Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 07:42 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 07:42

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72867 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22044 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Exec MBA [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi shubhapriyaghosh,

I have the perfect article for you:

How to Start Studying for the GMAT: 5 Steps for Success

If you have any questions after reading the article, feel free to reach out.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 179 [0]
Given Kudos: 41
GMAT 1: 570 Q43 V26
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: Exec MBA [#permalink]
shubhapriyaghosh wrote:
Hi, after 5 yrs of job in as a biologist now planning for role change and planning for E MBA, need a guide how I can start GMAT prep and secured a good score????

Posted from my mobile device

Hi shubhapriyaghosh,

I'm no expert but I have a fair amount of experience with GMAT. I started with a score of 570 and improved it to 680 and then finally to 720. So, I have made a few mistakes in my journey and I learnt a lot from them. So, I made a debrief regarding the same so that students might get a little help from that.

Debrief of My journey from 570 to 680 to 720 - Things I did differently

https://gmatclub.com/forum/my-journey-f ... l#p2648110

All in all, I would suggest you to focus more on learning the methods rather than just focusing practicing more questions. Doing the prep in the right way is the key. So, choose a good resource which can help you with concepts, methods, practice questions and their detailed solutions.

Hope it helped. All the best :)
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11665 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi shubhapriyaghosh,

If you have a list of specific Schools/Programs that interest you, then you should start by confirming what Test Scores are accepted as part of the application process. While it probably a 'given' that the GMAT is one of the options, you might have others (including the GRE or the EA). If you have more than one option, then you should consider which Exam would give you the best opportunity to perform at a high level.

1) When are you planning to apply to School? If it's sometime this year, then what specific application deadlines are you considering?
2) Going forward, how many hours do you think you can consistently study each week?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
GMATWhiz Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 1800 [0]
Given Kudos: 68
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GMAT 2: 760 Q51 V40
Send PM
Expert Reply
shubhapriyaghosh wrote:
Hi, after 5 yrs of job in as a biologist now planning for role change and planning for E MBA, need a guide how I can start GMAT prep and secured a good score????

Posted from my mobile device

Hi shubhapriyaghosh,

The key to score well on GMAT is to do the prep in the right way. A lot of students do not do that properly and as a result struggle with the prep. You can go through this article to understand the right way to strategize your prep.

And I would suggest you to spend some time in analyzing the free trials of the online courses. Do a proper research, know in an out of them and choose the one which suits you the most. Having said that, there are a few parameters which you should keep in mind while evaluating the courses. You can go through this article to understand a few key factors that you should keep in mind while evaluating the online courses.

Having said that, as you are a working professional, you would want to choose an online course which can help you with a study plan. Because if you are clear of what to study on any given day, it makes life easier for you. But a person who can spend 4 hours a day for studies cannot have the same study plan as a person who can spend just 2 hours a day. So, the study plan has to be personalized, that is, the study plan has to be according to the number of hours one can dedicate for studies. So, I would suggest you to check out the free trial of GMATWhiz and the personalized study plan it provides. And if you wish to have a detailed discussion regarding the study strategy, you can get in touch with me using the below link.

Click here to schedule a call
GMAT Club Bot