Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 12:16 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 12:16

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8831 [5]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 50 [7]
Given Kudos: 15
GRE 1: Q168 V157
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1288 [7]
Given Kudos: 95
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 590 Q46 V25
GMAT 2: 690 Q49 V34
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [5]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.63
Send PM
Re: Admitted profiles of IIM Bangalore EPGP 2021 intake [#permalink]
Kudos
Name/username: Lakshmi C Rajeev
Country/Location : India
Under-Graduate School : Amrita School of Engineering, Coimbatore
Under-Graduate GPA: 9.06/10
GMAT/GRE Test scores: 740
Which round did you apply in?: R1
Total Work Experience : 9 yrs
Pre-MBA Industry : IT
Target industry post-MBA: Tech/ E-commerce
Brief about Work Experience : 9 years in SAP Labs
What is your relation to the Recommenders?(Manager. client etc): Manager
Volunteering/Extra-curriculars: Part of many initiatives within SAP like Diversity and Inclusion, Rewards and Recognition
International Experience : No
Scholarship Given? :No
The motivation for MBA and why Now brief? :
Short-Term Goal : Program Manager
Long-Term Goal : COO
Link to your interview debrief:
Mainly concentrated on my profile. Asked about my career goals and why COO and not CEO. Was interested in the recent transition of my company into cloud. Overall it was more like a very interesting discussion. Asked how certain strategy taken up by my company will show in the balance sheet.
(You can add your interview experience HERE and paste the link above )
Did you use the help of an MBA Consultant? : No
Any comments, feelings, advice ? : Be confident. It is not about being 100% correct in your answers. It is about how you respond to the criticism and think on your feet to the questions they throw at you.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [2]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Kudos
Thank you for Insight of Interview

IIM School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [1]
Given Kudos: 38
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V36
GPA: 4
Send PM
Kudos
Congrats Chetan, Amit and Lakshmi. Insightful debrief.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1288 [2]
Given Kudos: 95
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 590 Q46 V25
GMAT 2: 690 Q49 V34
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Kudos
vikgupta07 wrote:
Congrats Chetan, Amit and Lakshmi. Insightful debrief.

Congratulations to you too.

Share your Profile and Interview exp with everyone. :D

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [7]
Given Kudos: 103
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 670 Q50 V31
WE:Project Management (Real Estate)
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
Nikhil wrote:

Profiles of IIM Bangalore EPGP admitted applicants

Hi Everyone,

We are collecting the profiles of those who got admission into the IIM Bangalore EPGP program. It would be a great insight for future applicants. If you got admitted into the IIM Bangalore EPGP program, I request you to share your profile with us by replying in this topic. You can use the following format to share your profile. Feel free to add any other details you would like to share.

Name/username:
Under-Graduate School :
Under-Graduate GPA:
GMAT/GRE Test scores:
Which round did you apply to?:
Total Work Experience :
Pre-MBA Industry :
Target industry post-MBA:
Brief about Work Experience :
What is your relation to the Recommenders?(Manager. client etc):
Volunteering/Extra-curriculars:
International Experience :
Scholarship Given? :
Short-Term Goal :
Long-Term Goal :
Did you use the help of an MBA Consultant? :
Any comments, feelings, advice to share?:

Hi All,

Thanks to GMATClub for all the support offered. GMAT Club and team, you are one of the great resources which helped me achieve admission to my dream program at my dream institution.

And, here comes my profile and de-brief below:

Name/username: Nithin Kumar Peratla / nkme2007

Country/Location :India / Mumbai

Under-Graduate School : RVR & JC College of Engineering, Guntur

Under-Graduate GPA:86.77%

Post-Graduate School : IIT Madras

Post-Graduate GPA: 8.19/10

GMAT/GRE Test scores: 670

Which round did you apply to?: Round 1

Total Work Experience : 7.5 Years

Pre-MBA Industry : Real Estate and Construction

Target industry post-MBA: Consulting, Operations / E-commerce

Brief about Work Experience : I term myself as a diverse professional who utilised opportunities to have worked in multiple roles of project management and operations management in Real Estate Industry. I played responsible roles in Construction Management for MEP Works at High Rise Residential Buildings, Contract Administration, Sub-contractor and Client Billing, MIS for commercial activities of Engineering and Marketing departments. My work spans at L&T and Lodha Group across different projects at Mumbai and it's suburbs.

What is your relation to the Recommenders?(Manager. client etc):

1. Reporting Manager
2. A Senior Manager whom I have worked with cross-functionally during my project management role

Volunteering/Extra-curriculars:

1. Supported several students by being Chief Advisor at shiksha.com

2. Ran a free website below for interaction with aspirants - https://exceleducon.yolasite.com/

3. Led and volunteered COVID-19 relief activities of Lodha Group

NOT LISTING A FEW COMMON ONES and am open for any guidance in showcasing the profile.

International Experience : Nil

Scholarship Given? : No

The motivation for MBA and why Now brief? : Although there is diversity in my profile within big names of Real Estate in India, I am always having a zeal to explore and utilise the skills I have nurtured in different industries as well. And, I would need an unique MBA program which takes diverse candidates by assessing not only academics but also work experiences. And, myself being an engineer by base, I didn't want to leave my fundamentals and wish to sit with a cohort who are similar to me along with an add-on diversity such as CAs, Doctors, etc. And, One Year MBA program in IIM Bangalore makes a good fit. And, I don't think there is no other challenging time than current pandemic conditions which put us into a continuous learning and development stage and I wish to maximize my learning now for the coming future.

Short-Term Goal : Senior Manager in e-commerce / Management Consultant for core operations of engineering conglomerates / Lean and Technology Innovation strategist

Long-Term Goal : to be a part of the leading team of an Indian Conglomerate

Will post ASAP

Did you use the help of an MBA Consultant? : Took help of Kayal, an IIMA alum, for SOP

Any comments, feelings, advice to share?: All the best. I am looking forward to have you party the achievement along with me soon. Will always be available for help.

Looking forward to connect professionally: https://www.linkedin.com/in/nithinkumarperatla

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [2]
Given Kudos: 32
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Send PM
Kudos
Name/username: Babumoshaaai. ;)
Country/Location: Germany. Indian Passport holder.
Under-Graduate School: KIIT University, Bhubaneswar
Under-Graduate GPA: 7.47/10.00
GMAT/GRE Test scores: 321/340 GRE
Which round did you apply in?: Round 1
Total Work Experience: 6Y 8M as of March 2021.
Pre-MBA Industry: Consulting + Financial Services
Target industry post-MBA: Product Management
Brief about Work Experience: Ex Big4 Consultant. Currently in the Financial Services in the EU.
What is your relation to the Recommenders?: Immediate Supervisor/Manager.
Volunteering/Extra-curriculars: Quizzing, Debate, Coal India Merit Scholarship, TEDx Curator.
International Experience: 1Y 1M until March 2021.
Scholarship Given?: No.
The motivation for MBA and why Now brief?: Wanted to move out of tech work and do hands-on product management.
Short-Term Goal: Product Management
Long-Term Goal: VP Sales and Retail.
Link to your interview debrief: https://bit.ly/3ne41jK
Did you use the help of an MBA Consultant? : No.
Any comments, feelings, advice to share?: Be yourself and honest. Focus on authenticity.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [3]
Given Kudos: 26
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
Name/username: Dhruv Arora
Country/Location: Gurgaon, Haryana
Under-Graduate School: IGNOU
Under-Graduate GPA: 8/10
GMAT/GRE Test scores: 700
Which round did you apply to?: R2
Total Work Experience : 6.5 yrs
Pre-MBA Industry: Shipping (Merchantnavy)
Target industry post-MBA: Consulting, E-commerce
Brief about Work Experience: Seasoned Maritime Professional with steady career progression (1 fast tracked promotion). I have recently managed a 40-day M&R project (Dry dock).
What is your relation to the Recommenders?(Manager. client etc): Direct supervisors
Volunteering/Extra-curriculars: Logistic help to a school for differently-abled children, managed an event serving food to 150+ poor & elderly. Dedicated fitness enthusiast and passionate for trekking & hiking.
International Experience : 6.5 yrs
Scholarship Given? : No
Prospective stagnation in growth after becoming Captain, transition to Corporate role.
Short-Term Goal : Operations Consulting/Operations Manager
Long-Term Goal : Head an operations consulting practice with expertise in the Supply chain industry
Link to your interview debrief: https://gmatclub.com/forum/decision-tra ... brief-1550
2 panelists, both very polite.
P1 Started of with why MBA - halfway through my answer he interrupted and countered with 'can you validate the skills you claim to have'. While I was validating P1 countered a couple of times, trying to pressurize a bit.
Next P2 asked about an incident of conflict that I have faced within my team. Few counter arguments here regarding explaining my role in the situation.
Thereafter asked about my target industry, why supply chain. Finally my target role and target company.
Altogether, a conversational interview, less stressful than IIMA. I felt it was a relatively short interview-15 mins.
Did you use the help of an MBA Consultant? : No, only for interview prep - S4G (Manan & Abhishek form a good team, I would recommend them)
Any comments, feelings, advice to share?: Either truly believe in what you're writing in the essay and saying during the interview or prepare a good story around it. People on the other side are really good at deciphering legitimate thoughts from made up words.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [4]
Given Kudos: 34
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GPA: 2.92
Send PM
Kudos