Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 20:35 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 20:35

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [3]
Given Kudos: 69
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V32
GMAT 2: 690 Q47 V38
GMAT 3: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72861 [1]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [1]
Given Kudos: 45
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
GPA: 3.9
WE:Business Development (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 352 [1]
Given Kudos: 30
Concentration: International Business, Finance
GPA: 4
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: A roller coaster ride from 670 to 740 [#permalink]
Hi MarcMik

Congratulations for your achievement.
Thank you for sharing your journey.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
bb wrote:
Thank you for the debrief and congrats on your score! Sounds like a lengthy journey from Aug last year until May but just in time for the R1's!

Thank you! Definitely a lengthier journey than I first expected it to be, but it will be worth it if I get into one of my target schools :)

By the way, thank you so much for starting this forum. The questions banks, explanations and overall community are amazing!

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 96 [0]
Given Kudos: 60
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.49
WE:General Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Hi @MarcMick

That's a stellar score, and a very interesting journey, albeit a long one :)

I was wondering, since you have given both the Online & In-Person GMAT, did you perceive any difference in the difficulty level, especially for Quant? It's been well established that the Quant section in the Online format is harder (especially when compared to the Official Mocks), but I was wondering if even the in-person GMAT Quant question bank has been "upgraded" to a harder level or continues to be in line with what is it has been for the past few years.

This could be a key decision point for many test-takers in the near future considering which format of the exam they should take.

Thanks,
Sid.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
sp24 wrote:
Hi @MarcMick

That's a stellar score, and a very interesting journey, albeit a long one :)

I was wondering, since you have given both the Online & In-Person GMAT, did you perceive any difference in the difficulty level, especially for Quant? It's been well established that the Quant section in the Online format is harder (especially when compared to the Official Mocks), but I was wondering if even the in-person GMAT Quant question bank has been "upgraded" to a harder level or continues to be in line with what is it has been for the past few years.

This could be a key decision point for many test-takers in the near future considering which format of the exam they should take.

Thanks,
Sid.

Hi Sid,

Thank you!

I perceived the Quant section to be difficult in all 3 of my attempts - much harder than the official mocks every single time. In fact, I think the Quant section in my test centre experience was the most difficult of all three GMAT attempts. To put it into perspective, please see the following:

- Attempt #1: finished Quant with 4 mins to spare, scored Q49
- Attempt #2: finished Quant with 6 mins to spare, scored Q47
- Attempt #3: finished Quant with 1/6 of a min (10 seconds) to spare, scored just Q48

All the while, I scored Q50 in my last 3 OG mock attempts. As a matter of fact, I scored 710 (Q50, V35 ) OG mock #2 on 19th December, 2020 (2 weeks before my first attempt), then Q50 again on 2nd March 2021 for OG mock #5 and again on 3rd May 2021 for OG mock #6, but I was never able to score Q50 in the actual exam.

Now, maybe I never scored Q50 on the actual exams because nerves got the better of me. That is always a possibility. However, having attempted countless questions during my prep, I really do believe that the Quant section in the actual exams is far harder than in the official mocks. Also, I found the test centre exam to have the hardest Quant section out of all attempts.

Let me know if you have any further questions.
e-GMAT Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 30776 [0]
Given Kudos: 634
GMAT Date: 08-19-2020
Send PM
Expert Reply
Quote:
"About a month into using e-GMAT, I read Matthew Walker's wonderfully insightful book, Why We Sleep. A key learning from this book was that sleep not only consolidates memories, but also connects the dots between what you've recently learned and what you already knew."

This is one of my biggest TakeAways from this debrief. I have not been able to push myself to sleep for more than 7 hours. This probably is the push I need. Just ordered the kindle version

Quote:
"I organised everything for exam day the night before so I could minimise any thinking required on the day. I woke up at my usual time, ran 5k, stretched for 30 mins, showered, ate more than enough food then headed off to the test centre"

You did all this before your test. What time did you take the test?

Quote:
"I started with Quant and I was very relaxed. Halfway through Quant, I felt as though I was doing well as the question were quite tough (for me). I finished Quant under some time pressure then during the break"

It is interesting that even though you started with Quant, you were excellent on Verbal. This is a huge improvement for someone who would feel fatigued in the second section.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37300 posts