Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 19:08 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 19:08

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
Own Kudos [?]: 2769 [1]
Given Kudos: 1510
GPA: 4
WE:Analyst (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 1109 [0]
Given Kudos: 1752
GPA: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Re: Chances for top School [#permalink]
Thank you for the reply. I don't know my percentile in UG in PG my grade is on 7 pointer scale. My score was 6/7 not sure of percentile. Community work was not my kind of thing and never ever have thought about it
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 148 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
AksZchs, a few thoughts on your profile evaluation:
  1. The academic profile looks decent overall. Where did you do your BBS from? The GPA during undergrad is average. How was it on a relative scale during the master's? You'll have to articulate that well so the adcoms' understand it. The GRE score is ok not stellar for say the top 10/15 programs where Indian candidates frequently score in the 330 and above range. Any plans for a retake?
  2. While you've not specified it, but I am assuming both your jobs have been in Australia? The nature of your work sounds quite interesting overall. International adcoms may not fully understand the nature/scale of your employers and that's something to address well in your applications. What are your post-MBA plans?
  3. Not sure about the timelines of your ECs but school level stuff doesn't have a lot of mileage in MBA applications. This is why ECs matter. Likely to be a potential blind spot.
  4. Given your international experience, you may also want to target European programs that value it immensely.

Hope this helps some.

Cheers,
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1585 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
AksZchs wrote:
Hi guys. I'm a Indian candidate looking to do MBA

Age = 27

# Educational Background is as follows

1) Bachelors of Business studies = 68%

2) Master of economic policy from Australian National university (50% reduction in tuition fees)

# Extra Cir = *Played district level chess & cricket
*State level player in tennis and Badminton
*Black belt in 2 martial art forms

# Work ex.

Started working after my Master completion went straight for my master after completing my BBS

# Department of Finance & treasury as a economist. Received 1 promotions till now, 2.5 years of work ex as of now

1) Assist in undertaking in-depth economic analysis and research on policy and regulatory issues
2) Prepare written and verbal advice on analytical issues for key stakeholders
3) Participate in negotiations and consultation with a broad range of external stakeholders
4) Provide support to the Commissioner and Director in the preparation of meetings, presentations and conferences

# Ord Minnett - Senior Analyst - Private capital - 1 year

1) Facilitating communication with new investment prospects and engage with companies to evaluate investment eligibility according to our investment mandate;
2) Shortlisting and prepare briefing materials on new investments, and collaborate with the team in analysing new opportunities and building investment thesis;
3) Building investment and company financial models:
4) Undertaking competitor analysis and preparing associated reports;
5) Absolute and relative valuation analysis;
6) Investment return profiling;
7) Undertaking due diligence; and
8) Preparing investment rationale and investment committee papers

GRE = 325

Language = 4 = French, Hindi, English & Italian

Edited for better understanding. Advise on schools also. TIA

Hi AksZchs

Thanks for posting. Your educational background / academic performance are pretty good. Your work experience in policy is quite interesting and gives you the diversity that schools would look for. Please also provide more information on your post-MBA goals and purpose in pursuing the MBA, as well as the geographies you are looking at as targets (if selecting by geographies, and not open to options independent of location).
VP
VP
Status:Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Own Kudos [?]: 204 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools:HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Send PM
Hi there,

You have a good profile. Your academics may be average, but work experience and extracurricular are really looked good. By that time you will have approx. 3 years of work experience and that is what most of the US B-Schools look for. So, based on your profile, I would suggest you target B-Schools like Kellogg, Dartmouth Tuck, Michigan Ross, Kenan Flagler, and Darden.

Meanwhile, start building up your profile and start making contacts with the alumni and adcom of your targeted B-Schools.

You may also try your chances of getting admits to a top business school by trying these amazing chances for the B-School tool.

Hope that helps.
GMAT Club Bot