Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 13:10 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 13:10

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [2]
Given Kudos: 47
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [2]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 53
Concentration: Operations, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V39
GPA: 3
WE:Engineering (Transportation)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation - MBA - Canada [#permalink]
Did you apply to any colleges ?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Good

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GPA: 3.65
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Profile Evaluation - MBA - Canada [#permalink]
Can someone please evaluate my profile for Top MBA programs in Canada?
As we are still in the midst of the pandemic, I am interested in applying to a Canadian MBA/EMBA program (one that gives a GMAT waiver is preferred).

My profile is as follows:

Nationality: Indian

Education:

Class 10th: 76%
Class 12th: 84%
Masters Control Systems Engg: The University of Sheffield, UK -- Y(2010), 68%
Bachelors in Electronics and Communication Engineering: Uttar Pradesh Technical University, India - Y(2008), 71.1%

Professional Experience: 10 years

Senior Program Manager in MasterCard with hands on expertise in managing the entire gamut of digital and payment processing business and banking.
Worked extensively in Core Payments (Dual & Single Message), Digital Products (MasterCard Digital Enablement Services),
QR Funding & Payment, Payment Gateway, cross border and domestic payments, Mobile Wallets (Google Pay, Samsung Pay, Xiomi Pay, Apple Pay),
acquiring and issuing authorizations, clearing and settlement, Card Management System including Debit Cards, Prepaid Cards & Credit Cards,
Vocalink Faster Payments Gateway, merchant acquiring, electronic financial switch.

Extra-curricular:
Education Volunteer, Women Empowerment Drive, Fundraising Assistance work for NGO's, University Orientation Assistant
I write poetry and couple of my pieces have been sent for publications

Why MBA?
Professional Growth

Possible Colleges:
Schulich School of Business, Ivey Business School, Sauder School of Business, Haskayne School of Business,
Desautels School of Management, Smith School of Business, Alberta school of business

Regards !
VP
VP
Status:Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Own Kudos [?]: 204 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools:HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Send PM
You can pursue MBA from the top 10 B-Schools in Canada with a GMAT score of 600 - 700+, with your chances improving with a higher score.

I am including the average GMAT scores of some of the top Canadian B-Schools here. Please keep in mind that the average for International students is another 20–30 points higher due to the competition.

Rotman School Of Management, University Of Toronto: 663

Ivey Business School, Western University: 670

HEC Montréal: 632

Schulich School of Business, York University: 660

Sauder School Of Business, University Of British Columbia: 641

Smith School Of Business, Queen’s University: 650

Alberta School Of Business, University Of Alberta: 630

Simon Fraser Univ-Beedie School of Business: 620

Mcmaster University - Degroote school of Business : 623

Saint Mary's University: Sobey School of Business: 590

You can visit our Website or try our Intelligent B-School Selector Tool for a better evaluation.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: IIMB EPGP'23
GMAT 1: 640 Q50 V25
Send PM
Profile Evaluation request for:
1: Top B School in Canada
2: Course suggestion other than regular 1 year MBA such as MSc in Marketing

Gmat Score: 640 (Q-50, V-25, IR-3) Age:37 Nationality: Indian
Target Sectors: Retail (1st priority) ; Consulting- Strategic : (2nd Priority) ; Venture Funding / Startup : (3rd priority)
Target Roles: Strategic Decision Making (general management) ; Growth Leader / Business Development (Sales and Marketing) ;

Work Experience:
• Total = 8+ years (2 years post BE and 6+ years post-MBA). This does not include 1.5 yrs of part-time work experience post MBA
• Launched two startups with a collective experience of more than 4 years working in them.
• Currently serving as Founder and CEO of Hundred Plus (Rural Retail - Ecommerce). I have initiated a planned exit from my startup and shall close down the organization by September 2021. Meanwhile, I have started accepting consulting assignments on a part-time and freelance basis.
• Worked at MNCs viz: HDFC Bank (1yr) and Idea Cellular Ltd (6 months).
• Served strong leadership roles involving Business Planning, Team Building, Product Management, P&L Accountability, Go-to-market Strategy, Category & Vendor Management, Distribution Channel Management, Wealth Management, Venture Funding, and Leading large Teams.

Educational Qualifications:
• MBA – SIBM-Pune (India’s tier-1 B school), Regular Full Time - 2010-12, CGPA (2.64/4.0)
• B.E.- BMSCE- Bangalore (one of the top 5 colleges in the state of Karnataka in India), Regular Full Time – 2004-08, Average %marks across all semesters – 67/100

Key Achievements:
• Authored the book “Bitcoin Basics: Logic and Magic of Digital Gold”, 2018
• Selected among India’s Top 30 promising Youth Leader, by Indo American Centre, sponsored by the US Department of State, 2019
• Invited as Mentor – Entrepreneurship Cell, IIM-Rohtak, 2019 and 2020
• Invited as Judge, B Plan Competition, IIT Delhi, Department of Management Studies, 2019 and 2020
• Selected at Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Entrepreneurial Bootcamp at Croatia, Europe, 2020

Community Connect:
• Took guest lectures at more than seven MBA colleges in India, 2018-21
• Rendered startup-consulting to more than 10 startups on a pro-bono basis, 2018-21
• Worked as Mentor-of-Change – Atal Innovation Mission, Niti Aayog, Government of India, 2019
• Guest Storyteller on Entrepreneurship at “The Loudspeaker”, 2017-18
• Volunteer Partner, Tech Delhi, contributing to the entrepreneurial ecosystem at Delhi/Ncr, 2017
VP
VP
Status:Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Own Kudos [?]: 204 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools:HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Send PM
Hi Gaurav,

You can refer to our post in this thread regarding the average GMAT scores for various Canadian programs. This will give you an idea about the chances, however, you have a very good profile overall. Entrepreneurship experience is highly valued in applicants for MBA programs and will definitely get you an interview call with the programs.

Your weakness however lies in your academics hence you will need to write very strong essays justifying that and highlighting your overall strengths more.

Apart from MBA, you can also consider Masters in Management programs for the premier business schools in Canada.

You can visit our Website or try our Intelligent B-School Selector Tool for a better evaluation.
Moderator:
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
1452 posts