Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 23:56 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 23:56

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.74
WE:Operations (Other)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Technology
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.74
WE:Operations (Other)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Chicago Booth Executive MBA Admits: 2021 Intake [#permalink]
Kudos
ChasingMBAdreams wrote:
I was not not waitlist, I applied for the final deadline on Apr 7th.

I'm confused, wasn't the R3 deadline April 1st? How long after your interview did it take for you to hear back? This must have been EMBA not FT, right. Congrats!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
eliwhittle wrote:
ChasingMBAdreams wrote:

I'm confused, wasn't the R3 deadline April 1st? How long after your interview did it take for you to hear back? This must have been EMBA not FT, right. Congrats!

Yes, this is for EMBA. The final deadline for EMBA is 04/07. My interview was on 4/20 and heard back today

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
ChasingMBAdreams wrote:
eliwhittle wrote:
ChasingMBAdreams wrote:

Yes, this is for EMBA. The final deadline for EMBA is 04/07. My interview was on 4/20 and heard back today

Congrats ChasingMBAdreams!

A couple quick questions. How were you notified (email/portal) or call? What was your EA? How strong is your background/application?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
tbone14 wrote:

A couple quick questions. How were you notified (email/portal) or call? What was your EA? How strong is your background/application?

Thank you. I got an email followed by a call from the associate director of admissions. My EA was 155 with QR: 18. I have 13+ years of experience in technology with 6+years of management experience.

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Kudos
ChasingMBAdreams wrote:
tbone14 wrote:

Thank you. I got an email followed by a call from the associate director of admissions. My EA was 155 with QR: 18. I have 13+ years of experience in technology with 6+years of management experience.

Congrats!
Which campus will you be attending from?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I’ll be attending the Chicago campus

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
tbone14 wrote:
Does anyone know how the waitlist works for the EMBA program? (I think all the R3 applicants for the EMBA got results today around the same time...)

My background is in healthcare and I hold an advanced degree (MD), with 6+ years in a management position. I submitted my application before the 4/7 deadline. My EA score was 150. I completed my interview on 4/21. Today, I got an automated email and updated pdf on their application page of my result. Waitlisted.

Have you tried reaching out to your admissions team contact to ask what you can do to get off the waitlist and be offered a spot?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
HulkSmash wrote:
tbone14 wrote:
Does anyone know how the waitlist works for the EMBA program? (I think all the R3 applicants for the EMBA got results today around the same time...)

My background is in healthcare and I hold an advanced degree (MD), with 6+ years in a management position. I submitted my application before the 4/7 deadline. My EA score was 150. I completed my interview on 4/21. Today, I got an automated email and updated pdf on their application page of my result. Waitlisted.

Have you tried reaching out to your admissions team contact to ask what you can do to get off the waitlist and be offered a spot?

I was debating whether or not to contact my alumnus interviewer or the admissions contact. The reality is that spots will only open up if an accepted applicant tells Booth they are choosing another school/offer. Some top schools (Harvard, Stanford) don’t offer the EMBA and some schools deadline (Wharton SF) has passed. The waitlist letter said they would have a definitive decision by 6/30. That’s a long 7 weeks...

Current Student
Send PM
tbone14 wrote:
HulkSmash wrote:
tbone14 wrote:

I was debating whether or not to contact my alumnus interviewer or the admissions contact. The reality is that spots will only open up if an accepted applicant tells Booth they are choosing another school/offer. Some top schools (Harvard, Stanford) don’t offer the EMBA and some schools deadline (Wharton SF) has passed. The waitlist letter said they would have a definitive decision by 6/30. That’s a long 7 weeks...

There's definitely no harm in reaching out to your admissions contact. You can make a case for yourself for sure.
It's quite likely that the quota of acceptance offers extended to applicants with a similar profile as yours is already full and that you have been waitlisted to see if anyone within that subset rejects their offer. Not sure if that makes sense. A genuinely enthusiastic nudge does go a long way.

Harvard and Stanford do have EMBA equivalents, PLD and MSx respectively. The two don't want their MBA brand to be diluted i suppose.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
Kudos
I got accepted. I got a call and email earlier this week.

EA 151.
3.7 GPA.
15 YRS. IT, Business.
Employer: Defense contractor.

I applied for Wharton and got rejected. I applied for Booth in R3 4/7 deadline for Chicago campus.

My experience during app process with both wharton/booth admissions has been GREAT!.

I will be attending.

Current Student
Send PM
kishorekodru wrote:
I got accepted. I got a call and email earlier this week.

EA 151.
3.7 GPA.
15 YRS. IT, Business.
Employer: Defense contractor.

I applied for Wharton and got rejected. I applied for Booth in R3 4/7 deadline for Chicago campus.

My experience during app process with both wharton/booth admissions has been GREAT!.

I will be attending.

Congrats!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hi everyone! I took EA last Saturday and am now finally done with all the application process. As I wait to hear back on the final decision, I have a quick question on scholarship for those who have already been accepted. Does the school inform you about the scholarship offer together with the final admission results? Does Booth offer good amount of scholarship? Please share your experiences, thank you!

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Can someone help me with the best practice on how to initiate the student loan process?
Current Student
Send PM
wellwood wrote:
Hi everyone! I took EA last Saturday and am now finally done with all the application process. As I wait to hear back on the final decision, I have a quick question on scholarship for those who have already been accepted. Does the school inform you about the scholarship offer together with the final admission results? Does Booth offer good amount of scholarship? Please share your experiences, thank you!

I think 9 out of 10 times, the acceptance offer includes any scholarship awarded. There is a pre-recorded session available for your information regarding scholarship amounts. You can ask your admissions coordinator to send you a link.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hi everyone! I just received the official acceptance email from Booth. I want to ask once again, for those who have been accepted and were awarded with scholarships, did you get notified on your scholarship offer/email on the same day together with your admissions decision email?

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Wanted to post an update.

I got a call last Friday before the holiday weekend, however I was unable to answer it. The online admissions portal was updated and I got an acceptance offer! I have until 6/18 to make a final decision. I also applied to Haas, and was given an offer there a week after I got waitlisted at Booth. I have given this a ton of thought the last few days, and I think I will be turning down the offer. While Booth is M7 and sometimes THE top business school, I think Haas aligns more with my future plans. There is more exposure to tech and startups in Silicon Valley. This has been a gutwrenching decision, but I am clearly leaning towards Haas...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
tbone14 wrote:
Wanted to post an update.

I got a call last Friday before the holiday weekend, however I was unable to answer it. The online admissions portal was updated and I got an acceptance offer! I have until 6/18 to make a final decision. I also applied to Haas, and was given an offer there a week after I got waitlisted at Booth. I have given this a ton of thought the last few days, and I think I will be turning down the offer. While Booth is M7 and sometimes THE top business school, I think Haas aligns more with my future plans. There is more exposure to tech and startups in Silicon Valley. This has been a gutwrenching decision, but I am clearly leaning towards Haas...

Its not about Booth = M7 or rankings. If Haas meets your long term career needs then its the right school.
So whats worth considering is
(1) approach to teaching management -- these are guaranteed different. I would recommend you talk to students and get a good capture
2) The point of "Exposure" to tech and startups will limit your broader Management sensibility which will matter at CXO levels when you hit there. At that time you would want friends working in multiple industries to get diverse perspectives.

Good luck with whatever you choose. Haas is a great choice if you made it!
Cheers
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts