Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 15:16 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 15:16

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 76 [3]
Given Kudos: 406
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3.36
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 92 [0]
Given Kudos: 646
GMAT 1: 490 Q42 V17
GMAT 2: 550 Q39 V27
GMAT 3: 630 Q49 V27
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 99 [2]
Given Kudos: 57
Concentration: General Management, Finance
WE:General Management (Transportation)
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [2]
Given Kudos: 76
GMAT 1: 610 Q45 V29
GMAT 2: 680 Q47 V35
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
A Tribute to Daagh [#permalink]
Kudos
Mr. Narendran Thulsiram ( daagh ), one of the finest English experts in the forum. I belong to the same city as him, in fact a very close neighborhood. His methods for arriving answers used to remind me of my school teachers, a way that emphasizes on getting correct answers quickly. Its very uncommon for someone of his age to be very active in forums like this and his level of commitment here shows his passion for teaching. I mailed him recently for some help in grammar, never got a reply.

The first thing that caught me when I saw his profile few years back was the status "Enjoying", that shows how satisfied he was with his life. Hope he had a peaceful ending without much pain and trouble.

So many enlightening posts and crisp explanations. Though you're not here physically, you will live through this forum, through our bookmarks, and in the GMAT scores of the aspirants who learned from your posts.

Rest In Peace, Sir!

PS: In my state, 'Sir' is the traditional way of calling male teachers.

Originally posted by petrichor on 26 Nov 2020, 06:09.
Last edited by petrichor on 26 Nov 2020, 06:15, edited 1 time in total.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 447 [0]
Given Kudos: 277
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: A Tribute to Daagh [#permalink]
petrichor wrote:
Mr. Narendran Thulsiram ( daagh ), one of the finest English experts in the forum. I belong to the same city as him, in fact a very close neighborhood. His methods for arriving answers used to remind me of my school teachers, a way that emphasizes on getting correct answers quickly. Its very uncommon for someone of his age to be very active in forums like this and his level of commitment here shows his passion for teaching. I mailed him recently for some help in grammar, never got a reply.

The first thing that caught me when in saw his profile few years back was the status "Enjoying", that shows how satisfied he is with his life. Hope he had a peaceful ending without much pain and trouble.

So many enlightening posts and crisp explanations. Though you're not here physically, you will live through this forum, through our bookmarks, and in the GMAT scores of the aspirants who learned from your posts.

Rest In Peace, Sir!

PS: In my state, 'Sir' is the traditional way of calling male teachers.

Very Well Said!!!! We will remember him.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 493
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Rest in peace, the legend daagh

Thank you for all your help
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 888 [2]
Given Kudos: 354
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V27
GMAT 2: 660 Q49 V31
GMAT 3: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 4
WE:Engineering (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
Kudos
bb wrote:
Dear GMAT Club Members,

It is with a heavy heart and deep regret that I have to share the news that one of the most humble and helpful members of GMAT Club, daagh, has left this world; passed away in October 2020. It is a sad day on GMAT Club. I have only received one brief message from his daughter (via PM of his account) who has informed me about his passing in October 2020. I have tried to reach her with further questions but without success. My last communication with Daagh was in August when, as usual, I was asking him about some help with AWA forum and he mentioned that he was getting treatment and would not be available for about a month and asked to ping him after that.... never did I think that would be the last time I would speak with Narendran. Death is a cruel thing. Rest in peace Daagh. We all miss you and the memory of you will always live on GMAT Club.

Daagh joined GMAT Club in 2007 and left a legacy of over 5,000 posts and 25,000 kudos. He was often a part of the very exclusive Top 10 members of the Month group. Daagh served as a GMAT Club moderator for several years and helped numerous test-takers. He has spent some of his time doing one of the hardest and most thankless jobs - moderating the AWA forum and answering essay questions. I still remember speaking to him for the first time after he became a moderator. I asked him about his application plans. He chuckled at me and said - "I am Old BB, I am not applying to business school". He was laughing at my naivite. He was in his 60's. If you have a story or a memorable experience with Daagh, please consider sharing it in this tribute topic.

P.S. If anyone has any other ideas on how to honor Daagh, feel free to suggest them here or PM me.
Thank you.
BB.

Attachment:
daagh-photo.png

bb :- How about a YouTube session by may be Souvik on Sentence Correction, picking few of the best explanations by Daagh sir?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 193
Send PM
Kudos
Deeply saddened by the news. I would always look for his explanations. R.I.P Sir!!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 1711
GMAT 1: 710 Q45 V41
GPA: 3
Send PM
Such an awful news. I always looked for Daagh's explanation for all Sentence Correction questions. He explained with such simplicity and calmness. You just knew that he would be right. Rest in peace !
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
This is so very sad. My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends.
We will miss you Sir.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 157
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V39
GMAT 3: 740 Q50 V40
GMAT 4: 750 Q49 V42
Send PM
Such an awful news! RIP Daagh sir. You will always be in our prayers and memories.
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 63668 [13]
Given Kudos: 1774
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V46
GMAT 2: 800 Q51 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V170

GRE 2: Q170 V170
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Oh wow, that's absolutely heartbreaking. I never met him in person, but thought of daagh as one of my internet brothers. He was always kind, thoughtful, and smart, and was the sort of guy who would publicly extend invitations to his home to a random stranger on the other side of the world. Early in my time here at GMAT Club, I think I made a comment about how much I love Indian food, and daagh literally invited me to his home in India. I'm sure that it wasn't the first time that he'd done that for a GMAT Club member.

I miss him already. If there's anything we can do for his family or his memory, let us know, bb. Was there a charitable cause that he was involved in? If so, maybe we could raise a fund in his honor?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 201
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GMAT 1: 590 Q42 V29
GMAT 2: 650 Q47 V33
GPA: 3.7
WE:Engineering (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
That's very sad. He has truly done so much for this community. Rest in Peace.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 59
Send PM
When I used to discuss GMAT in my head or with another GMAT-taker, I used to often quote daagh.

In India, there is a famous jingle, "daagh ache hai" which means daagh is good.

While going through several explanations, this jungle would replay in my head and I would search for his name frantically.

He will always be remembered for his crisp explainations.

Rest in peace, Sir.

Posted from my mobile device
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 279 [0]
Given Kudos: 130
Concentration: Leadership, Technology
GMAT 1: 600 Q50 V22
GMAT 2: 670 Q50 V28 (Online)
GPA: 4
Send PM
It's so sad to here this. I didn't get a chance to interact with hime directly, but his guidance with all his posts made me apply real concepts in sentence correction.

We lost a great tutor today 😢😢.
Rest in Piece daagh Sir!

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 133
Send PM
Rest in peace daagh . Thankyou for always helping us with your great explanations.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
Send PM
Omg !!! This is heartbreaking ☹️
RIP Dagh Sir .....

Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1038 [1]
Given Kudos: 1091
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
Send PM
Kudos
Daagh helped me immensely with my GMAT SC preparations. His posts were always crisp and did not carry any of the fluff. I know most us would always be waiting for his explanations on any of the new posts.

My GMAT SC score would not have been possible without his guidance.

Thank you daagh, may you rest in peace. Love, strength and best wishes to the family.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 220 [0]
Given Kudos: 630
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V31
Send PM
daagh, a legend

I remember his purely grammatical + logical solutions to SC questions!

RIP
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
GMAT 1: 630 Q48 V28
GMAT 2: 640 Q48 V28
GMAT 3: 680 Q50 V32
GMAT 4: 700 Q48 V38
Send PM
May his soul rest in peace. He has touched a lot of lives. I hope his legacy lives on on GMATCLUB.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8