Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 02:45 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 02:45

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 58 [0]
Given Kudos: 98
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
GRE 1: Q164 V153
GPA: 3.6
WE:Project Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Economics, Social Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.85
WE:Consulting (Hospitality and Tourism)
Send PM
Stern School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 539 [0]
Given Kudos: 219
Concentration: General Management, Technology
WE:Analyst (Computer Software)
Send PM
GMAT MOCKS [#permalink]
shob22 wrote:
I gave 3 kaplan mocks at a gap of 10 days each and scored the following-
Mock 1 700(Q48 V38)
Mock 2 710(Q49 V38)
Mock 3 720(Q50 V38)

I gave these mocks under real GMAT exam conditions( same time duration and same pressure). What range of score can i except if i write real GMAT exam. Also i gave the GMATprep mock 1, twelve months back and score 660. At that time my preparation was not upto the mark but recently i have prepared well and gave kaplan mocks. I am saving the GMATprep mock 2 for 10 days before the real exam. But can i be sure that on main day i will be getting score,which is close to my kaplan scores. I find verbal section of kaplan hard and there are some questions,which cannot be attempted correctly in limited time. In verbal section everytime i am getting around 14 question wrongs. Also kaplan verbal section has lots of high difficulty questions. I get around 15-16 high difficulty questions and rest are medium difficulty. No low difficulty questions are present in the mock. By seeing my mock score, can i conclude that my preparation is going on the right track?

At present you can expect in the range 680-720 assuming you haven't seen any of the ques earlier in any forum .. Also more confidence you can get on range after you take Official mock 3 n 4 ..
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22050 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Re: GMAT MOCKS [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi shob22,

I see you plan to take the second official GMAT prep exam closer to your actual GMAT, but why are you not taking the other 4 official practice exams?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11665 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi shob22,

The process of taking (and reviewing) a CAT requires a significant amount of energy and effort - and takes time to 'recover' from. This is one of the reasons why you typically shouldn't take more than 1 CAT per week - and your last CAT should be taken about 1 week before Test Day. Thus, 'spreading out' when you took your CATs was a smart choice.

The scoring algorithm on the Official GMAT is far more complicated than most people realize. Since that algorithm is proprietary, no GMAT company has an exact match for it, thus CAT scores can vary a bit based on the 'biases' involved in their respective designs. While the most realistic CATs available are the 6 from GMAC, the CATs from Kaplan, MGMAT and Veritas are all 'close enough' to the real thing that they will provide you with a relatively realistic score assessment (assuming that you correctly take the CAT in a realistic fashion that matches the parameters that you will face when you take the Official GMAT). Based on these CAT results (and even going back to your initial CAT), you appear to be a strong overall critical-thinker - so you likely have the capacity to earn a 700+ on the Official GMAT.

Before I can offer you any additional advice, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

Studies:
1) How long have you studied in total? How many hours do you typically study each week?
2) What study materials have you used so far? What “brands” of CATs/mocks have you used?
3) On what dates (or approximate dates) did you take EACH of your CATs/mocks and how did you score on EACH (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for EACH)?

Goals:
4) What is your overall goal score?
5) When are you planning to apply to Business School and what Schools are you planning to apply to?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ScottTargetTestPrep wrote:
Hi shob22,

I see you plan to take the second official GMAT prep exam closer to your actual GMAT, but why are you not taking the other 4 official practice exams?

Because I have 5 manhattan mocks and 3 kaplan mocks. I think that they will be enough to help me out and in the end an offical gmatprep test will cross verify everything.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
EMPOWERgmatRichC wrote:
Hi shob22,

The process of taking (and reviewing) a CAT requires a significant amount of energy and effort - and takes time to 'recover' from. This is one of the reasons why you typically shouldn't take more than 1 CAT per week - and your last CAT should be taken about 1 week before Test Day. Thus, 'spreading out' when you took your CATs was a smart choice.

The scoring algorithm on the Official GMAT is far more complicated than most people realize. Since that algorithm is proprietary, no GMAT company has an exact match for it, thus CAT scores can vary a bit based on the 'biases' involved in their respective designs. While the most realistic CATs available are the 6 from GMAC, the CATs from Kaplan, MGMAT and Veritas are all 'close enough' to the real thing that they will provide you with a relatively realistic score assessment (assuming that you correctly take the CAT in a realistic fashion that matches the parameters that you will face when you take the Official GMAT). Based on these CAT results (and even going back to your initial CAT), you appear to be a strong overall critical-thinker - so you likely have the capacity to earn a 700+ on the Official GMAT.

Before I can offer you any additional advice, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

Studies:
1) How long have you studied in total? How many hours do you typically study each week?
2) What study materials have you used so far? What “brands” of CATs/mocks have you used?
3) On what dates (or approximate dates) did you take EACH of your CATs/mocks and how did you score on EACH (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for EACH)?

Goals:
4) What is your overall goal score?
5) When are you planning to apply to Business School and what Schools are you planning to apply to?

Rich

Studies
1) Typically for GMAT, I would have studied approx. 300-400 hours in total. Basically i started preparing for GMAT in start of 2020 and studied till September, then because of being involved in a full time job i didn't got the time to prepare. In May, 2021 i started studying again and after brushing up the concepts i gave mocks to see how much has been lost, but i am scoring same as last year. Therefore not much has been lost and i stand on same level. Plus the time when i was not preparing for GMAT, i read a lot of articles and good materials so my response time per question in verbal has significantly improved. Every week i study around 8-10 hours.
2) I have used official guides, manhattan material,Kaplan material and GMAT Club resources. I have given kaplan,manhattan,gmatprep,veritas and gmat club mocks.
3) Dates i don't remember but last year i gave 1 mock on kaplan and i scored 700 with verbal score of 38 and quant score of 48 and , one mock of manhattan and scored 38 on verbal and 44 on quant. This year i agve two kaplan and scored 710(V38 Q 49) and 720(V38 Q50). Every mock was 10 days apart and analyzed in depth after every mock.
Goals
1)My goal is to score 720 above
2)I am planning to apply for Mim at ESSEC,HEC,ESCP and ESMT for 2022 intake. So i will be applying in October 2021 in the first round itself.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi shob22,

Based on what we have discussed, the immediate questions are really about how rigorous you were about taking your CATs in a realistic fashion that matches-up with how you will take the Official GMAT. If you accounted for most of the 'details' of Test Day (and the time leading up to it), then you could potentially take the GMAT soon and hit your Score Goal.

1) Have you scheduled your Official GMAT yet (and are you planning to take the At-home GMAT or are you planning to take your GMAT at a Test Facility?)?

Rich
Intern
Intern
Send PM
EMPOWERgmatRichC wrote:
Hi shob22,

Based on what we have discussed, the immediate questions are really about how rigorous you were about taking your CATs in a realistic fashion that matches-up with how you will take the Official GMAT. If you accounted for most of the 'details' of Test Day (and the time leading up to it), then you could potentially take the GMAT soon and hit your Score Goal.

1) Have you scheduled your Official GMAT yet (and are you planning to take the At-home GMAT or are you planning to take your GMAT at a Test Facility?)?

Rich

I took the exam in the same fashion, within the same time and same pressure.
I'll take the GMAT at a Test facility because i don't like the idea of using white board and rubbing again and again. It'll just waste my time, plus i don't want my test to be affected because of network issues and power failures. Right now the covid situation in my country is quite tensed. Though the facility is open, i don't feel safe to go there at present. I'll plan my exam in August because i have plenty of time for the application rounds and in this time i can try to boost my score above 720.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi shob22,

You should certainly take the GMAT in whichever format is 'best' for you - and making sure that you are safe (relative to all of the ongoing Covid-related issues) is clearly a good idea. That having been said, an August Test Date would be 2-3 months (or slightly more) away from right now - and that's a long time to wait when you appear to be scoring at your Goal Score level right now. This is meant to say that if there is a reasonable option to take the GMAT before August, then you might want to consider an earlier date.

Rich
GMAT Club Bot