Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 04:08 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 04:08

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 464 [1]
Given Kudos: 126
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 464 [0]
Given Kudos: 126
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Send PM
Personal MBA Coach Founder
Status:Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Wharton graduate - Helping applicants get into top global business schools since 2008
Affiliations: Wharton, MIT
Own Kudos [?]: 359 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Overall Client Admit Rate: 96%
Send PM
640 for Canadian Universities [#permalink]
Expert Reply
ayush777777777 wrote:
Hi,

I just gave my 2nd attempt and scored a 640 in GMAT with V34 and Q44.
I'm an Indian male, age 26, work ex : entrepreneur/start-up for 4 years in sustainable energy ( Solar ).
Served reputed and well known clients such as Zomato and Patanjali.
Undergraduate in Bachelor of Commerce (Hons) - Shri Ram College of Commerce (SRCC), University of Delhi ( NAAC-A+ credited college and University )
72.25% as overall aggregate in all the 6 semesters.
5 Internships in total which includes an NGO for blood donation and 2 marketing internships from multi-billion Dollar groups such as Patanjali and DS Group (catch spices).

Have a proven track record of exceptional leadership qualities both in college and post undergrad experience.

Would like to apply in top B-schools in Canada such as Rotman, Ivey, Mcgill, Schulic and Queens.
Want to know, based on my profile mentioned above along with the GMAT score, am I competitive enough or do I need to re-attempt GMAT for an improved score?

Thanks,
Ayush

Hi ayush777777777,

Your current work experience and past internships are strong. Great to hear that you feel you have plenty of leadership experience, as this will enhance your profile.

That said, I do recommend taking the GMAT again. A 640 is below the average for these top Canadian business schools. Even though some candidates with lower GPA and test scores may be admitted (and vice versa), you must set reasonable expectations.

You should aim to hit 700 since you are coming from a highly represented background. Personal MBA Coach can help you maximize your score via our customized tutoring services with tutors who have scored in the 99th percentile on the GMAT/GRE and are graduates of MIT, Harvard, and UPenn.

Do not hesitate to reach out to discuss how we can help boost your candidacy: scott@personalmbacoach.com.

Best,
Personal MBA Coach
GMAT Club Bot
640 for Canadian Universities [#permalink]