Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 16:14 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 16:14

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72871 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 95 [1]
Given Kudos: 58
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V31
GPA: 3.1
WE:General Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 75 [1]
Given Kudos: 163
Schools: IIMA PGPX'23
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39 (Online)
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.65
Send PM
Re: GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic] [#permalink]
sebo08 wrote:
fireagablast wrote:
Just took the GMAT online. As others have stated, the difficulty of Quant feels significantly harder as compared to that of the mocks.
Has anyone who has taken the online version recently felt the same?

I think part of it was nerves and a rough question one (which sounds ridiculous, but emblematic of my experience), but I can't imagine that i scored well on quant when it has been my strong suit (48-50 on mocks). Verbal, on the other hand, felt good.

I'll also add that the overall experience (system test, proctor, etc) was totally smooth. No issues at all, which came as a surprise given other peoples written experience. I was never interrupted by the proctor and even comfortably "mouthed" words. I was even touching my face, forehead, etc and no issues came of that either.

I felt that too! Quant was super difficult, to the point that it made you skip a couple of questions. But verbal was ok, I did not fall short on time at all.

The test experience though, completely disagree, it was a total mess for me. the test failed in the middle of the break before IR, so now I do not know if they count my test as completed/ canceled/ reschedulable.

btw what does the status of your exam show in your mba.com profile? is it "pending"?

The same for me. I faced unusual hard Quant and was forced to guess a few questions. Moreover, I spent too much time trying to solve them. Although I don't get my score yet, I feel I failed the test.
BTW, verbal section was easy for me too, whereas usually it's vice-versa.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 138 [0]
Given Kudos: 103
Concentration: Finance, International Business
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V33
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V35 (Online)
GPA: 4
WE:Analyst (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
kosinys wrote:
sebo08 wrote:
fireagablast wrote:
Just took the GMAT online. As others have stated, the difficulty of Quant feels significantly harder as compared to that of the mocks.
Has anyone who has taken the online version recently felt the same?

I think part of it was nerves and a rough question one (which sounds ridiculous, but emblematic of my experience), but I can't imagine that i scored well on quant when it has been my strong suit (48-50 on mocks). Verbal, on the other hand, felt good.

I'll also add that the overall experience (system test, proctor, etc) was totally smooth. No issues at all, which came as a surprise given other peoples written experience. I was never interrupted by the proctor and even comfortably "mouthed" words. I was even touching my face, forehead, etc and no issues came of that either.

I felt that too! Quant was super difficult, to the point that it made you skip a couple of questions. But verbal was ok, I did not fall short on time at all.

The test experience though, completely disagree, it was a total mess for me. the test failed in the middle of the break before IR, so now I do not know if they count my test as completed/ canceled/ reschedulable.

btw what does the status of your exam show in your mba.com profile? is it "pending"?

The same for me. I faced unusual hard Quant and was forced to guess a few questions. Moreover, I spent too much time trying to solve them. Although I don't get my score yet, I feel I failed the test.
BTW, verbal section was easy for me too, whereas usually it's vice-versa.

Same here.I am really depressed after the quant section.This was the section I hoped I would do well. I have consistently scored Q50-51 in the official mocks, gmatclub mocks,veritas mocks,experts global & e-gmat.The gmat quant felt like a nightmare.The questions were similar to the very hard level of official guides right from the third question.Last year I also had appeared for the exam at a center but Quant was not this difficult. Although I got a Q48 at that time,which was the same I was getting in the official mocks at that time.Also I used to get a score of Q44-45 on gmatclub tests then

Originally posted by shuvodip04 on 04 Dec 2020, 04:32.
Last edited by shuvodip04 on 04 Dec 2020, 05:07, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 138 [0]
Given Kudos: 103
Concentration: Finance, International Business
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V33
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V35 (Online)
WE:Analyst (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
vinitgianchandani wrote:
Hi, I couldn't find the answer to this question in the thread.

Can I give GMAT Online within one week of giving the Test Center GMAT?

Thanks in advance!

Posted from my mobile device

vinitgianchandani

I tried to do the same.I had my online exam on 3rd Dec.But I am feeling that it didn't go well. So wanted to book a date at the the test centre which was available on 5th Dec.Before scheduling I called up the customer care to verify.They told me that there needs to be a 16 days gap even between the online and the test centre attempts.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Send PM
People who've taken the GMAT online(at home), how much of a variation did you see in your Official mock scores and test day score? Also, are the Verbal and Quant levels consistent with the mocks?

A lot of people above have been saying that Quant was significantly tougher which makes me a little scared because I've been relying on predicting my scores on the basis of my official mock scores till now.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 75 [0]
Given Kudos: 163
Schools: IIMA PGPX'23
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39 (Online)
Send PM
ashu2503 wrote:
People who've taken the GMAT online(at home), how much of a variation did you see in your Official mock scores and test day score? Also, are the Verbal and Quant levels consistent with the mocks?

A lot of people above have been saying that Quant was significantly tougher which makes me a little scared because I've been relying on predicting my scores on the basis of my official mock scores till now.

You have literally taken the words out of my mouth! I am sh!t scared now dude! :|
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
Is there anyone out here who has faced difficulty or got disturbed by the proctor during an online GMAT exam?

I was disturbed by my proctor thrice during verbal section stating reasons such as I am not visible on the webcam (on the contrary, I could clearly see myself) and I am mumbling.(I wasn't mumbling, I literally just had my lips moving with no sound at all) The proctor disturbed me and threatened me to cancel my exam. This further led to spoiling my verbal section real bad as I panicked and lost my time too as the chatbox kept opening on screen.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 252 [2]
Given Kudos: 1696
Concentration: Finance, General Management
Schools: Simon '24 (A)
GMAT 1: 610 Q46 V28
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V40 (Online)
GPA: 3.37
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
ashu2503 wrote:

Hi there!
Not true! Gmat is standartazied test. With this said, the level of difficulty in onling exam is comparable to that of in-center. I too took gmat online and despite scoring below my "normal" quant score (mba.com+gmat club) that is 50-51, I scored only 48, I would not say that the real exam was something extraordinary hard. It was not. Rather I am the one to blame for lower score because I did panic as the system glitched and while it was fixed I lost about 2-4mins. It is not much, but I got nervous and it took me several problems to catch up my breath. On the contrary, I say that quant was babyish difficulty. I saw such a low difficulty level qs that I was terrified of my performance. The qs were so easy , they almost were asking me 2+2. Seeing this easy level, I freaked out. I clearly remember how I spend like 5 mins on one extremely easy q to find a catch (well, I didnt). On the other q, I clearly remember how i arrived at , say, E but marked, say, B. Why? Because I was distracted by trying to judge level of qs, while instead I should have been focused on the screen alone. So, all in all, judging the difficulty level is waste of time if anything. Potentially, it can even hurt your performance. Just stop focusing on this because you can never truly find the level of question you are being tested (unless you are Ian Steward of course).
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
mira93 wrote:
ashu2503 wrote:

Hi there!
Not true! Gmat is standartazied test. With this said, the level of difficulty in onling exam is comparable to that of in-center. I too took gmat online and despite scoring below my "normal" quant score (mba.com+gmat club) that is 50-51, I scored only 48, I would not say that the real exam was something extraordinary hard. It was not. Rather I am the one to blame for lower score because I did panic as the system glitched and while it was fixed I lost about 2-4mins. It is not much, but I got nervous and it took me several problems to catch up my breath. On the contrary, I say that quant was babyish difficulty. I saw such a low difficulty level qs that I was terrified of my performance. The qs were so easy , they almost were asking me 2+2. Seeing this easy level, I freaked out. I clearly remember how I spend like 5 mins on one extremely easy q to find a catch (well, I didnt). On the other q, I clearly remember how i arrived at , say, E but marked, say, B. Why? Because I was distracted by trying to judge level of qs, while instead I should have been focused on the screen alone. So, all in all, judging the difficulty level is waste of time if anything. Potentially, it can even hurt your performance. Just stop focusing on this because you can never truly find the level of question you are being tested (unless you are Ian Steward of course).

Couldn't agree more with you. All the rumour on harder quant section and other bad gmat online experience is surely messing with most of people head. I too panicked mid test because 1) it take almost 10 minutes for my first 3 questions because of the extra cautions and 2) the questions went extra easy at problem no. 15-ish. My take is to forget all of that stuff and focus on what's on the screen. Granted that time management is still important but still dont lose focus over that.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Guys - just a quick question if anyone has attempted GMAT online the second time. Can we use the physical white board second time around?

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Yes you can.
CATslayer wrote:
Guys - just a quick question if anyone has attempted GMAT online the second time. Can we use the physical white board second time around?

Intern
Intern
Send PM
mira93 wrote:
ashu2503 wrote:

Hi there!

Thanks that really helps! How much of a variation did you see between your official mock scores and test day score? And could you please give some insight on the Verbal section as well? TIA :)
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 252 [0]
Given Kudos: 1696
Concentration: Finance, General Management
Schools: Simon '24 (A)
GMAT 1: 610 Q46 V28
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V40 (Online)
GPA: 3.37
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
ashu2503 wrote:
mira93 wrote:
ashu2503 wrote:

Hi there!

Thanks that really helps! How much of a variation did you see between your official mock scores and test day score? And could you please give some insight on the Verbal section as well? TIA :)

What kind of insight do you mean?
I didnt finish my attempt because the system failed during the exam and proctor had to void it (though I still got a score.. wonder why). My usual mock scores were 710+, but I got only 620 in online exam.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
Concentration: Leadership, Organizational Behavior
GMAT 1: 660 Q43 V38 (Online)
GMAT 2: 710 Q45 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.93
WE:General Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Wow, just took my first GMAT online. It seriously kicked my butt, and my proctor was incredibly strict. I guess I was silently mouthing something in the math section, and he sent a chat message that interrupted the test for me saying I shouldn't mumble or talk out loud. Then, in verbal, as I was being careful not to mouth as I was reading, he messaged again, messaging that I shouldn't mumble (I wasn't), and then during IR, I had 3 problems to go and took a big breath, at which point he messaged again saying it was my final warning. Once more, and my score would be canceled.

The chat messages really threw off my concentration and momentum, and especially because I vocalized NOTHING, and only the first time was I actually perhaps mouthing anything.

The threat to cancel my score when I had 3 problems left in IR made me furious.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72871 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Oh man. That’s rough. Sorry to hear about the proctor experience. Thankfully IR does not matter so you could have just flipped him off 😂

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
I was disturbed by my proctor thrice during verbal section stating reasons such as I am not visible on the webcam (on the contrary, I could clearly see myself) and I am mumbling.(I wasn't mumbling, I literally just had my lips moving with no sound at all) The proctor disturbed me and threatened me to cancel my exam. This further led to spoiling my verbal section real bad as I panicked and lost my time too as the chatbox kept opening on screen.
tydsheets wrote:
Wow, just took my first GMAT online. It seriously kicked my butt, and my proctor was incredibly strict. I guess I was silently mouthing something in the math section, and he sent a chat message that interrupted the test for me saying I shouldn't mumble or talk out loud. Then, in verbal, as I was being careful not to mouth as I was reading, he messaged again, messaging that I shouldn't mumble (I wasn't), and then during IR, I had 3 problems to go and took a big breath, at which point he messaged again saying it was my final warning. Once more, and my score would be canceled.

The chat messages really threw off my concentration and momentum, and especially because I vocalized NOTHING, and only the first time was I actually perhaps mouthing anything.

The threat to cancel my score when I had 3 problems left in IR made me furious.
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
Own Kudos [?]: 2769 [0]
Given Kudos: 1510
WE:Analyst (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Does that mean I should reschedule the exam at center?

Intern
Intern
Send PM
yashikaaggarwal wrote:
Does that mean I should reschedule the exam at center?

After hearing the reviews of so many people, I have scheduled my exam offline. Don't want to take any risks.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  144   145   146   147   148  ...  183