Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 02:08 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 02:08

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 236
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V39
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22050 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Advice for the next step [#permalink]
ScottTargetTestPrep wrote:
Nik11 wrote:

Hi Nik11,

When do you plan to take your next official practice exam?

How have the latest practice tests gone for you?
[/quote]

Just finished and I have some issues in understanding the results after drilling the subsets.
Aside the disappointing 650 (Q45, V34) that obviously leaves me far behind my target score, I noticed the following things:
- )in the Quant section I made literally a tons of silly mistakes, around half of the mistakes are silly and 4 guesses all wrong (2 for time lack and 2 not able to
solve in time).
-) I can't understand the Verbal score...:
- first I thought that the number of questions would have been equally or semi-equally splitted rather than literally casual. I got 16 fricking SC questions and
14 RC questions, just 6 CR questions.
- second, this is the aggregate: 4/6 CR questions right, 9/11 RC questions right, 8/13 SC questions right then since I was very short in time 6 geusses all
wrong

What do you think about?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1807 [1]
Given Kudos: 203
Send PM
Advice for the next step [#permalink]
Kudos
Something that you may need to consider. Try focusing, solving questions and understanding your weaker spots. Don't be obsessed with spending eight hours a day on studying. The amount of time matters less than what you are learning. Spending that much time everyday can also cause your scores to fall. Take care not to become tired and careless.

In the time you have left, practice solving SC questions untimed and understand every response. Read the explanations. See where you can improve. Since you are doing reasonably fine on CR and RC, you might want to spend your time on other topics. This isn't a huge amount of time, but it is the best you can do.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Nik11 wrote:

Hi Nik11,

[/quote]

Just Finished the second one
670(Q47,V35)
Obviously I have not time left so on Thursday the actual score probably will range from 630 to 680, far less than what I was aiming for (730).
I don't think to retake, but if I will, Do you think that I will be able to get any valuable improvement in 2 weeks of preparation? (full time, so 8-9h a day)

Thanks, I appreciate

Posted from my mobile device
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22050 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Expert Reply
Nik11 wrote:
Nik11 wrote:

Hi Nik11,

Just Finished the second one
670(Q47,V35)
Obviously I have not time left so on Thursday the actual score probably will range from 630 to 680, far less than what I was aiming for (730).
I don't think to retake, but if I will, Do you think that I will be able to get any valuable improvement in 2 weeks of preparation? (full time, so 8-9h a day)

Thanks, I appreciate

Posted from my mobile device[/quote]

I see it has been a few weeks since that practice exam. How are things coming along?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Posted from my mobile device[/quote]

I see it has been a few weeks since that practice exam. How are things coming along?[/quote]

Hi! This is what has happened since that mock:
I took my actual GMAT and went very bad---> 590 Q45, V27 IR 8
I've revised my schedule in the application process, eliminated some schools and decided to retake, taking around 3 weeks to prepare( 10 days are already gone). I'm using a more granular process in order to find where are my weaknesses. At the moment I've revised each singular category of Q questions at 500-600 level and my accuracy is 100%. I've moved to the 600-700 level always working for each kind taken alone and I've found the most important weak points and the minor ones. I've worked on each of them in order to get at least 90% accuracy in each section at this level and I've almost finished( about 3 days left for this phase). Afterwards I don't know if it makes sense to repeat this same process for the 700-800 level adding the GmatClub tests.

For the Verbal I've used a similar, if not identical, approach. Obviously in this case I've also a heavy focus on the SC theory since it is by far my greatest weakness. At the moment I'm stuck here:
500 level: 100% for each section achieved
600 level: 80% RC, 85 % CR, 65% SC

Any suggestion?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2