Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 10:01 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 10:01

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [2]
Given Kudos: 27
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V36 (Online)
GMAT 2: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.11
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Schools: Carlson (I)
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Re: Calling all IIM Ahmedabad PGPX Applicants (2022 Intake, Class of 2023) [#permalink]
I have 680 (Q49, V33) .. Do I need to improve or is it ok to apply with this score .. considering their Median GMAT is just 686 .. ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Send PM
Re: Calling all IIM Ahmedabad PGPX Applicants (2022 Intake, Class of 2023) [#permalink]
Shashank933 wrote:
Hi,

Sure I will write my preparation debrief soon.. It is long journey of hope, despair and finally much awaited success. Started with 500 to 730, and last 750. Each attempt gave me some lesson and motivated to come back with even more force. 😊

Be motivated in this long tiresome journey.

May the force be with you.

Posted from my mobile device
Thanks for your motivation! Waiting eagerly
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 173
Schools: NTU '22 (S)
Send PM
ULiDe wrote:
I have 680 (Q49, V33) .. Do I need to improve or is it ok to apply with this score .. considering their Median GMAT is just 686 .. ?

To get an interview call u no need to get 700 because with 660 itself I got an interview call from iim A,B and C.

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Technology, Leadership
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Hi guys how much experience do you hold?
Current Student
Send PM
mohitbhargavagmat wrote:
Hi guys how much experience do you hold?

Working from past 8.5 years in a public sector bank as Branch Manager.

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [0]
Given Kudos: 43
Concentration: General Management, General Management
GPA: 3.7
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
ULiDe wrote:

Although this question is impossible to answer accurately, I'll still take a dig at it and share some latest updates. The average GMAT/GRE of the current batch (PGPX 2021-22) is 701/323 (reference is the official website) which is higher than that of the previous batch. You can expect that this will either remain the same or go up next yearas more and more people have been optimizing their prep due to the prolonged WFH situation (obviously doesn't apply to all). Median scores are not published officially by IIMA, and thus I will not rely on the source from where you got this information.

To be on a safer side, it is always recommended to have a 700+ score. But this is not a universal funda and it varies from person to person based on their profile. People have got calls with a 640 GMAT and have got rejected with a 750 GMAT.

I will not be able to judge if your GMAT score is "Ok to apply with" unless I know a little about your background. Thus, I would request you to either make the best out of this initiative (link given below) or reach out to some Consultant to have your profile evaluated.

Pay It Forward Mentorship (a non-profit initiative by IIMA PGPX students) : https://www.linkedin.com/posts/taranand ... 76800-t1qQ

Link to the current batch profile (for average GRE/GMAT score) : https://www.iima.ac.in/web/pgpx/student ... ch-profile
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Schools: Carlson (I)
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
tmukhopadhyay wrote:

Although this question is impossible to answer accurately, I’ll still take a dig at it and share some latest updates. The average GMAT/GRE of the current batch (PGPX 2021-22) is 701/323 (reference is the official website) which is higher than that of the previous batch. You can expect that this will either remain the same or go up next yearas more and more people have been optimizing their prep due to the prolonged WFH situation (obviously doesn’t apply to all). Median scores are not published officially by IIMA, and thus I will not rely on the source from where you got this information.

To be on a safer side, it is always recommended to have a 700+ score. But this is not a universal funda and it varies from person to person based on their profile. People have got calls with a 640 GMAT and have got rejected with a 750 GMAT.

I will not be able to judge if your GMAT score is "Ok to apply with" unless I know a little about your background. Thus, I would request you to either make the best out of this initiative (link given below) or reach out to some Consultant to have your profile evaluated.

Pay It Forward Mentorship (a non-profit initiative by IIMA PGPX students) : https://www.linkedin.com/posts/taranand ... 76800-t1qQ

Link to the current batch profile (for average GRE/GMAT score) : https://www.iima.ac.in/web/pgpx/student ... ch-profile
thanks, it’s a great initiative .. will make use of it ..
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
MY PROFILE
8+ YR EXPRNC IN SHIPPING MERCHANT NAVY
INTERNATIONAL EXPOSURE
AVG EXTRA CURRICULAR
GRE-324
WHICH B SCHOOL CAN I TARGET?

Manager
Manager
Send PM
shuklarockers wrote:
MY PROFILE
8+ YR EXPRNC IN SHIPPING MERCHANT NAVY
INTERNATIONAL EXPOSURE
AVG EXTRA CURRICULAR
GRE-324
WHICH B SCHOOL CAN I TARGET?

You should target the best B-schools buddy ! Your profile sounds interesting. Since you have posted this in the IIMA PGPX thread, I suggest that you focus on building a strong application and apply in R1. However, I also recommend that you apply to other Indian B-schools such as IIMB, IIMC, ISB, IIMI, and IIML. There will be plenty of options outside India as well. However, I’m unable to share any other detailed suggestions without knowing a little more about you.

Please feel free to PM me and I can connect you to the right folks (PGPX students/alums) who have a profile similar to that of yours.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
I HAVE GRE SO CANT APPLY IN IIM C AND MY SCORE IN GRE IS 324 Q-170 V-154 AWA-3
I AM PLANNING FOR IIM A B AND ISB FOR R1
CAN U ADVICE FURTHER ON SAME

Manager
Manager
Send PM
shuklarockers wrote:

Apologies! Totally forgot about that. As rightly pointed out, IIMC is out because of this reason.

Sure, please PM me on GMAT Club and we can have a chat.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 4
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Please get in touch with IIMC to find out if they are considering GRE this year.

shuklarockers wrote:

Current Student
Send PM
honey1294 wrote:
Please get in touch with IIMC to find out if they are considering GRE this year.

shuklarockers wrote:

Eligibility Criteria :

A bachelor's degree (minimum 10+2+3 years of formal education) or equivalent in any discipline

At least 5 years of full time post qualification managerial/professional experience as on March 31, 2022.

Valid GMAT Score (taken within the last 36 months of application date).

They are not taking GRE as per notification released on the website.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 4
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
They have not released the admission schedule for one year MBA yet. Due to pandemic, alot of changes have been happening in the admission process across the bschools. I believe, you should once check with the college directly and get an idea on the same.

All the very best.

Shashank933 wrote:
honey1294 wrote:

shuklarockers wrote:

Eligibility Criteria :

A bachelor's degree (minimum 10+2+3 years of formal education) or equivalent in any discipline

At least 5 years of full time post qualification managerial/professional experience as on March 31, 2022.

Valid GMAT Score (taken within the last 36 months of application date).

They are not taking GRE as per notification released on the website.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 39
GMAT 1: 550 Q41 V25
GMAT 2: 620 Q45 V31
GMAT 3: 700 Q49 V36
Send PM
I have a question for all the 700 or high 600's scorers who are a part of this thread and have taken the GMAT Online. Would you be so kind to clarify whether the notion of quant being 'harder' in the online version of the exam is true. It would be helpful if you could base your reasoning along below lines:

1. When we say hard, can we quantify it to have a sense as to how much 'hard' or 'harder' are we talking about.
2. Generally, the test center based exam will start with medium level questions. Was this the case with the online version as well?

Planning to take the online version, but quite skeptical about it because of aforementioned reasons.

Thanks for the help!

PS: Pardon for the post not being related to IIM A PGPX '22 intake, although I am a fellow aspirant of the same.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 77 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 610 Q33 V40 (Online)
GMAT 2: 680 Q43 V40
Send PM
I had taken my exam online and offline - my verbal was exactly the same both times. Online exams has other factors playing in it imo.

Dipenz wrote:
I have a question for all the 700 or high 600’s scorers who are a part of this thread and have taken the GMAT Online. Would you be so kind to clarify whether the notion of quant being ’harder’ in the online version of the exam is true. It would be helpful if you could base your reasoning along below lines:

1. When we say hard, can we quantify it to have a sense as to how much ’hard’ or ’harder’ are we talking about.
2. Generally, the test center based exam will start with medium level questions. Was this the case with the online version as well?

Planning to take the online version, but quite skeptical about it because of aforementioned reasons.

Thanks for the help!

PS: Pardon for the post not being related to IIM A PGPX ’22 intake, although I am a fellow aspirant of the same.

So, I do not think that there is a difference here.

Originally posted by vijk on 16 May 2021, 06:56.
Last edited by vijk on 16 May 2021, 06:57, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V36
Send PM
Unless they release anything officially, one can only speculate on that
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  63   
Moderator:
IIM School Moderator
22 posts