Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 15:19 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 15:19

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [1]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Hi,

I'm looking to understand where my application lacks depth.
GMAT: 710 (Q50-V34) (I'll be giving it again, aiming for 750)
BACKGROUND: 25 years, Female

EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
CGPA: 7.81 (BITS Pilani: Top Tier engineering university in India) Major: Electrical with Minor: Finance
XII - 93.8%
X - 10 CGPA

WORK EXPERIENCE: 2 YEARS
UBS: Business Analyst
Have been working as a lead BA on multiple projects, started an educational series for the India UBS office a year ago, Learning Ambassador for my department.

COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
Volunteered for 2 yrs during college under a non-profit organization aimed at improving the education of nearby village children.
Volunteered under UBS community initiatives.

EXTRACURRICULARS:
District Level Badminton player, Corporate Cricket team, Crafting

POST MBA GOALS: Investment Banking

I would be highly grateful if you could help me out here.
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Tish2695,

Here are the areas where you lack depth and can improve, and questions for you to consider:

(1) GMAT score, particularly the Verbal section. Because you have a high Quant score, every extra point on the Verbal will have a disproportionately effect on your overall score.

(2) I need more clarity on your extracurricular activities? Your community involvement in college is terrific. What are "UBS community initiatives?" Do they take up a lot of time or were they once-a-year corporate sponsored events? Also, what is crafting? Is this something that you do recreationally? Is it an involved extracurricular activity?

(3) What are "multiple projects" at UBS? Your work accomplishments are very important and you kind of just glossed over them here. I am not saying you lack depth, but you need key work achievements if you are going to applying with only two years of experience.

(4) When are you applying and where do you want to go? While you obviously want to improve your profile overall, there are separate thresholds for different tiers of schools.

Thanks for sharing! Feel free to reply back with more information so we can further help you.

Best,
Admissionado
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Admissionado wrote:
Hi Tish2695,

Here are the areas where you lack depth and can improve, and questions for you to consider:

(1) GMAT score, particularly the Verbal section. Because you have a high Quant score, every extra point on the Verbal will have a disproportionately effect on your overall score.

(2) I need more clarity on your extracurricular activities? Your community involvement in college is terrific. What are "UBS community initiatives?" Do they take up a lot of time or were they once-a-year corporate sponsored events? Also, what is crafting? Is this something that you do recreationally? Is it an involved extracurricular activity?

(3) What are "multiple projects" at UBS? Your work accomplishments are very important and you kind of just glossed over them here. I am not saying you lack depth, but you need key work achievements if you are going to applying with only two years of experience.

(4) When are you applying and where do you want to go? While you obviously want to improve your profile overall, there are separate thresholds for different tiers of schools.

Thanks for sharing! Feel free to reply back with more information so we can further help you.

Best,
Admissionado

Thank you Admissionado!!
1. For GMAT, definitely. I'm working on improving my verbal score.
2. UBS community activities- so they are corporate-sponsored events. 3-4 times a year. I'm also currently volunteering for my college alumni assoc under fund-raising and mental health group. Crafting- is my go-to hobby, I would say. I love creating something different from everyday things like newspapers, or icecream sticks.
3. Projects range from fully technical to business functional. As a Business analyst, I do a lot of analysis for them, stakeholders meetings, and front-to-back delivery completeness. I'm an SME for the current project I'm working on. I also started a virtual education series for my department which benefits 500+ people.
4.I would apply for 2022. My target schools are - Columbia, Booth, NYU, Haas, Tepper, UCLA, and LBS.

Thank you for helping out.
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Tish2695:

This is great to hear! That's a good range of schools from reaches to targets. You might want to add a couple of safety schools as you are on the younger side for the average applicant age.

Good luck in the fall. Please reach out to us if you need help with any part of your application.

https://admissionado.com/free-consultation/

Kind regards,
Admissionado
Moderator:
Admissionado
9218 posts