Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 08:41 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 08:41

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 208
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 1304 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 79 [1]
Given Kudos: 266
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 560 Q48 V20
Send PM
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 5136 [1]
Given Kudos: 1431
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V51
Send PM
Re: test score accuracy [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
Adambhau wrote:
anirudhrao wrote:
How accurate is the Manhattan prep test scores compared to the real GMAT?

Quant is definitely harder than real Gmat. Verbal is almost similar. I would say, you can take talerance of 30 points. (+30/-30)

30 points is about right for many people, though I can add that some people see a larger difference, scoring even 60 or more points lower on Manhattan CATs than they do on the real thing.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 79 [1]
Given Kudos: 266
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 560 Q48 V20
Send PM
Kudos
MartyTargetTestPrep wrote:
Adambhau wrote:
anirudhrao wrote:

Quant is definitely harder than real Gmat. Verbal is almost similar. I would say, you can take talerance of 30 points. (+30/-30)

30 points is about right for many people, though I can add that some people see a larger difference, scoring even 60 or more points lower on Manhattan CATs than they do on the real thing.

Yes, I agree with that. On the positive side, there are more chances to get higher score in the quant. In the end it all depends on the performance on the test day. Do not get tensed, be calm and give a shot. :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [1]
Given Kudos: 61
Schools: Rotman '24
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 600 Q46 V25
Send PM
Kudos
anirudhrao wrote:

I got 600 on Manhattan mock 1 , and 650 on veritas and gmat prep 1 mock . This shall give u fair idea .
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11665 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi anirudhrao,

The scoring algorithm on the Official GMAT is far more complicated than most people realize. Since that algorithm is proprietary, no GMAT company has an exact match for it, thus CAT scores can vary a bit based on the 'biases' involved in their respective designs. While the most realistic CATs available are the 6 from GMAC, retaking a CAT that you've already taken is NOT a realistic way to assess your skills - since you will likely see some 'repeat' questions that you have already faced. Unfortunately, seeing even a couple of repeats can 'throw off' the Scoring Algorithm and impact your pacing, energy levels, fatigue, etc. (meaning that they would likely all appear to be better than they actually are). Thankfully, the CATs from Kaplan, MGMAT and Veritas are all 'close enough' to the real thing that they will provide you with a relatively realistic score assessment (assuming that you correctly take the CAT in a realistic fashion that matches the parameters that you will face when you take the Official GMAT). The MGMAT CATs are generally regarded as being a little tougher than the Official GMAT - but I've seen plenty of GMATers over the years who've had MGMAT CAT Scores that were almost identical to their Official Scores.

Before I can offer you any additional advice for your studies, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

Studies:
1) How long have you studied in total? How many hours do you typically study each week?
2) What study materials have you used so far?
3) On what dates (or approximate dates) did you take EACH of your CATs/mocks and how did you score on EACH (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for EACH)?

Goals:
4) What is your overall goal score?
5) When are you planning to apply to Business School and what Schools are you planning to apply to?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
GMATWhiz Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 1800 [0]
Given Kudos: 68
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GMAT 2: 760 Q51 V40
Send PM
Expert Reply
anirudhrao wrote:

Hi anirudhrao,

The Quant section of MGMAT mocks might be on a tougher side. So, your quant score might be less than your actual score. Having said that, did you take any official mocks? If yes, what were your scores in them?
GMAT Club Bot