Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 11:58 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 11:58

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72870 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation: Getting an MBA after law school [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi EsqtoMBA,

From the details you have provided, your targeted GMAT score can compensate for your low GPA. Talking about your work experience, you have not included extensive information, I recommend that you highlight the roles and responsibilities that you have undertaken in an impactful way. But with the details you have provided, you miss something. I need to know more about you to really take some wow points from your profile and guide you accordingly.

Your post-MBA goals are different from your past work so you will need to speak about a career change and your interest and aspirations thoroughly to the adcoms.

Overall, I’m missing a lot of details to evaluate your profile. If you’d like we are happy to hop on a call with you sometime this week to understand your profile better and help you with shortlisting the right schools. Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

Cheers!
Shantanu Sharma
Founder and Admissions Consultant, MBA and Beyond
Testimonials
Email: shantanu@mbaandbeyond.com
What s app: +65-97158525

EsqtoMBA wrote:
Current attorney here strongly considering attending business school (most likely entering in 2023).

Profile:
-Aiming for outstanding GMAT showing which I think is possible for me (+740). I scored very well on the LSAT and had a Dean's Scholarship to attend law school. I also passed a very difficult state bar exam, which—while very different than the GMAT—is easily one of the most hardcore exams out there.
-3.63 GPA in Undergrad from premier state school
-Law school GPA not so great from ~top 50 program (focused on gaining experience in law school and grades weren't my focus)
-Work experience includes mostly very good quality clerkship positions, internships, solo attorney work, and now working as an attorney recruiter for a recognizable, nationwide recruiting firm
-Keeping an active law license
-Age: on current timeline, would be sending in applications at age 29 after roughly 1.5 years of legal recruiting experience, but again, I also had impressive clerkships in law school.
-White male from the United States

Reason for attending B School:
-Minor career misalignment. I love the business aspects of legal practice, but I'm not interested in law firm culture.
-True desire to do more creative, fulfilling work in entertainment, video games, technology, marketing, etc.

Andrew Yang has a quote that perfectly echoes my thoughts:
“Working at a law firm was like a pie-eating contest, and if you won, your prize was more pie[.]”

Looking for a run-down of my odds at top MBA programs:

Harvard
UC Berkeley
Columbia
Yale
UCLA
Emory
INSEAD
LBS
Oxford
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Profile Evaluation: Getting an MBA after law school [#permalink]