Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 15:28 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 15:28

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 83
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE:Sales (Manufacturing)
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Given Kudos: 155
Send PM
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Current Student
Given Kudos: 83
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE:Sales (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Re: Schulich Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Background - Indian - Engineer -32
Undergrad Information- Mechanical Engineer 2010 passout
GMAT:690
Work experience and leadership- 9.5 years in sales function. 2 years in as a team lead in sales. A year as national channel operations manager
Post MBA goals- would like to get into strategic marketing

In addition to the info above,

Undergrad GPA-3.3

Career Progression- 6.5 years as sales Rep---> 1 year as Nation Support operations and Outbound sales manager-----> 2 year as team Leader handling a team of 11

Account managers(Recruiting , training, developing them into roles of sales leaders)

GMAT- planning to give it a second time in Jan

Aspired Short term Goal- Strategic marketing( Requires a business degress and needs understanding of different functions in organization that I hope to acquire through my cohort in MBA

Aspired Long term Goal- a business leader emphasizing on integration of skill and data analysis while emphasizing on emotional connect with customer base.

Social impact- Activly involved in construction and restoration of community buildings(places of worship and raising funds to support welfare

Hobbies- Activly led a club developing skills in aspirants looking to develop in sales, Long time cross fitter and collecting Bauhaus inspired watches.

Awards- consecutive awards as the top sales guy in the organization.

I would like to know the other colleges i can think of
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 410 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Re: Schulich Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Jag27 wrote:
Work experience and leadership- 9.5 years in sales function. 2 years in as a team lead in sales. A year as national channel operations manager

Undergrad GPA-3.3

Career Progression- 6.5 years as sales Rep---> 1 year as Nation Support operations and Outbound sales manager-----> 2 year as team Leader handling a team of 11

Account managers(Recruiting , training, developing them into roles of sales leaders)

Aspired Short term Goal- Strategic marketing( Requires a business degress and needs understanding of different functions in organization that I hope to acquire through my cohort in MBA

Aspired Long term Goal- a business leader emphasizing on integration of skill and data analysis while emphasizing on emotional connect with customer base.

Social impact- Activly involved in construction and restoration of community buildings(places of worship and raising funds to support welfare

Hobbies- Activly led a club developing skills in aspirants looking to develop in sales, Long time cross fitter and collecting Bauhaus inspired watches.

Hey Jag27,

To commence your profile evaluation, I would say that your academic background is quite strong. Your GPA of 3.3/4 and a GMAT score of 690 not only displays your academic prowess but also opens a lot of opportunities and doors to top business schools for you. Unless and until you are sure about boosting your score by 50 points, I would not recommend a retake as your GMAT holds just 15-20% of a weightage on your chances of getting accepted.

Coming on to your work experience, you have approx 10 years of work experience which is quite extensive and great for targeting an MBA program. You haven’t mentioned the company name, but in case it’s not a global brand, you would be required to focus on the kind of roles you have undertaken, the projects you undertook, and the positive impact you were able to create during your stint. Thus, effectively showcasing your work experience can help you establish in the minds of the admission's committee that you are no less than your competition who would most likely be Big 4 candidates.

Moving on, extracurricular participation plays an important role in strengthening your applications as B-schools are on the hunt for all-rounder profiles. Seeing your extra-curricular activities, I’d say you have varied endeavors on this end, which portrays your proactive attitude. To give your Extracurriculars a boost, you can join certain clubs and organizations where you’d be able to make a positive impact by leveraging your leadership and communication skills. Additionally, you can also take up certain courses or certifications in your field of interest to portray how you’re constantly upskilling yourself and chasing growth.

Coming to your school choice, Schulich falls under the dream category where you have a good chance of acceptance by 50-60%, provided you back your profile with a strong application. A good application through its various components such as essays, LORs and SOPs would help you to highlight your strengths and give apt justifications for your weaknesses to smooth over any flaws in your profile. Moreover, the application acts as the window through which the admission committee can peer into your skills, calibre and your personality.

Furthermore, since you are applying for a highly competitive program such as MBA, applying to simply one business school is not an optimal strategy, hence you should always target a good mix of 6-8 dream, competitive, and safe schools to hedge your bets wisely.

Here are few schools that you can be looking at:
Ivey, Rotman, UBC, Ryerson, Waterloo and McMaster

On this note, to get in-depth insights into the schools you can be targeting as per your requirements, you can take up our free profile evaluation to get personalized recommendations on schools you can be targeting, as well as tips to boost the competitiveness of your profile.

The Link is provided below:

https://www.mim-essay.com/profile-evaluation

Hope this helped!
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Jag27,

Your profile looks very promising for Schulich with a long streak of professional experience. Your current GMAT is very competitive and suits well for the b-school. The average GMAT score of the class at Schulich hovers around 680. It is a good fit for you as 20% of the class has a Marketing/Sales background. Your average work-ex is also better than the class average which is 5 years. Your GPA highlights your intellectual prowess. Together your GPA and GMAT scores give a good analytical touch to your profile.

Your career progression has been very attractive and is noteworthy. It gives an impression that you are ripe for an MBA and it will help you become a good leader/manager. You must showcase your career progression in a stark way as it will provide the image of a high performing individual.

Talking about your ECs, in your social activities and hobbies both, you’ve showcased impactful contribution. It very well highlights your effectiveness. Your hobby of collecting Bauhaus inspired watches brings forward your design sense which is very helpful in Marketing.

You can bring forward leadership instances from your past. They can be from professional or personal life. You can bring forward any case where you steered your organization through a tough time or crisis.

If you are able to further increase your score, it will open more doors to the top U.S. and European colleges. Even at present score, you may consider applying to Ivey, Rotman, etc.

You may mbaandbeyond.com/calendly?utm_source=gmatclub&utm_medium=answer&utm_campaign=SCHJAN11_3" class="postlink">connect with us for a free consultation. We can have a quick discussion around your application strategy and a better understanding of your target schools.

Regards,
Shantanu Sharma
Shantanu Sharma, [url=https://www.linkedin.com/in/shantanu-sharma-b7938431/]Linkedin
Founder and Admissions Consultant, MBA and Beyond
Testimonials
Email: shantanu@mbaandbeyond.com
What s app: +65-97158525

Jag27 wrote:

Undergrad GPA-3.3

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools: Darden '23
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.55
Send PM
Kudos
Hello everyone,
Will be greatful for a profile evaluation.
Indian male, 24
Gre - 169/161 Q/V

Mba @ schulich

Undergrad 6.5/7 CGPA from a top 10 college in India as a bachelor's degree in Commerce, graduated in 2017. University of mumbai ( HR COLLEGE OF COMMERCE)

Other  certifications- US CFA ( above 90 percentile at all levels) , US CMA , US CPA , US CAIA ( Part 1 completed).

Few other investment and derivative certifications and courses along with the FMVA financial modelling course.

Worked full time during all three years of my college,
2 years as an investment analyst in a mid size firm (full time though might be considered as an internship)
1 year of articleship as an accountant in a mid tier accountancy firm ( since i did two levels of Chartered accountancy as well)

Post graduation, 
Working in one of the top accountancy firms in my state , joined as an accountant but with pretty good performance, was promoted as the team leader within a year , managing a team of 8.
Well after working there for about 2 years, i had developed indepth knowledge of the biggest industry in that state ( mining and minerals) as they were our major clients and successfully started a new wing within my firm providing consulting and advisory service to MSME ( Micro small and medium enterprise).
Was a great success, bought in a chunk of clients bringing other business with them as well. Was promoted as the manager of the firm handling the entire msme consulting division along with the 20 employees that comes with it.

With respect to the social impact,  i am very happy and proud of the projects that i have successfully completed.
During my college days, was the head of the National service scheme, ( pretty big collaboration between colleges), though head of my own college.
Helped the workers and the domestic help to get themselves organised and worked with them forming a union registered with their local police stations bringing a regulation and oversight towards any wrongful treatment and exploitation against them.

For the past 4 years, I am a registered member of the heartfulness organization,  an education and spirituality organization, teaching the younger generation about the importance and understanding of spirituality. Have organized seminars all across the country  with an median attendance of about 2000-3000 people in every one of them.
Have been part of various initiatives such as the green kanha, wherein we strive and work towards environmental protection and preservation,  planting thousands of trees and having a means for water conservation for the use of agricultural.

On a side note- i created 2 firms in the mining and mineral line, using my skills and knowledge to grab a solid opportunity, (wanted to strategically use funds, selling one business at a good profit and utilizing that to run my other firm and making it a export oriented unit, this sale freed up my investment and helped my family come out of a tough financial condition). The important part of this venture was to make it a self sustaining source of incomenfor my family and form a partnership with the right kind of people having excellent business management skills and good hold at a local level. Hopefully everything till now went as planned.

Posted from my mobile device
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi jeetsethi09,

Thanks for sharing your profile! Your profile looks pretty impressive with a competitive GMAT score and I see a good chance for you to make it to Schulich!

Here are the major parameters by which Schulich judges your potential apart from the GMAT score:

1.Leadership skills
2.Beyond yourself
3.English language proficiency
4.Academics

I think 3&4 are something you can not change and anyway you got a great academic record, so this part is pretty sorted. I can clearly see 1&2 in you. Your initiatives do not just exhibit the big impacts you created but also that you are a person who can think where others may not touch upon, for example, making youth aware of spirituality. I would love to hear your motivations behind this act :)

Coming on to your work experience, you have in total of 5 years of experience with considerable leadership experiences but one thing which you need to focus on is to not get complacent. It is very important for you to connect the dots right and bring a story that can talk impact loud and clear.

Moving on to the extracurricular activities, your profile looks pretty competitive and interested in this lens. Make sure to highlight the passion towards them.

All in all, you sound like you are on the right track and all you need is to dig in deep and come up with a compelling story. If you'd like, we are happy to hop on a call with you to discuss your story in length and address the major hiccups of your profile. Also, you need to have a good understanding of the schools you are going to target. Feel free to connect with me as per your convenience.

Cheers!
Shantanu Sharma, Linkedin
Testimonials

jeetsethi09 wrote:
Hello everyone,
Will be greatful for a profile evaluation.
Indian male, 24
Gre - 169/161 Q/V

Mba @ schulich

Undergrad 6.5/7 CGPA from a top 10 college in India as a bachelor's degree in Commerce, graduated in 2017. University of mumbai ( HR COLLEGE OF COMMERCE)

Other  certifications- US CFA ( above 90 percentile at all levels) , US CMA , US CPA , US CAIA ( Part 1 completed).

Few other investment and derivative certifications and courses along with the FMVA financial modelling course.

Worked full time during all three years of my college,
2 years as an investment analyst in a mid size firm (full time though might be considered as an internship)
1 year of articleship as an accountant in a mid tier accountancy firm ( since i did two levels of Chartered accountancy as well)

Post graduation, 
Working in one of the top accountancy firms in my state , joined as an accountant but with pretty good performance, was promoted as the team leader within a year , managing a team of 8.
Well after working there for about 2 years, i had developed indepth knowledge of the biggest industry in that state ( mining and minerals) as they were our major clients and successfully started a new wing within my firm providing consulting and advisory service to MSME ( Micro small and medium enterprise).
Was a great success, bought in a chunk of clients bringing other business with them as well. Was promoted as the manager of the firm handling the entire msme consulting division along with the 20 employees that comes with it.

With respect to the social impact,  i am very happy and proud of the projects that i have successfully completed.
During my college days, was the head of the National service scheme, ( pretty big collaboration between colleges), though head of my own college.
Helped the workers and the domestic help to get themselves organised and worked with them forming a union registered with their local police stations bringing a regulation and oversight towards any wrongful treatment and exploitation against them.

For the past 4 years, I am a registered member of the heartfulness organization,  an education and spirituality organization, teaching the younger generation about the importance and understanding of spirituality. Have organized seminars all across the country  with an median attendance of about 2000-3000 people in every one of them.
Have been part of various initiatives such as the green kanha, wherein we strive and work towards environmental protection and preservation,  planting thousands of trees and having a means for water conservation for the use of agricultural.

On a side note- i created 2 firms in the mining and mineral line, using my skills and knowledge to grab a solid opportunity, (wanted to strategically use funds, selling one business at a good profit and utilizing that to run my other firm and making it a export oriented unit, this sale freed up my investment and helped my family come out of a tough financial condition). The important part of this venture was to make it a self sustaining source of incomenfor my family and form a partnership with the right kind of people having excellent business management skills and good hold at a local level. Hopefully everything till now went as planned.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Background and nationality: Indian
Undergrad Information: Mechanical Engineer from a top Indian college
GMAT: 660
Work experience and leadership: 10 years in Project management and product design in a leading automobile company, of which 2 years international experience
Community and others: some CSR initiative
Post MBA goals: strategic manager in automobile sector

Hi All please evaluate my profile. I am a little skeptical about my short term goal as well, please help me
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi luckyv,

Your work experience looks good. To get a detailed evaluation of your chance at Schulich and other good schools, you need to share more details such as undergrad GPA, details of your work experience, and ECs. I’m pretty sure you will have amazing stories to dig out about the projects you undertook in your profession as a PM. On the top, your profile also has an international touch, so this will help you to highlight your impact to the work.

Your GMAT score is competitive for Schulich as the average GMAT score for Schulich is around 680. So, this part is pretty sorted for you.

On a side note your post-MBA goals align well with your past work experiences but you are on the older side to apply to a full-time MBA and to compensate for it, you will need to highlight how your 10 years of experiences are your strength and help you make your profile distinguished. To have some tips from someone who was in the same court as you're today, you may want to read this story of a candidate with 16 years of experience making it to Schulich.

Happy to evaluate deeper once I get to know your story in detail. If you’d like, I am happy to hop on a call with you sometimes this week to discuss your profile and chances at Schulich. Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

Cheers!
Shantanu Sharma, Linkedin
Testimonials

luckyv wrote:
Work experience and leadership: 10 years in Project management and product design in a leading automobile company, of which 2 years international experience

Hi All please evaluate my profile. I am a little skeptical about my short term goal as well, please help me
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 410 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Expert Reply
luckyv wrote:

Hey luckyv!

Starting off with your academic background, you haven’t mentioned your scores so I can’t comment on where you fall amongst the competition but as far as the brand names are concerned, it is great to see that you have pursued your undergrad from one of the elite Indian colleges, as top schools such as Schulich tend to favour candidates from Tier 1 schools of each country.

Moving on to your GMAT, your GMAT falls just 20 points shorter than the average GMAT of the Schulich cohort. If you are up for a retake and feel confident that you’d be able to score at least 680, then I’d suggest you go for the retake at the very earliest so you can meet the upcoming deadlines on time.

Moving on to your work experience, you have 10 years of quality work experience as well as 2 years of international experience which sets you apart from the average indian applicant. You haven’t mentioned the company name here so commenting on the relevancy of the brand name won’t be possible. However, I would like to make you aware of the fact that you’d be facing tough competition from candidates from Big4 Companies. Hence, talking about the kind of projects you have undertaken, the impact you created and your career progression with major learning takeaways would definitely allow you to negate the lack of big brand names in your profile and establish you as no less than a big4 candidate.

Further, on the note of extracurriculars, you must be cognizant of the fact that schools seek applicants having a holistic profile. Hence, accounting for the same, your involvement in CSR initiatives highlights how you are a socially empathetic person who possesses the capabilities to harness his skills and create a positive social impact. To further build upon the same, you can take up certifications in the field you wish to pursue your career in. This will help showcase how you’re constantly treading on a path of growth and upskilling yourself.

Given your school choice, Schulich as a school falls under the dream category and has an acceptance rate of 8-12% which translates your chances of acceptance in the program to around 40-50%. However, when applying to B schools it is never a good strategy to place all your eggs in one basket which is why you should hedge your bets wisely and apply to a mixed bunch of 6-8 schools. Some other schools that you can target with your profile are Ivey, Queen’s, McMaster, UoT, Alberta, Rotman etc.

Another aspect that you should be acquainted with while applying to B-schools is the importance of a strong application. Since you wish to apply to a highly competitive program such as MFin, you’d be facing competition from a highly saturated and holistically developed competitor pool. Hence, a strong application would not only allow you to highlight your strength but also distinguish you from other applicants.

Therefore, in lieu of that, I would recommend you to check out our flagship ALL-IN-ONE service, which has allowed us to help 3500+ applicants to get into their dream schools. As you are still in the early process of your application, it would provide you with end-to-end consulting and unlimited edits on your application documents. With our customized approach and carefully crafted applications, we have helped our clients bag admits from elite schools like Rotman, Schulich and UBC along with scholarships worth 3.3 million Euros till date. We’d love for you to be next!

Link for the All-In-One Solutions:

https://www.mim-essay.com/mim-all-in-one

Hope this helped!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 36
Schools: ISB '23 (I)
Send PM
Hi,

I am a prospective student looking to apply in R3. Request someone to evaluate my profile given below:

BACKGROUND: 27 years, Female

GMAT SCORE: 660 (Q44, V37)

EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
PG Diploma in Marketing Management (Welingkar Institute, Mumbai): A+ Grade
Bachelor's of Management Studies (H.R. College, University of Mumbai): CGPA 6.91/7.00
XII - 85.33% (H.R. College, Mumbai - HSC)
X - 89.86% (Bombay Scottish School, Mumbai - ICSE)

WORK EXPERIENCE: 6+ YEARS
Tata Consumer Products Limited
- Led multiple on ground projects ranging from digital transformation rollout to distribution innovation projects focused on increased placement of Tata Tea brands across Western India
- Participated in multiple international conferences
Teach For India
- Taught literacy and fostered community development in an underprivileged school in Dharavi, Mumbai

COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
Shadowbox Charitable Trust and Pragati Holistic Development Trust
- Raised funds INR 2.5+ lacs to provide grains, sanitary essentials and daily necessities to over 250 families in under-resourced communities of Dharavi, Govandi-Mankhurd and Sion
Safecity: Red Dot Foundation
- Pioneered “Be Your Own Superhero” campaign to raise awareness on sexual harassment
Antarang Foundation
- Awarded ‘Best Mentor’ title for consistent and collaborative effort in student mentoring

POST MBA GOALS: Strategy/Marketing roles in FMCG

Thanks in advance!
Stratus Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 217 [1]
Given Kudos: 88
Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
luckyv wrote:
GMAT: 660As you know, this is a tad shy of their average GMAT, but you do bring more work experience than average so that could help balance this out.
Post MBA goals: strategic manager in automobile sector Be clear in your application why you need the MBA to follow on this path-- it could be helpful to share an example in your essays about how there was a situation at work where if you had an MBA you would have been able to add more to a particular situation or have more tools to solve a problem. I would spend time now doing more research on your post MBA career goals as a program will expect a bit more clarity from someone with 10 yrs of work experience. Also be sure to research Shulich by taking to current students and attending their webinars so that the schools sees that you have true interest. I think this is becoming more important as schools want to have a high yield-- meaning that if they offer you a spot they want you to say yes. You can show them that you are very interested in the school by attending events and talking to students. Also these conversations will be helpful in providing extra specificity in your essays.

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.37
Send PM
Hi
My profile is as below:
1) 10th and 12th: 90% CBSE Board
2) Bachelors: BTech in Chemical engineering from National Institute of Technology Karnataka (Top 10 in India): 6.5 CGPA
3) GMAT: 700
4) Work Ex: 5 years in Strategy.
Currently Program Manager at the top E-commerce company at Bangalore(India).
3 promotions, 1 more on the way.
Handling charters valued at 15 million us dollars and handling a team of a total span of ~150, with grads from top IIMs reporting directly.
5) Community work: Started a coaching center for underprivileged kids in my community. Running it for 4 years now.

Post MBA goals: Strategy consulting.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hi could someone help me evaluate my profile?
Nationality : Indian
10th : 87.67
12th : 80.83
UG : 3.42/4 (Computer science Engineering, 2020, Tier-3 college)

Work ex : 14 months as Systems engineer(my role is a data analyst) in a reputed MNC

Extracurriculars : Member of student chapter in college, organised tech quizzes, debates, etc, also, taught few kids in a local ngo (But don't have any certificate/proof as such for both). Currently joint secretary of a rotaract club.

Internships : Did 2 content writing internship, one for a small food vlog channel, another where I wrote blogs related to current trends in finance market, revenues, etc.

Certification : Have 4-5 certificates related to data Analysis and course subjects from coursera/edx; thinking of doing more.

GMAT : Haven't given yet, but aiming to bring as high as possible( >720).

Why MBA and post-mba : Always have loved managerial roles, understood it more during my undergrad; aspire to work as a business analyst/consultant.

Please evaluate!

*Concern" : single mother, we have a small business and pretty low income. Until now I've funded my education myself. Would I face any hindrance in loan sanctioning/visa?

Please review and help!

Originally posted by BP97 on 24 Oct 2021, 06:58.
Last edited by BP97 on 24 Oct 2021, 08:47, edited 1 time in total.
GMAT Club News PM
Own Kudos [?]: 89 [0]
Given Kudos: 853
Concentration: Operations, General Management
WE:Supply Chain Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Hey BP97,

I recommend posting your profile eval requests here: Ask Admissions Consultants.

You will have a higher chance of getting an insightful reply from the experts. :thumbsup:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [2]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Kudos
BP97 wrote:

Work ex : 14 months as Systems engineer(my role is a data analyst) in a reputed MNC

Extracurriculars : Member of student chapter in college, organised tech quizzes, debates, etc, also, taught few kids in a local ngo (But don't have any certificate/proof as such for both). Currently joint secretary of a rotaract club.

Internships : Did 2 content writing internship, one for a small food vlog channel, another where I wrote blogs related to current trends in finance market, revenues, etc.

Certification : Have 4-5 certificates related to data Analysis and course subjects from coursera/edx; thinking of doing more.

Why MBA and post-mba : Always have loved managerial roles, understood it more during my undergrad; aspire to work as a business analyst/consultant.

Please evaluate!

*Concern" : single mother, we have a small business and pretty low income. Until now I've funded my education myself. Would I face any hindrance in loan sanctioning/visa?

Please review and help!

Good day,

In terms of what you have written as concern, Please do not showcase it as negative point, in actual its you standout point which you can describe how you took up responsibility, are resilient and overcome challenges against all odds. Craft it in a positive way.

In terms of loan sanctioning or visa, bank would not really hesitate if you have a admit with good school neither would visa officer.

Hope this helps
All the best
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Thisisit5 wrote:
BP97 wrote:

Please evaluate!

Please review and help!

Good day,

In terms of what you have written as concern, Please do not showcase it as negative point, in actual its you standout point which you can describe how you took up responsibility, are resilient and overcome challenges against all odds. Craft it in a positive way.

In terms of loan sanctioning or visa, bank would not really hesitate if you have a admit with good school neither would visa officer.

Hope this helps
All the best

Thanks a lot! Could you let me know what are my chances of a call/convert? Targeting the unis in canada.
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi BP97,

Thank you for sharing your profile. Your profile looks good on the surface. Starting with the stats, your undergrad GPA is good, and if you score 720+, it will maximize your chances. In terms of work, working in an MNC should suggest some large projects of yours. I believe that getting more experience, taking on leadership roles, and making an impact will help you build a strong and competitive profile. Your ECs are demonstrating some of your leadership skills; you will need to show all of these in a way that highlights different aspects of your personality. Overall, you had a chance, but you'll need to improve your profile to make it competitive among the pool of candidates.

Concerning your worry, I believe you should approach it constructively. It should convey your strength, self-confidence, and sense of responsibility. Visas will not be an issue for you because Canada's visa policies are among the most flexible in the world.

I hope this helps! If you’d like, we are happy to hop on a call with you sometime this week to discuss your profile in length and further chances to the b-school. Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

Cheers!
Neha Hadke
Profile Analyst & Channel Manager, MBA and Beyond
Testimonials
Email: neha@mbaandbeyond.com

BP97 wrote:

Please evaluate!

Please review and help!

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Strategy, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38 (Online)
GPA: 3.13
Send PM
Degree- Integrated 5 year Dual Degree course known as MBA tech IT(B.Tech in IT and MBA in Technology management) from one of India's premier universities
UG : 3.13/4

Work ex : 38 months as Head of Sales for a Consumer Healthcare Brand in India

Extracurriculars : Member of AIESEC in Mumbai chapter part of AIESEC( a UN affiliated student led body which aims at facilitating cultural exchange) and Volunteer with Local NGO specialising in Female empowerment

Certification : Have 3 certificates related to Negotiation and Quants from coursera

GMAT : 700

IELTS : 8.0/9.0
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3