Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 20:22 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 20:22

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8831 [0]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Fortuna Admissions Consultant
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Re: Ask Fortuna Admissions [#permalink]
Rockstar20 wrote:
Hi please evaluate my profile for Olin , Tepper , Rotman , Simon , Goizueta . Planning to apply for 2022 intake

I have a GMAT Score of 720 (Q49 V39 IR4)

I have done my graduation ( B.E - Electronics and Communication Engineering ) from Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Patiala, India with a CGPA of 9.04/10 (90.4%) . Also I have been a 2 time merit scholarship holder (2 consecutive years ) in my college .

My 10th class CGPA has been 10 CGPA (95 %) and 12th class percentage has been 91.8%

I have worked for 2 clubs in my college -:

1) Cultural club in which I was a part of the event organizing team and played a role of a cultural head i.e talking to the managers of renowned musicians and sufi artists , planning out the cultural events etc.

2) Science & Maths Club - Here I was a part of their management team wherein I helped them organize several fun maths & science challenges.

I have worked for 2 NGO’s as well -:

One was a Wildlife conservation NGO wherein I was a part of the team which rescued animals on road which were hurt ( due to accidents with cars etc.)

Second was an NGO wherein I taught underprivileged kids and helped them gather resources such as school books , school bags etc.

I have been in ZS for the past 12 months.(24 months at the time of matriculation)
In ZS, I have been working closely with a US pharma client and i handle their sales incentive compensation and goal setting . I analyze extensive retail and outlet level sales data to create useful insights and also do call planning for field reps to optimize customer reach . I have also provided ad hoc analytical support for clients to help cater to varying demands from field representatives.
Working at ZS has led me learning about a lot of new dimensions of how the industry works , also analyzing the real sales data helps understanding the different areas where things can be improved to get better profits for the company .

This all has led me to derive insights and look in those directions which are generally ignored by us.

Not sure of your age and total work experience. If it will only be 2 years at matriculation, that would put you on the young side for most schools. Your GMAT is solid for the schools you are targeting and I like the variety of extracurriculars. (although it’s not clear if you are still involved - that would be important). I think your biggest challenge may be age.
Current Student
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
BKooser wrote:
rgarg13 - your work experience will be attractive given the social impact it has had (and can have in the future. No worries on the gap in your resume. You can address it in the "optional" essays. All of your targets are very competitive, as you know, so it’s hard for anyone to get admitted. However, you have an interesting background that could be turned into a solid application. That being said, I would add some other schools to your mix
Thank you for your valuable feedback :-)
Send PM
Saswat30 wrote:
Name : Saswat Singh GMAT: 720
Nationality: Indian male
Undergrad Information: B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering
GPA: 8.84 CGPA
Work experience: 2 years 9 months currently, By the Aug 2022 it will be approx 4 years
Function: Senior Systems Engineer, Basically Software Developer responsible for Development of Application
Graduation: 8.84 CGPA; 12th: 88.8%; 10th: 95%

Extracurricular: Performed Hosting in Office annual events multiple times,
Community and others: Teaching kids in my hometown village and conducting events for them
Played Cricket, Basketball and Badminton in various Interschool, Intercollege and corporate tournaments
Target: NUS, NTU, ISB
Post MBA goals: Transition to Leadership/Managerial roles in Management Consulting.

Can you please suggest to me what are the chances of getting into these top B schools.
The challenge with you is going to be how you stand out from the crowd. Your GMAT score is a little below average, especially since you are in such a competitive category. Your work experience is on track, but it’s something where they will see tons of people with a similar background. There needs to be something special about your application that makes you different from the other candidates. I terms of top schools, you were cut off, so I don’t know if you mean “top 5” or “top 20”. I would focus on top 20 since your profile at all the schools will be one where there is a lot of competition.
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
Upasana219 wrote:
This would be my background:
Indian, female 30
Bachelor in commerce 74% (tier3) , Mba 6.19cgpa (tier3)
Target gmat: 2targets @680 &720
Job ex: -2016-2017 (Deloitte, audit support)
-Changed profile from audit to valuation
-2018-2019 (Evalueserve, Investment banking
support) (Analyst role)
-2019-now (got hired for senior analyst) (Moody’s
PE support) (Both valuation roles include
Financial modeling, industry analysis, investor
Memo, trading comps)
-Guide 2-3juniors in project deliverables
-Did a financial modeling certification
Extra-curricular: - Degree in Indian classical music with a few concerts under my belt (concerts since the age of 5)
Have been investing and generating profits since the age of 20
Ngo involvement in financial literacy (1year) with a batch of 20-40students

I want to target venture capital post a second mba. How supportive are the markets in US and Europe for breaking into VC as an international student?
And if not, provided i do not want to pursue IB &PE, how to realign goals to get a an admit as well as get recruited post mba?

Also, would product management be a justified shift considering my background and bag an offer in the recruitment market?
I think we have missed addressing this profile
Send PM
RamN wrote:
Berkeley math for management course with good grade , sports - state level cycling , incubation for initial level entrepreneurs.

I like your entrepreneurial bent. That will play well. I am not sure of your total years of work experience or your age. If you are over 30 or 32 I would suggest considering an EMBA program. Those programs will focus their admissions more on work experience and less on grades and scores. Your 760 GMAT is great and will serve you well. Your application should focus on all of the things you have learned and accomplished. I think you can tell a very convincing story.
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
Bill and Rachel, please also take some time to tell us about Fortuna Admissions and the best way for the audience to reach out to you later if they have more questions :)

Saswat30, You question has been answered
Send PM
abhiadi4222 wrote:
Name : Abhishek Gupta GMAT: not yet taken
Nationality: Indian male
Undergrad Information: B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering
GPA: 7.73 CGPA
Work experience: 4.5 yrs in Tata Consultancy Services... Also worked as a lead for my team...Got early promotion as well
Function: Automation tester and java developer role
Graduation: 7.73 CGPA; 12th: 83.4%; 10th: 9.4 cgpa

Extracurricular:
interviewed freshers at tcs n account level...
role at ur company - tester -->business analyst--> developer bfsi platform...
lead for a team of 9 members...
got 3 consecutive top level A band in my appraisal and Got early promotion as well
Hosted annual fest once (was appreciated a lot)and volunteered many times as was fun spoc for my account in my company...
learning and development spoc...
transport spoc...
Runnerup at tcs badminton competition and volunteered the same...
Man of the match at account level final cricket match...also volunteered and was part tym commentator...
was a part of musical skit that we performed when music was not allowed to be played at the fest...
organised friday fun activities and fun other activities on special occasions for own team...
Maitree club in my company who serves in NGOs and organize cultural events...

National cadet corps( NCC ) C certificate holder...
represented college in nodal level badminton tournament...
Worked in NGO called Prayas... and member of Maitree club in my company who serves in NGOs and organize cultural events...
captain of hostel cricket team...

Target: ISB, IIMs

Question - How much score do i need to get into my selected clgs...
Is my profile suitable enough to get into these colleges
The schools listed got cut off, but I would say you need to be above the average for the schools you apply to and ideally well above average. Also think about your work experience - are you good or outstanding? And how difficult is the work? Is it like being a management consultant where you are asked to do a lot of high-level thinking, or is it more routine? They are looking for great people with work experience that “wows” them. Finally, you are in a super competitive category, which does make it difficult at the top schools. I would have a range of schools in terms of difficulty getting in.
Send PM
Nikhil wrote:
Upasana219 wrote:
This would be my background:
Indian, female 30
Bachelor in commerce 74% (tier3) , Mba 6.19cgpa (tier3)
Target gmat: 2targets @680 &720
Job ex: -2016-2017 (Deloitte, audit support)
-Changed profile from audit to valuation
-2018-2019 (Evalueserve, Investment banking
support) (Analyst role)
-2019-now (got hired for senior analyst) (Moody’s
PE support) (Both valuation roles include
Financial modeling, industry analysis, investor
Memo, trading comps)
-Guide 2-3juniors in project deliverables
-Did a financial modeling certification
Extra-curricular: - Degree in Indian classical music with a few concerts under my belt (concerts since the age of 5)
Have been investing and generating profits since the age of 20
Ngo involvement in financial literacy (1year) with a batch of 20-40students

I want to target venture capital post a second mba. How supportive are the markets in US and Europe for breaking into VC as an international student?
And if not, provided i do not want to pursue IB &PE, how to realign goals to get a an admit as well as get recruited post mba?

Also, would product management be a justified shift considering my background and bag an offer in the recruitment market?
I think we have missed addressing this profile

Solid work experience that should play well. Management experience is good. GMAT score is marginal to OK, depending on school. VC as a career is very difficult for anyone, harder yet for an international student. Product Mgmt will be a tough shift - I think the financial world is more likely. However, I have seen others do so.
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
We are at the end of the chat session.

Bill and Rachel, please also take some time to tell us about Fortuna Admissions and the best way for the audience to reach out to you later if they have more questions :)
Send PM
Fortuna Admissions is a team of top admissions experts from schools around the world. You can ask for a free consult by going to https://www.fortuna admissions.com/free_consult
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
We are Live with a student panel. Join us here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIl0rpWdbdI

Thank you Bill and Rachel for your time today!

Originally posted by Nikhil on 22 Jun 2021, 11:04.
Last edited by Nikhil on 22 Jun 2021, 11:08, edited 1 time in total.
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
This chat will be active on June 23rd at 10 AM Pacific or 10:30 PM IST

The chat moderation is on. Your questions will be queued and will be released at the start of the session. Please keep sending in your questions :)
Current Student
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Hey everyone,

I know this is the GMAT club, but I am applying to business school using the GRE and was hoping I could ask a question anyway. I posted this elsewhere but was told it would be helpful to post it on the specific admissions consultant pages. For information I am hoping to apply to schools that have average GRE scores in their class profile of 161/161 to 163/163 (I am applying to Stanford as well but the 165/165 average is really high). I have two GRE scores one is a quant 163 and verbal 164 and the other is quant 162 and verbal 169. I know schools care more about the quant side so the 163 looks better than the 162. But the 169 verbal is a lot higher than 164. So I’m wondering if I should report both scores (that way schools can at least see the 163 and 169 even if they don’t consider them together) or if I should just report one score? If you think I should just report one score, what do you recommend?

Also does my GRE writing score matter? I got a 5 out of 6 on the first GRE (163 quant 164 verbal) but haven’t received my writing score for the newer test (162 quant 169 verbal). If the new test is a 4 or below writing does that matter?

Thank you for all the help. And just so you know even though I took the GRE the GMAT club has been very helpful.

Posted from my mobile device
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
We will start this chat in around 30 minutes at 10 AM Pacific or 10:30 PM IST
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
1. Your posts will not show up immediately. We will publish them as they come in.
2. Do not ask your question twice.
3. Posts will be answered in the order that they arrive in.
4. Incomplete question will not be answered
5. You can ask any MBA Admissions related question

We will get started in about 5 minutes of time at 10 AM Pacific

Hi, Everyone. Welcome to the chat session.

We have Bill and Andy from Fortuna with us.

Bill, Andy can you introduce yourself to our audience ? :)

Originally posted by Nikhil on 23 Jun 2021, 09:47.
Last edited by Nikhil on 23 Jun 2021, 10:02, edited 2 times in total.
Send PM
Hi all! My name is Bill Kooser and I am a former Associate Dean at Chicago Booth. (I’m also a Booth alum). During my nearly 30 years at Booth I took on many different roles ranging from Admissions to Career Services to the EMBA program. I have been with Fortuna for 3 years now and have enjoyed the chance to help others navigate the admissions process and launch the next step in their academic and professional careers.
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
Thanks for joining us. I will release 2 questions into the chat at a time. As soon as you are done answering, I will release the next ones.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  17   18   19   20   21   22   23  ...  30