Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 16:29 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 16:29

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11666 [10]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 67
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 11666 [1]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Official Guide 2021 Comparison Table PDF is HERE [#permalink]
EMPOWERgmatRichC wrote:
Hi GMATSlayer1914,

The subject-specific OG books (the Quant-only and Verbal-only books) are not nearly as popular as the main OG is each year, so we have not done any comparison tables for those other books. As it stands, the main OG has so many practice questions in it that I typically only recommend that a Client use the subject-specific books under really specific circumstances. If you're "stuck" at a particular Score level, then grinding through a few hundred more OG questions is probably NOT going to fix whatever issues are keeping you from scoring higher.

Before I can offer you any advice for your studies, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

Studies:
1) How long have you studied? How many hours do you typically study each week?
2) What study materials have you used so far?
3) On what dates did you take EACH of your CATs/mocks and how did you score on EACH (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for EACH)?

Goals:
4) What is your overall goal score?
5) When are you planning to apply to Business School and what Schools are you planning to apply to?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

For my studies, I have been making more and more progress. I am over 200 hrs of GMAT studies and coming from a low baseline due to Dyslexia. Since I am not working at the moment, I have been doing full time studying since March. Overall, I been more comfortable with the material via MGMAT guides when used in conjunction with real GMAT questions from the OG as you mentioned. For SC, I have been supplementing this with Erica Metzler's book which has been very helpful.

I am planning to hit at least a 680 on a MGMAT CAT without extended time before moving to the GMATPrep exams (I got all 6). My end goal is 700+. I am looking to get into:

Target: HBS, Stanford, Wharton
Stretch: Columbia
Safe:Tuck, Yale

I have a 2.8 GPA from a large state school in GA while competing for a Master's in CS at DePaul University (Currently at a 3.1 GPA). Started out my career in the Military as an Enlisted personnel, but then became an Infantry Officer in a Long-Range Recon and Surveillance Ranger Unit (LRS for short - Army phased these out and now BFSB, Battlefield Surveillance Brigades, are in now). Worked in Sales / Technology roles after leaving the military, before I made the switch to Tech Consulting (Accenture as a Application Developer Analyst for close to 3 years). On the side, I am now planning the barebones of a Startup in an emerging tech trend and I plan on becoming an e-Estonian to make this happen without taking VC or Seed Capital.

My background is a bit weird:
-URM (Native American and African American)
-Close to ~6 years of work experience in the Management Consulting, Military, Technology, and Sales.

At the moment, I am interviewing for a Senior level consultant role at Deloitte + RSM (5th largest Accounting firm underneath PwC/EY/KPMG/Deloitte). Also, I have interviews at DoorDash as an Implementation Lead (managing the Market Operations and Strategy roll out with partners/engineering + operations teams internal), Salesforce in a Senior Consultant role, and Veeva Systems in a Senior Consultant role working with BioTech and Life Science orgs.

I may apply next year Round 1 for HBS, Wharton, and Columbia. For Round 2 next year, Stanford, Tuck (Through CGSM), Yale (Through CGSM). Hopefully, I could get a fee waiver to help offset the costs for the other schools due to military veteran status.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 11666 [1]
Send PM
Re: Official Guide 2021 Comparison Table PDF is HERE [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi GMATSlayer1914,

I've sent you a PM with some additional notes and questions.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi,

Were you able to get a copy of the OG of 2020 ? If so, then could you please share?

Regards
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72887 [0]
Given Kudos: 18868
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
aashishmitl wrote:
Hi,

Were you able to get a copy of the OG of 2020 ? If so, then could you please share?

Regards

No I was not able to do so. What I did do was:

1) Research the questions by section category from the 2020 directory that BB posted.
2) Then I copied the snippet of text and searched for it in the version I have digitally.

This process was tedious, but you'll enjoy it eventually.
GMAT Club Bot