Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 03:10 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 03:10

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Tags:
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Re: NUS MiM / CEMS MiM Jan 2022 intake: Calling all Applicants [#permalink]
Kin200 wrote:
In most cases offer is given within 5-6 weeks. But I’m really wondering should I accept the offer or focus on my backup. After reading few comments here on this forum and talking to people who know the industry well, I don’t know if NUS is the best option.

nichalosloc wrote:
Most probably they have placed you in a waiting list and will offer you admission “if” they have seats left. I would suggest you to keep a backup ready.
Did you apply for CEMS ?

Yes, I applied for CEMS and I do have a „backup“.

When did you get your offers after the Interview?

Posted from my mobile device
[/quote]

I had my interview on the 12th of April, yet to hear back from the admissions team. Any idea how long does it take them?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
If you look at last intake and time taken to get my offer, I would say 4-5 weeks max after that you should start focusing on your backup.

mananrupani98 wrote:
I had my interview on the 12th of April, yet to hear back from the admissions team. Any idea how long does it take them?

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kin200 wrote:
If you look at last intake and time taken to get my offer, I would say 4-5 weeks max after that you should start focusing on your backup.

mananrupani98 wrote:

I read somewhere that they would send the next batch of acceptance offers on 17th May. Do you know anything about it?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Well i don’t know where you got that information from because no one knows the exact date but from what I know after talking to multiple people who have secured the admission, most successful applications get their acceptance letter in the specified time. For others who are in the waiting list, NUS never rejects anyone before October, they keep them in the waiting list and give false hope. You will not find anyone rejected before October.

mananrupani98 wrote:

I read somewhere that they would send the next batch of acceptance offers on 17th May. Do you know anything about it?

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kin200 wrote:
Well i don’t know where you got that information from because no one knows the exact date but from what I know after talking to multiple people who have secured the admission, most successful applications get their acceptance letter in the specified time. For others who are in the waiting list, NUS never rejects anyone before October, they keep them in the waiting list and give false hope. You will not find anyone rejected before October.

mananrupani98 wrote:

If you don’t mind me asking, when did you receive your offer?
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10011 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
Dsinghx wrote:
I have received the offer for the Cems program but after taking to few people in Singapore about opportunities after MIM or CEMS, I have decided not to take admission.

They told me to stay away from this program as it is more of a cash grab in the name of NUS brand. They told me this is why they don’t publish a placement report.

I would suggest everyone to use their contacts and find about this program before investing $55K

Not trying to defend the program hear but can you share with us specific details of your conversation with your Singapore contacts? Are NUS students are finding it difficult to get placements in or around Singapore? Or is the teaching quality of the program is not as good as its peer programs in Europe? Would love to get specific details of the advice you received because it would help with a lot of applicants here who are trying to decide whether or not to invest their time, energy & money into the program. Thanks in advance!
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10011 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
Join the NUS MIM Chat Group here

Welcome all NUS MiM and CEMs MiM applicants to your exclusive place of discussion.

One benefit of joining the chat group is you get instant notifications on your mobile of any latest updates shared by fellow applicants. (For that make sure you have GMAT Club app installed in your mobile :-) )

Originally posted by Narenn on 13 May 2021, 22:30.
Last edited by Narenn on 13 May 2021, 22:32, edited 2 times in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM
NUS MiM / CEMS MiM Jan 2022 intake: Calling all Applicants [#permalink]
Kudos
After talking to my Singapore contact again, Here are few points she told me about.

1- Most MIM/CEMS international students find it very hard to get a job in Singapore, as Visa policies are very strict. Most of the students go back to their home country because of poor job prospects.
Job offer for MBA students is relatively easier to get.

2- If someone with luck of gold manages to find a Job.
Companies in Singapore view this program equal to a bachelor degree, so MIM/CEMS graduate are most likely to be placed at entry level position.

3- Unlike its European peers, NUS does not have a Singapore company associated with CEMS, they have some kind of deal with Keio University, Japan and use their associated company for CEMS.

4- The level of exposure you expect from a international level program is not there, that is why NUS MIM is not ranked even in top 100. European schools are ranked very high.

5- As Singapore is a very expensive city to live, expect 2000 Singapore dollars as monthly expense.
So 45K(MIM) or 55K(CEMS) + 2K x 20 months + Other expenses.
= 85K(MIM) or 95K(CEMS) + Other expenses.
She suggested me to try for European CEMS schools as they offer better education, better placements and better exposure with significantly lesser cost.

6- Teaching quality is also not that great, most of the professors for MIM program are from the bachelors department.

Narenn wrote:

Not trying to defend the program hear but can you share with us specific details of your conversation with your Singapore contacts? Are NUS students are finding it difficult to get placements in or around Singapore? Or is the teaching quality of the program is not as good as its peer programs in Europe? Would love to get specific details of the advice you received because it would help with a lot of applicants here who are trying to decide whether or not to invest their time, energy & money into the program. Thanks in advance!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Rosss13 wrote:
My cousin sister lives in Singapore and I have heard similar things that’s why I decided to withdraw my application last month.

Regarding the placement, I contacted nus about the placement report and they told me since it’s a new program they don’t have a placement record and due to government visa policies most students have to leave the country after the program is over so they don’t really know what their students are doing. This sounds like a very lame answer to me. They are clearly trying to coverup a poor record

Dsinghx wrote:
I have received the offer for the Cems program but after taking to few people in Singapore about opportunities after MIM or CEMS, I have decided not to take admission.

They told me to stay away from this program as it is more of a cash grab in the name of NUS brand. They told me this is why they don’t publish a placement report.

I would suggest everyone to use their contacts and find about this program before investing $55K

So do you suggest SMU MiM instead? I’ve already received an offer from them & was waiting for NUS’s response
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
surrii286 wrote:

So do you suggest SMU MiM instead? I’ve already received an offer from them & was waiting for NUS’s response

If you haven't received the offer from NUS yet, I would say accept SMU offer, if Singapore is your target country.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
SMU MIM's employment report is way better than no report from NUS.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Hi All! Thanks for your feedback above. Can I just ask, aside from the mentioned information do you have any idea on the academic workload of the NUS CEMS program? I’ve been trying to coordinate with NUS to talk with an alumni to no avail. I tried contacting some via LinkedIn but no reply also.

Dsinghx, did you receive a formal offer already? Or just the message saying that they will give you an offer by the end of June?

Originally posted by j810 on 17 May 2021, 00:47.
Last edited by j810 on 17 May 2021, 00:50, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student
Send PM
nichalosloc wrote:
Hi,

had my interview 7 weeks ago and heard nothing back since then. Therefore, sent them an email yesterday and they responded that they recommended me to the board of admissions. Also, they said this was not an offer but just an indication.
Final outcomes by end of June as already mentioned.
Did someone get a similar response?
I wonder if I can see the place in the program as safe?

I got the same message from them. I'm also unsure if this means we are already secured a seat for the program.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi, so basically I also received the same email , and which is why I emailed them again if they can give me further clarification about the same

And the following was their response : Hi Shanay,

It is an indication of your status, basically, there are some administrative processes that we need to go through.

Your name needs to be put up to the Board of Admissions for approval to be admitted to the programme. Only then, will we be able to issue the official offer to you.

In our experience, we have not come across such a case where admission was not granted. However, as it is not “official” yet, we cannot guarantee anything at this point.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
From I fellow applicant, what I’ve heard is that whoever gets an interview call from NUS, most likely makes it in through admissions

I’m not sure how much this holds tho

Originally posted by mananrupani98 on 17 May 2021, 01:21.
Last edited by mananrupani98 on 17 May 2021, 01:24, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student
Send PM
shanayparekh, Thanks for your reply on this. I guess we just have to wait on the official letter from them.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Yes, from their email last week, they told me that due to some delay in processing, They will reply closer to end of May.
Current Student
Send PM
Do you guys have any idea on the academic workload of the CEMS Program?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts