Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 01:43 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 01:43

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8832 [0]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 8832 [1]
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Re: Calling all Scheller(Georgia Tech)Applicants:2021 Intake Class of 2023 [#permalink]
Expert Reply
dbsheta

Are you currently attending Scheller program?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [1]
Given Kudos: 104
Send PM
Re: Calling all Scheller(Georgia Tech)Applicants:2021 Intake Class of 2023 [#permalink]
Kudos
Nikhil wrote:
onit

Did you apply to Scheller?

Yes Nikhil I did. Round 3.

Posted from my mobile device
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
onit wrote:
Nikhil wrote:
onit

Did you apply to Scheller?

Yes Nikhil I did. Round 3.

Got it onit Did you hear back from them or not yet?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 590 Q36 V35
GMAT 2: 660 Q45 V35
GPA: 3
WE:Architecture (Other)
Send PM
Waitlisted in Round 2 and I emailed the adcom about movement on the waitlist. Apparently they're looking at Round 3 applicants next week (March 8) and waitlist applicants will also be revisited. I asked for some advice and she said to retake the GMAT and get a score of 680+ because there have been a lot of solid applicants. It's a competitive year!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Send PM
Is there any https://gmatclub.com/chat group of admitted students?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hello,

I had some questions wondering if anyone on this thread could answer : I wanted to know with regards to grades and GPA :

If you had freshmen year coursework, and sophomore year coursework at one institute, but all your major related classes, upper level classes, and upper level electives at a second institute and the second institute was where you got your degree :
I wanted to know the following specifically {I know you look at both if submitted on the application}:
1) Would the GPA from the second institution be used in the GPA requirements, and for seeing where you fit in?
2) Would the GPA from the second institution since it has more major related courses , major and upper level courses have more importance than the GPA from the first institution?
If you completed a Masters before applying, would the order of priority be the transcript from Masters institution, transcript from bachelors degree granting institution and then transcripts from other or second institutions where only courses were taken having lower priority ?
Would the GPA from the first institution since it had your first year physics, second year physics, first and second year chemistry, math, english, oral communication, and intro electives only weigh less?

I wanted to know if lets say you made a single course P/NP in spring 2020 or any semester after like spring 2021 due to it not going so well due to the online instruction/ COVID,e tc. and that course was a major required course {like an ECE course} . would this go negatively against you in your application? I know applications are reviewed holistically , but would this specific scenario go against you.

I also wanted to know :

I wanted to know how the school looks at disciplinary history information is it just a case of the student had so and so sanction and since they had so and so sanction such as suspension or expulsion, automatic denial? which honestly does seem unfair if the student were to bounce back from it, finish their education, improve their grades, and engage in good work in work force, and in their university both in terms of grades, and other academic related involvement or activity.

9) Can a student be denied solely on the basis of the sanction?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [1]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 590 Q36 V35
GMAT 2: 660 Q45 V35
WE:Architecture (Other)
Send PM
Kudos
anirudhk2 wrote:
Hello,

I had some questions wondering if anyone on this thread could answer : I wanted to know with regards to grades and GPA :

If you had freshmen year coursework, and sophomore year coursework at one institute, but all your major related classes, upper level classes, and upper level electives at a second institute and the second institute was where you got your degree :
I wanted to know the following specifically {I know you look at both if submitted on the application}:
1) Would the GPA from the second institution be used in the GPA requirements, and for seeing where you fit in?
2) Would the GPA from the second institution since it has more major related courses , major and upper level courses have more importance than the GPA from the first institution?
If you completed a Masters before applying, would the order of priority be the transcript from Masters institution, transcript from bachelors degree granting institution and then transcripts from other or second institutions where only courses were taken having lower priority ?
Would the GPA from the first institution since it had your first year physics, second year physics, first and second year chemistry, math, english, oral communication, and intro electives only weigh less?

I wanted to know if lets say you made a single course P/NP in spring 2020 or any semester after like spring 2021 due to it not going so well due to the online instruction/ COVID,e tc. and that course was a major required course {like an ECE course} . would this go negatively against you in your application? I know applications are reviewed holistically , but would this specific scenario go against you.

I also wanted to know :

I wanted to know how the school looks at disciplinary history information is it just a case of the student had so and so sanction and since they had so and so sanction such as suspension or expulsion, automatic denial? which honestly does seem unfair if the student were to bounce back from it, finish their education, improve their grades, and engage in good work in work force, and in their university both in terms of grades, and other academic related involvement or activity.

9) Can a student be denied solely on the basis of the sanction?

anirudhk2, I'm going to try and answer this though I am not an admissions person:
I was told at a university (not GA Tech but they could be similar) that your undergraduate GPA matters the most because that is how rankings are determined. Your graduate school GPA will be taken into account as a part of their holistic review, but the undergraduate GPA is what is sent to the rankings people. If your total GPA between both schools is around the average, you have nothing to worry about. If not, you will need a GMAT score above their average score to make up for you lowering their average and affecting their rankings. Schools like Arizona State ask for your Junior/Senior year GPA separately from the total GPA to see how you improved over time -- others may do the same. I would definitely suggest you write an optional essay for every school you're applying to about your grades and describe why they suffered and how you improved. If you don't, schools will just make assumptions about your grades.
Regarding the academic discipline history, I think you also need to talk about that in your optional essay and how you've overcome that part of your life and have been successful post undergrad. Maybe reference your graduate school accolades if they are better. Hopefully this helps, but just understand that US News is what people use to find out where to apply, and US News requires schools to submit GMAT, GRE, and undergrad GPAs in their scoring. If a school doesn't, they get penalties for it.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 96
Concentration: Technology, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GMAT 2: 760 Q51 V41 (Online)
WE:Web Development (Computer Software)
Send PM
Hi, I'm not sure if this thread is active. I am trying to understand how Scheller's GRA works. Looking to talk to any current students (preferably international students) regarding this.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Operations, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 4
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
red97 wrote:
Hi, I'm not sure if this thread is active. I am trying to understand how Scheller's GRA works. Looking to talk to any current students (preferably international students) regarding this.

Even I am looking for an international student who can explain how GRA works.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Charu11111 wrote:
red97 wrote:

Even I am looking for an international student who can explain how GRA works.

Do let me know if you find any info in this regard!

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V38
Send PM
Same here. Charu and red97 lets connect. I have also been offered GRA

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Unassailable1991 wrote:

That'd be great.
Sidenote - I'm not able to access the Admitted Students Teams group that was shared over email.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Doing you my number, let's connect

Current Student
Send PM
Unassailable1991 wrote:

Yes absolutely
Current Student
Send PM
red97 wrote:
Unassailable1991 wrote:

That'd be great.
Sidenote - I'm not able to access the Admitted Students Teams group that was shared over email.

I have not tried to access it yet. Will check it.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Charu DMing you my contact

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
GRE 1: Q164 V163
GPA: 3.86
Send PM
Hi all ! I too am an international student and have been offered full Gra at Scheller. Does anyone know if they have applied / are planning to apply for the stem designation any time soon ?

GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts