Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 13:14 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 13:14

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [1]
Given Kudos: 18
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [1]
Given Kudos: 18
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: Booth (I)
GPA: 3.93
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kellogg Future Leaders Deferred MBA Applicants -2021 cycle [#permalink]
Kudos
Based on last year's thread, this typically meant a ding. Pretty sure you need to interview to move forward in the process.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kellogg Future Leaders Deferred MBA Applicants -2021 cycle [#permalink]
curlyboi wrote:
Hey guys. I checked the interview portal. Slots are only there till the 18th and they are all filled up.

Each day on average had 4 slots, and assuming interviews started on the 19th, that is roughly 20 days (only weekdays). So I am guessing they interviewed a total of around ~80 people.

I also did hear that Kellogg is selective about conducting interviews for the KFL, unlike the regular MBA program where they interview everyone. :? :$

Any idea of how many would they admit? My estimate is around 100 would get in if this is similar to other Deferred programs. If that's the case and if your calculations are roughly correct it would mean that almost everyone who got the interview would get in!

If anyone has any idea from the previous year figures please feel free to discuss, thanks!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
GMATAssassin99 wrote:
curlyboi wrote:
Hey guys. I checked the interview portal. Slots are only there till the 18th and they are all filled up.

Each day on average had 4 slots, and assuming interviews started on the 19th, that is roughly 20 days (only weekdays). So I am guessing they interviewed a total of around ~80 people.

I also did hear that Kellogg is selective about conducting interviews for the KFL, unlike the regular MBA program where they interview everyone. :? :$

Any idea of how many would they admit? My estimate is around 100 would get in if this is similar to other Deferred programs. If that's the case and if your calculations are roughly correct it would mean that almost everyone who got the interview would get in!

If anyone has any idea from the previous year figures please feel free to discuss, thanks!

I think there are more than 4 slots in a day? There are 73 people in last year's Linkedin group, so around 100 admits could be sent.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
PatrickC wrote:
GMATAssassin99 wrote:
curlyboi wrote:

I think there are more than 4 slots in a day? There are 73 people in last year's Linkedin group, so around 100 admits could be sent.

I wasn't sure if there are usually 4 or 6 slots. But definitely not more than 6. If we assume 5 slots a day for 24 days, we get 120 interviews. And usually colleges interview 1.5 people for a seat, so I'm guessing around 80 people might get accepted....
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
The numbers seem to be in line with what I was told by a KFL student. He told me that last year nearly 50% of the folks that were interviewed got in.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I suppose they would be handing out admits keeping yield rate in mind. If they want around 75-80 people joining the program, I think they will hand out around 120 admits. The yield rate for the full-time MBA is at the 50 percent levels so I'd expect the yield rate for KFL to be in the 60s. Again, this is just an estimate but I think many successful applicants would also have gotten into other deferred programs.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
GMATAssassin99 wrote:
I suppose they would be handing out admits keeping yield rate in mind. If they want around 75-80 people joining the program, I think they will hand out around 120 admits. The yield rate for the full-time MBA is at the 50 percent levels so I'd expect the yield rate for KFL to be in the 60s. Again, this is just an estimate but I think many successful applicants would also have gotten into other deferred programs.

I never factored in the yield rates on the other side. This post makes me hopeful! :) :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
GMATBanker12 wrote:
GMATAssassin99 wrote:

I never factored in the yield rates on the other side. This post makes me hopeful! :) :)

Haha you are welcome :)

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Does anyone have an idea if the results would be rolling or announced for everyone on 2nd June? I saw some posts about this in last year's thread so I got confused..
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Nope. I don't think it is rolling. They all come out on June 2nd. Maybe over the day, but not rolling.

Wow looks like Kellogg (final) and HBS 2+2 (interview) invites are going to be sent out the same day eesh.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
curlyboi wrote:
Nope. I don't think it is rolling. They all come out on June 2nd. Maybe over the day, but not rolling.

Wow looks like Kellogg (final) and HBS 2+2 (interview) invites are going to be sent out the same day eesh.

Ooh okay. Thanks for confirming!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Does anyone know if admitted students get a phone call on Wednesday, or is it all over portal?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
HomieBoris wrote:
Does anyone know if admitted students get a phone call on Wednesday, or is it all over portal?

Based on last year's thread both happen.
Has anyone heard back? Any rejections or acceptances?
Best of luck to all!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Yeah I applied too, always loved kelloggs....
Intern
Intern
Send PM
1 day to go people! I'm super excited as well as nervous!

All the best everyone!

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Best of luck everyone!

Also, has your portal shown any change since submitting the application / interview? Mine has stayed the same.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
curlyboi wrote:
Best of luck everyone!

Also, has your portal shown any change since submitting the application / interview? Mine has stayed the same.

What exactly do you mean when you say portal? Is that the application management portal? If so, mine just has an application document checklist, letter of recommendation update and an option to submit additional materials. I don't see any status field on that page.

GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts