Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 09:02 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 09:02

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Tags:
MFin   MiM   
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
Own Kudos [?]: 2769 [2]
Given Kudos: 1510
GPA: 4
WE:Analyst (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GPA: 3.72
Send PM
Re: Bocconi MSc (Finance & Management) 2021 Intake: Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
I got my reply an hour ago! I was admitted with an International Award. It's still a little bit expensive for me. Do you think I should accept the offer?

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Re: Bocconi MSc (Finance & Management) 2021 Intake: Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
maremm199 wrote:
I got my reply an hour ago! I was admitted with an International Award. It's still a little bit expensive for me. Do you think I should accept the offer?

Which program did you get in?
Current Student
Given Kudos: 2
GPA: 3.72
Send PM
Nelly98 wrote:
maremm199 wrote:

Which program did you get in?

I got in the Master of Marketing
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 363 [2]
Given Kudos: 162
GMAT 1: 730 Q46 V45
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
Got into the Master of Finance.
Already committed to HSG though :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
Kudos
I am surprised that so many >700 scores were denied. I always thought that they heavily emphasize GMAT.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
DG1999 wrote:
iced wrote:
This application season seems considerably more difficult. Has Bocconi decreased the number of international students it admits?

Why do you think it is more difficult?

Based on general trends, there is an increase in the number of applications, and for some schools, a decrease in the number of seats due to deferrals.
For Bocconi, some people I know with 700+ GMAT and a good application (one has been accepted to HEC) were rejected. Was thus curious if Bocconi has made some changes to class composition.
Current Student
Send PM
Ah sure.
One additional question. Would all of you prefer HEC‘s MiM Grande Ecole over Bocconi‘s CEMS MiM? 🙆🏽‍♀️

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I also don't understand this year's choice. I got accepted for the Master program in Finance with the women award and my stats are not that great. I couldn't believe it yesterday. Maybe there were way too many male applicants?

Current Student
Send PM
I wouldn‘t know.
I got a Merit Award but honestly my grades are quite nice.

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 363 [0]
Send PM
I also got no scholarship and have a near maximum GPA. Not too concerned as I don't plan to go anyway but I was wondered as well since on other boards from last years decisions it seemed like students were swamped with scholarships for just having a low 7 in front of their GMAT.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Would the guys that got admitted mind sharing their profile?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 87
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
chrtpmdr wrote:
I also got no scholarship and have a near maximum GPA. Not too concerned as I don't plan to go anyway but I was wondered as well since on other boards from last years decisions it seemed like students were swamped with scholarships for just having a low 7 in front of their GMAT.

But you also got a 730 in GMAT! no scholarship?

Also, Congrats on the offer at HSG, mind sharing your decision of choosing HSG over Bocconi?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
timothy1212 wrote:
Would the guys that got admitted mind sharing their profile?

Nationality:German

Gpa: 3.7, thereby valedictorian out of 90 students

Undergraduate degree: bachelor of arts in banking at small university in Berlin + exchange semester at HEC Montréal

GMAT: 700, 42 Verbal, 42 Quant

Work experience: 15 months in Commercial banking (private clients, but main focus on corporates in SME sector), a few months in investment banking foreseen for this year

International experience: three months student exchange in France, one year language program in china

Awards: excellence certificate at language program in China,
excellence certificates at undergraduate university,
Scholarship for exchange semester

Languages:
German motherthongue
English c1
French b2/c1
Chinese hsk3

Extracurriculars: engaged in climate change movements, sustainability club, student elect for some Gremiums at university, took part in project for integrating immigrants in Berlin

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 363 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
gmatk1lla wrote:
chrtpmdr wrote:

Also, Congrats on the offer at HSG, mind sharing your decision of choosing HSG over Bocconi?

Both great schools but I speak German and no Italian. That sealed the deal for me as HSG has the stronger signaling effect in the German region.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 87
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
chrtpmdr wrote:
gmatk1lla wrote:
chrtpmdr wrote:

Both great schools but I speak German and no Italian. That sealed the deal for me as HSG has the stronger signaling effect in the German region.

Thanks for the reply! Are you looking to work in Germany / Switzerland post grad?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hello,

I am wondering whether the Kira talent interview for the international management application gives random/unknown questions or whether the 3 official questions are the ones listed on the Bocconi site; namely: 1. self presentation 2. why do you consider yourself as a person with a pronounced international attitude? 3. How do you evaluate your ability to go beyond your comfort zone?

If anyone who has completed the process could let me know I would appreciate it.

Thank you!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
hey!

Just took my GMAT today, so disapointing with myself (Broke the 700 during practice and got 640 today...)

Ihave accepted the score and i don't know if it was the right choice. I am planning on taking the GMAT again in 3 weeks. I was wondering if this 640 will weaken my future applications even if i get a 680-700 GMAT on my second try?

I still applied for the MSc in Finance at Bocconi in the second round with my 640. What do you think of my chances?

My profile:
21 YO
Bachelor at HEC Montreal with GPA 3,93/4,3
2 relevant internships

I know that it is going to be difficult with my low GMAT. Hope that the second try will be better and that i could get accepted in the third round.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Capioninho wrote:
hey!

Just took my GMAT today, so disapointing with myself (Broke the 700 during practice and got 640 today...)

Ihave accepted the score and i don't know if it was the right choice. I am planning on taking the GMAT again in 3 weeks. I was wondering if this 640 will weaken my future applications even if i get a 680-700 GMAT on my second try?

I still applied for the MSc in Finance at Bocconi in the second round with my 640. What do you think of my chances?

My profile:
21 YO
Bachelor at HEC Montreal with GPA 3,93/4,3
2 relevant internships

I know that it is going to be difficult with my low GMAT. Hope that the second try will be better and that i could get accepted in the third round.

I think it will be difficult as well (unless you have some amazing extracurriculars you didn't mention), but keep in mind that you can improve your score for the third round. You'll actually need to show improvement if you get rejected so I don't think it will weaken your application at Bocconi at least.

GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts