Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 20:37 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 20:37

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 640 Q42 V38
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 650 Q48 V31
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: Smith (II)
Send PM
Re: Queen's MBA: Full-Time January 2022 (Class of 2023) [#permalink]
Can someone please share their interview experience in detail? It would be really helpful. I received an interview invite and need help in preparation.
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8831 [1]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
LisaAnchalia wrote:
Can someone please share their interview experience in detail? It would be really helpful. I received an interview invite and need help in preparation.

Congratulations LisaAnchalia You can check some interview experiences at the following link https://gmatclub.com/forum/queen-s-mba- ... brief.html
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 31
GMAT 1: 620 Q49 V25
GPA: 4
Send PM
Kudos
Hi all, Can someone please share the details about the named scholarship offered by Queen’s? There is not enough information on their website.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Marketing, Finance
GMAT 1: 640 Q45 V32
GPA: 3.4
WE:Sales (Other)
Send PM
Hey guys, i have a question regarding the immigration in Canada. If I complete the 1year mba program at Ivey or queen’s, that will give me pgwp of year (equivalent to the course duration) but to get the PR I’ll have to complete 1 year of work experience in Canada, right? So, even if i complete my work experience in that PGWP period of 1 year, how will i get the PR, because my application will take at least a couple of months to process.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 44 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Send PM
Hey Ashishpalve39

You will have time post the course to apply search & once ur work commences apply for work permit. So actually it will be more than a year. During this time you can apply for FSW with higher points as you will have Canadian education. if you wanna apply under CEC then you can wait for the 1yr to complete. In the interim you can renew the work visa which is quite easy to do.

Ashishpalve39 wrote:
Hey guys, i have a question regarding the immigration in Canada. If I complete the 1year mba program at Ivey or queen’s, that will give me pgwp of year (equivalent to the course duration) but to get the PR I’ll have to complete 1 year of work experience in Canada, right? So, even if i complete my work experience in that PGWP period of 1 year, how will i get the PR, because my application will take at least a couple of months to process.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V37
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Hello everyone,
I've been trying to reach out to the Assistant Director, Ad Com at Smith but havent received a response to my email for almost a month. The intention was to have an informal chat about my profile and candidature. What should be the next best step in this situation?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
GRE 1: Q168 V156
Send PM
Kudos
MayurAhuja wrote:
Hello everyone,
I've been trying to reach out to the Assistant Director, Ad Com at Smith but havent received a response to my email for almost a month. The intention was to have an informal chat about my profile and candidature. What should be the next best step in this situation?

Did you try the preliminary assessment?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V37
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
abvit19 wrote:
MayurAhuja wrote:
Hello everyone,

Yes I did. I was asked to submit my GMAT, Cover Letter, etc. I never got the chance to have a conversation with the Adcom. The person communicating with me is the Application Advisor and I was hoping to speak to someone on the Adcom

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 44 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Send PM
The app advisor is generally the adcom member or someone from their team.

Hope you havent burned bridges :)

MayurAhuja wrote:
abvit19 wrote:
MayurAhuja wrote:
Hello everyone,

Yes I did. I was asked to submit my GMAT, Cover Letter, etc. I never got the chance to have a conversation with the Adcom. The person communicating with me is the Application Advisor and I was hoping to speak to someone on the Adcom

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
GMAT 1: 620 Q49 V25
Send PM
Veenu21 wrote:
Hi all, Can someone please share the details about the named scholarship offered by Queen’s? There is not enough information on their website.

Hey Guys, Please help me with this. I need to submit my Cover Letter in which I have to mention about named scholarships.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey! I don’t think you need to mention this as candidates are generally considered for scholarships by default.
Veenu21 wrote:

Hey Guys, Please help me with this. I need to submit my Cover Letter in which I have to mention about named scholarships.

Hi everyone!

Originally posted by Adediola on 16 Jun 2021, 17:00.
Last edited by Adediola on 16 Jun 2021, 17:01, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GRE 1: Q168 V156
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 248
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V33
GMAT 2: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Nikhil wrote:
abvit19 wrote:
Sure Nikhil

Who is your favourite leader?

Written: are people born leaders or can you develop that skills

Last situational question: Friday , weekend about to start, you have already made plans for a short trip during the weekend, but boss gives you work that would require you to work during the weekend

what will you do & why

Thanks, abvit19

FYI, I have started to compile all the KIRA interview questions at the following link. If anyone is done with the Queen's KIRA interview, please let me know which questions you got?

https://gmatclub.com/forum/queen-s-kira ... 53849.html

Hi Nikhil,

I recently completed KIRA interview. Below are the questions :

1. State 2 traits of your workplace colleagues that you admire and 2 traits that make you crazy
2. You have caught your colleague doing unethical activity at workplace. How will you respond to the situation?
Written Essay : Would you describe yourself as analytical or creative. Give some recent examples.

I have interview scheduled in coming weeks :fingers_crossed:
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Hi guys,
I’ve received an admit to the class of 2023 and was hoping to connect with some incoming students. Is there a group on FB / WA that I can get access to?

Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 248
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V33
GMAT 2: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Hi @lizfer, congratulations on receiving admit! Could you please share your profile?

All, I am planning to apply to Queens for Jan'22 intake.
Stats : Female, 27, Indian with 4 years of work experience in IT. Working in US-based F500 MNC.

Could you please advise if it's good idea to apply at this stage or should I wait and apply for Jan'23 intake. Do they have cap on number of Indian students admitted?

Originally posted by Alpha420 on 22 Jun 2021, 02:46.
Last edited by Alpha420 on 22 Jun 2021, 12:28, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi, I have an admit for the Jan '22 intake, since my work permit will be one year, how do I apply for PR? Can I start the process before arriving in Canada? I have a bachelors degree and 4 years work ex from India.
If not, if I am to apply for PR after my MBA, is it possible to get PR within the one year of my work permit? If not, how do I extend my work permit? What are my options? As far as i understand, if I start my program in January ‘22 I am eligible to start my PR process in June ‘22 under the Ontario PNP? I get a year of work permit means from January ‘23 till January ‘24 so I have time from June ‘22-January ‘24 to get my PR approved. Is this correct?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Congrats!
lizfer96 wrote:
Hi guys,
I’ve received an admit to the class of 2023 and was hoping to connect with some incoming students. Is there a group on FB / WA that I can get access to?

GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts