Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 14:18 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 14:18

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [6]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 750 Q47 V46
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [2]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 750 Q47 V46
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 165 [0]
Given Kudos: 52
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Re: HBS Shipped Package [#permalink]
Hey - I guess it's just an outreach gesture they do it every year, it's a minor gift (souvenir :P) to all individuals that interviewed so i wouldn't read into it much.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
Send PM
I also received the same email! Fedex package, 2lbs, Wed delivery date! my hunch is it cant be a decision letter (acceptance or rejection) as they’ve made it very clear that all decisions will be released on Dec 10th. They’ve always been very precise on the dates they announce!
Maybe a thank you package along with some information/brochures about program, etc?

Posted from my mobile device
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8831 [0]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Expert Reply
I don't know if I am helping you or not by with this information but this happened with a few schools last year. Some applicants got the FedEx notification and then got the admission calls later. It happened last year as well but never heard about FedEx notif from Harvard though.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/calling-all- ... l#p2241303
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72871 [2]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
A bottle of vodka ahead of the decision date so you can either celebrate or drown your sadness in it? :lol:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 447 [1]
Given Kudos: 277
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Kudos
An acceptance letter with Corona vaccine, so that you guys can join as early as possible...or what bb said a bottle of vodka... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72871 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Congratulations!!!! ... I guess this year the Admissions Notification was sent out by FedEx????? :shock:

Is that because previously the notifications were bungled? Like last year when they went out at 6 PM after everyone was waiting since 9? or they feel it is safer to send them via FedEx? Seems odd.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 89 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GPA: 1
Send PM
I am almost 100% sure that this is NOT an admission decision. It's probably a coffee mug, a hat, a sweatshirt, or some other small gift.

I have heard TONS of people getting the message, but I've only heard ONE person that doesn't have something coming their way. Unless HBS is going to have a 98% acceptance rate this year, there's just no way that it could possible be for admits.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 94 [1]
Given Kudos: 36
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.6
WE:Business Development (Transportation)
Send PM
Kudos
bb wrote:
Congratulations!!!! ... I guess this year the Admissions Notification was sent out by FedEx????? :shock:

Is that because previously the notifications were bungled? Like last year when they went out at 6 PM after everyone was waiting since 9? or they feel it is safer to send them via FedEx? Seems odd.

Haha, I guess due to our recent experiences with a FedEx shipping to Germany I have no chance to receive anything anyways LOL

CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1813 [0]
Given Kudos: 763
WE:Sales (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Maybe HBS's way of Thanksgiving in 2020.!!! :)
Current Student
Given Kudos: 13
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Hi everyone, I haven't received a Fedex notification. Did any international interviewee receive the email?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 447 [3]
Given Kudos: 277
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Kudos
Whenever I heard Fedex, Cast away movie come into my thoughts. Imagine Your admission letter packed in a seal box , floating in the sea and coming your way. So just stand near to some seashore. :lol: ;)
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
bb wrote:

What's the reference to last year?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [1]
Given Kudos: 34
Send PM
Kudos
bb wrote:

Nothing did get bungled last year...

Chill everyone, I doubt they have even put their shortlists together, given they have 3 weeks until decision day. As others have said, it's probably a mug or something

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 165 [1]
Given Kudos: 52
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Kudos
In the comments of the P&Q video (https://poetsandquants.com/2020/11/23/h ... admissions), it looks like an interviewee called the school and they said "I just called to confirm with the HBS admissions department and the package interviewees will receive this week are not final decisions. The package will contain a simple welcome gift and will be sent to everyone that interviewed.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72871 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
strawberryjelly wrote:
bb wrote:

Nothing did get bungled last year...

Chill everyone, I doubt they have even put their shortlists together, given they have 3 weeks until decision day. As others have said, it's probably a mug or something

Sorry, Sorry, Sorry :angel:
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [4]
Given Kudos: 33
Send PM
Kudos
Just received this:

"Dear X,

We want to thank you again for interviewing with the Admissions Board at Harvard Business School. We have enjoyed getting to know you more.

As a sign of our appreciation, we are sending you a copy of a book recently co-authored by HBS Professor Francis Frei. Those of you in the U.S. and Canada will receive a hard copy of the book this week, and may start to receive notifications about the shipment from FedEx today. Given shipping delays and restrictions internationally, we have ordered an e-book copy for all of you who reside outside of the U.S. and Canada, and you will receive that e-book in a separate email.

And as a reminder, next week Frances is hosting a session for all interviewees on Monday, November 30 at 3:30 p.m. eastern time. We hope you can join us. Register here.

Sincerely,
MBA Admissions
Harvard Business School"
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts