Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 19:31 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 19:31

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
GPA: 4
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 1304 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [2]
Given Kudos: 328
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 670 Q46 V36
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V37
GPA: 3.8
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
Volunteer Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 6857 [2]
Given Kudos: 500
Re: Unofficial Score Report in the Enhanced GMAT Online Exam [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
akiara wrote:
Do we get the ESR now on the online exam too?

Hello, akiara. I have read nothing about any change in policy concerning ESRs and the new online exam, so until you read otherwise on the official site or you hear directly from someone such as bb, who might gain access to such information before a public announcement, assume that there will be no ESR option.

- Andrew
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
gmatknightDOTcom wrote:
Interesting. I don't think there will be a PRINT option on the page the Unofficial score pops up after you immediately complete the exam, but I wouldn't be surprised if your mba account will continue to show the unofficial score till it "turns" into an official one.

My concern is whether they will allow me to download the unofficial score as a pdf or take a screenshot.

Generally, is the Unofficial Score visible on one's mba com profile page, until the Official Score Report arrives?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
Hi everyone, I have received the following response from GMAC regarding my query of the Unofficial Score in the Enhanced GMAT Online Exam

The unofficial score will be available on the screen at the end of your exam. You will not be able to print, download or screenshot the screen, as the secure browser will still be engaged.
Tutor
Affiliations: Harvard University, A.B. with honors in Government, 2002
Own Kudos [?]: 2412 [2]
Given Kudos: 272
GMAT 1: 770 Q47 V48
GMAT 2: 730 Q44 V47
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V42
GMAT 4: 730 Q48 V42 (Online)
GRE 1: Q168 V169

GRE 2: Q170 V170
Send PM
Unofficial Score Report in the Enhanced GMAT Online Exam [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
Sidakpreet wrote:
Hi everyone, I have received the following response from GMAC regarding my query of the Unofficial Score in the Enhanced GMAT Online Exam

The unofficial score will be available on the screen at the end of your exam. You will not be able to print, download or screenshot the screen, as the secure browser will still be engaged.

I dare you to take a picture with your cell phone.

Just kidding of course. :cool:

Honestly, though, if the test is over and the camera is turned off by that point, then why not?
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72871 [1]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
This is the latest we have heard (back in March): https://gmatclub.com/forum/a-new-break- ... 51660.html

Spoiler: NO ESR or really much of other changes besides seeing your score and getting the AWA....

AndrewN wrote:
akiara wrote:
Do we get the ESR now on the online exam too?

Hello, akiara. I have read nothing about any change in policy concerning ESRs and the new online exam, so until you read otherwise on the official site or you hear directly from someone such as bb, who might gain access to such information before a public announcement, assume that there will be no ESR option.

- Andrew
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hi Sidakpreet, would love to hear about your exam experience, please do share. Good luck!

Posted from my mobile device
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22049 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Expert Reply
Sidakpreet wrote:

Thank you for the update. Good luck with your GMAT!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [5]
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
st19931219 wrote:
Hi Sidakpreet, would love to hear about your exam experience, please do share. Good luck!

Posted from my mobile device

Hi, Overall the Enhanced Online GMAT exam went well. The procedures and policies were not too much of a trouble to comply with. The proctor remains available on audio at all times. The Quant Section was tougher in comparison to the mba com mocks and overall reviews of the normal GMAT test center based exam.

I shall be attempting the Normal GMAT soon when test centers open again. Not a bad exam though.

V40 Q47 Overall 710

(I was constantly scoring Q49-50 in the mock exams)
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 2412 [0]

Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
Sidakpreet wrote:

Hi, Overall the Enhanced Online GMAT exam went well. The procedures and policies were not too much of a trouble to comply with. The proctor remains available on audio at all times. The Quant Section was tougher in comparison to the mba com mocks and overall reviews of the normal GMAT test center based exam.

I shall be attempting the Normal GMAT soon when test centers open again. Not a bad exam though.

V40 Q47 Overall 710

Hi Sidakpreet,

Thank you for writing the very first enhanced GMAT online debrief I've yet seen, and congrats on cracking 700!

Also, sorry to hear that the increased Quant difficulty appears to have carried over from the Pearson VUE version of the GMAT online to the Examity one.

I do have few quick questions, if you don't mind:

1) At the very end, was the camera light still on when your unofficial scores flashed on the screen?

In other words, would test-takers be putting themselves at risk by taking pictures of their unofficial scores with their cell phones, or is the exam effectively over at that point, despite the ESSecureBrowser still being enabled?

2) Do your "unofficial" GMAT scores show up in your MBA.com account right away, or do you have to wait the normal 72 hours before anything shows up on your www.mba.com/mygmat page?

3) What operating system are you using?

Thanks,
Brian

Originally posted by mcelroytutoring on 21 May 2021, 07:28.
Last edited by mcelroytutoring on 23 May 2021, 07:45, edited 2 times in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
Hi Sidakpreet,

Thank you sharing about the new online exam. I have the GMAT Online exam coming up on 23rd and got few questions

Do we need to take pictures of the room/desk in Phone and upload like that of Pearson (online) exam. Or will the proctor do a room scan through laptop webcam?

Were there any interuptions by proctor for mumbling? I tend to do this in Verbal section :)

Will there be prompts that indicate "show the Physical Whiteboard" before break begins ? Just not sure if we need to show the board and walk away or wait for the proctor to say ok.

Your inputs are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Prabhakar
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Send PM
Could someone suggest where to practice higher-level quant problems from if official mocks are not accurately describing the experience
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
mcelroytutoring wrote:
Sidakpreet wrote:

V40 Q47 Overall 710

Hi Sidakpreet,

Thank you for writing the very first enhanced GMAT online debrief I've yet seen, and congrats on cracking 700!

Also, sorry to hear that the increased Quant difficulty appears to have carried over from the Pearson VUE version of the GMAT online to the Examity one.

I do have few quick questions, if you don't mind:

1) At the very end, was the camera light still on when your unofficial scores flashed on the screen?

In other words, would test-takers be putting themselves at risk by taking pictures of their unofficial scores with their cell phones, or is the exam effectively over at that point, despite the ESSecureBrowser still being enabled?

2) Do your "unofficial" GMAT scores show up in your MBA.com account right away, or do you have to wait the normal 72 hours before anything shows up on your account page?

3) What operating system are you using?

Thanks,
Brian

Hi Brian, I have the answers to your questions:

1. Yes the camera light stays on until the session has been ended and that is after the secure browser has been closed in which the unofficial score is displayed. I would not recommend grabbing your phone to take a picture. They did not even allow me to note it down on my whiteboard and I had to show both sides of the clean whiteboard at the very end after the secure browser had been closed. The proctoring session runs on zoom, so the camera closes with the Zoom session.

2. It has only been less than 24 hours till now and mba com only shows that my exam has been completed. I should receive the Official Score Report within 7 business days.

3. I used a MacOS Catalina 10.15.7
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
PrabhakarS wrote:
Hi Sidakpreet,

Thank you sharing about the new online exam. I have the GMAT Online exam coming up on 23rd and got few questions

Do we need to take pictures of the room/desk in Phone and upload like that of Pearson (online) exam. Or will the proctor do a room scan through laptop webcam?

Were there any interuptions by proctor for mumbling? I tend to do this in Verbal section :)

Will there be prompts that indicate "show the Physical Whiteboard" before break begins ? Just not sure if we need to show the board and walk away or wait for the proctor to say ok.

Your inputs are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Prabhakar

Hi Prabhakar,

I had to conduct the room scan and show my desk and the area below the desk as well before the exam began and after every break through the webcam.

I was interrupted by the proctor once when I was basically talking to myself, had no trouble at any other point during the exam.

The Whiteboard is to be shown to be clean at the start, before and after the breaks and at the end. But overall, these procedures were not too hard to manage or comply with.

Best of luck for your exam.

Regards,
Sidakpreet
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 2412 [0]

Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
Sidakpreet wrote:

Hi Brian, I have the answers to your questions:

1. Yes the camera light stays on until the session has been ended and that is after the secure browser has been closed in which the unofficial score is displayed. I would not recommend grabbing your phone to take a picture. They did not even allow me to note it down on my whiteboard and I had to show both sides of the clean whiteboard at the very end after the secure browser had been closed. The proctoring session runs on zoom, so the camera closes with the Zoom session.

2. It has only been less than 24 hours till now and mba com only shows that my exam has been completed. I should receive the Official Score Report within 7 business days.

3. I used a MacOS Catalina 10.15.7

1) Very helpful, thank you! I appreciate the quick response. So definitely don't be clever and try to take pictures of your score with your phone, got it...though it is a bit cruel and unusual to keep recording your face on camera after the test is effectively over, and all you are doing is viewing your scores, don't you think? I certainly wouldn't want to be on camera if I were disappointed with my enhanced GMAT online score...who knows what I might say, haha. :shock: Heck, even if I earn a great score, I might say something in celebration that I don't want my proctors to hear!

Why not just cover your camera before checking your scores, or even put a medical mask on to hide your expression? The test is over; it's not like you can cheat at that point. I'm not saying that you should take these actions, or even that it would be a good idea; I'm just saying that you could —assuming that your scores don't automatically flash on the screen after you submit the AWA, and that you have to click the "Report My Scores" and "Next" buttons beforehand, as is usually the case:

I don't want to get anyone's scores cancelled, but I feel that as GMAT test-takers, we should fight for some degree of privacy here. No one deserves to have their facial reactions recorded while viewing their GMAT scores, nor is there any reason why this would be necessary. Again, THE TEST IS OVER AND ALL QUESTIONS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED, so why does GMAC / Examity continue to keep us on camera and require us to follow all the exam rules?

2) That's what I suspected, but thanks for confirming.

3) Greetings, fellow Mac user! :cool: Nice job using an OS that is officially supported...even though the highest version of Catalina that is officially supported is 10.15.1.

The other person who has written an enhanced GMAT online debrief so far also noted that he was on an older Mac OS: High Sierra.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-online- ... l#p2788200

Download ESSecureBrowser for Windows users
Download ESSecureBrowser for Mac users
Windows System Requirements for secure browser
Mac System Requirements for secure browser
Windows User Download and Install Instructions
Mac User Download and Install Instructions

System check: https://gmac.examity.com/SystemCheck/

Originally posted by mcelroytutoring on 21 May 2021, 13:20.
Last edited by mcelroytutoring on 08 Jun 2021, 06:55, edited 5 times in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
Hi Sidakpreet,

Thank you for the answer. Good to know that we can focus more on exam and the other stuffs are manageable.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [2]
Given Kudos: 63
Send PM
Kudos
:)

Originally posted by Saketbangur on 22 May 2021, 05:24.
Last edited by Saketbangur on 10 Aug 2021, 11:48, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 149
Schools: LBS '24 (A)
Send PM
Hi Saketbangur,

Could you share - how does the quant section rate in comparison with GMAT Club's own quant tests (if you have taken the GMAT Club's quant tests)?
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2