Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 03:32 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 03:32

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel

Fuqua vs Kellogg Miami for a job in consulting post EMBA

You may select 1 option
Tags:
Find Similar Topics  Add a Tag
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72876 [1]
Given Kudos: 18863
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72876 [0]
Send PM
Kellogg Miami campus vs Fuqua: EMBA [#permalink]
Expert Reply
I love Kellogg. Of course it probably sounds like the words of a hypocrite after recommending and siding with Fuqua but I am not sure about your last comment. Sure, Kellogg name is very strong. It’s not Harvard but it is strong.

At the same time, I would hope you would not have to go to the open market with either program that would be almost a lead down and head scratcher if you had to go to the open market and compete with a bunch of people with an only potential advantage of having a piece of paper with kellogg Miami. I’m hoping it doesn’t come to that... if it does, the Miami location may backfire as someone will be confused why you got a degree from a Chicago university located in Miami. You don’t want people to dismiss your application based on that...

PS. There was an uproar among the FT Anderson folks when the program removed Part-Time designation on the diploma. So it it seems small things matter at least In peoples minds.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Kellogg Miami campus vs Fuqua: EMBA [#permalink]
bb. "..if it does, the Miami location may backfire...": Very valid point. You just saved me $70k and validated what my wife has been saying for last 2 days :)

Thanks!
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72876 [0]
Send PM
Kellogg Miami campus vs Fuqua: EMBA [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Oh! Never go against your wife!
Rule #1. Lol.

Seriously though, you definitely want to take into account your spouses feedback. she will be supporting you during this time (by taking on more work at home or taking care of the kids or sacrificing social life ) and you will have very little time. Things will be stressful and you’ll be fighting a war at work and the war at school and you don’t need a war at home. If your wife feels that you’ve made decisions without her or did not give her input enough consideration, that will be permeating through the entire experience....

I’ve had a good friend who went to Chicago booth. His wife did not want to go to Chicago and while he was happy about his choice, she was very vocal about him dragging her there and how she would’ve chosen differently had been her choice I had her husband listen to her. He muscled it but it would always come out somehow. 😬 I felt bad for him and that was the burden he was carrying in addition to the debt and all the other workload.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
bb. Fully agree. Couldn't even think about anything like this without spouse's full support.

Masters of Science Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 149 [1]
Given Kudos: 113
Send PM
Kudos
I love Kellogg but I love Fuqua more (I may be biased). The Fuqua community is absolutely PHENOMENAL and in a program that is not full-time, that support is even more important. I am in the online MS in Quantitative Management program at Fuqua and when I got laid off due to COVID (how many have had to say that....sad), I had people from the Daytime MBA, WE-MBA and GE-MBA reach out to me to offer their support and helped get me interviews with companies such as Amazon, Microsoft and a few banks. They recognized that regardless of the mode of delivery, I was family and family helps family. Also, close to the end of the Fall semester, I contracted COVID and my professors were more than understanding and accommodating. Team Fuqua is real and so much more than a slogan. Regardless of your program, you are a member of Fuqua and you are seen for your IQ and EQ but more importantly, your DQ.

GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
1131 posts