Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 19:27 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 19:27

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Given Kudos: 51
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Stratus Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 217 [0]
Given Kudos: 88
Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 69 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 4
Send PM
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Re: LBS Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi Karthik740,

I’ve already evaluated your profile for ISB, and I’d be happy to do it again for LBS. First of all, congratulations on your score, it’s great! The average GMAT score for LBS hovers around 710, and your GMAT score is above the average, so this part is pretty sorted for you. I think I have already highlighted the key points in your profile. The only thing that I would want to add is b-schools not only look at quantitative aspects but for qualitative aspects too. So you must bring impactful stories. LBS is interested in seeing MBA candidates that are likely to excel in long-term leadership positions. You must bring out cases, situations, and leadership positions you have held and help your organisations emerge from crisis or imminent trouble. The adventurous activities you performed are really cool! They exhibit your lively personality and will help you bring diversity to your profile. What’s going to matter most in your application is how you connect the experiential dots and build compelling stories to stand out from other pool of applicants.

Overall you have a decent profile. I would like to know significant aspects of your work experience to gauge your fit for LBS and other b-schools. Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

Let's Decode MBA Applications for US Schools

Cheers!
Shantanu Sharma
Founder and Admissions Consultant, MBA and Beyond
Testimonials
Email: shantanu@mbaandbeyond.com
What s app: +65-97158525
Ask MBA & Beyond- if you're concerned about any of your gaps in your profile & need direction

Karthik740 wrote:
Hi Please find below the required information for Profile Evaluation -:

Background: Chartered Accountant - Auditor at a Big 4
Nationality: Indian

EDUCATION
10th Standard (CBSE)- 84%
12th Standard (CBSE) - 93.4%
Bachelor of Commerce (Honors) Delhi University - 71% (First Division)
Professional Degree - Chartered Accountant (Institute of Chartered Accountants of India)
GMAT - 720 (Q50 V38)

Work Experience
Worked/working as an auditor in 3 of the Big 4's. (2014 onwards)

Short Term goal - Management Consulting in the Big 4's / MBB
Long Term goal - Private Equity

Extra curricular / Awards-:
- Secretary of Multiple clubs in college
- Among the 40 of the 500 people to be shortlisted for Delhi U-19 Ranji Team (State cricket team)
- Led the school cricket team/badminton team to interzonal/district competitions and was part of College, Delhi University, all the Big 4's cricket team (I play currently as well)
- Participated in multiple gaming tournaments organized by GamingMonk (format - Playstation 3/4)
- Performed many adventurous activities such as Paragliding, Parasailing, Cliff Jumping, River Rafting etc.

Any thoughts on the profile would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Karthik
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: LBS
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V29
Send PM
Narenn wrote:
PDwivedi21 wrote:
Hi Team,

I hope you are well in these unprecedented times.

Can you please review my profile for Executive MBA course? Sharing the profile in detail for different sections. Please find below.

DEMOGRAPHICS
- Indian
- 28 yrs

EDUCATION

INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (BHU) | B.Tech. | Civil Engineering | Distinction, GPA 4.0 | Varanasi, India | 06/11 – 05/15
- Founder, Ad Cloud 360 | Social media advertising firm
- International finalists (Top 10/2000 teams) in Google Online Marketing Challenge 2013
- Sponsorship Head, Technex 2014 | IITBHU’s Annual Science & Technology Fest with a footfall of over 10K
- Other
• Selected from 10K+ applicants for JY 2013, a 15-day entrepreneurial journey across India, backed by Google for Entrepreneurs, Coca Cola and Rolls Royce to learn from various successful firms such as Mindtree, Flipkart, Goonj, Barefoot college etc. in technology, agriculture and more

EXPERIENCE - Total of 66 months till date

Hi Pushendra, are you sure you are applying to Executive MBA program of LBS? I asked because avg work experience of an LBS EMBA student is 12 years. While they have accepted exceptional candidates with work experience as low as 5 years but still the proportion of such candidates is extremely low. You may want to try our "What are My Chances" tool developed by GMATClub to get detailed feedback on your candidacy. Here is the link https://gmatclub.com/forum/what-are-my- ... 09854.html

Hi Narenn!

Thank you so much for giving your time. This is to let you know that I have got the admission offer letter from LBS for EMBA Class of Sep 2023.

Once again thanks for your time and suggestions.

Best regards,
Pushpendra
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: LBS
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V29
Send PM
ARINGO wrote:
PDwivedi21 wrote:
Hi Team,

I hope you are well in these unprecedented times.

Can you please review my profile for Executive MBA course? Sharing the profile in detail for different sections. Please find below.

DEMOGRAPHICS
- Indian
- 28 yrs

EDUCATION

INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (BHU) | B.Tech. | Civil Engineering | Distinction, GPA 4.0 | Varanasi, India | 06/11 – 05/15
- Founder, Ad Cloud 360 | Social media advertising firm
- International finalists (Top 10/2000 teams) in Google Online Marketing Challenge 2013
- Sponsorship Head, Technex 2014 | IITBHU’s Annual Science & Technology Fest with a footfall of over 10K
- Other
• Selected from 10K+ applicants for JY 2013, a 15-day entrepreneurial journey across India, backed by Google for Entrepreneurs, Coca Cola and Rolls Royce to learn from various successful firms such as Mindtree, Flipkart, Goonj, Barefoot college etc. in technology, agriculture and more

EXPERIENCE - Total of 66 months till date

RECKITT BENCKISER INDIA PVT. LTD. | (Consumer goods producer of health, hygiene and home products) | Gurugram, India | 07/18 - Present
Product Manager | Measurement & Analytics Lead, Europe | 07/20 - Present
Key achievements

• Earned accelerated promotion from Sr. Business Analyst in 2020 and Data Scientist in 2019 against the company avg. of 2 yr for one promotion.
• Received highest performance evaluation (Top 1%) in 2020 and awarded “Strive for Excellence” award in Q3’2020
Results
• Saved over XXX media spend & generated XXX incremental net revenue in YEAR in 5 countries by measuring sales effectiveness across audiences & creatives and applying media learnings as regular business working in a cross functional team of XXX
• Country teams globally launched XXX A/B tests on digital media channels in 15 markets, covering XXX of global digital media investment, with overall ROI of XXX in YEAR as XX+ people from marketing, brand, media and consumer insights teams were trained on the utilization of product
• Reduced operating costs by over XXX and decreased turnaround time of sales effectiveness measurement of digital campaigns for XXX brands and XXX sub-brands by a big margin, from XXX to XXX months to XXX weeks, for Ecommerce team of country without compromising on quality and accuracy
• Optimized the cost by XXX by expanding the automated data acquisition capability for 4 countries
• Delivered XXX sub products under product in XXX months to support the measurement in the project intended to save XXX media spend and generate globally an incremental net revenue of XXX by year
Capability development | Automation of machine learning models
• Conceived the strategy, led the creation and headed the development team, managing XXX data scientists and XXX data engineers
• Trained a team of XXX data scientists from 7 countries on the capability
• Valued impact of the capability and presented a business case to senior management to assess the competitive effects versus manual capability
Cross functional collaborations
• Improved turnover time of sales effectiveness measurement from XXX months to XXX weeks for each of the XXX campaigns in 2 countries
o Implemented product on Google cloud working in a cross-functional team of XXX (design, engineering, marketing, and sales teams)
• Collaborate with data science, engineering, marketing & brand teams to identify & deliver new product solutions & enhance existing portfolio
Key account management
• Handle business projects across 6 countries working along-side Marketing director, media managers and brand managers
• Prepare, evaluate and summarize monthly learnings and plan reports for EVP & Area Director, Europe & SVP, Global business solutions

AXTRIA INDIA PVT. LTD. | (Management consulting firm specializing in marketing and sales force strategy) | Gurugram, India | 07/15 – 07/18
Senior Business Analyst | 04/17 – 07/18
Key achievements

• Earned accelerated promotion from Business Analyst in 2017 and Associate in 2016 against the company wide avg. of 2 yr for one promotion
Major consulting engagements
• Reduced client’s cost per rep by XXX (from €XXX to €XXX /month) for XXX sales reps in Europe for a global biopharma client ($5B in revenue)
o Instituted and formalized an optimization process to do multi-channel calls against single channel calls used previously
o Implemented SaaS projects on salesforce CRM working in a cross-functional team of XXX (development, business, and testing teams)
• Global healthcare solutions company ($30B in revenue) did a successful $XXXmillion acquisition of a point of care US marketing company
o Spearheaded the financial analysis to value the marketing company, leading a team of XXX business analyst and XXX associates
Product engagements
• Created predictive models and deployed as a software to assess financial impact of drug tier changes in policy for a US client ($2B in revenue)
o Worked in a team of XXX (design, business intelligence and analytics)
• Implemented final territory alignment software to create alternatives for geo deployment of sales force for a leading US pharmaceutical firm
Firm initiatives
• Served as a Professional development manager for two Associates
• Headed recruiting efforts at XXXXX for the Associate position
• Led a team of 15-members of Employee Welfare Club to conduct Axtria Premier League, a cricket tournament, for 3 consecutive years

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
• Captain of the Axtria Cricket Team (team of 15) for 2 years (04/16-05/18) and led to win multiple inter corporate tournaments.
• Working and traveling experience in Europe and Asia
• Entrepreneurship: Founded Suns Out Burns Out (https://www.sunsoutburnsout.com) in July’20 to provide morning online fitness workouts in groups. 300+ hours of sessions have been conducted till date and 15+ people have been benefitted from the sessions
• Avid marathoner (finished 10 till date). Finished Half Ironman and Olympic distance triathlon

GMAT Online : 650 (Q49, V29, IR 7)

Additional questions:

1. Can you please also suggest some scholarships which will be suitable for my profile?

I will be highly obliged to you for your help here.

Thanks in advance!
Pushpendra

Pushpendra hi

My name is Shimri Winters, I head the strategy here at ARINGO (and an LBS alumnus)

Thanks for sharing your very detailed profile and MBA aspirations
(by the way, you mentioned “Executive MBA” in your question – EMBA is a part-time degree for more experienced candidates, hence not relevant for you. You are aiming for a full-time MBA)

I will keep it short and say - you have a great profile (academics, work experience, and extracurricular activities are all great!) but low GMAT.

Your chances of getting accepted to LBS MBA program (average GMAT is ~710) or any other top school at LBS’s caliber are slim. Your chances for a scholarship? You get the picture…

What should you do?
Aim for a higher GMAT. You have time. applications for 2022 start in September. Round two is a year away. And if you can’t improve the GMAT, go for lower-ranked schools.

Sorry to be blunt and short. But honesty is the best policy…

You really do have a solid profile! But as you know, you come from an over-represented candidate pool, you will need a higher GMAT to be considered to LBS or other top top schools.

Happy to help further as always I am on Shimriw@ARINGO.com
But for now, GMAT GMAT GMAT (or rethinking your school list)

GOOD LUCK!
Shimri

Hi Shimri!

I hope you are well.

Thank you so much for giving your time. This is to let you know that I have got the admission offer letter from LBS for Executive MBA Class of Sep 2023.

Once again thanks for your time and suggestions.

Best regards,
Pushpendra
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [1]
Given Kudos: 79
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V33
GMAT 2: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.26
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
Hi GMAT Club community!

I'm hoping to apply to LBS and Oxford Said for an MBA this year (2022 intake)

Could you please share your thoughts on my profile below?

Indian, 23 (turning 24 in Sept'21), Male

Year 10th - 9.8/10 CGPA
Year 12th - 84.48%
Graduation - Engineering, Tier 2 Pvt. college, Information Technology, 8.15/10, Graduated in 2019
GMAT - 750 (Q50 V41 IR3 AWA4)

Extra-curricular activities - led events and teams in college, taught physics and mathematics to students of Class 11 and Class 12 for ~3 years while studying engineering, top 0.25percentile who got an offer from the most competitive and first recruiter that visited our campus

Employment - Analytics Consulting, completing 2 years in June'21
Decent number of achievements at work, took multiple initiatives, one of the youngest members to mentor junior members

Short term goal - Transitioning from Analytics Consulting to Strategy Consulting

Any thoughts on the profile (strengths and weaknesses) would be really helpful :)
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 1109 [1]
Given Kudos: 1752
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
knight2209 wrote:
Hi GMAT Club community!

Year 10th - 9.8/10 CGPA
Year 12th - 84.48%
Graduation - Engineering, Tier 2 Pvt. college, Information Technology, 8.15/10, Graduated in 2019

Extra-curricular activities - led events and teams in college, taught physics and mathematics to students of Class 11 and Class 12 for ~3 years while studying engineering, top 0.25percentile who got an offer from the most competitive and first recruiter that visited our campus

Decent number of achievements at work, took multiple initiatives, one of the youngest members to mentor junior members

Short term goal - Transitioning from Analytics Consulting to Strategy Consulting

Any thoughts on the profile (strengths and weaknesses) would be really helpful :)

Hi knight2209

Thanks for sharing your profile and MBA aspirations
My name is Shimri Winters, I head the strategy here at ARINGO (I am an LBS alumnus and was interviewing for the school for 7 years)

You have a very interesting profile!
    Academics – great undergraduate and GPA

GMAT – WOW! 750 is a great score ! for any school. IR is a bit bothering, but let’s hope your 41verbal dazzles them and they will ignore the not so good IR and average AWA

School wish list – I like your list! Very realistic especially if you add other top EU schools like Cambridge, HEC, or IESE for example

Extracurricular activities – nice!

Work Experience –so, this is your biggest advantage and disadvantage. You have a very good experience so far (I love the youngest person on the team that did X, Y, Z), BUT you are younger than most applicants with (currently) ~2 years of experience

What are your strengths:
    ALL the above 😊

What are your weaknesses:
    Two years of experience, no promotions to date. no international experience, no direct managerial experience

What I suggest doing:
1. consider adding more schools to your list
2. I would consider waiting for a further round or two (not to say a year), so you have more experience. The things I would like to see are: at least one promotion, some international exposure (either working abroad, or are least working with an international client from another country, or a team from abroad) and direct team management. If these happen in the next 8 months, then your Round 2 chances will be higher than your round 1 chances. Otherwise, just apply in R1, or consider postponing your MBA application by one year…

All in all - sounds like you have a very solid profile!
Just need to decide on the school list, the timing, and write perfect apps.

Happy to help further and perhaps work together on some amazing apps if you send me your CV and any other info to Shimriw@ARINGO.com

GOOD LUCK!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [1]
Given Kudos: 79
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V33
GMAT 2: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.26
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
ARINGO wrote:
knight2209 wrote:
Hi GMAT Club community!

Year 10th - 9.8/10 CGPA
Year 12th - 84.48%

Hi knight2209

My name is Shimri Winters, I head the strategy here at ARINGO (I am an LBS alumnus and was interviewing for the school for 7 years)

GMAT – WOW! 750 is a great score ! for any school. IR is a bit bothering, but let’s hope your 41verbal dazzles them and they will ignore the not so good IR and average AWA

School wish list – I like your list! Very realistic especially if you add other top EU schools like Cambridge, HEC, or IESE for example

Work Experience –so, this is your biggest advantage and disadvantage. You have a very good experience so far (I love the youngest person on the team that did X, Y, Z), BUT you are younger than most applicants with (currently) ~2 years of experience

What are your strengths:
    ALL the above 😊

Two years of experience, no promotions to date. no international experience, no direct managerial experience

What I suggest doing:
2. I would consider waiting for a further round or two (not to say a year), so you have more experience. The things I would like to see are: at least one promotion, some international exposure (either working abroad, or are least working with an international client from another country, or a team from abroad) and direct team management. If these happen in the next 8 months, then your Round 2 chances will be higher than your round 1 chances. Otherwise, just apply in R1, or consider postponing your MBA application by one year…

Happy to help further and perhaps work together on some amazing apps if you send me your CV and any other info to Shimriw@ARINGO.com

GOOD LUCK!

Thanks a ton for taking out the time, Shimri - this is really helpful :)

Couple of pointers (I now realize I should have spoken about them earlier):-
1. I am managing one/two junior team members already (I just felt "mentoring" is a better word as "managing" comes off a little too strong)
2. I'm hopeful of a promotion soon (would be a fast-tracked one if it happens); in case not now, definitely by the year-end.
3. I'm working for a big-pharma client (they're based out of Europe; with them right since the beginning of my career - ~22 months now)

Having said all this, do you think my profile stands a chance in top-tier European B-Schools (wherein the avg. work-ex is ~5ish years)?
I wouldn't be applicable for Cambridge Judge until June'22 :/ (I do not fit in the 3-year work-ex criteria)

P.S.: I'm a little too skeptical about my low IR. I had scored higher on my first attempt (690; IR5). Could that somehow be the saving grace?
Own Kudos [?]: 1109 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
knight2209 wrote:
ARINGO wrote:
knight2209 wrote:
Hi GMAT Club community!

Year 10th - 9.8/10 CGPA
Year 12th - 84.48%

Hi knight2209

What are your strengths:
    ALL the above 😊

What I suggest doing:

GOOD LUCK!

Thanks a ton for taking out the time, Shimri - this is really helpful :)

Couple of pointers (I now realize I should have spoken about them earlier):-
1. I am managing one/two junior team members already (I just felt "mentoring" is a better word as "managing" comes off a little too strong)
2. I'm hopeful of a promotion soon (would be a fast-tracked one if it happens); in case not now, definitely by the year-end.
3. I'm working for a big-pharma client (they're based out of Europe; with them right since the beginning of my career - ~22 months now)

Having said all this, do you think my profile stands a chance in top-tier European B-Schools (wherein the avg. work-ex is ~5ish years)?
I wouldn't be applicable for Cambridge Judge until June'22 :/ (I do not fit in the 3-year work-ex criteria)

P.S.: I'm a little too skeptical about my low IR. I had scored higher on my first attempt (690; IR5). Could that somehow be the saving grace?

Hi knight2209
Happy to see these pointers...
Working with international clients + managerial experience is GREAT
and I would wait with your application till after you get promoted (even if this means R2)

YES, I do think you have a chance at the top European MBA programs, even with a ~3-year work experience vs. the average 4-6
Naturally, as I said in my previous comment, the more you wait, and gain managerial experience, international exposure and a promotion, the higher your chances might be!

Hope this helps.
IR-3. it is what it is. and you might want to explain this in the online application (LBS have in their online application a question that asks something like: "do your scores represent your academic ability" and you can comment there on the IR-3...

GOOD LUCK!
Shimri
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Technology, Other
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V30
GMAT 2: 730 Q51 V37
GPA: 3.5
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
Hello Community!

I'm planning to apply to LBS for the upcoming round 1 deadlines and would like to know your take on the chances I have with my current profile and where to improve. My story is as goes.

Background: Indian, Male 27 years old.

I did my B.Tech from a top 50 college in the country and My academics are as below.

10th CBSE :94%
12th CBSE: 94.2%

GMAT: Preparing. Hoping to end up within 740 range within the next two months.

B.Tech : 73.2% (7.8 GPA)

Extra curriculars during graduation: Head of a quizzing community, Played football for my college team, Curated a TEDx Independent event, Participated and won events across colleges for quizzing and electronics based competitions.

Work Exp:

2015 June to December: Embedded Arch engineer in a startup which had seed funding of $100K before round 1. Was part of the electronic design of a product from scratch. Part of a kickstarter campaign which did not go live. Donned multiple hats including customer and market research for product as well as lead the content management team for company.

2015 December to present: Tech consulting at Big 4. Mainly coding for UI/UX design along with design decisions. Got promoted twice in 5 years. Currently into technical project management with multiple leadership and extracurricular roles during the tenure. Have not travelled internationally for work, but have worked with teams across the globe (China, Ukraine, Australia, UK and USA). Have travelled across the country for work.

I'm also a professional musician whos band has performed across festivals and venues such as hard rock cafe etc over the country. Our original compositions are reviewed by magazines and available in digital streaming platforms. I'm also having a solo classical music career.

Extra Curriculars: Music as mentioned above, been part of music communities as well as conducted events in my company. I play football for my company team and my alumni team. Volunteered for cancer societies especially with respect to donation of hair for wig making. I have grown and donated my hair for this cause.

Short and long term MBA Goal: Move into product management at a tech company. I have worked in UI/UX, project management as well as product design (during startup days) and would like to go down this path.

Schools Targeted: INSEAD, LBS, Cambridge, ISB , Oxford.

Would like to know your thoughts on my profile and where to focus/improve. Thanks in advance!
Own Kudos [?]: 1109 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
karakootildasan wrote:
Hello Community!

I'm planning to apply to LBS for the upcoming round 1 deadlines and would like to know your take on the chances I have with my current profile and where to improve. My story is as goes.

Background: Indian, Male 27 years old.

I did my B.Tech from a top 50 college in the country and My academics are as below.

10th CBSE :94%
12th CBSE: 94.2%

GMAT: Preparing. Hoping to end up within 740 range within the next two months.

B.Tech : 73.2% (7.8 GPA)

Extra curriculars during graduation: Head of a quizzing community, Played football for my college team, Curated a TEDx Independent event, Participated and won events across colleges for quizzing and electronics based competitions.

Work Exp:

2015 June to December: Embedded Arch engineer in a startup which had seed funding of $100K before round 1. Was part of the electronic design of a product from scratch. Part of a kickstarter campaign which did not go live. Donned multiple hats including customer and market research for product as well as lead the content management team for company.

2015 December to present: Tech consulting at Big 4. Mainly coding for UI/UX design along with design decisions. Got promoted twice in 5 years. Currently into technical project management with multiple leadership and extracurricular roles during the tenure. Have not travelled internationally for work, but have worked with teams across the globe (China, Ukraine, Australia, UK and USA). Have travelled across the country for work.

I'm also a professional musician whos band has performed across festivals and venues such as hard rock cafe etc over the country. Our original compositions are reviewed by magazines and available in digital streaming platforms. I'm also having a solo classical music career.

Extra Curriculars: Music as mentioned above, been part of music communities as well as conducted events in my company. I play football for my company team and my alumni team. Volunteered for cancer societies especially with respect to donation of hair for wig making. I have grown and donated my hair for this cause.

Short and long term MBA Goal: Move into product management at a tech company. I have worked in UI/UX, project management as well as product design (during startup days) and would like to go down this path.

Schools Targeted: INSEAD, LBS, Cambridge, ISB , Oxford.

Would like to know your thoughts on my profile and where to focus/improve. Thanks in advance!

Hi karakootildasan

My name is Shimri Winters (LBS alumnus and former interviewer for LBS)
I head the strategy team here at ARINGO

You have a very interesting profile! From what I can see:
    Academics – great undergraduate and GPA!

GMAT - the big mystery. All we can do is wait. 740 would be amazing, but let’s wait and see. I will tell you that even if you miss R1, it is worth it if you can score 20 points more in the GMAT…so don’t rush, score the best possible score

Extracurricular activities – I love your volunteering activities and very happy to see you have such a strong music passion?

Career goals– Moving to PM makes total sense (combining tech and business skills). Long-term. I would love to see something ambitious (head of product, VP or even found your own company)

Work Experience – well, here I need to understand more. Big 3 consulting sounds good, but. A. did you have any promotions? B. any managerial experience c. do you work directly with clients d. who do you work with from the client-side e. who are the clients? F. any international experience etc. sounds like you have most of this, but I need to see your full CV and understand your story here

School wish list– need to hear back about the above work experience questions and wait for your GMAT to give you a chances estimation – but sounds like you are going for the right list of schools, especially if the GMAT actually hits your target score of 740

All in all, sounds like you have a solid profile!
For now, the only thing you should think about is the GMAT! Once that is finished, we can discuss your chances and the next steps.
Happy to help further with a detailed review and perhaps work together on some amazing apps and once you have an actual GMAT score, please send me your CV and any other info to Shimriw@ARINGO.com

GOOD LUCK!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Technology, Other
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V30
GMAT 2: 730 Q51 V37
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Hello Shimri,

Thank you for taking a look at my profile. To answer your questions on work experience part. I got two promotions in 5 years, one of which was a year ahead of schedule. I have been a team lead for ui/ux design and implementation for the past couple of years and been involved in mid tier project management. I've been mainly working in the energy sector and my clients are some of the biggest Oil and natural gas companies as well as professional service providers, with whom I have direct interactions on a daily basis. The client personnel I have worked with range from program managers to analysts. International experience wise, I have not travelled to client locations and worked there yet, but I have worked with teams across geographical locations as mentioned above.

I shall connect with you once I get to my target gmat score. Do let me know if you have any more suggestions till then. Thanks for taking your time to review my profile.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 96 [0]
Given Kudos: 42
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GRE 1: Q164 V158
Send PM
Greetings,

I am planning to apply in round 1 for LBS full time MBA program.

Background: Indian, Male, 27

-10th - 80.46%
-12th - 80.67%
-Bachelors of Engineering (Electronics & Communications, class of 2014) - Four year aggregate of 55% with some arrears which we cleared off during college -itself (I am deeply concerned about this part)
- GMAT scheduled in next month, my mock scores are in the range of 680-720

Work experience: Total 6.4 years

3.5 years --> Boutique cyber security consulting startup in India

- It was a new team with only 3 people. I along with my manager setup their security operations center from scratch. We grew the team from 3 members to 85 members in 3.5 years bringing in 15+ major clients amounting total revenue of more than 1 million $
- Formed and led their new 24/7 team which was part of their security operations center. Carried out and led more than 20 projects with the team.
- Carried out some short term international engagements in middle east
- I received excellence award for 2 consecutive years (Among total 400 employees)
- Received 3 promotions in 3 years
- Started as an intern, left as an specialist

1.8 years --> Big4 Consulting firm in India

- Started as consultant, led the Cyber transformation project for their biggest insurance client.
- Led a team of 4 consultants onsite
- Among >1% to receive early promotion --> promoted from Consultant to Senior Consultant
- Received an award for the project I led
- Left the organization as Senior Consultant

1.1 years --> One of the biggest investment banks in the world --> this is my current role

- Working with global team of highly technical individuals performing advanced cyber operation tests
- Among only 2 people from India to be part of the team (rest of the team is in UK and Poland)

Other than above experience, I co-founded a software development company and ran it for around 3 years part-time with my co-founder. honestly, this was formed to earn external income to pay our undergrad education loans. At the end of 3 years, the revenue of the company was around 35000 USD (25 lakh INR). We closed down the operations to focus more on the individual careers.

Extra-Curriculars
- Worked with local NGO for 1 year helping several people on mental illness
- Was Vice-President for student council in undergrad college
- Have more than 10 global technical certifications in fields like cloud computing, cyber security etc.

Why MBA?

As you must have noticed by now, I have tech consulting experience in highly niche domain of cyber security. Cyber security is a support function in most organizations and there is a glass ceiling to growth. Also being in support role, I won't ever be able to break into business side of things.

Post-MBA goals?

Plan A: I would like to move into strategy consulting role. given I already have a consulting experience i am used to work style in consulting

Plan B: Product Management in FAANG --> here I can utilize my technical skills along with the business skills i would learn during MBA

Long term goal: Start my own tech-product firm

Why LBS
- LBS has a 15 month program unlike 2 years programs in US schools which means I can go back to work early
- LBS is consulting heavy school, so getting into strategy consulting will be easier than other schools.
- Post-MBA, I would like to work in London.

Questions
1. Does my profile look good enough to get into LBS?
2. My undergrad GPA and arrears concern me a lot. How much will they affect my chances?
3. Can you suggest any other programs that fit my profile?
Personal MBA Coach Founder
Status:Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Wharton graduate - Helping applicants get into top global business schools since 2008
Affiliations: Wharton, MIT
Own Kudos [?]: 359 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Overall Client Admit Rate: 96%
Send PM
Expert Reply
paU1i wrote:
Greetings,

-10th - 80.46%
-12th - 80.67%
-Bachelors of Engineering (Electronics & Communications, class of 2014) - Four year aggregate of 55% with some arrears which we cleared off during college -itself (I am deeply concerned about this part)

- It was a new team with only 3 people. I along with my manager setup their security operations center from scratch. We grew the team from 3 members to 85 members in 3.5 years bringing in 15+ major clients amounting total revenue of more than 1 million $
- Formed and led their new 24/7 team which was part of their security operations center. Carried out and led more than 20 projects with the team.
- I received excellence award for 2 consecutive years (Among total 400 employees)

- Started as consultant, led the Cyber transformation project for their biggest insurance client.
- Among >1% to receive early promotion --> promoted from Consultant to Senior Consultant

1.1 years --> One of the biggest investment banks in the world --> this is my current role

- Working with global team of highly technical individuals performing advanced cyber operation tests
- Among only 2 people from India to be part of the team (rest of the team is in UK and Poland)

Other than above experience, I co-founded a software development company and ran it for around 3 years part-time with my co-founder. honestly, this was formed to earn external income to pay our undergrad education loans. At the end of 3 years, the revenue of the company was around 35000 USD (25 lakh INR). We closed down the operations to focus more on the individual careers.

Extra-Curriculars
- Have more than 10 global technical certifications in fields like cloud computing, cyber security etc.

Why MBA?

As you must have noticed by now, I have tech consulting experience in highly niche domain of cyber security. Cyber security is a support function in most organizations and there is a glass ceiling to growth. Also being in support role, I won't ever be able to break into business side of things.

Post-MBA goals?

Plan A: I would like to move into strategy consulting role. given I already have a consulting experience i am used to work style in consulting

Plan B: Product Management in FAANG --> here I can utilize my technical skills along with the business skills i would learn during MBA

Why LBS
- LBS has a 15 month program unlike 2 years programs in US schools which means I can go back to work early
- LBS is consulting heavy school, so getting into strategy consulting will be easier than other schools.

Questions
2. My undergrad GPA and arrears concern me a lot. How much will they affect my chances?

Hello paU1i,

Your GMAT will factor into your candidacy for LBS, so it would be good to know this score once you take the exam. From the current information, it sounds like you have some strong work experience. You will, however, want to have solid MBA goals laid out before applying, rather than plan A and plan B. Some schools are comfortable with understanding your thought process and decision-making criteria (Personal MBA Coach discusses this with our clients on a case-by-case basis via our comprehensive services), but it is typically best to be decisive here.

When thinking about "why LBS" be sure to research everything that London Business School’s MBA program has to offer and consider what you plan to take part in on campus. Is there a class you want to take? A club you hope to join? Demonstrating program-specific knowledge is key in any application.

If you are concerned about your undergrad GPA, it will be even more crucial that you secure a high score on the GMAT.

As for other programs, are you primarily interested in European schools, or are you open to US schools as well? If you want to stick to European schools, you might consider adding INSEAD, IESE, and HEC Paris to your list.

School selection, like goal development, is included in our comprehensive packages. Do not hesitate to reach out to scott@personalmbacoach.com if you are seeking guidance throughout your application journey.

Best,
Personal MBA Coach
Manager
Manager
Send PM
PersonalMBACoach wrote:
paU1i wrote:
Greetings,

-10th - 80.46%
-12th - 80.67%

Extra-Curriculars

Why MBA?

Post-MBA goals?

Why LBS

Questions

Hello paU1i,

Your GMAT will factor into your candidacy for LBS, so it would be good to know this score once you take the exam. From the current information, it sounds like you have some strong work experience. You will, however, want to have solid MBA goals laid out before applying, rather than plan A and plan B. Some schools are comfortable with understanding your thought process and decision-making criteria (Personal MBA Coach discusses this with our clients on a case-by-case basis via our comprehensive services), but it is typically best to be decisive here.

When thinking about "why LBS" be sure to research everything that London Business School’s MBA program has to offer and consider what you plan to take part in on campus. Is there a class you want to take? A club you hope to join? Demonstrating program-specific knowledge is key in any application.

If you are concerned about your undergrad GPA, it will be even more crucial that you secure a high score on the GMAT.

As for other programs, are you primarily interested in European schools, or are you open to US schools as well? If you want to stick to European schools, you might consider adding INSEAD, IESE, and HEC Paris to your list.

School selection, like goal development, is included in our comprehensive packages. Do not hesitate to reach out to scott@personalmbacoach.com if you are seeking guidance throughout your application journey.

Best,
Personal MBA Coach

Thanks for the advice. I am mostly looking at US Top 20 (only STEM MBAs) and LBS/INSEAD in Europe. Trying to research which schools fit my post-MBA goals. Being an international applicant I am also looking at post-MBA job prospects in the listed countries.
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi paU1i,

Thank you for sharing a detailed profile. You’ve got a great profile there. Starting with stats, your undergrad GPA is low, and the only thing that compensates for it is a high GMAT score. On the work front, amazing work experience. Starting as an intern with a start-up and then leaving as a specialist (3 promotions in between), you can bring out great stories of career progression, achievements, and learnings. The rest of your work experience also shows your leadership abilities and exhibit you as a high-performing individual. You have international experience as well, which LBS greatly stresses.

The admissions committee will carefully review your application and determine what global flavor you will add to the new class. Internationalism can take many different ways. Have you worked on international projects or communicated with international clients frequently? Do you have experience working with multi-cultural teams? Candidates must have a global perspective and the ability to work in multicultural teams, according to LBS. Be certain that your essays represent all of the values of the business school to which you are applying. Talking about your company and your experiences with it can create an informative conversation with the adcoms.

Your ECs are good. All the certification courses you have done will definitely add significant weight to your academic profile. You can share your experience of working with NGO and why you decided to work with them, and what impact you have created.

Your reasons for doing an MBA and your post-MBA goals make sense. The admissions committee is interested in learning about your interests. They want to know how you think about the future, what issues you've found with modern processes, and how you intend to fix them in order to bring about long-term improvement. So, carefully consider the short-term and long-term objectives.

Yes, I believe you have a decent chance at LBS. I see some intriguing elements in your profile that are very much in line with the values of LBS. What’s going to matter most about your application is connecting the experiential dots and presenting a compelling narrative.

As previously said, a high GMAT score would make up for it. Aside from that, you can include any extra coursework that can help you demonstrate your ability to withstand the quantitative rigor of business school. Your undergrad GPA is a minor component of the application and can help you link the dots. So, even though you have a low GPA, it does not diminish your chances of admission to top MBA programs! You can still ace your applications!

If you’d like, you can read the article on the importance of GPA and how to explain a low GPA to the business school this will instill the right confidence in you :)

You can add INSEAD, HEC, and M7 schools to your list in terms of post-MBA goals.

If you need any direction/guidance over any aspect of your application and have any specific concerns, you can ask us on the forum Ask MBA & Beyond.

Overall, your profile is good. Simply concentrate on your GMAT and strive for a better score. If you’d like, we are happy to hop on a call with you sometime this week or once you have a score in your hand to discuss your profile in length and further chances to the b-school. Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

Let’s maximize your chances in Round 1 for fall intake

Cheers!
Shantanu Sharma
Testimonials

paU1i wrote:
Greetings,

-10th - 80.46%
-12th - 80.67%

Extra-Curriculars

Why MBA?

Post-MBA goals?

Why LBS

Questions
Manager
Manager
Send PM
MBAandBeyond wrote:
Hi paU1i,

Thank you for sharing a detailed profile. You’ve got a great profile there. Starting with stats, your undergrad GPA is low, and the only thing that compensates for it is a high GMAT score. On the work front, amazing work experience. Starting as an intern with a start-up and then leaving as a specialist (3 promotions in between), you can bring out great stories of career progression, achievements, and learnings. The rest of your work experience also shows your leadership abilities and exhibit you as a high-performing individual. You have international experience as well, which LBS greatly stresses.

The admissions committee will carefully review your application and determine what global flavor you will add to the new class. Internationalism can take many different ways. Have you worked on international projects or communicated with international clients frequently? Do you have experience working with multi-cultural teams? Candidates must have a global perspective and the ability to work in multicultural teams, according to LBS. Be certain that your essays represent all of the values of the business school to which you are applying. Talking about your company and your experiences with it can create an informative conversation with the adcoms.

Your ECs are good. All the certification courses you have done will definitely add significant weight to your academic profile. You can share your experience of working with NGO and why you decided to work with them, and what impact you have created.

Your reasons for doing an MBA and your post-MBA goals make sense. The admissions committee is interested in learning about your interests. They want to know how you think about the future, what issues you've found with modern processes, and how you intend to fix them in order to bring about long-term improvement. So, carefully consider the short-term and long-term objectives.

Yes, I believe you have a decent chance at LBS. I see some intriguing elements in your profile that are very much in line with the values of LBS. What’s going to matter most about your application is connecting the experiential dots and presenting a compelling narrative.

As previously said, a high GMAT score would make up for it. Aside from that, you can include any extra coursework that can help you demonstrate your ability to withstand the quantitative rigor of business school. Your undergrad GPA is a minor component of the application and can help you link the dots. So, even though you have a low GPA, it does not diminish your chances of admission to top MBA programs! You can still ace your applications!

If you’d like, you can read the article on the importance of GPA and how to explain a low GPA to the business school this will instill the right confidence in you :)

You can add INSEAD, HEC, and M7 schools to your list in terms of post-MBA goals.

If you need any direction/guidance over any aspect of your application and have any specific concerns, you can ask us on the forum Ask MBA & Beyond.

Overall, your profile is good. Simply concentrate on your GMAT and strive for a better score. If you’d like, we are happy to hop on a call with you sometime this week or once you have a score in your hand to discuss your profile in length and further chances to the b-school. Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

Cheers!
Shantanu Sharma
Testimonials

paU1i wrote:
Greetings,

-10th - 80.46%
-12th - 80.67%

Extra-Curriculars

Why MBA?

Post-MBA goals?

Why LBS

Questions

Thanks for such a detailed reply. Currently I am focusing completely on getting GMAT out of the way(Targeting 740+). Post that I would love to connect with you for further discussion.
Send PM
Expert Reply
Catch up with you soon.

Good luck with your GMAT :)

Cheers!

paU1i wrote:
MBAandBeyond wrote:
Hi paU1i,

Cheers!
Shantanu Sharma
Testimonials

paU1i wrote:
Greetings,

-10th - 80.46%
-12th - 80.67%

Extra-Curriculars

Why MBA?

Post-MBA goals?

Why LBS

Questions

Thanks for such a detailed reply. Currently I am focusing completely on getting GMAT out of the way(Targeting 740+). Post that I would love to connect with you for further discussion.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 106
Schools: NTU (M$)
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
Send PM
Kindly find my profile info as follows. Thanks in advance.

GMAT 1 710 (Q49, V37) (IR 6 AWA 5)

TOEFL ibt -113/120

Work Exp: 40 months at matriculation (Thermal System Engineer for Toshiba Japan)

Gender – Male
Age – 26 yrs
Nationality - Indian

Current Responsibilities:
-Prepare Engineering proposals for Steam turbines upon receiving RFQs from Utility companies/EPCs mainly for the North American market(USA/Mexico).
-My job is to carry out engineering tasks, receive internal approval from the Group leader and Engineering head of the company before the proposal is reviewed by the Vice president of a Company.
-Also create the Proposal documents, respond to customer queries and support the customer needs(only engineering tasks for me) if our proposal reaches the negotiation phase.
-As an additional task I was responsible for organizing/arranging engineering data and writing technical descriptions of each product to create a new catalog for our products. The catalog was recently approved for use worldwide.

Why MBA?
Having seen the sales team create strategies as to how to offer our product to the customer, I was attracted towards creating strategies and finding solutions.

Education:
B. Tech (Mechanical Engineering) from Delhi Technological University(Top 10 Engineering College in India), 2018 pass out, 9.2 CGPA (top 2% of class)
XII – 93.4%, CBSE board
X – 10 CGPA, CBSE board(school topper)

Co-curricular
1. Set up a startup with 2 friends during my internship. The objective of the startup was to develop an application for HSE officers. The app received 25k+ downloads in 6 months with an average rating of 4.4 on the google play store. Around 1 year later Company I had interned at took over the control of the app.
2. Basic NGO/volunteer work.

Achievements:
1. Received scholarships of Rs 5000 twice for excellent academic performance during the undergraduate course.
2. Presented Technical Research Paper at IIT-BHU(Top 3 university in India) and won the award for the best research paper at the event.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  17   18   19   20   21   22   23  ...  30