Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 13:20 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 13:20

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 396 [0]
Given Kudos: 114
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.15
WE:Accounting (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 52
Schools: HEC LSE MFin "22
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 179 [0]
Given Kudos: 41
GMAT 1: 570 Q43 V26
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: Best Prep Course with Tutor [#permalink]
cecesmith wrote:
I took the GMAT in January and did very poorly! I got a 250... and need at least 450. I believe a private tutor will be the best thing for me. I am between Magoosh and Kaplan. I cannot decide which one is better and there is a huge price difference. I also don't need a high competitive score so I don't know if I need to spend as much for Kaplan. Any recommendations are appreciated!

Posted from my mobile device

Hi cecesmith,

You can try GMATWhiz. They even provide you a free demo before you enroll. So, if you are apprehensive, I think a free demo will help you understand it better. I didn't go with their private tutoring but used their online course. It helped me improve my score from 570 to 720. So, I believe their private tutoring will be much better.

Give it a try because there's no harm spending a little time in researching when you are spending so much. Hope it helped. All the best :)
Math Revolution GMAT Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 16592 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V42
GPA: 3.82
Send PM
Best Prep Course with Tutor [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hello cecesmith,

The official GMAT exam tests the candidate’s ability to manage time, handle pressure, apply the learned concept, and score better. GMAT is not as easy as we assume. GMAT math is logic, rather than general math skill, and verbal is a real language test and a logic skill test of an individual.

Your current GMAT score is very shaky!

You can schedule a Free counseling session for 20 mins with one of our Math experts(https://calendly.com/mathrevolution/1-on-1-session) before you kick-start your preparation in order to achieve your target score in the next attempt.

You can also get detailed advice on your current study plans.

Since you need a lot of improvement to achieve your target score, 1-on -1 tutoring can also be helpful to you(https://www.mathrevolution.com/gmat/online_02tutoring). We offer tutoring at the most competitive rates.

We appreciate your time and patience in reading this reply.

Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us at info@mathrevolution.com.

Success is within your reach.
Good luck!

Punit Joshi
Math Revolution Team
GMATWhiz Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 1800 [0]
Given Kudos: 68
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GMAT 2: 760 Q51 V40
Send PM
Expert Reply
cecesmith wrote:
I took the GMAT in January and did very poorly! I got a 250... and need at least 450. I believe a private tutor will be the best thing for me. I am between Magoosh and Kaplan. I cannot decide which one is better and there is a huge price difference. I also don't need a high competitive score so I don't know if I need to spend as much for Kaplan. Any recommendations are appreciated!

Posted from my mobile device

Hi cecesmith,

I would suggest you to spend some time in analyzing the courses. Do a proper research, know in an out of them and choose the one which suits you the most. Having said that, there are a few parameters which you should keep in mind while evaluating the courses. You can go through this article to understand a few key factors that you should keep in mind while evaluating the online courses.

Having said that, we do offer private tutoring for the students who want personal attention from students. We employ a hybrid learning in which the tutor analyzes your performance on the dashboard and based on that, creates the content for the next session. This way, the learning would be much more effective as the teaching would focus more on your weak areas.

And I understand that it's a big decision to invest huge amount of money and time in a private tutoring. So, if you are apprehensive about how the teaching is going to be, I can arrange a free demo session for you so that you get a better idea of the course structure. You can get in touch with me using the below link.

Click here to schedule a call
GMAT Club Bot