Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 02:13 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 02:13

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 135
Send PM
Stern School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 539 [0]
Given Kudos: 219
Concentration: General Management, Technology
WE:Analyst (Computer Software)
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 3528 [1]
Given Kudos: 149
Schools: ISB
GPA: 3.31
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 396 [0]
Given Kudos: 114
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.15
WE:Accounting (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Re: [delete] [#permalink]
Go for Target test prep course. It is really good for Quant preparataion.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 135
Send PM
EducationAisle wrote:
ysldacosta wrote:
I just took the GMAT and scored Q39 V35 (610). I have a 3.5 GPA and my CPA license. I'm applying to part time MBA program school ranked between 10-15. Do you guys think I should cancel my score and retake it? I have 2 more days to decide before my cancellation period expires.

If the total score of 610 suffices for your part time MBA program, I would think that you can apply with this score (unless the MBA program is Finance focused, in which case the school would prefer a higher Quant score).

The average score is 630. It’s not finance focus, the recruiter specifically said they look at the candidates holistically. I’m wondering if my cpa license and gpa makes up for the low score.

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11664 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi ysldacosta,

If you are interested in a number of Top-20 Programs, then you would likely find it beneficial to speak with an Admissions Expert about your overall profile and plans. Those Experts should be able to answer your Admissions questions and help define the specific areas of your profile that could use some improvement. There's a Forum full of those Experts here:

https://gmatclub.com/forum/ask-admissio ... tants-124/

Depending on the strength of your OVERALL profile, a 610 might be enough to get you into School (but that Score would almost certainly be at the lower-end of that Schools acceptable 'GMAT range.' The Q39 could be an issue though. Many Business Schools view an Applicant's Quant Scaled Score as an indicator of how that Applicant might handle the 'academic side' of the Program - and a Q39 won't impress anyone. That score implies that you did okay on many of the "math" questions that you saw on Test Day, but you made a lot of little mistakes throughout the section and you missed out on LOTS of 'strategy-based' points. This is meant to say that by focusing on Quant Tactics, you'll be better able to increase your GMAT Score AND better impress how Business School Admissions Officers will view your potential to handle their respective Programs.

If you do choose to retest, then we have to examine your prior studies in more detail. Once you've decided on whether to retest or not, you should post back here (or you can PM me directly) and we can talk through your study options going forward.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 2102 [0]
Given Kudos: 77
Send PM
ysldacosta wrote:
EducationAisle wrote:
ysldacosta wrote:
I just took the GMAT and scored Q39 V35 (610). I have a 3.5 GPA and my CPA license. I'm applying to part time MBA program school ranked between 10-15. Do you guys think I should cancel my score and retake it? I have 2 more days to decide before my cancellation period expires.

If the total score of 610 suffices for your part time MBA program, I would think that you can apply with this score (unless the MBA program is Finance focused, in which case the school would prefer a higher Quant score).

The average score is 630. It’s not finance focus, the recruiter specifically said they look at the candidates holistically. I’m wondering if my cpa license and gpa makes up for the low score.

Posted from my mobile device

What were your practice exam scores? Kindly provide the split of scores that you got in each of your exams?

How long have you been preparing? What resources did you use to prepare for the exam?

What is the last date of your application?
GMAT Club Bot