Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 04:43 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 04:43

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, weโ€™ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date

What changes to the decision tracker FORM would you suggest?

You may select up to 4 options
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72865 [1]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 969 [2]
Given Kudos: 139
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72865 [0]
Send PM
BSchool Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 392 [1]
Given Kudos: 93
GRE 1: Q166 V159

GRE 2: Q165 V156

GRE 3: Q166 V159
GPA: 3.85
Send PM
Re: POLL: GMAT Club Decision Tracker Feedback [#permalink]
Kudos
Hi BB ,

Some thoughts I hope I am not making it super-complex

-We do understand nationality is the major criterion for diversity but I have seen lately that overrepresented nationalities with International experiences are often forgiven for their lower/average GRE/GMAT. Especially true for Middle-East countries where 90% of people are ex-pats but still belong to over-represented nationalities so perhaps asking for an international experience or resident country will help

-Not sure if the Decision tracker already updates you for which round you are applied and got the decision, so maybe that can e considered too.

-Agree with the user above on Gender preferences.

-If I have to remove one thing, I will remove the target industry.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
GPA: 3.15
Send PM
Kudos
I would like GMAT/GRE and GPA to be a mandatory field. But I understand the limitations there for international students.

Possibly add a field if they used an admissions consultant? Does not have to state who, but it would be nice to see if that is something that helped their application.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 969 [1]
Given Kudos: 139
Send PM
Kudos
bb wrote:
wow. At 4:22 at GMAT Club - that is dedication :thumbsup: :cool:

Businessconquerer wrote:
bb wrote:
Hi Everyone!

Our decision tracker form has grown quite large over the years and I am wondering if we should shrink it a bit. What do you all think?
Alternatively, do you think we should add anything to it?

Here are my thoughts/ideas (below). Would love to include your input as well :thumbsup:

-

I think the only things that help make the decision is-
1. Nationality- country only (First filter I use)
2. Gender/ Sexual preference (Add this one)
3. GMAT score [ (I only see the full score- also we can make split reporting optional) Also GPA reporting can be optional, schools have percentage system in India and scales vary- matters very less anyways]
4. Adding a firm scholarship amount will actually be beneficial in negotiation
5. Current industry.

I don't need to see anything else to see if I would fit in a school other than the above factors.4
It is 4:22 AM and I am writing this, I hope you take this into consideration.

Also, I mailed you over the idea to merge the Decision tracker with GMAT Club chat and create a separate chat app already- this can actually be more beneficial as it will give you the edge over https://gmatclub.com/chat since people will get notified on the decisions and the statistics on the chat. (I seriously think it will increase GMAT Club's presence in the newly entered Messengers industry- there are possible ways to keep the people on the chat by adding a few relevant features that I can talk in depth on if you consider this option)

I am not a tech person but there is so much you can do, why hold back?

Thank you bb
Not that mine has ever paid off but I survive :tongue_opt3 :tongue_opt3 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I sincerely think that the suggestions are helpful. But I only am working within compartmentalization here. If I get any SWOT data or any reservations, probably, I can find better useful suggestions.

But let's face it, it is basically statistical diversity that matters- we can produce credible results based on those. No body cares about individual expereinces. Yes. I do agree with the point of QA. International experience can add points so that could be used as an asterisk on the Work experience- showing that they got International ex
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [1]
Given Kudos: 66
Send PM
Kudos
Nationality (in addition to current location) would be helpful!
Also, a possibility to have GRE scores, and a possibility to indicate if one got his GMAT/GRE waived.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
Magicien99 wrote:
Nationality (in addition to current location) would be helpful!
Also, a possibility to have GRE scores, and a possibility to indicate if one got his GMAT/GRE waived.

Thank you! Very interesting point about the waiver (some people indeed have their score waived) :thumbsup:
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72865 [2]
Send PM
POLL: GMAT Club Decision Tracker Feedback [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
I also realized that in the decision tracker filters we do not show the round. I think that's important and helpful to be able to filter by round. What do you think?
Attachments

rounds2.gif
rounds2.gif [ 36.71 KiB | Viewed 3631 times ]

BSchool Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 392 [0]

Send PM
bb wrote:
I also realized that in the decision tracker filters we do not show the round. I think that's important and helpful to be able to filter by round. What do you think?

Hi BB ,

Yes this is what I wrote in my suggestion above but didn't phrase it clearly

Quote:
"
Not sure if the Decision tracker already updates you for which round you applied for and got the decision, so maybe that can be considered too.
"
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [0]
Given Kudos: 66
Send PM
bb wrote:

It would not hurt :)
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8831 [1]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
QuabityAssurance wrote:
Hi BB ,

-Not sure if the Decision tracker already updates you for which round you are applied and got the decision, so maybe that can e considered too.

Thanks, QuabityAssurance for the suggestions :) We already track the Round information in the decision tracker. If you go to any school's specific decision tracker, you can filter the information using the Rounds. Check the following screenshot for example. I agree we can include Round as an option in the decision tracker filters.

Attachment:
Screenshot 2021-02-26 at 7.03.17 PM.png
Screenshot 2021-02-26 at 7.03.17 PM.png [ 62.65 KiB | Viewed 3584 times ]
BSchool Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 392 [0]

Send PM
I meant the decision filter

Posted from my mobile device
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 8831 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
QuabityAssurance wrote:
I meant the decision filter

Got it QuabityAssurance I agree :)
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
One other improvement that I would suggest for the decision tracker is to retain some of the previous information.

For example, I have received an interview invite from Sloan on Feb 3rd. Then, I update my status to "Admitted" on March 10th. Now if I go to Sloan's decision tracker, and filter only "Invited to interview", I see a record for March 10th. In this case, a record for Feb 3rd would be more helpful to know when actually the interview invite decisions are sent out. Instead of keeping only one record for "Admitted on March 10th", we can actually retain the previous information and keep 2 records, one for "Invited to interview on Feb 3rd" and the other for "Admitted on March 10th"
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 502 [2]
Given Kudos: 250
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
WE:Marketing (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos
bb I strongly feel that we could do away with "Target Industry" since I don't think it has a strong bearing on the admission (the ST and LT goals matter to schools but for different reasons) and everyone and their mom, dad, and dogs and cats recruit for consulting anyway once they get to school.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 502 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
This is a fantastic observation and something that I noticed too. I think this would really address the anxiety and uncetainty of applicants in any cycle around interview release dates from previous years or estimating rolling invite timelines.

Also, preserving stage-wise results for each applicant can let the DT user visualize the funnel so much better. As an applicant, if I could see how many applied, how many were invited to interview, how many admitted/waitlisted/dinged, and dig into individual stats if I wanted to do so, that would be so much better.

Nikhil wrote:
One other improvement that I would suggest for the decision tracker is to retain some of the previous information.

For example, I have received an interview invite from Sloan on Feb 3rd. Then, I update my status to "Admitted" on March 10th. Now if I go to Sloan's decision tracker, and filter only "Invited to interview", I see a record for March 10th. In this case, a record for Feb 3rd would be more helpful to know when actually the interview invite decisions are sent out. Instead of keeping only one record for "Admitted on March 10th", we can actually retain the previous information and keep 2 records, one for "Invited to interview on Feb 3rd" and the other for "Admitted on March 10th"
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
Thank you guys for the suggestions!
I was actually under the impression that if somebody updated their records, they would be saved but maybe thatโ€™s no longer true and if somebody change the records from one status to another, it removes their precious ones.... we will see I guess ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 502 [0]
Send PM
While we are on the topic of preserving records, I have noticed a strange trend. I was updating DT for myself, filing up the dings I got at Booth and Sloan :roll: when I noticed a flurry of withdrawn applications in the decision tracker feed for those schools - there was the first wave of deleted records around the interview invite and then a second wave around final decisions. Safe to assume, these were people who got dinged who didn't want the ding flashing against their name and that this behavior is consistent across schools.

Currently, there's no way to find out what was the status of the user before they "withdrew" the application - it could be not submitted, denied without an interview, denied with an interview, or perhaps waitlisted. Also, the username against "withdrawn application" entries are of three types - 'deleted record,' 'private,' or the actual username. I don't know what's the difference between the first two.

I'm not entirely certain if we can prevent the actual behavior of deleting/withdrawing entries from DT, since it's a deep-rooted issue of pride, insecurity, etc. but can we find a workaround to keep a copy of their record anonymously? This could solve both their need and ours.

bb wrote:
Thank you guys for the suggestions!
I was actually under the impression that if somebody updated their records, they would be saved but maybe thatโ€™s no longer true and if somebody change the records from one status to another, it removes their precious ones.... we will see I guess ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

MBA Section Director
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Add the "Test waived off" option in the decision tracker. This was suggested by QuabityAssurance
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2