Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 09:38 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 09:38

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 613 [1]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
Personal MBA Coach Founder
Status:Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Wharton graduate - Helping applicants get into top global business schools since 2008
Affiliations: Wharton, MIT
Own Kudos [?]: 359 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Overall Client Admit Rate: 96%
Send PM
Re: ISB Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hello OptimistR,

Thank you for sharing. Your GMAT score should situate you well for ISB and your work experience is also a strong component of your candidacy, particularly with such reputable clients and your startup experience. As you are likely aware, it will be important to demonstrate leadership.

While there are countless ways that you can (and should) display leadership throughout your profile, extracurricular activities are one great opportunity to do so. What activities are you currently involved in along with marathon running? Successful applications share a consistent and impactful story, and extracurriculars help build this.

I am also curious about what other schools you are targeting along with ISB. Personal MBA Coach suggests applying to 5-8 schools to maximize your chances of success. Now, many students are now applying to 6+ schools as competition increases and acceptance rates fall. School selection is a key part of our services and we would be happy to discuss this with you in more detail in the context of your goals.

Feel free to send a note to scott@personalmbacoach.com to further talk about your application strategy and ways to enhance your profile!

Best,
Personal MBA Coach

OptimistR wrote:
Hi Team,

Hope you all are doing well.

Kindly evaluate my profile and share relevant feedback.

Age 29
10th: 85%
12th: 90%
Btech: IET lucknow(Govt) 80%
GMAT:740

Work Ex: 7 years

5.5 years: Operations TechM( Part of core team building largest WIFI network across Indian Railway Stations). Client: Google and Indian Railways

1.5 years: Startup: Selling cane office and home organizers

Extra curricular: Part of college Dramatics & Mime team
Marathon Running.

Posted from my mobile device
Official Business School Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 117 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Schools: ISB '24
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hello from Official ISB PGP Admissions Team,

We hope you and everyone in your family are doing well.

Please follow us on the official ISB Admissions thread on GMATClub where you can get all your queries resolved with correct information. We will also be posting details about upcoming ISB PGP admissions events and other relevant information.

There are many ISB admissions-related threads created on GMATClub, so we don't want you to be misled or misinformed by any incorrect information. We will soon have the current PGP students interact with you. This will help you get the right information in terms of student experience and admissions from them directly.

Join The Official Indian School of Business - PGP 2022 Admissions Intake Thread
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 167
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38 (Online)
Send PM
I am a 25 year old female.
Class X: 94.4%
Class XII: 94%
B.Sc(physics): 75% from St. Xavier's College
M.Sc(tech) in Geophysics from BHU: 9.3 gpa; University gold medallist

Work ex: 6 months in ONGC.

Extracurricular: National level badminton player, Represented College at several conferences

I have started preparing for Gmat.

What should be my target score for ISB?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi,

Please suggest for which B-schools [for 1 yr Executive MBA] can I apply as per my profile.
Also, please suggest which foreign B-schools can provide best financial aid and scholarships for Indians.

Education and work exp:
-2 Years 5 months of IT Experience in Tata Consultancy Services [Will complete 3 yrs in Feb'2022]
-B-Tech in IT with 68% (degree from a state govt univ.) [Now, college under NSUT ,a NBA tier 2 institute]*
-10th : 9.4 cgpa , 12th : 84.2%
-GMAT score in Mock:- 770 (Q-51/V-44)

Roles & Responsibilities:
-Active role in development, testing and delivery
-Currently I am managing my team as a team lead.
-Appointed as Floor Marshal (for Fire safety) in office

EC and achievements:
-In organisation performance awards (Special initiation, Star of the month, Appreciation notes)
-Cleared organisation's 1st internal exam (TCS Digital 2019) within 6 months of joining
-Got early promotion in 1 year (associates usually got that in 2 years)
-AIR 29 (Army) and AIR 11(Navy) in UPSC CDS 2019
-Got delhi govt scholarship in B.Tech 1st year
-Was a part of some public awareness drives for NSS during college
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools: ISB '23 (II)
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.69
WE:Business Development (Retail Banking)
Send PM
Hey!
I would really appreciate if people could tell me if I even stand at a chance at applying at ISB?
Female,40
X-89
XII-95 (state topper)
Grad-75
Post grad- 75
Work ex- 35 months
I- reputed Investment Bank (9 months)
II- Internal Audit- 9 months
- Earned the firm several assignments on SOX
III- Wealth Manager- 17 months in a PSU
- was the first batch. Some best processes developed.
Awards- Ton of them through School/college... quiz, debates...

Break of 10 years
Mom of 2
Mock scores-670-690

VP
VP
Affiliations: MBAkarma
Own Kudos [?]: 213 [0]
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
Hello MissBong

While your past academic degree and current organisation are interesting enough to give you some diversity, still, very little information to go by.
With 6 month work experience, little to ask on career progress and achievements, but not sure what your role or contribution is.
No mention of career goals either, why MBA after geophysics, what are the long term and short term plans.
In absence of these points, you'll get a generic advice to score at or above the average score of the class and work towards building and presenting your work experience, goals well.

Best
Varun
MBAkarma.com

MissBong wrote:
I am a 25 year old female.
Class X: 94.4%
Class XII: 94%
B.Sc(physics): 75% from St. Xavier's College
M.Sc(tech) in Geophysics from BHU: 9.3 gpa; University gold medallist

Work ex: 6 months in ONGC.

Extracurricular: National level badminton player, Represented College at several conferences

I have started preparing for Gmat.

What should be my target score for ISB?

VP
VP
Send PM
Hello SameerKaushik

With your expected GMAT score (high) and years of experience (less than 5) the only immediate choice is ISB. If you can wait, then you can become eligible for IIMs in a few years (exact years will depend on the IIM).
Abroad, the list is big and depends on your professional and personal aspirations.
Going by the limited information shared here, you'll need a competitive work profile and some factor to help you stand out when applying to international b schools (considering your IT background)

Best
Varun
MBAkarma.com

SameerKaushik wrote:
Hi,

Please suggest for which B-schools [for 1 yr Executive MBA] can I apply as per my profile.
Also, please suggest which foreign B-schools can provide best financial aid and scholarships for Indians.

Education and work exp:
-2 Years 5 months of IT Experience in Tata Consultancy Services [Will complete 3 yrs in Feb'2022]
-B-Tech in IT with 68% (degree from a state govt univ.) [Now, college under NSUT ,a NBA tier 2 institute]*
-10th : 9.4 cgpa , 12th : 84.2%
-GMAT score in Mock:- 770 (Q-51/V-44)

Roles & Responsibilities:
-Active role in development, testing and delivery
-Currently I am managing my team as a team lead.
-Appointed as Floor Marshal (for Fire safety) in office

EC and achievements:
-In organisation performance awards (Special initiation, Star of the month, Appreciation notes)
-Cleared organisation's 1st internal exam (TCS Digital 2019) within 6 months of joining
-Got early promotion in 1 year (associates usually got that in 2 years)
-AIR 29 (Army) and AIR 11(Navy) in UPSC CDS 2019
-Got delhi govt scholarship in B.Tech 1st year
-Was a part of some public awareness drives for NSS during college

VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 213 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hello chinmayeen

Will really depend on how you present your case.
Even with consistent work experience, 40 years is an outlier for ISB. The whole career, break, expectations from MBA, post MBA goals story will have to be outstanding for adcom to get excited.
A higher GMAT will help further.
But honestly, in your case it all boils down to the story telling.
Best
Varun

chinmayeen wrote:
Hey!
I would really appreciate if people could tell me if I even stand at a chance at applying at ISB?
Female,40
X-89
XII-95 (state topper)
Grad-75
Post grad- 75
Work ex- 35 months
I- reputed Investment Bank (9 months)
II- Internal Audit- 9 months
- Earned the firm several assignments on SOX
III- Wealth Manager- 17 months in a PSU
- was the first batch. Some best processes developed.
Awards- Ton of them through School/college... quiz, debates...

Break of 10 years
Mom of 2
Mock scores-670-690

Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: ISB'22
GMAT 1: 640 Q45 V32
Send PM
Hi!

I would like my profile to be evaluated and it'd be of great help if I can get some insights for what should be a good score to get considered for ISB.

MALE
Age - 28
Class Xth - 9 CGPA out of 10
Class XIIth - 70.2% SCIENCE
B.Tech - 6.09/10 CIVIL ENGINEERING

WORK EXPERIENCE -
1. Working as a Site Engineer/E-Procurement Head at a Construction firm based in Guwahati since 2017 [COMPLETED 4 YEARS AS OF THIS MONTH]

ENTPRENEURIAL EXPERIENCES -
1. Currently in my year 3 of 5 year contract with Indian Oil Corporation for the supply of Bulk LPG via road for the state of Assam which officially runs till September 2023.
2. Worked as a subcontractor in a PWD Road Construction Tender - Construction of a 375.00m road with side drain.
3. I made my PWD Roads class 1C license back in July 2019 and participated in one tender in January 2020 which got postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic and again re-appeared in the re-tender in January 2021, but it is likely to be scraped because of the delay caused by the second wave. Currently awaiting confirmation.

INTERNSHIP EXPERIENCES -
1. Intern at Sishu Sarothi: Center for Rehabilitation for Specially Abled Children (NGO) for 3 months - 2016 [Helped children with basic Arithmetic, English and classroom & outdoor activities]
2. Intern in a North-East Frontier Railway Project for 4 months (MAJOR PROJECT, for VIIIth semester B.Tech Civil Engineering) - 2016 [Minor Bridge design in the Bridge Design Cell of GM Con, N.F. Railway, Maligaon; Supervising earthwork and Major Bridge work on site.
3. Intern in the Public Works Department (PWD) Building Department - for 2 weeks - 2015.
4. Intern at the North East Frontier Railway - for 4 weeks - 2015.

OTHER COURSES -
1. Diploma in AutoCAD (Beginner's)
2. Visharad in Tabla from Bhatkhande and Chandigarh Universities.
3. Diploma in Fine Arts from Bangla Sangeet Parishad
4. Diploma in Computer Application

EXTRA CIRRICULARS -
1. Played Table Tennis at District level and represented school and clubs on numerous occasions.
2. Inter departmental football champion in college.

To be honest I wasn't even planning to get an MBA - but, with the on going COVID situation and disruptions at work made me evaluate my life choices and helped me gain perspective, and clarity. I came to the conclusion that getting an MBA would be the right call that'd help me grow and allow me to develop new skills for a career change. I started preparing in May '21 and gave my first official mba.com mock last week and got a score of 530. I plan to get a much improved score and apply by Round 1, and if not, latest by Round 2. I just want to know what should be a realistic target score for me to even make a strong case and get considered at ISB Hyderabad?

I haven't looked beyond the goal to get admitted at ISB Hyderabad and maybe I'm unsure about what I'd like to do in the future, but I strongly believe that this college would help me be on the right track!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 85
GPA: 2.99
Send PM
Hi, seeking help for profile evaluation
Male, 26
GMAT - Aiming 680
X - 91.2 %
XII - 83%
Engg - 69% (Tier 2 college)
Overall Exp - 4.5 years
Company 1(3.5 years) - Deloitte Consulting USI - Primary exp as product developer but also did various other stints like sales, market+competitor analysis, conducting L&D workshops. Won 3 distinguished employee awards over this time span
Company 2 (1 year) - Product Manager at Top 5 Edtech company in India - Product owner for competitive exams and having impact on 1 million monthly users, Owned & Launched new product that generated appox $1 mil in revenue. Various other misc tasks that boosted multiple metrics of products.
Post MBA Goal - Product Management at FAANG/Equivalent Companies.

Extra curriculars - Diploma in Piano performance from Trinity College London (equivalent to 1st year exam of full time music course), Active NGO volunteer - teaching maths to kids(slightly disrupted due to pandemic) and conducting ed. workshops
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 316
Send PM
Hello Team,

I have 3+ years of experience working as a networking professional with leading tech. firm and industry leader (Cisco Systems), overall, my work ex. has been impactful; and I do understand ISB is not looking for "employee of the month" but having that going on for you never hurts. over the course of my professional career, I have acquired certifications, mentored newcomers (even my seniors), worked with end client (major B2B client including amazon, google, Microsoft, Infact I have also assisted ISB's internal IT team with their on-site networks ;), I do not have any major sports accolades or such, I do have some volunteer experience (NGO) (but mostly I spent my years back in college reading Dostoevsky, Nitsche , and Tagore ;), Also lots of solo trips. I had fun in college, NGL)

Nevertheless, with such a nascent career ('18 pass out, working since).Something that do bug me is that I do have weak academic score in my bachelor's (only 57%, B tech.). would you be able to shed some light till what extent does this affect my chances of getting into ISB?

I am yet to give my GMAT. I am targeting 700+ (given I have been able to get around 680 in my mocks) as that is the only way to redeem my low score in college; but even then, do I have any chance with this ?
VP
VP
Send PM
Hello akashguha2705

Work profile and extracurricular activities are looking quite strong.
What sort of GMAT score are you expecting?
It'll be a good idea to also start thinking about your future plans, post MBA goals and why you really need MBA. Without this you will not be able to build a complete application.

Best
Varun
MBAkarma.com

akashguha2705 wrote:
Hi!

I would like my profile to be evaluated and it'd be of great help if I can get some insights for what should be a good score to get considered for ISB.

MALE
Age - 28
Class Xth - 9 CGPA out of 10
Class XIIth - 70.2% SCIENCE
B.Tech - 6.09/10 CIVIL ENGINEERING

WORK EXPERIENCE -
1. Working as a Site Engineer/E-Procurement Head at a Construction firm based in Guwahati since 2017 [COMPLETED 4 YEARS AS OF THIS MONTH]

ENTPRENEURIAL EXPERIENCES -
1. Currently in my year 3 of 5 year contract with Indian Oil Corporation for the supply of Bulk LPG via road for the state of Assam which officially runs till September 2023.
2. Worked as a subcontractor in a PWD Road Construction Tender - Construction of a 375.00m road with side drain.
3. I made my PWD Roads class 1C license back in July 2019 and participated in one tender in January 2020 which got postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic and again re-appeared in the re-tender in January 2021, but it is likely to be scraped because of the delay caused by the second wave. Currently awaiting confirmation.

INTERNSHIP EXPERIENCES -
1. Intern at Sishu Sarothi: Center for Rehabilitation for Specially Abled Children (NGO) for 3 months - 2016 [Helped children with basic Arithmetic, English and classroom & outdoor activities]
2. Intern in a North-East Frontier Railway Project for 4 months (MAJOR PROJECT, for VIIIth semester B.Tech Civil Engineering) - 2016 [Minor Bridge design in the Bridge Design Cell of GM Con, N.F. Railway, Maligaon; Supervising earthwork and Major Bridge work on site.
3. Intern in the Public Works Department (PWD) Building Department - for 2 weeks - 2015.
4. Intern at the North East Frontier Railway - for 4 weeks - 2015.

OTHER COURSES -
1. Diploma in AutoCAD (Beginner's)
2. Visharad in Tabla from Bhatkhande and Chandigarh Universities.
3. Diploma in Fine Arts from Bangla Sangeet Parishad
4. Diploma in Computer Application

EXTRA CIRRICULARS -
1. Played Table Tennis at District level and represented school and clubs on numerous occasions.
2. Inter departmental football champion in college.

To be honest I wasn't even planning to get an MBA - but, with the on going COVID situation and disruptions at work made me evaluate my life choices and helped me gain perspective, and clarity. I came to the conclusion that getting an MBA would be the right call that'd help me grow and allow me to develop new skills for a career change. I started preparing in May '21 and gave my first official mba.com mock last week and got a score of 530. I plan to get a much improved score and apply by Round 1, and if not, latest by Round 2. I just want to know what should be a realistic target score for me to even make a strong case and get considered at ISB Hyderabad?

I haven't looked beyond the goal to get admitted at ISB Hyderabad and maybe I'm unsure about what I'd like to do in the future, but I strongly believe that this college would help me be on the right track!

VP
VP
Send PM
If you can get a strong GMAT score, it can compensate for past acads.
While you are confident with your work profile, target a 710+ as you belong to the overrepresented and competitive pool of IT applicants. This will help you stand out.
Extracurricular activities add diversity to an applicant's profile and need not necessarily be from sports. As long as you can show some qualities that make you a good addition to the class, any extracurricular will do.
Lastly, work on career goals as well, as clarity of thought for attending PGP is something ISB looks at very carefully.

Best
Varun
MBAkarma.com

ueh55406 wrote:
Hello Team,

I have 3+ years of experience working as a networking professional with leading tech. firm and industry leader (Cisco Systems), overall, my work ex. has been impactful; and I do understand ISB is not looking for "employee of the month" but having that going on for you never hurts. over the course of my professional career, I have acquired certifications, mentored newcomers (even my seniors), worked with end client (major B2B client including amazon, google, Microsoft, Infact I have also assisted ISB's internal IT team with their on-site networks ;), I do not have any major sports accolades or such, I do have some volunteer experience (NGO) (but mostly I spent my years back in college reading Dostoevsky, Nitsche , and Tagore ;), Also lots of solo trips. I had fun in college, NGL)

Nevertheless, with such a nascent career ('18 pass out, working since).Something that do bug me is that I do have weak academic score in my bachelor's (only 57%, B tech.). would you be able to shed some light till what extent does this affect my chances of getting into ISB?

I am yet to give my GMAT. I am targeting 700+ (given I have been able to get around 680 in my mocks) as that is the only way to redeem my low score in college; but even then, do I have any chance with this ?

VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 213 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Try to target a higher GMAT considering your IT background.
Career goals look organic and realistic, just need to establish the need of an MBA.
Other than that, work experience, extracurricular look good. What will really matter is how you present career progression, thought behind each career decision and how you will add value to the experience of your batch mates inside and outside the classroom.

Best
Varun
MBAkarma.com

Tiffsootmoot8 wrote:
Hi, seeking help for profile evaluation
Male, 26
GMAT - Aiming 680
X - 91.2 %
XII - 83%
Engg - 69% (Tier 2 college)
Overall Exp - 4.5 years
Company 1(3.5 years) - Deloitte Consulting USI - Primary exp as product developer but also did various other stints like sales, market+competitor analysis, conducting L&D workshops. Won 3 distinguished employee awards over this time span
Company 2 (1 year) - Product Manager at Top 5 Edtech company in India - Product owner for competitive exams and having impact on 1 million monthly users, Owned & Launched new product that generated appox $1 mil in revenue. Various other misc tasks that boosted multiple metrics of products.
Post MBA Goal - Product Management at FAANG/Equivalent Companies.

Extra curriculars - Diploma in Piano performance from Trinity College London (equivalent to 1st year exam of full time music course), Active NGO volunteer - teaching maths to kids(slightly disrupted due to pandemic) and conducting ed. workshops

Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hi,
Could you please help in evaluating my profile for ISB, Hyderabad
Male, 27
GMAT - 650
X - 9.6 CGPA
XII - 83%
B.Tech - 8.51 CGPA (State Government College)
Specialization - Electronics and Telecommunication Engg.
Overall Exp - 4.5 years

WORK EXPERIENCE -
1st Company - (2 years) - Hewlett Packard Enterprise - Worked as an SAP Business Intelligence Developer. This involved understanding the Business related requirements, engaging with Functional Teams and translating the requirement into Analytical Reports. Worked with various Multinational clients and received good exposure to Power and FMCG industries.

2nd Company - (2 years) - JK Technosoft Limited - Worked as a Senior Developer over here. I undertook a number of SAP BI implementation projects for various Domestic and International clients. This involved my visit to the client location and discussing the requirements directly with the Stakeholders. Here as a Senior Developer, I got the experience to lead a team of 3 at the client location to implement End to End solutions.

Current Company (5 months)- Robert Bosch Business and Engineering Solutions - Working as a Senior Consultant and mainly involved in Requirement gathering from the Stakeholders, translating the Functional Spec to Techincal Spec, and laying down the desired IT solution's architecture. Have got good exposure to the Pharmaceutical domain and Controlling modules.

Accolades -
Received numerous Client Appreciations during my tenure at HP and JK Technosoft.

Post MBA Goal -
Product Management at one of the leading IT companies

PS - Could you please advise that do I need to retake the GMAT in a month period in order to achieve a better score?

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 316
Send PM
MBAkarma wrote:
If you can get a strong GMAT score, it can compensate for past acads.
While you are confident with your work profile, target a 710+ as you belong to the overrepresented and competitive pool of IT applicants. This will help you stand out.
Extracurricular activities add diversity to an applicant's profile and need not necessarily be from sports. As long as you can show some qualities that make you a good addition to the class, any extracurricular will do.
Lastly, work on career goals as well, as clarity of thought for attending PGP is something ISB looks at very carefully.

Best
Varun
MBAkarma.com

ueh55406 wrote:
Hello Team,

In which industry/domain is Indian male IT professionals NOT overrepresented, am I right ? ;) Anyway, thank for your feedback, appreciate it.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 76
Send PM
Kudos
Hi ,
I would appreciate a sincere evaluation of my profile for ISB PGP 22-23 batch.

Academics:
10th : 90%
12th(CHSE) : 75%
B.Tech (IIIT) : 7.9CGPA

Corporate experience : 5.1 years in total
4 years in Capgemini
1 year with Sony India
2months at LnT infotech

Current role : Senior developer
Position : Associate consultant

I am a middleware specialist working on IBM integration products. Most of my experiences are around Digital Banking, which is why i have worked with major financial clients from across the world.

Rewards and Achievements:
(Corporate)
Woman influencer of the year 2017 from Capgemini
Client appreciation in Q4 at Sony
India
End to end design and delivery appreciation by Sony India in Q4, 2020

(Academics and Extracurricular)
1. National science congress award by Dr. Kalam in 2008
2. Masters in Arts from Chandigarh University in Indian Classical dance, Odishi,2014
3. Volunteer and Participant at Guinnese book of world record in attempt to perform Odishi by 550 dancers at once
4. Represented college with team at Hip Hop India, Mumbai in 2015
5. National Junior Scjolarship holder in Odishi by CCRT, India
6. Professional International Odishi dancer, performed in International Dance Festival 2015
7. Organized multiple fund raising events for NGO during Capgemini tenure
8. Awarded National Best dancer in 2009 at Baishakhi National Festival, Bhubaneswar
9. Best National Cadet award by NCC 2008
10. Leader of College cultural and organizing committee
11. Participated in multiple Inter college events and represented college

Post MBA goals: Product Management role

I am appearing GMAT in July.
Expecting a 700+score.
Request you to evaluate and put forth my chances of getting an admission at ISB.

GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  221   222   223   224   225  ...  307