Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 09:03 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 09:03

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10011 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72867 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Re: Experiences with Executive Assessment - Post Your EA Experience Here [#permalink]
Kudos
Hi,

I have read a lot about the EA here before taking it last week and just wanted to give a debrief on my experience.
29 year old non-native in English. I have bought the full study package when sighing up for the EA online exam. I studied exactly for 2 weeks and have done all the 350 questions provided and the 4 exams.
I did one prep exam every 4 days. To be fair, I have been studying for the GMAT over the summer for 2 months and ended up with a 640. Was thinking about doing it again but choose the EA. The previous GMAT prep was helpful to answer the questions quickly and I knew all the question types by heart when starting the EA prep.

1. 159 (IR:15; VR:11; QR:13)
2. 164 (IR:18; VR:12; QR:14)
3. 160 (IR:18; VR:10; QR:12)
4. 160 (IR:12; VR:12; QR:16)
Real Exam. 159 (IR:15; VR:11; QR:13)

The score is okay, but I felt like I could have done 160+ and thus I am somewhat bummed. The IR part seemed a little tougher than in the prep and the other two were the same difficulty. On QR I did a silly mistake and knew right after.

Generally the online EA is okay, but I felt very tense during it. When reading I am usually mumbling a little and I got warned by the proctor that if I do it again, the exam will be revoked. I of course stopped, but it put me in a weird mood. Also my neighbour literally started vacuuming above for 20 mins, which was also distracting. If you do the online version, really make sure that it is quite, since you are not allowed to wear earplugs.

I hope this helps!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [2]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Experiences with Executive Assessment - Post Your EA Experience Here [#permalink]
Kudos
Thank you klic2rohit

I found the difficulty of the questions quite similar to the one of the prep materials. The scarce data available seem to suggest that people tend to score what they score in the practice assessments + / - 3 points. If you are able to score 155+ in the practice tests, then definitely go for it!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 137 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
Concentration: Finance
Schools: CBS (M)
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V33
Send PM
Apologies if I have posted on the wrong thread but just wanted to check if it makes sense for an Indian candidate to give the EA for a full-time MBA program? Is it seen as a negative to send in an EA score after a GMAT score has been sent?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
Hi All,

I recently took my EA. My goal is to get into Darden EMBA, McDonough Flex MBA, Stern, and Columbia Part Time. What are my chances of getting into these schools?

Mock 1: 154
Mock 2: 153
Mock 3: 159
Mock 4: 150

Actual Score 1: 154 (IR: 10 VR:9 QR:15)
Actual Score 2: 155 (IR:11 VR: 9 QR:15)
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
GPA: 2.9
Send PM
drithi999 wrote:
Apologies if I have posted on the wrong thread but just wanted to check if it makes sense for an Indian candidate to give the EA for a full-time MBA program? Is it seen as a negative to send in an EA score after a GMAT score has been sent?

Not likely unless you've been out of school for 8-10+ years. Some schools are making exceptions but not many.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Send PM
HelloItsGrant wrote:
Hi All,

I recently took my EA. My goal is to get into Darden EMBA, McDonough Flex MBA, Stern, and Columbia Part Time. What are my chances of getting into these schools?

Pretty solid without knowing the rest of your application. Darden's EMBA average is 153 according to a blog post I came across.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
HelloItsGrant
Did you find any difference in difficulty level when you attempted the test a second time?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
klic2rohit, IR and VR were similar in difficulty. I did notice quant was harder than the first time.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Angrynrdrckr wrote:
I started by taking a practice test as a diagnostic before doing any studying, and I was unhappy with my quant score (9). I bought a Manhattan GMAT quant-focused book and took a week to work through that. Then I continued with practice questions and exams for another couple of weeks before scheduling the test for this week. All in all, probably 20-30 hours of studying

Hi there, any chance you can share the Manhattan book you used? I've gone through their website and it's a bit of a mess!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
HelloItsGrant wrote:
Hi All,

Does Darden EMBA even require a test? You might be able to get a waiver (your scores seem fine).
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
fatnani wrote:
hamish wrote:
fatnani wrote:
So any admission statistics
Heard in the webinar today that Columbia is fine with 150-152 and so is booth
What about full time ? I’m assuming the same would work right ?

Posted from my mobile device

which webinar was this?
i assume full time has higher score requirements.

Yes I reached out to schools and they said 160 is a score they want to see at the minimum and expect a masters from a student taking EA to highlight quant ability.

What schools did you reach out that said they wanted a 160? Is this for FT or EMBA?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [2]
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V32
Send PM
Kudos
I took the EA exam yesterday and got a 165 (Q15, IR18, V12). I know my Q/V is not that great was wondering if anyone had a sense of whether this is an acceptable split-up for the EMBA/part-time MBA programs. I'm planning to apply to Haas/UCLA and Foster was wondering if anyone has insights specifically on these schools.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72867 [1]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
mbmbmba wrote:
I took the EA exam yesterday and got a 165 (Q15, IR18, V12). I know my Q/V is not that great was wondering if anyone had a sense of whether this is an acceptable split-up for the EMBA/part-time MBA programs. I'm planning to apply to Haas/UCLA and Foster was wondering if anyone has insights specifically on these schools.

That is a fantastic score. That is around 98th percentile. I don’t think your scores split matters all that much at that level. Once you get over 90th percentile in scores, the composition is not as important. There’s also value in diversity and having people who are great in Quant and people who great in verbal and people who are great in IR.

Congrats! You can apply anywhere with that score.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mbmbmba wrote:

mbmbmba
Congrats on the great score.

1. You attempted an online test or in a test center?
2. Are the questions inline with Official GMAC EA practice question sets?
3. Any tips/suggestions you can provide.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V32
Send PM
Kudos
klic2rohit

1. It was in a test center
2. They are mostly inline with the practice questions, I did think that IR was harder than those in the practice sets.
3. I was preparing a lot from the GMAT books and courses and it felt significantly easier than GMAT. I would recommend using GMAT books as a way to practice.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Kudos
I am planning to take EA in 1st week of March. I have done some studies for a couple of weeks. Today I took my first test prep exam. I have scored 150 (Q11, V9, IR10). I hope to score 155-160.

The question to people who have passed or mastered the exam, how do you get IR done on time.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
rightman07 wrote:
I am planning to take EA in 1st week of March. I have done some studies for a couple of weeks. Today I took my first test prep exam. I have scored 150 (Q11, V9, IR10). I hope to score 155-160.

The question to people who have passed or mastered the exam, how do you get IR done on time.

You'll have to bail on a question or two. As you're doing practice problems, make mental notes on the questions you consistently get right or struggle with. Those that you struggle with and will take excessive time, skip. It's better to spend a little more time on questions you're likely to get right than ones that will take 5 minutes to get right.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  6   7   8   9   10   11   12  ...  17