Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 13:24 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 13:24

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GPA: 4
WE:Investment Banking (Venture Capital)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 725
Schools: ISB'22 (WA)
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: Harvard '23
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
GPA: 3.19
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
GRE 1: Q163 V162
GPA: 3.3
WE:General Management (Health Care)
Send PM
Re: Calling all ISB PGP Applicants - (2021 Intake) Class of 2022 [#permalink]
RaushanBhardwaj1 wrote:
Chennai lost 😐
Delhi won!! 🎆😎
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
Are all round 2 results out?
Current Student
Send PM
aaadi15 wrote:
Actually I have heard that people would prefer to go to US because the vaccination program is running well and a significant proportion of the population has been vaccinated. So in person classes there are more likely.

pankulbansal wrote:
aaadi15 wrote:
Out of this 807 number, would this have candidates that didn’t give deposit / withdrew their deposit because of admission to another school, eg in US?

Yes, this has all candidates. So if some leave isb to go to US, I wouldn’t know that number right now. But circling back to what shikha said, maybe a lot of people are not willing to go abroad this year because of covid

Yes, this is true. In fact so far at least 7 universities in the US have mandated vaccines for incoming students in the fall. They’ll most likely vaccinate everyone by fall. Many b-schools have announced in person classe. Unless something changes very drastically, most of the b schools in US will be functioning normally with minimal social distancing and COVID restrictions.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 131
Send PM
notaname wrote:
aaadi15 wrote:
Actually I have heard that people would prefer to go to US because the vaccination program is running well and a significant proportion of the population has been vaccinated. So in person classes there are more likely.

pankulbansal wrote:
[quote="aaadi15"]Out of this 807 number, would this have candidates that didn’t give deposit / withdrew their deposit because of admission to another school, eg in US?

Yes, this has all candidates. So if some leave isb to go to US, I wouldn’t know that number right now. But circling back to what shikha said, maybe a lot of people are not willing to go abroad this year because of covid

Yes, this is true. In fact so far at least 7 universities in the US have mandated vaccines for incoming students in the fall. They’ll most likely vaccinate everyone by fall. Many b-schools have announced in person classe. Unless something changes very drastically, most of the b schools in US will be functioning normally with minimal social distancing and COVID restrictions.[/quote] The vaccine isnt 100% protective against the virus, btw

SOOO............
Current Student
Send PM
shikhasing4 wrote:
notaname wrote:
aaadi15 wrote:

[quote="pankulbansal"][quote="aaadi15"]Out of this 807 number, would this have candidates that didn’t give deposit / withdrew their deposit because of admission to another school, eg in US?

Yes, this is true. In fact so far at least 7 universities in the US have mandated vaccines for incoming students in the fall. They’ll most likely vaccinate everyone by fall. Many b-schools have announced in person classe. Unless something changes very drastically, most of the b schools in US will be functioning normally with minimal social distancing and COVID restrictions.[/quote] The vaccine isnt 100% protective against the virus, btw[/quote]
It’s enough to confer herd immunity and vaccines are 100% effective in preventing severe disease. Whether we like it or not, most of the first world will function normally in 2022. Countries like India have quite a task cut out w.r.t. vaccination
Manager
Manager
Send PM
notaname wrote:
aaadi15 wrote:

pankulbansal wrote:
[quote="aaadi15"]Out of this 807 number, would this have candidates that didn’t give deposit / withdrew their deposit because of admission to another school, eg in US?

Yes, this is true. In fact so far at least 7 universities in the US have mandated vaccines for incoming students in the fall. They’ll most likely vaccinate everyone by fall. Many b-schools have announced in person classe. Unless something changes very drastically, most of the b schools in US will be functioning normally with minimal social distancing and COVID restrictions.[/quote] The vaccine is not 100% protective so the countries are not relying on vaccine , but rather still carrying on with precautionary measures such as- WFH/classes from home, etc

The vaccine is not 100% protective so the countries are not relying on vaccine , but rather still carrying on with precautionary measures such as- WFH/classes from home, etc

International immigration, i dont know how much of it will be allowed , considering the 2nd wave is already here in india

so classes starting offline in US, i dont know how much of it can happen

Originally posted by shikhasing4 on 10 Apr 2021, 11:14.
Last edited by shikhasing4 on 10 Apr 2021, 11:16, edited 2 times in total.
Current Student
Given Kudos: 47
Send PM
Many people I know have got their visa for the US - few others have appointments in the coming 1-2 months. The embassies have not restricted issuing visas.
shikhasing4 wrote:
International immigration, i dont know how much of it will be allowed , considering the 2nd wave is already here in india
Manager
Manager
Send PM
a friend of mine - working in canada told me that international travel is not allowed, and there is a fine of some xx (hefty) amount of CAD if someone chooses to travel internationally

anyway, LETS HOPE COVID goes away man!! Miss the normal world so much!!

Originally posted by shikhasing4 on 10 Apr 2021, 11:17.
Last edited by shikhasing4 on 10 Apr 2021, 11:19, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student
Send PM
International travel is not restricted - there are quarantine requirements that differ by country. I am not sure about the case of Canada you are mentioning - but a quick google search shows that they allow international travel, with the mandate of quarantine and testing.

shikhasing4 wrote:
a friend of mine - working in canada told me that international travel is not allowed, and there is a fine of some xx (hefty) amount of CAD if someone chooses to travel internationally
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
shikhasing4 wrote:
that is for travel. Not for students immigrating
Current Student
Given Kudos: 79
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V33
GMAT 2: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.26
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
rkanthet wrote:
What is ISB pgp class strength?
~900 I believe.
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8832 [0]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Expert Reply
ISB DECISION TRACKER

Updates for the last hour:

• Denied, 27 minutes ago, from India, GMAT:710 (Q49 V37), Industry: Computer Software, WE 80, heard via: email
  • Denied, 36 minutes ago, from India, GMAT:720 (Q48 V40), GPA: 3.48, Industry: Computer Software, WE 55, heard via: email

UPDATE YOUR STATUS
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 67
Schools: ISB'22
Send PM
S4G wrote:
nope
S4G, Any idea how the waitlist will be resolved this year? They said in their email they will reevaluate candidates, so does that mean they will score candidates irrespective of the rounds and send out admits based on this new score? or is it round wise with r1 WL getting first preference and so on?
Current Student
Send PM
I’m wondering what they can re evaluate candidates on, given they don’t allow for any updates (GMAT score, etc.) and won’t hold another interview...
ShardulPendharkar wrote:
S4G, Any idea how the waitlist will be resolved this year? They said in their email they will reevaluate candidates, so does that mean they will score candidates irrespective of the rounds and send out admits based on this new score? or is it round wise with r1 WL getting first preference and so on?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
That’s what ,they have already evaluated and henceforth,taken decisions on the basis of that.Then ,what do they mean by revaluation here in this case...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
Send PM
Probably re-evaluation means based on the current class dynamics who will fit better.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
lakshaytutlani wrote:
Probably re-evaluation means based on the current class dynamics who will fit better.
so IT ENGINEERS are automatically out of race
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  81   82   83   84   85  ...  109   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts