Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 14:34 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 14:34

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72887 [1]
Given Kudos: 18867
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4653 [1]
Given Kudos: 631
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Send PM
Re: GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic] [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
GMATfromFrance wrote:
Hello everyone,

I tried to send my GMAT online score to the school I want to apply for but I haven't received it yet. Does anyone know how long it could take for this? Besides, has anyone received and mail or something like that to know that the score have correctly been sent to the school?

Thank you very much :)

Hi GMATfromFrance,

You could go through this thread.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4653 [1]
Given Kudos: 631
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
serenayong wrote:
Ajitesh - thanks.

well i just got my score...even though i was well prepared to get a 600+, it still shocked me a little that i got a 650 (Q49 V31):-(((( I was hoping for a 660 or above. I know that the main reason for the abysmal score is that I am still weak in time management in Verbal & had to guess for the last 10 Qs.
Anyway, I noticed that some people scored higher even with lower sectional scores. Eg: https://gmatclub.com/forum/660-to-770-i ... 26690.html where the student got a 660 (not online) based on Q49 & V30. Im guessing because the percentiles are different based on different test taker pools & some other algorithm? Please enlighten me if anyone knows.

I also felt that I had more jitters with the recording visible on screen and the anticipation of any comments from proctor & I became more aware of my posture, facial expression etc. Im wondering if i should retest in the test center instead. But I would much rather skip the AWA & wearing of mask for 3+ hours lol.

Hi serenayong,

1. Q49 is a very good score.

2. Guessing on the last ten questions in the verbal section would almost certainly have brought your score down a lot. You may have been on track for something like a V37 or 38 (so your total would have been ~ 700-720).

3. If this was your first GMAT, I think you should take the exam again. I've seen over the years that most people underperform the first time around, and usually need 2-3 attempts to get a score that accurately reflects their ability.

4. This post explains why your total score was slightly lower, but this is not something you should think too much about.

5. You can choose to take AWA at the end of your test, and you could take a few practice tests with a mask on (it does help... a little :)). The more important thing is to take the exam again. Online or test center... I don't think that matters as much.

6. Don't let your guesses "bunch up".

All the best for the retake!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank you very much Ajitesh for your thread, I read it but it didn't really answer my question... Actually, I have received my score. My question is more about how long it would take for the GMAT to send my score to a school. I have chosen the school I want to apply for last wednesday but my score is still unavailable on my registration form. So I was wondering if it was a normal situation since I haven't receive any mail or proof from the GMAT that my scores have been correctly send to the school. Do you know something about that?

Thank you! :)
Tutor
Affiliations: Harvard University, A.B. with honors in Government, 2002
Own Kudos [?]: 2413 [1]
Given Kudos: 272
GMAT 1: 770 Q47 V48
GMAT 2: 730 Q44 V47
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V42
GMAT 4: 730 Q48 V42 (Online)
GRE 1: Q168 V169

GRE 2: Q170 V170
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
The real GMAT Online game-changer, of course, will occur if and when GMAC and Pearson Vue finally allow test-takers to receive their "unofficial" GMAT scores immediately after the exam, as do the test-center GMAT and even the At-Home GRE.

The agony of waiting days or even weeks to receive one's scores is by far the toughest part of the GMAT Online experience, imo—and is the main reason why the test-center GMAT still reigns supreme.

p.s. GMATfromFrance: GMAC's answer to your question is that "official scores will be made available to schools within 24 hours of the candidate’s request."

Source: https://www.gmac.com/gmat-other-assessm ... mat-online

Originally posted by mcelroytutoring on 24 Jan 2021, 09:11.
Last edited by mcelroytutoring on 24 Jan 2021, 09:36, edited 3 times in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 12
Schools: LBS '23 (S)
Send PM
Kudos
AjiteshArun wrote:
serenayong wrote:
Ajitesh - thanks.

well i just got my score...even though i was well prepared to get a 600+, it still shocked me a little that i got a 650 (Q49 V31):-(((( I was hoping for a 660 or above. I know that the main reason for the abysmal score is that I am still weak in time management in Verbal & had to guess for the last 10 Qs.
Anyway, I noticed that some people scored higher even with lower sectional scores. Eg: https://gmatclub.com/forum/660-to-770-i ... 26690.html where the student got a 660 (not online) based on Q49 & V30. Im guessing because the percentiles are different based on different test taker pools & some other algorithm? Please enlighten me if anyone knows.

I also felt that I had more jitters with the recording visible on screen and the anticipation of any comments from proctor & I became more aware of my posture, facial expression etc. Im wondering if i should retest in the test center instead. But I would much rather skip the AWA & wearing of mask for 3+ hours lol.

Hi serenayong,

1. Q49 is a very good score.

2. Guessing on the last ten questions in the verbal section would almost certainly have brought your score down a lot. You may have been on track for something like a V37 or 38 (so your total would have been ~ 700-720).

3. If this was your first GMAT, I think you should take the exam again. I've seen over the years that most people underperform the first time around, and usually need 2-3 attempts to get a score that accurately reflects their ability.

4. This post explains why your total score was slightly lower, but this is not something you should think too much about.

5. You can choose to take AWA at the end of your test, and you could take a few practice tests with a mask on (it does help... a little :)). The more important thing is to take the exam again. Online or test center... I don't think that matters as much.

6. Don't let your guesses "bunch up".

All the best for the retake!

Thanks AjiteshArun for the great info. Gonna retake it in the test center soon! Fingers crossed
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
I believe the official timeline is two days but in reality it’s probably nearly instant. At the same time as I’ve mentioned many times, it does not matter when your score reaches the school release as long as you have received it before the application deadline. It’s not about the verification record reaching the school, it’s about you getting a score before the deadline

GMATfromFrance wrote:
Thank you very much Ajitesh for your thread, I read it but it didn't really answer my question... Actually, I have received my score. My question is more about how long it would take for the GMAT to send my score to a school. I have chosen the school I want to apply for last wednesday but my score is still unavailable on my registration form. So I was wondering if it was a normal situation since I haven't receive any mail or proof from the GMAT that my scores have been correctly send to the school. Do you know something about that?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bb wrote:
I believe the official timeline is two days but in reality it’s probably nearly instant. At the same time as I’ve mentioned many times, it does not matter when your score reaches the school release as long as you have received it before the application deadline. It’s not about the verification record reaching the school, it’s about you getting a score before the deadline

GMATfromFrance wrote:

Posted from my mobile device

Ok, I didn't know that, thank you very much ! :)
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply

!
I hear that it will be announced tomorrow that GMAT Online is going to be a permanent product for GMAC.... which hopefully means they will hopefully get rid of the stupid one-retake policy and introduce some enhancements such as ESR, ability to select section order and perhaps even instant scoring. The only news I was given is that GMAT Online is becomign perment. The rest is my hope and unfortunately speculation :roll:

P.S. I do not see this yet reflected on mba.com
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 1304 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
Wonder if they will allow more than 2 attempts.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 707 [0]
Given Kudos: 67
Concentration: General Management
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
sebo08 wrote:
Since the exam day is a bit stressful and things might get complicated, I thought I should share the checklist I created prior to my exam

"1 HOUR LEFT TO THE GMAT ONLINE EXAM" CHECKLIST

it goes as follows:

• 1-Unplug the landline phones.
  • 2-Lock the door to prevent people from entering accidentally
  • 3-Turn off the doorbell if you are alone.
  • 4-CHECK YOUR INTERNET QUOTA – SOME INTERNET PROVIDERS APPLY USAGE QUOTA (EITHER WIFI OR HOTSPOT). YOU ARE CONSTANTLY UPLOADING YOUR VIDEO FOR 3HRS GIVE OR TAKE, SO BE CAREFUL NOT TO RUN OUT OF GIGABYTES.
  • 5-Check your prepaid phone balance! You might need to accept or make international calls which are a bit more costly than domestic ones.
  • 6-Fetch your ID, with your credentials written in English, exactly the same way as in your profile (with a signature on it I guess! As stated in the GMAC rules). If you are from a GMAC-restricted country due to local data privacy rules, I will share some valuable information later that might be helpful. READ HERE!
  • 7-GO TO THE BATHROOM!! You will thank me later for this.
  • 8-Close extra windows, doors, turn off washing machines, microwaves, anything with a beeping or humming noise around you to prevent distraction. Maybe even analog clocks with a ticking sound?? :roll:
  • 9-Set up the Air Conditioning to have a convenient temperature during the test, a little cool temperature somewhere around 20~23 Celsius is advised, to sharpen your math skills.
  • 10-Terminate your PC updates.
  • 11-Fetch your CLEAN whiteboard, 2 markers, and one eraser.
  • 12-I GUESS a bottle of water is permitted, because one of the proctors told me so right at the beginning of my exam. However, nowhere else did I see this information.
  • 13-Silent your mobile phone(s) and turn off vibration. You do not need to put your phone aside until the point where you are already done checking in and are asked to do so. When you want to put it aside, it is better that you still be visible on the webcam while moving farther. Until the proctor does not see you seated, he/she won't release your exam in the first place.

Hello everyone,

As I saw on mba.com we should have a phone in case the proctor would contact us but such phone should be out of reach and out of sight. Where should we put our phone then? Second, should we let our phone on loud or can we put it on silent mode? And if the phone is in silent mode, how do we know whether the proctor is trying to contact us or not?

Thank you for your time

Aura

P.s. About the glass of water.... are we allowed to drink it in between quant and verbal?
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 670 [0]
Given Kudos: 53
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
Send PM
Hopefully GMAC comes up with provision to allow more than 2 attempts for GMAT Online. Still there are many areas with regional stay at home order in California and do not see test center opening anytime soon.
Tutor
Affiliations: Harvard University, A.B. with honors in Government, 2002
Own Kudos [?]: 2413 [0]
Given Kudos: 272
GMAT 1: 770 Q47 V48
GMAT 2: 730 Q44 V47
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V42
GMAT 4: 730 Q48 V42 (Online)
GRE 1: Q168 V169

GRE 2: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
"The GMAT Online exam is here to stay."

Source: https://www.mba.com/exams/gmat-online/g ... mat-online

"The GMAT Online exam will always be available."

Source: https://www.mba.com/frequently-asked-qu ... #question1
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Technology, Healthcare
Schools: IIM
WE:Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
mcelroytutoring wrote:
"The GMAT Online exam is here to stay."

Source: https://www.mba.com/exams/gmat-online/g ... mat-online

"The GMAT Online exam will always be available."

Source: https://www.mba.com/frequently-asked-qu ... #question1

Now that it is a permanent option, I don't think there is any reason to have limited attempts.
bb what do you think?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 69 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 4
Send PM
Hi,

I had booked my GMAT online exam for 13 Feb but I would like to reschedule the exam to March 6. My questions are as below -:
1. I was getting the option to reschedule to March, even though I believe the GMAT Online exam is till February 2021 only. Is it possible to reschedule the exam to March given that GMAT Online till Feb 2021 only. Is there any update on the availability of the exam?
2. Is the GMAT online exam now available throughout 2021?

Appreciate any response.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Schools: ISB'22
Send PM
Hi All,

Can anyone please advice if we can reach out to GMAC or ISB on weekends (Saturday/Sunday). I have tried calling on all toll-free numbers and mailed them many times in last 2 weeks but I haven't received any response. Really appreciate if anyone can let me know of a way to reach out to them on weekends.

Thank you.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 75 [0]
Given Kudos: 163
Schools: IIMA PGPX'23
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39 (Online)
Send PM
Karthik740 wrote:
Hi,

I had booked my GMAT online exam for 13 Feb but I would like to reschedule the exam to March 6. My questions are as below -:
1. I was getting the option to reschedule to March, even though I believe the GMAT Online exam is till February 2021 only. Is it possible to reschedule the exam to March given that GMAT Online till Feb 2021 only. Is there any update on the availability of the exam?
2. Is the GMAT online exam now available throughout 2021?

Appreciate any response.

Kindly read just one or two posts above your post in this thread :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 123
Send PM
I want to book my exam for March beginning but considering we have the notification of GMAT Online only till Feb-end. Considering I am much more inclined for the online exam, should I wait for any announcement for the extension of the date or go ahead with booking a slot at the centre? Is there any possibility of GMAT Online being extended beyond Feb as well?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  153   154   155   156   157  ...  183