Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 07:04 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 07:04

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 418 [1]
Given Kudos: 596
Concentration: Operations, Technology
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 1433 [1]
Given Kudos: 582
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Low score in third party mocks but higher in Official mocks [#permalink]
warrior1991 wrote:
First of all, did you attempt the official Mock first time ?

If yes, I must say your score is good and you should believe in official. If no, then there is a score fluctuation.

Second, Veritas Mocks are also good but if in official exams you are getting a good score ,why think about non-official??

Take one more official: Exam 5 or 6. These tests will give you a clear indication of your preparedness.

Coming to Manhattan. Quant of Manhattan is much harder than that of GMAT. So if official test quant score is good, you are doing good.

Good luck !

Lastly, it will be good if you also post Q and V split while reporting overall score.

No, this is after some months of preparation.

Score split - Veritas 660 (Q49, V32)
Official mock 2 700 (Q49, V35)
Manhattan mock 660 (Q47,V34)
Official mock 3 720 (Q50,V36)

Let me know your insights!

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [1]
Given Kudos: 135
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V36
GMAT 3: 720 Q50 V37
GMAT 4: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.99
Send PM
Kudos
official mock 3 and 4 are easy, I got 770 and 750 in those 2. high score in official mocks is mainly because you get to solve similar questions on the GMAT club. for quants better trust GMAT club mocks
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22051 [1]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi KVKool,

The good news is that you are scoring very well on your official MBA.com practice exam. Do you plan to take any more of those prior to your GMAT?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ScottTargetTestPrep wrote:
Hi KVKool,

The good news is that you are scoring very well on your official MBA.com practice exam. Do you plan to take any more of those prior to your GMAT?

Yes. I do plan on taking may be 1-2 mocks before the actual GMAT.

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11665 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi KVKool,

The scoring algorithm on the Official GMAT is far more complicated than most people realize. Since that algorithm is proprietary, no GMAT company has an exact match for it, thus CAT scores can vary a bit based on the 'biases' involved in their respective designs. It's also worth noting that while the most realistic CATs available are the 6 from GMAC, retaking a CAT that you've already taken is NOT a realistic way to assess your skills - since you will likely see some 'repeat' questions that you have already faced. Unfortunately, seeing even a couple of repeats can 'throw off' the Scoring Algorithm and impact your pacing, energy levels, fatigue, etc. (meaning that they would likely all appear to be better than they actually are).

You listed 4 recent CAT/mock results, but have you taken any other CATs? I ask because in another recent post, you stated that you had scored 690/Q49/V35 on Official mock #1 - and you took that CAT 1 week before Official mock #2 (but you did not include that information in your initial post here). If there are other CAT results, then that additional data would help to define your 'progression' over the last several months and if you've potentially gotten 'stuck' in any particular areas.

In addition, you were initially planning to take the GMAT sometime in the last week or so. Did you end up taking it as planned or did you push back your Test Date (and at this point, when are you planning to take the GMAT?)?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Intern
Intern
Send PM
EMPOWERgmatRichC wrote:
Hi KVKool,

The scoring algorithm on the Official GMAT is far more complicated than most people realize. Since that algorithm is proprietary, no GMAT company has an exact match for it, thus CAT scores can vary a bit based on the 'biases' involved in their respective designs. It's also worth noting that while the most realistic CATs available are the 6 from GMAC, retaking a CAT that you've already taken is NOT a realistic way to assess your skills - since you will likely see some 'repeat' questions that you have already faced. Unfortunately, seeing even a couple of repeats can 'throw off' the Scoring Algorithm and impact your pacing, energy levels, fatigue, etc. (meaning that they would likely all appear to be better than they actually are).

You listed 4 recent CAT/mock results, but have you taken any other CATs? I ask because in another recent post, you stated that you had scored 690/Q49/V35 on Official mock #1 - and you took that CAT 1 week before Official mock #2 (but you did not include that information in your initial post here). If there are other CAT results, then that additional data would help to define your 'progression' over the last several months and if you've potentially gotten 'stuck' in any particular areas.

In addition, you were initially planning to take the GMAT sometime in the last week or so. Did you end up taking it as planned or did you push back your Test Date (and at this point, when are you planning to take the GMAT?)?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

Spot on, Rich!

Yes. I took the official mock #1 Score- 690/Q49/V35 before mock #2.

Indeed, I had planned to take GMAT last week. But I wasn't scoring upto the mark on mocks so decided to postpone my exam by 2 weeks. Let me know your insights!

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11665 [1]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM