Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 08:46 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 08:46

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Tutor
Affiliations: Harvard University, A.B. with honors in Government, 2002
Own Kudos [?]: 2412 [0]
Given Kudos: 272
GMAT 1: 770 Q47 V48
GMAT 2: 730 Q44 V47
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V42
GMAT 4: 730 Q48 V42 (Online)
GRE 1: Q168 V169

GRE 2: Q170 V170
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [2]
Given Kudos: 35
Concentration: Leadership, Organizational Behavior
GMAT 1: 660 Q43 V38 (Online)
GMAT 2: 710 Q45 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.93
WE:General Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72880 [0]
Given Kudos: 18866
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Re: GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic] [#permalink]
Expert Reply
PS. Wow. This topic is 1 year old. I guess we could have a bday party for it ... 🤷‍♂️
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Send PM
bb - I was just being sarcastic, because it costs $25 for the test taker to reschedule exams right now, and the test maker is rescheduling, so by their logic, they should give us $25 for rescheduling our tests. Not going to happen, though, obviously. :D :cry: :lol:

bb wrote:
tydsheets wrote:
So GMAC is going to give US $25 because THEY are rescheduling our exams, right? What a joke. They should offer to let people cancel for full refund so we can just do test center and be done with it.

Is that what they are doing? I missed the $25 reference along the way.

P.S. I agree. I am sure you can probably reschedule it if you call and cancel and but that will cost you hours of your life... not sure it is worth the hassle. Sorry!
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 2412 [2]

Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
bb wrote:
PS. Wow. This topic is 1 year old. I guess we could have a bday party for it ... 🤷‍♂️

Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 2412 [1]

Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
UPDATE: I just received the email from GMAC stating that the current, "old" version of the GMAT online will be extended until 5/19.

Presumably, this means that the new, enhanced GMAT online won't be ready until at least 5/20.

Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
Thanks~! Just got the same email! It seems a tad confusing since first they said GMAT Online was permanent, then they said they are releasing the enhanced version, and now we have extended the current version. I am probably just not super smart, but to me the more clear subject line would have been "Enhanced GMAT online launch is rescheduled for until 5/20"

Slipping 6 weeks with development is not uncommon so I can see how there may need to be some grace but at the same time, they need to take care of the customers and applicants to earn the good will and provide people with an option to cancel pre-booked appointments and turn them into in-person test-center appointments.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
The people who are planning to take the GMAT online exam should opt for the centre based exams. Many people got a good score by cheating on the exam. It is possible to hack into the GMAT online exam by using two computers, people are charging around 3000-4000 USD for a score of 740+ on the exam and it is a matter of time before GMAC realises it. These people take the exam for you but use your camera feed or they can also control your desktop remotely by using a dummy computer.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 75 [0]
Given Kudos: 163
Schools: IIMA PGPX'23
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39 (Online)
Send PM
davey12744 wrote:
The people who are planning to take the GMAT online exam should opt for the centre based exams. Many people got a good score by cheating on the exam. It is possible to hack into the GMAT online exam by using two computers, people are charging around 3000-4000 USD for a score of 740+ on the exam and it is a matter of time before GMAC realises it. These people take the exam for you but use your camera feed or they can also control your desktop remotely by using a dummy computer.

Is this true? I have a GMAT online exam scheduled soon!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
sssanskaar wrote:
davey12744 wrote:

Is this true? I have a GMAT online exam scheduled soon!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

This is absolutely true. I think that it is unfair to all the people who have taken the exam.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.43
Send PM
davey12744 wrote:
sssanskaar wrote:
davey12744 wrote:

This is absolutely true. I think that it is unfair to all the people who have taken the exam.

OMG that is terrible! Has anybody experienced a lower score on the online version compared to the in person version?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Send PM
davey12744 - That is a pretty explosive allegation. Before people start freaking out, mind to tell us where you're hearing this? Is there any definitive proof or just hearsay?

davey12744 wrote:
sssanskaar wrote:
davey12744 wrote:

VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 464 [0]
Given Kudos: 126
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Send PM
About the said allegation - this happened in India

https://www.thehindu.com/education/grou ... 532981.ece

It is for GRE but I am sure there is something similar for GMAT

My own brother had his GRE but waited until test centers opened because it is definitely unfair for test takers

Regards,
HK
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Absolutely, this is not hearsay. It is happening on a formidable scale. Apparently, it's a very easy process.
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 2412 [1]

Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
UPDATE: registration is now open for the enhanced GMAT online starting 5/20.

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 231
GPA: 4
Send PM
Hey everyone,

I'm currently in a difficult situation because the enhanced version of the online GMAT will be as soon available as I expected.
I was looking forward to the new version because the disadvantages of the current online GMAT (no break between V & Q; fixed section-order) definitely influenced my performance during my last attempt.

My original plan was to take the online GMAT in the first week of May because the application deadline of my dream university is the 31st May (which should leave enough time to send the official scores).
Now I am a bit scared because taking the GMAT between the 22nd and 24th May is pretty close to the application deadline.
The last time I took the test in person, I got the confirmation of score report fulfillment one day after the test. If that would be the case, then there is no problem.
I didn't send the score of my online GMAT to any school, so I don't have any experience with that.

What do you think? How was your experience with the score report fulfillment?
Will 7-9 days be enough for the GMAC to send the scores of the enhanced online GMAT to my university?

Taking the test in person is unfortunately no option since the only test center in my area is booked out until July. Giving the current version of the online GMAT another try is also something I want to avoid at any cost.

Thank you for your advice.

Best regards
argerniki
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1807 [0]
Given Kudos: 203
Send PM
argerniki wrote:

Will 7-9 days be enough for the GMAC to send the scores of the enhanced online GMAT to my university?

GMAC have said that they can make scores available in a few hours or in less than one day. However, these timelines are unclear since GMAC do not respond to any specifics. 7-9 days may appear to be sufficient since the online score reporting times seem to have quicker turnarounds. This is only an informed guesstimate.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
You need to do it in a different way.
You need to duplicate the screen and then close the laptop so that the system has only 1 monitor. There should be NO mention of a second display anywhere in your display settings.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
You are still doing it wrong. You must choose PC Screen Only.

1. Unplug everything
2. Open your laptop lid - make sure you it is on and you did not mess something up.
3. Plug in the monitor and make sure it is set to duplicate
4. Close the laptop lid and it should switch to PC Screen only. If it does not switch to PC Screen Only, it won't work. Second screen only will NOT work.
5. Do not touch any other settings.

Genoa wrote:
bb wrote:
You need to do it in a different way.
You need to duplicate the screen and then close the laptop so that the system has only 1 monitor. There should be NO mention of a second display anywhere in your display settings.

Thank you very much for your help BB.
However, I am still not able to do it.

My laptop on the left is completely closed. Only the monitor in front of me is turned on
What would you suggest? I know this topic has been discussed many times but I don't know how to solve this issue now...
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  158   159   160   161   162  ...  183