via email and over the phone and we
are here to guide you from the moment you click submit!  

Elizabeth looks after applications
for the Masters in Management (MiM) and Global MiM.  

Savana looks after applications for
the Masters in Financial Analysis (MFA) and Masters in Analytics and
Management (MAM)”.

Alexandra
Salter – Senior Recruitment and Admissions Manger

“My name is Alexandra Salter and as the
Senior Recruitment and Admissions Manager for Early
Career Programmes, I lead the team on executing our deadlines,
our strategies, partnerships, and Scholarships. I oversee the
Recruitment and Admissions Managers also, who will be your primary point
of contact through your admissions journey. I am a dual national British/Irish
citizen, I am a born and bred Londoner and have worked at LBS since 2011 –
it is truly an amazing place to be and I hope you will get to experience that
too”.  

Admissions
Managers

There are four Recruitment and
Admissions Managers who will be an instrumental part of your selection process.
Firstly, Hami Dodangeh, Hami
oversees the UK and Europe (excluding Cyprus, Greece, Poland, Russia &
Turkey). Hami is Swedish, has a degree in Social Science and enjoys following
Politics, current affairs, Football and Tennis.  

Dimitra Kouli, Dimitra manages the other parts of
Europe that Hami does not, as well as the Americas, Africa &
the Middle East. Dimitra is from Greece and she moved to
London two years ago. She appreciates good coffee, the sunny
days and getting together with friends. London is a great city with lots of
opportunities to explore, see and taste. 

Xiaoya Zhang, Xiaoya manages the
region of East Asia and is herself from China. Xiaoya is a keen
baker who holds a Diplôme de Pâtisserie from Le Cordon Bleu
Paris and is also interested in drawing. She moved to UK in 2011 and obtained
an MPhil in Politics, Development and Democratic Education from the University
of Cambridge. 

Yoon Kim, Yoon manages South and South-East Asia and
Australasia and is himself from South Korea. Currently
London based, he has also studied and lived in Mainland China, Taiwan, and
Australia and has travelled to over 20 countries. London
is definitely one of his favourite cities
and would be very proud to welcome you to this dynamic city. 

Stephanie Kernwein ThraneRecruitment and Admissions Director

My name is Stephanie Kernwein Thrane and I am the Recruitment and Admissions Director for the Early Career programmes. My role oversees the entire recruitment pipeline and admissions process including final decision outcomes alongside the Admissions Committee. I have the privilege to work alongside my brilliant colleagues in the Early Careers team who through their tenure at LBS and in Higher Education provide great service to all of our candidates. My team, the staff and faculty at LBS as well as our students and alumni are an amazingly diverse group of individuals who make up the truly global network of the School. I myself am born and raised in Denmark and have studied in the UK and US and spent the last 10 years in my all-time favorite city, London”

Start your LBS journey and we are all here to support you!

The post Meet the Early Career Recruitment & Admissions Team appeared first on Student and Admissions Blog - London Business School.
Director
Director
Send PM
MiM or MAM – Which one is right for you? [#permalink]
FROM LBS Admissions Blog: MiM or MAM – Which one is right for you?
By Maria Busz, MAM Recruitment Associate

Working in the Recruitment Team, we often get questions about the
differences between the MAM and MiM programme. It’s more than understandable as
these two programmes have a very similar curriculum. You’ll learn about
business, you’ll do the London LAB project and you’ll collaborate on many
practical assignments together as MiM and MAM students.

There are, however, some key differences between the two programmes
and I will try to present them to you today.

Masters in Management, our flagship programme, has been developed in partnership with top global recruiters. It equips you with the critical business understanding, adaptive mindset, international perspective and business-ready practical skills to start your career.

As a MiM candidate, you
should have the motivation and desire to build a strong foundation for a career
in business. MiM students tend to come from diverse academic and professional
backgrounds. We are more than happy to consider applicants who have broad work
experience in non-traditional business roles such as engineering, science and
arts.

As for Masters in Analytics and Management,
you’ll have to be ready to combine detailed data analytics knowledge with strong
business acumen. You will explore wide-ranging subjects like Data
Visualisation, Machine Learning and AI. Use real data to solve real problems
during your live business project, or join the London start-up scene.

MAM students are expected to have some prior programming knowledge
(at least intermediate level) and to have already worked on a data driven
project. We are happy to accept candidates from STEM backgrounds with a strong
interest in business and management and strong leadership skills.

When deciding which programme to choose, you might need to consider
the bigger picture. You’ll need to be self-aware and understand what are you
strong and weak sides and what do you want your career path to look like.

Some useful questions to ask yourself before choosing a programme
would be:

• What are my strengths and
    weaknesses?
  • What do I want to do in the
    future?
  • What skills do I need that I
    don’t have yet?

If you’re thinking about a career in consulting,
either of these programmes might prove to be right for you. If you’re not sure
whether to choose MiM or MAM, it all depends on whether you want to add an
analytical edge to your skillset. If you can see yourself working in a
consulting company and want to be involved in data-driven projects, MAM might
be a better fit for you. Or perhaps you are thinking about starting your own
business in tech and need more analytical knowledge to better understand the
ins and outs of the industry.

If you prefer to gain more general
knowledge or perhaps are transitioning from a non-business related background,
MiM might be a better fit for you.

As a Recruitment Team, we’re always aiming
to give you a clearer idea of what programme is the best option for you as an
individual. We have a number of upcoming online events where you can find out
more about the programme of your choice. We also offer one to one consultations
on Zoom.

If you’d like to get in touch with a
Recruitment representative, please email mim@london.edu
for the Masters in Management programme, and mam@london.edu
for the Masters in Analytics and Management programme.

We’re looking forward to speaking with you!

The post MiM or MAM – Which one is right for you? appeared first on Student and Admissions Blog - London Business School.
GMAT Club Bot
MiM or MAM – Which one is right for you? [#permalink]
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  22