Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 02:09 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 02:09

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [1]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Personal MBA Coach Founder
Status:Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Wharton graduate - Helping applicants get into top global business schools since 2008
Affiliations: Wharton, MIT
Own Kudos [?]: 359 [1]
Given Kudos: 11
Overall Client Admit Rate: 96%
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.16
WE:Corporate Finance (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Re: Wharton Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Hey,

I am a 39-year old relationship manager with corporate banking division of India’s leading private sector bank. I did my undergraduate studies from IIT Delhi (B.Tech.-Mechanical) (2001-5) and gradudate studies from IIM Indore (Post Graduate Diploma in Management) (2006-8). My GMAT score is 700 (Q50/V34) as taken on Oct 18, 2020 (Online). I have rich banking experience, working in diverse banking verticals, including derivatives pricing, M&A advisory (IB), and corporate banking. Things were going pretty good when in 2013 I was diagnosed with leukemia, which resulted in my long drawn battle with the ailment. By God's grace, I recovered fully, as I resumed with corporate banking at the bank's New Delhi office, and have been going strong since. I applied to Wharton in R2 for 2021 admit, but was not invited for the interview.

What should I do to improve my chances of making it to Wharton MBA?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Wharton Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Hello - thank you for this. Below is my high level profile, and I'd love any feedback you have to offer on my chances at acceptance and how to strengthen my story for Wharton.

Background and nationality: 29 year old black and middle eastern woman born and raised in NYC and surrounding area

Undergrad Information: went to a state school in the northeast US (top 100 university). 3.44 GPA (but upward trajectory from start to finish). Majored in finance, double minored in economics and international business. Received honors bachelor of science after attending the university honors program. Received the highest merit scholarship offered at the university for 4 years. Graduated a month into the age of 21

Extracurriculars in college: received honors award for completing coursework and maintaining required GPA for first 2 years of program; member of 2 honors societies; dean's list several semesters; study abroad in Europe; member, choreographer and dancer for 3 years and executive board member (treasurer) for 2 years of largest student run dance company

GMAT: 720 (48Q/41V/6IR)

Work experience and leadership: 7 years of experience since undergrad in Manhattan. First, pondering law school, worked as a legal assistant for 1.5 years at an AmLaw 50 law firm (50 largest firms by revenue) supporting partners in the leveraged finance and corporate & securities practice groups. Here, I also organized the first ever day of community service as co-chair of the committee for the 300+ employees in the NY office to volunteer with the Special Olympics. Then, after deciding against law school and wanting to focus on business, spent 3.5 years at one of the most prestigious and oldest law firms in the US in business development as first a coordinator and then an analyst (promoted after 2 years) for the corporate department. Corporate practice areas included securities, m&a, leveraged finance/banking, etc. Helped source potential deals and clients, prepared pitch books and research ahead of client meetings, and maintained department stats for reporting to management. While never in a formal management role, I went from the most junior person on my 5-person team to the most senior, where I trained new coordinators and managed projects for our partners. My most recent transition was to my current company, a specialized finance company focused on investing in the legal industry (NYSE and LSE public). I joined as the first associate on a team of just a few people and helped develop the operational structure of our databases while also working with the newly hired managing director of the group in building out the team of client-facing sales people (15+ people now) and plan for approaching different markets with our product. After being promoted to manager after 3 years, I manage process improvement projects aimed at bettering how we use our databases as proactive tools for my team but also work with the C-Suite pretty heavily on data analytics on our deals, department, clients and broader business and consult on implementing future strategies accordingly. I regularly put together strategy decks for management and the board and contribute to our public annual reporting. I've managed 4 interns throughout my time at my company as well as manage our relationship with our outsourced research consultants (team of ~4) who complete projects for us.

Community and others: since college, I've volunteered for nonprofits such as Special Olympics and organizations against children's abuse, fundraised for several years for cancer research, and joined an associate board of a nonprofit supporting foster care youth in nyc (3 years on board until 2019, now more support role in fundraising and volunteering when I can). Since I've danced and performed since I was 2 years old, I continue to take classes in NYC as well as stay active via fitness classes and boxing. I love to travel (when we are not in a pandemic) and have been to almost 20 countries. I'm also a member of my company's newly formed diversity committee, working to improve our internal and external support of diverse communities.

Post MBA goals: short-term, I want to join a consulting firm (MBB and next-tier) to build upon my experience over the last couple of years in supporting company strategic initiatives and growth and get the opportunity to learn about and help many new companies. Long-term, after at least a few years in consulting and broadening my expertise, I'd like to transition to industry (potentially to a client, F500 range) and use the quantitative and management skills I have gained in my MBA to support a single company's growth trajectory, eventually as Chief Strategy Officer. I'm not set on an industry yet (I may have an easier transition to financial/professional services since that is where my background in but I'd be open to exploring this during my MBA and internship).

Any thoughts or feedback you have on my profile would be great!

Originally posted by yasminescott on 14 Jun 2021, 08:05.
Last edited by yasminescott on 14 Jun 2021, 08:41, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello!

Background and nationality: I am a South African undergraduate student in my final year

Undergrad Information: Bachelor of Business Science in Finance and Accounting at the University of Cape Town

GMAT: 610 :silent:

Work experience and leadership: President of UCT Investment Society, Founder of GradAccess (pty) ltd - a company that makes tech to help underserved students apply for university from smartphones, McKinsey NGWL 2021 programme participant, Incoming Visiting Associate Boston Consulting Group, Allan Gray Orbis Foundation scholarship recipient, Klaus-Jurgen Bathe scholarship recipient, GrowBCG programme participant, waitress (1 year), sales clerk (1 year), tutor for first-year mathematics at UCT (1 year)

Community and others: SHAWCO project leader - taught maths, English and Art to 3rd-grade students in underserved regions for 3 years, volunteered at children's homes for 6 years

Post-MBA goals: Investment Banking

Anything else?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
Hi

I am looking for admissions in Wharton for the class of 22-24. If you can kindly review my profile

Profile:
• 28 year old Indian male.
• Top Engineering college from India (IIT)
• Top 20% at Engineering school (CGPA - 8.17)
• GMAT Last score 670 - Aiming to give again in June - July 21' (gave 3 attempts and studying for past ~1.5 years)

Work Experience -
• ~5+ Years (India + UK + NY)
• Investment Banking (Markets Divisions) in a Multinational US Bank - No switches
• Relocated to UK ~2020 (~10 months - on-Going)
• Offered to move to the US in 2019 ( visa issues :) )
• NY work Exp ~3.5 Months varied over time

Internships -
Varied across Service sector (IT) + E-commerce + Marketing

Leaderships -
• Work - Team lead in India - Team of 4 people
• College - Club heads/ organising Club events
• Career Mentorships to college grads

Certifications -
• FRM (completed)
• CFA (L3 results awaited)
• NSE/BMC(Bloomberg Market challenge)

Extracurriculars:
• Conferences -
Finance - HPAIR (Harvard Porject for Asian and International Relations)
Entrepreneurship - Nation wide entrepreneurial drive (Jagriti yatra)
• Sports Badminton - Representation across diff IIT's - Acknowledgement at college level
• Clubs - Business Club. Finance classes + organising college events

Social
• NSS - Volunteering. Recognition from Director for the work
• XLRI - Employment generation for BoP women in a remote area of an India state

Awards & Honours:
• Case studies - winners across varied IIT's case studies competion
• Sports - winners across varied college sports fests

Post-MBA goal- Return to Finance sector
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [1]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi akbindia,

Thank you for providing these specifics. First of all, let me tell you the qualities that Wharton looks for in applicants.
1. Professional Maturity, in terms of contributions to the work environment, and level of responsibility and progression.
2. Clarity of thought: You should be very clear about your career goals, how Wharton fits in the picture, and how you contribute to the Wharton community.
3. Strong presentation

I assume you have a pretty good experience, which will help you show point 1 of the above. I believe you should go through your whole application and essay to see what went wrong and how you explain your perspective. Most of the good applicants who do not make it through the interview are because they could not connect the dots. Here, I assume that you may not have explained why being a 39 year old, you are a good fit for the culture and community of the Wharton FT program. Here are a few questions to get you started: Did you mention your career goals convincingly to the adcoms? You can read this article which will discuss some hard facts and the absolute keys to enhancing your candidacy as an MBA reapplicant.

I would like to know about your profile in detail to analyze what went wrong so that the next time you apply, you make a compelling case to the adcoms. Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

How to enhance your application and maximize your chances for fall intake

Cheers!
Shantanu Sharma
Founder and Admissions Consultant, MBA and Beyond
Testimonials
Email: shantanu@mbaandbeyond.com
What s app: +65-97158525

akbindia wrote:
Hey,

I am a 39-year old relationship manager with corporate banking division of India’s leading private sector bank. I did my undergraduate studies from IIT Delhi (B.Tech.-Mechanical) (2001-5) and gradudate studies from IIM Indore (Post Graduate Diploma in Management) (2006-8). My GMAT score is 700 (Q50/V34) as taken on Oct 18, 2020 (Online). I have rich banking experience, working in diverse banking verticals, including derivatives pricing, M&A advisory (IB), and corporate banking. Things were going pretty good when in 2013 I was diagnosed with leukemia, which resulted in my long drawn battle with the ailment. By God's grace, I recovered fully, as I resumed with corporate banking at the bank's New Delhi office, and have been going strong since. I applied to Wharton in R2 for 2021 admit, but was not invited for the interview.

What should I do to improve my chances of making it to Wharton MBA?
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi nomad01,

Thank you for sharing your profile. Your profile looks good on the surface. Starting with stats, your undergrad GPA is good. The average GMAT score at Wharton is 722, therefore you should aim for a GMAT score of 730 or above to enhance your chances. Your CFA level certification will also boost your profile significantly. On the work front, I can see elements of leadership in your experience. Also, you have quite good international exposure as you have worked in the UK & NY, and if you are successful in telling stories of how it has broadened your perspective and shaped your personality, it does put you in a great spot.

Your ECs sound good. You have exhibited leadership qualities and have achievements in your college life, which is a plus to your profile.

Your post-MBA goals make sense. Try to elaborate more. Wharton is a great school when it comes to finance because of its reputation as a finance school, it’s not surprising that almost 35.8% of the class chose careers in the finance industry.

Overall you have a good profile. Just try to get a good GMAT score. However, I would like to know some major aspects of your work profile, such as career progression and impact. If you’d like, we are happy to hop on a call with you sometime this week to discuss your profile in length and further chances to the b-school. Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

Cheers!
Shantanu Sharma
Founder and Admissions Consultant, MBA and Beyond
Testimonials
Email: shantanu@mbaandbeyond.com
What s app: +65-97158525

nomad01 wrote:
Hi

I am looking for admissions in Wharton for the class of 22-24. If you can kindly review my profile

Profile:
• 28 year old Indian male.
• Top Engineering college from India (IIT)
• Top 20% at Engineering school (CGPA - 8.17)
• GMAT Last score 670 - Aiming to give again in June - July 21' (gave 3 attempts and studying for past ~1.5 years)

Work Experience -
• ~5+ Years (India + UK + NY)
• Investment Banking (Markets Divisions) in a Multinational US Bank - No switches
• Relocated to UK ~2020 (~10 months - on-Going)
• Offered to move to the US in 2019 ( visa issues :) )
• NY work Exp ~3.5 Months varied over time

Internships -
Varied across Service sector (IT) + E-commerce + Marketing

Leaderships -
• Work - Team lead in India - Team of 4 people
• College - Club heads/ organising Club events
• Career Mentorships to college grads

Certifications -
• FRM (completed)
• CFA (L3 results awaited)
• NSE/BMC(Bloomberg Market challenge)

Extracurriculars:
• Conferences -
Finance - HPAIR (Harvard Porject for Asian and International Relations)
Entrepreneurship - Nation wide entrepreneurial drive (Jagriti yatra)
• Sports Badminton - Representation across diff IIT's - Acknowledgement at college level
• Clubs - Business Club. Finance classes + organising college events

Social
• NSS - Volunteering. Recognition from Director for the work
• XLRI - Employment generation for BoP women in a remote area of an India state

Awards & Honours:
• Case studies - winners across varied IIT's case studies competion
• Sports - winners across varied college sports fests

Post-MBA goal- Return to Finance sector
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GMAT 2: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 4
Send PM
Hi - please see below details of my background. I am looking to apply to Wharton this year. Thank you for doing this. I look forward to your feedback!

Basic details: I am 23 years old, and have lived in four different countries, including India, South Africa, The Netherlands and now, England.

Education: 3-year Bachelors Degree (BSc Management) at the London School of Economics with a First Class Honours (not sure what the GPA equivalent is).
Currently pursuing a professional CIMA (Chartered Institute of Management Accountants) qualification.

Work Experience: I have been working at J.P. Morgan in London as a Finance & Business Management Analyst since September 2019. I am part of a 3 year rotational programme. See below for rotations:

(Sep 2019 - Oct 2020) - P&L Controller for one of J.P. Morgan's largest UK entities.
(Oct 2020 - Present) - Business Manager for Corporate & Investment Bank Equities Operations (tasked with supporting senior Business Heads in the Equities Operations organisation).
(Oct 2021 - TBC) - Equities Financing Product Controller.

Before my full time job, I also interned at J.P. Morgan (Equities Valuations Control Group), alongside KPMG (Deals Intern) and SaturnF1 (E-Learning Analyst for the e-commerce arm of Apollo Tyres).

My current GMAT score is 710 (Q49 V38), but I am preparing for a resit to improve my score.

Extra-curricular activities: Playing cricket (was part of the team that won the national youth Dutch tournament). In addition, I was the Vice President & Treasurer of the LSE SU India Forum, which is a day-long conference that hosts dignitaries from India across fields such as Business, Finance, Sports, Politics and Entertainment. In addition, I was also the Designer and Treasurer for the LSE SU India Society. I have also had the experience of co-hosting the Captain of the Indian Women's Cricket Team and the Captain of the Indian Men's Football Team in an online webinar, which I organised alongside a friend. Currently, I am part of the Learning & Development Pillar of the F&BM Analyst Committee at J.P. Morgan, which organises and hosts training and development sessions for graduates on the programme. Also a volunteer in the J.P. Morgan Markets Operations Diversity & Inclusion Council. In my free time, I engage in financial literature and enjoy reading about business leaders and management.

Post-MBA aspirations: I wish to transition into Investment Banking for a few years to enhance and develop my skill set (e.g. analysing company fundamentals, teamwork and leadership skills etc.) following which I would like to pursue opportunities in Social Enterprise/Impact Investing.
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Expert Reply
tusharmittal98:

You have a very compelling profile!

A 710 on the GMAT is fine, but I agree it would be advantageous for you to retake to see if you can do at least slightly better. You can't go lower than a 710 (they take your highest) so you're already in good shape.

I am not sure the investment banking --> social impact investing is the best pitch. I like the long-term goal but think you can probably be more creative when it comes to the short-term role. Investment banking tends to be a bit hackneyed. Can you think of a more interesting way to get to social impact investing without having to do banking?

Otherwise, you're slightly young for the typical Wharton applicant but there are plenty of people who do 2-3 years prior to applying, so it's not out of the realm of possibilities.

Please reach out if you'd like to chat with one of our consultants about the specifics of the Wharton application as well as our services to help you get there!

https://admissionado.com/free-consultation/
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Can someone please review my profile. (Thanks in advance)

GMAT - Yet to appear (targeting 750+)
10th - 89.4% (ICSE)
12th - 70% with PCM (ISC)
Graduation - B.tech (Production engineering) from Guru nanak dev Engineering college (70 %)

Nationality - Indian
Professional Experience- 41 Months of Full time work experience across manufacturing,trading
and energy industry (till november 2020)
Post November 2020 - Working on my own web based application (Startup), Working with
NGO’s as a project manager, Learning new skill sets (Certifications)
Professional Roles - Integral part of the Managing director’s strategy team, Deputy Manager
Business excellence team(Part of PMO)
Career key highlights -
1. Integral part of the Managing director's office team- Handled Coordinated and
managed frontend operations like Sales ,Strategy , IT, HR, VOC, Call centre.
2. Joined hero cycles as a business analyst to the plant head.Later I was promoted to
the business excellence team (Part of PMO). Established best practices across
industries,benchmarking, New product development, Product standardization,Cost
saving,Process automation,Digital transformation, Green field project.
3. Part of the corporate governance team - Coordinating with the government. officials
for upcoming policies on import export and subsidy in electric vehicles.
4. Handled a Cost saving project portfolio of 250 milllion INR
5. Part of CFT for greenfield plant project with the capacity of around 2 million bicycles
annually.Lead a CFT to design SOP’s for the new plant benchmarking the best practices in the
industry.
6. Synergized best practices and projects across plants in india with GROUP business
excellence initiative.
Extra-Curricular:-
1. Part of Technical societies:-
SCIE - Students chapter institution of engineers
(Executive member - Organized various technical events as a part of the
society-Awarded for the best event of the year)
2. Part of Cultural and art club:-
PFA - Photography and fine arts club
(Creative Head - Organized various events and took part in various inter college
photography competition)
3. Part of Non profit youth run organization acknowledged by colleges like ISB
and London School of economics
AIESEC - Non profit youth run organization across 120+ countries known for its
global exposure
- Cross cultural exchange with interns from ukraine,belgium,egypt ,russia,Uganda by
creating job opportunities for them in the city
-Best OCP (Organizing committee president ) Twice
-Generated revenue worth Rs 30000 from recruitment drives
-Interviewed more than 300+ students
-Handled a team of HR,Marketing,BD, Finance
-Collaborated and signed MoU with various brands and cafe's - Barter
marketing
-Conducted recruitment drives across colleges across the city
-Got my entity promoted to LC from an expansion
- Best Member of the year
4. Part of the core team for all cultural and technical fests
5. Due to flexible attendance - Volunteered as a trainee-utilized my time by taking
up practical knowledge of the industries to hone up my skills .
Also, Designed and conceptualized a logo for one of the companies from
scrap.
Post MBA goals - Entrepreneurship
Queries:-
1. What is the impact of dead backlogs on your admission?
2. I resigned from my job in November 2020 - working on my own web based
application (Startup) . What would be the impact of the same on my
application?
Shall I join a full time job for the time being ?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
GRE 1: Q159 V164
Send PM
Hi,

I am Indian and I work as a Senior Software Engineer and have a work experience of 6+ years. I was in Belgium based company for 6 years in India (nearly 3 years in Belgium). Now I am working for US company from India (Tech wise you can consider it as start-up but it has 20+ years history from business side).

Educational background:
B.Tech - 81.33%
College: Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Hyderabad.
Major: Computer Science and Engineering.

10+2: 90.6%
10: 86%

GRE Score: 323 (Verbal: 164, Quant: 159).

Extra info:
* Completed Entrepreneurship program in Indian School of Business in co-ordination in collaboration with Bocconi University in Italy.
* Won 2 international Hackathons.
* Indian Ambassador for Collibri foundation in Belgium.

Please let me know if any other information is needed. Thanks in advance.
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi VR46333,

Thank you for sharing your profile. Starting with stats, your undergrad GPA is good and a good GRE score. You didn’t share much information about your work experience like roles and responsibilities you have undertaken, promotion, impact, etc., but it does look good from the details you have provided. Here's where your personal essay or recommendation letter comes in. You have a pretty good international experience (stressed and especially looked for by all the b-schools). I think your work experience establishes you as a strong leader with extensive international experience (which makes your reason for pursuing MBA for global opportunities stronger).

You must share your experience when you were an ambassador and how it has helped you shape your personality and vision. You have done an entrepreneurship program from ISB, which can add value to your academic potential.

Overall, you have an impressive profile with a dynamic personality, which you should highlight in your applications. However, there are many unknowns here, such as your reasons for pursuing an MBA, your post-MBA goals, other schools you wish to target, and if your goals are aligned with an MBA at Wharton, we are happy to hear your story and have a deeper grasp of your entire profile to help you understand what Wharton or other schools are looking for. Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

Cheers!
Neha Hadke
Profile Analyst & Community Manager, MBA and Beyond
Testimonials
Email: neha@mbaandbeyond.com

VR46333 wrote:
Hi,

I am Indian and I work as a Senior Software Engineer and have a work experience of 6+ years. I was in Belgium based company for 6 years in India (nearly 3 years in Belgium). Now I am working for US company from India (Tech wise you can consider it as start-up but it has 20+ years history from business side).

Educational background:
B.Tech - 81.33%
College: Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Hyderabad.
Major: Computer Science and Engineering.

10+2: 90.6%
10: 86%

GRE Score: 323 (Verbal: 164, Quant: 159).

Extra info:
* Completed Entrepreneurship program in Indian School of Business in co-ordination in collaboration with Bocconi University in Italy.
* Won 2 international Hackathons.
* Indian Ambassador for Collibri foundation in Belgium.

Please let me know if any other information is needed. Thanks in advance.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V36
GPA: 3.82
Send PM
Work experience - Will be completing 4 years work experience with McKinsey and Company as a data scientist.
Undergraduation - Completed my undergraduation from one of the top engineering colleges (Delhi Technological University) in India in Mathematics and Computing Engineering.
School - Got 10 CGPA in 10th and 97% in 12th boards CBSE
GMAT - Got 700 in GMAT (Q49, V36, IR4, AWA4).
Others - Have been involved in various social and co-curricular activities such as National level Horse riding, State level Air Rifle Shooting, Command level football, etc

Is aiming for Wharton ambitious, realistic or sureshot?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Demographic: 28, Scandinavian, Male
GMAT Score: est. 700

Education:
BSc in Maritime Administration (2018) 3.47/4.0
MSc in Finance and Accounting: (2020) 2.85/4.0

Work-Ex:
Currently working as senior consultant at Big 4 (2020 - Present: 1 year, will have 3 years of experience before joining Business School). Fast tracked, promotion from consultant to senior consultant in one year.

Worked part time at worlds largest transportation company, for two years (2017-2019)
Interned at worlds largest transportation company, PMO/M&A (For 8 months in 2017/18)
Worked part time at major Scandinavian bank (for 4 months 2016)
Worked part time as a bookkeeper at a small firm (for 8 months 2016)
I focused more at gaining work experience, than improving my GPA, since this was crucial in landing a fulltime job after graduation.

Extracurricular:
Current board member of Mensa (Country chapter)
Semester exchange to WHU - Otto Beisheim School of Management, Germany (2019)
Semester exchange to Texas A&M, USA (2017)

Languages:
English (Fluent), Danish (Native)

Role after MBA:
Consulting / Business Development / Operations

Aiming for the following universities:
INSEAD
London Business School
HEC Paris
Judge Business School
Saïd Business School
Columbia (Maybe)
HBS (Maybe)
Wharton (Maybe)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 1305
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V37
WE:Investment Banking (Venture Capital)
Send PM
Looking for someone to evaluate my profile.

Background: Indian Male, Age 28 years
Education: B.E. (Hons.), Mechanical Engineering, BITS Pilani, GPA - 7.55
Extracurricular activities during college - CEO of Incubation Programme - Managed and led 30 member team to run one of the largest student-led incubation programme in India. Was also part of NSS, helping underprivileged children in learning English and other academic subjects. At college, conducted free tuition classes for 5 poor students for senior school subjects. Two of those students are now working in JP Morgan and Infosys.

Short summary: I am a senior leadership professional in one of the largest financial services company in India with cumulative 6+ years of experience in strategy consulting, fintech innovation and venture capital.

Professional experiences: Currently working as Deputy Vice President with the MD in Kotak Securities, leading 5 member team. Have been board members of 5 fintech and technology startups. In the past organizations, have been promoted cumulatively 5 times. from last 4 years, have been an active role in driving strategic initiatives in largest private sector banks in india and leading innovation intrapreneurship initiatives within the BFSI domain.

Professional extra-curricular activities: Mentor to startups. Does active volunteering in education colleges, promoting entrepreneurship.

Extra-curricular activities: Have been part of core cricket team of inter-college fest. Do marathons from time to time.

GMAT Score: 710 (Q50, V37, IR8)

Short-term post MBA goals: I want to work as part of strategy consulting team in Mckinsey or Bain, helping fortune 500 companies in innovation transformation utilizing my past experience of leading such initiatives in BFSI domain.

Long-term MBA goals: I want to launch a first-of--its kind integrated incubator program for startups, corporates and venture capital firms. The program will nurture technology startups right from the idea phase and at the same time will work with corporates as an extension of their corporate development and digital transformation initiatives.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
Send PM
It'd be greatly appreciated if anyone could evaluate my profile!

Background and nationality: Korean(US & Korea dual citizen), currently working in Korea.
Undergrad Information: Top 70 US University, GPA 3.12
GMAT: 760 (Q 50/ V 41)
Work experience and leadership: 70 months matriculation at top-tier local investment bank in Korea. Structured overseas alternative investment products (real estate, trade finance, infrastructure, etc.) 2 promotions.

Community and others: Tennis coach for volunteer
VP of student club during college
Worked for an institute that teaches juniors in finance

Post MBA goals: Join a private equity focusing in alternative investment.

Others: Served in the Korean military for 2 years
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 86
Schools: Stern '24 (I)
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.55
Send PM
souvik101990 wrote:
I'm in. In to apply, I mean!

Hi, I'm an indian female
chemical engineer working in one of the world's largest oil and gas companies.
Work experience- Financial planning and analysis +Engineering + latest- team lead within oil and gas projects
Undergrad Information
GMAT:740(V44 Q48)
Work experience and leadership - Work ex as above + global recognition+ award from VP+ team lead for projects
Community and others - Participation in college and company CSR events at an Average level

Post MBA goals- Build on the finance knowledge and work in M&A and consulting roles for energy companies transitioning into clean tech and renewables.

Anything else?- consistent and high academics
Great LORs

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 117 [0]
Given Kudos: 166
Send PM
Hi,
Would appreciate your support for profile evaluation-
Nationality- Indian
GMAT- 770
Work Ex - 52months (day of enrollment)
International work ex - 29 months
Industry- oil and gas , epc sector
Position- procurement engineer
Currently spearheading edtech business venture of the company in middle east market.
Certification- SAP MM, SIX SIGNA GREEN BELT, BLACK BELT, PMP(PDU CERTIFICATE ONLY, EXAM IN DEC 2021)
work exp in countries such as nigeria, saudi arabia, dubai etc...
Post mba career - consulting (operations/scm)
Long term- to head scm /operations division with amazon or walmart ...
Extra curricular- avg (motorcycle tours,
Community service- not much but have helped indian expat community to get repatriate from saudi to india in the midst of covid ..so there is one interesting instance....
Helped save my boss's life when he was having a heart attack...so
Not the usual ngo kinda exp bt yes do have some ... community impact examples..

Target school-
Top 10

Good essays-7/10
LOR- all good as have some interesting stories and have led multiple projects for big clients like aramco , sabic etc...
UG- mechanical engineering , 6.93/10 cgpa - avg University (top 30% in the class)

Looking forward to hearing from you...
Cheers

BR
Sk

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   
Moderators:
HBS and Wharton Moderator
55 posts
Wharton and Tepper Moderator
106 posts