Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 07:31 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 07:31

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72867 [3]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 464 [5]
Given Kudos: 126
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Send PM
Re: Best advice on getting a 700+ [#permalink]
try to watch Thursdays with Ron videos fro youtube. they're the best study tutorials I've ever seen!
Target Test Prep is perfectly fine for quant section.
magoosh? ok, if you have any video tutorial that is explained by Chris Lele then you can go bro.

try to use 3rd party materials for concept learning. apply your learning to the official materials. you can use the following link for practice.
https://gmatclub.com/forum/search.php?view=search_tags
Math Revolution GMAT Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 16594 [3]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V42
GPA: 3.82
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
Expert Reply
Hello Sunitar18,

GMAT Club is one of the great platforms to get information about the GMAT official test, Study plan, Section wise instructions, etc.

To assist you better, we would request you to write back with the following questions:

1. What are your current score and target score? (You can mention the Diagnostic test score also)
2. How do you rate yourself in Quant and Verbal?

In a generalized way, to crack GMAT, you need a disciplined study plan, command on basic concepts, exposure to agile approaches, reliable resources, updated comprehensive material and mock tests, and an expert with whom you will be connected throughout your preparations.

The official GMAT exam will test the candidate’s ability to manage time, handle pressure, apply the learned concept, and score better. GMAT is not as easy as we assume. GMAT math is logic, rather than general math skill, and verbal is a real language test and a logic skill test of an individual.

You may also see to connect with experts online for your preparation.

As a GMAT instructor, I will first recommend taking our Free diagnostic test https://www.mathrevolution.com/diagnostic/dtExamMember and receiving a comprehensive study guide by topic. This test will clearly help you understand your weak areas. There are also many free materials available in the GMAT Club.

Time is precious and unstoppable at the same time. You can schedule a Comprehensive counseling session for 30 mins with one of our experts: https://calendly.com/mathrevolution/1-on-1-session for detailed advice on your study plans.

If you have a recent mock test-score available with break up, kindly send it back to me.

Your diagnostic score will clarify what plan you should adopt to beat the GMAT. An initial mock rating will help to understand your concept knowledge of both sections.

Since we are a math expert, we will recommend you go through our post on the GMAT club, which gives a complete break-down of Math. Breakdown of GMAT math questions and types: https://gmatclub.com/forum/overview-of- ... l#p1641411

We appreciate your time and patience in reading this reply.

Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us at info@mathrevolution.com

Success is within your reach.
Good luck!

Math Revolution Team
GMATWhiz Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 1800 [1]
Given Kudos: 68
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GMAT 2: 760 Q51 V40
Send PM
Best advice on getting a 700+ [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
sunitar18 wrote:
Hi everyone,

I am looking to take the GMAT within the next few months so that I can apply in round 1 during the next admission cycle. I am completely new to the GMAT and I want your best advice on how I should prepare effectively and efficiently. I am currently working full time and in banking so I don't have more than 2-3 hours on a weekday and can study all day on weekends.

I need your advice on what is the best study program to get... I am looking for something that will be thorough, teach me tricks, and help me track my progress. Thus far, I have been looking at Target Test Prep, Kaplan, and Magnoosh but can't decide on which one. If anyone has insights it would be greatly appreciated.

I also have the 2021 OG books and the manhattan books already... so if you could also give me your best advice on how to go through the material that would be great.

Thank you all in advance!!!

Hi sunitar18,

Start by taking an official mock to analyze your current level. Once you do that, note down your weak areas and start studying the concepts and the methodology of each topic. Only after you are done with these two, you have to move to practicing questions. GMAT is not a typical test in which just the conceptual knowledge is tested. It tests your application skills along with the conceptual knowledge. So, without learning the right methodology to solve questions, no matter how many questions you practice, your score will most likely remain stagnant. Make sure to focus more on the methodology during your preparation.

The right way to prepare for GMAT:

You can go through the articles below to understand the right way to prepare for GMAT.

How to start your GMAT Preparation?

How to effectively plan your studies for GMAT?

How to score 700+ on GMAT

I would suggest you to choose a resource which can help you with:

• Concepts
  • Methodology (Most important)
  • Standard questions
  • Their detailed solutions
  • Study plan

As you are a working professional, choose a course which can provide you a study plan as well. This way, you don't have to worry about what to study on any given day. The best thing to do would be to check out the free trials of the online courses out there and choose the one which suits you the most. But make sure you choose the one which can help you with the above factors. You can check out the below article to know more about the factors to consider while evaluating an online course.

Key factors to consider while evaluating an online course

And I would suggest you to check out the free trial of GMATWhiz before taking a decision. It provides you with a personalized study plan which is integrated with the course. You can also attend our free webinar series that we are currently running to learn a few strategies that will help you solve questions in a methodical way. You can register for the webinar series using the below link.

Registration Link: Click here

If you have any more queries regarding the study strategy, you can get in touch with me using the below link.

Click here to schedule a call

Originally posted by GMATWhizTeam on 07 Mar 2021, 23:24.
Last edited by GMATWhizTeam on 11 Mar 2021, 22:27, edited 1 time in total.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 3528 [1]
Given Kudos: 149
Schools: ISB
GPA: 3.31
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
sunitar18 wrote:
Hi everyone,

I am looking to take the GMAT within the next few months so that I can apply in round 1 during the next admission cycle. I am completely new to the GMAT and I want your best advice on how I should prepare effectively and efficiently. I am currently working full time and in banking so I don't have more than 2-3 hours on a weekday and can study all day on weekends.

I need your advice on what is the best study program to get... I am looking for something that will be thorough, teach me tricks, and help me track my progress. Thus far, I have been looking at Target Test Prep, Kaplan, and Magnoosh but can't decide on which one. If anyone has insights it would be greatly appreciated.

I also have the 2021 OG books and the manhattan books already... so if you could also give me your best advice on how to go through the material that would be great.

Thank you all in advance!!!

Hi sunitar18, you created a user-id on this forum more than 2 years back, and have now finally decided to start preparing. Clearly, you have been sitting on the idea of GMAT preparation for many years now.

In my experience, such candidates are more serious in their preparation, than those candidates who have just thought about GMAT.

So, good luck with your preparation. In terms of best source of preparation, I would suggest that you attend few free trial classes and then decide whatever you're more comfortable with.

Good luck with your prep!
GMAT Club Bot