Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 02:30 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 02:30

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8832 [0]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Given Kudos: 52
GMAT 1: 610 Q41 V34
GMAT 2: 690 Q49 V33
GPA: 3.69
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Schools: ISB '23 (D)
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Re: Calling all ISB PGP Applicants - (2021 Intake) Class of 2022 [#permalink]
Hey, anyone whose interview was scheduled today (Nov 1) but got rescheduled/postponed cos Interviewers weren't available?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 142
Send PM
Did anyone receive interview invite today?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Given Kudos: 13
Schools: ISB'22 (I)
Send PM
Bookmarks
gmatprans wrote:
Interview was on skype and had 2 alumni, one from '10 batch and another from '13 batch. Both were from IT firms.

Questions were mostly centred on my profile and essays.
1. Introduce yourself
2. How do you go about influencing people? Do you have any method for it? How do you benefit from it? Quality mentioned -> Influence
3. Why ProdMan and why specifically from ISB?
4. Follow up -> how isb will help in getting you the ProdMan role?
5. What is the most critical feedback you have received?
6. How would you give a feedback to others? Do you think influence and feedback go hand-in-hand?
7. Situational question <got bumped> How would you handle a person who is offended by a negative feedback? Answered it. Follow-up, how will you influence a person who is offended by the negative feedback and is not a rational person? (Couldn't answer)
8. Back to PM. Why do you specifically want to do a PM role? People at your age like to do many things at once. What interests you to become a PM?
9. What happens if you don't get to do an MBA? What happens if you don't get a PM role at ISB?
10. Any questions for us?

The interviewers were very friendly and agreed to almost every thing i said (can't say if that's a good thing, though :P ), and interrupted me when i didn't answer in the right direction.
No questions around hobbies, or extra-currics (though I had heavily demonstrated them both in essay and profile). They did ask me why IT after chemical engineering, though.

What was the panel number?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V40
GRE 1: Q163 V160
Send PM
sussinha wrote:

Yup. By email around 6:30 PM.
Honestly, I had written myself out because it's almost the end of the cycle. Pleasantly surprised! :D
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 149
Send PM
A new ISB Interview Debrief has just been posted: https://gmatclub.com/forum/isb-204/interview_debrief.html#debrief-1441
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Given Kudos: 142
Send PM
Bookmarks
keynesfan wrote:
sussinha wrote:

Yup. By email around 6:30 PM.
Honestly, I had written myself out because it's almost the end of the cycle. Pleasantly surprised! :D

Great news!! Good luck for your interview. :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.04
Send PM
Kudos
Hi All!

Are applicants still receiving interview invites for R1? I applied on September 15 with completed profile and got the verification on Sep 18. Fingers crossed as it's more than 6 weeks and haven't received any mail after that
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 41
Schools: ISB'22 (D)
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
Send PM
Was yours panel no. 5?

AJain59 wrote:
Profile - 730 in GMAT, 2.5 years of work experience with McKC
Interview started 55 mins late and lasted around 50 mins; the previous interview ran over and the ad-com person called me in between to intimate that they will take sometime to start and to stay on hold.
3 alums - all from diverse backgrounds - started with introducing themselves and then asked me to introduce myself. Post introducing myself, I carefully mentioned the project that I wanted to talk about in detail to highlight my work experience and they asked me a lot of questions post that. They delved into what I did, what exactly was my role, what all was my contribution, any challenges faced during the project and similar details. (I think the push here was to see my exact role given I had mentioned I worked as a proper consultant on this project and see whether I actually knew what I did or not)
Post that, since my work was around a report that talked about large firms, they asked me some general questions to see my thought process:
1) You talk a lot about large firms - but startups have generated considerable employment but large firms have not. How do you explain that?
2) Government recently relaxed labour laws - what are your views on that? (Here first I gave an answer from both perspective but then they really asked me to give my personal POV which I gave)

This discussion was a good 25-30 minutes.

Post that, they talked about the social work I had done (I had mentioned Enactus and NSS on my application) and they asked where my drive was coming from. Asked a lot in detail about the Enactus project and what my exact contribution was. (Enactus was a big part of my first essay and hence I feel it was discussed in detail)

Post that, they asked me what my short-term and long-term goals are cause they were not that clear on my essay. Pushed on the "Why MBA" answer considering my work experience and background.

After that, while wrapping up, they asked me a sort of consulting question where-in they said what will by my top two recommendations if I happen to bump into a tourism industry CEO (I had mentioned travelling as a hobby and consultant as short-term goal)

Quick tips:
1) Do not get stressed - the interview is entirely conversational and there is no stress testing of any sort (Ofc, do not faff/lie as that can land you in a ditch)
2) Cover everything in your application and have basic pointers ready
3) Very important to guide your interview if you get an open-ended question to begin with - I feel I was at ease because I started with the project that I could actually talk a lot about!

BSchool Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 372 [1]
Given Kudos: 618
GRE 1: Q165 V163

GRE 2: Q165 V163

GRE 3: Q170 V163
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos
UPDATE FROM ISB: I just got off a phone conversation with ISB. Interviews would go into December. The site would be updated soon highlighting the same

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools: ISB'22 (A)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41 (Online)
GPA: 4
Send PM
elPatron434 wrote:
UPDATE FROM ISB: I just got off a phone conversation with ISB. Interviews would go into December. The site would be updated soon highlighting the same

Any update regarding the results?
BSchool Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 372 [0]

Send PM
Harry22 wrote:
elPatron434 wrote:

Any update regarding the results?

Nothing yet. Hopefully it gets addressed in the site update
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 61
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V33
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V36
Send PM
Hi all,
I submitted my unofficial GMAT Score on 29th October.But my official score may take few days to reach ISB(requested GMAC on 28th Oct---my GMAT Day)
I have mailed them regarding this. I want to be considered for R1 only.Is there any chance of my application getting pushed to R2 because of this?

Thanks
BSchool Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 372 [0]

Send PM
spriyam wrote:
Hi all,
I submitted my unofficial GMAT Score on 29th October.But my official score may take few days to reach ISB(requested GMAC on 28th Oct---my GMAT Day)
I have mailed them regarding this. I want to be considered for R1 only.Is there any chance of my application getting pushed to R2 because of this?

Thanks

I think you should be okay. But I would wait for communication from the program for confirmation

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 61
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V33
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V36
Send PM
elPatron434 wrote:
spriyam wrote:
Hi all,

Thanks

I think you should be okay. But I would wait for communication from the program for confirmation

This is what I received from them 2 days ago.What do you make of it ? How can I ensure now that the official score reaches them
before their short-listing process ends?

Your application has been checked for completion. The following is the status:

Your application is complete, except for your official GMAT/GRE Score report.

Please also note that it takes 2 to 3 weeks for your scores to reach ISB from the date on which you requested for these scores to be reported to ISB. You will get an update automatically once your official scores have been received by ISB. However, if you have a confirmation that the Official Scores have reached the ISB, please check, if the appointment number and individual scores are the same that you have mentioned in your application.

If we do not receive your official score even by the date we have completed our short-listing process, we will not be able to consider you for admission.

All completed applications will be reviewed and the status will be communicated 5 - 7 days prior to the interview schedule, if short-listed.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 63 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Send PM
elPatron434 wrote:

What a farce.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [3]
Given Kudos: 12
Schools: ISB'22 (A)
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
Send PM
Kudos