Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 16:20 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 16:20

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 116 [0]
GMAT 3: 640
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 65 [0]
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 107 [0]
 Q49  V45
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congratulations!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Re: From 310 to 710 [#permalink]
Dilshod wrote:
Hi ALL,

Just returned from the test center. Got 710(Q50,V36). It took me 2 years and 3 attempts to reach this score.
I’m happy and tired. Will come up with full debriefing soon.

Happy New Year everybody!!!
Believe in victory and victory will believe in you. Never give up, don’t stop till you get what you want. Nothing is impossible….

BTW, 310 was my first practice score(powerprep). Second try gave me 400. So don’t be upset if you see such scores. Consider it a personal challenge.

Best regards,
Dilshod

Oh Dear Lord!! Happy New Year to you man!! Really belongs to you man..

Ok. Congrats first of all first of all man!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:

Now tell me were 310 and 400 your Powerprep scores or your Official GMAT Test Scores???

I wish i can bag a 7xx after a 300 and a 470...................... :wink: :wink: :wink: :P :P :P
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
Dilshod wrote:
Hi ALL,

Just returned from the test center. Got 710(Q50,V36). It took me 2 years and 3 attempts to reach this score.

Believe in victory and victory will believe in you. Never give up, don’t stop till you get what you want. Nothing is impossible….

BTW, 310 was my first practice score(powerprep). Second try gave me 400. So don’t be upset if you see such scores. Consider it a personal challenge.

Best regards,
Dilshod

Molodets !!!! Congratulations !!!!! Waiting 4 ur debrief !!!!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Can you share with us? How did you study? Especially Verbal

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Send PM

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Send PM

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
SHARING [#permalink]
Please SHARE your experience as to what and how you studied.

THANKX!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Dilshod,

Hearty Congratulations. I am looking forward to your debriefing.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
[#permalink]
Sorry Guys,
Nothing special in my prep. Just have a lot of rest combined with menthal preparation. I will describe my method tomorrow.

May I upload my practice sets here in my topic?
Some of them were of a great help for me, and I think they may help gmatclub members as well.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Send PM
Congrats ! Great job ! Good to see an old timer cracking it...

Dilshod wrote:
Hi ALL,

Best regards,
Dilshod
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 930 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Great determination and good score. :-D
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 89 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
[#permalink]
Many congratulations Dilshod. That indeed is a grandiose result.
Looking forward to your briefing..
Best of luck with your Applications now.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
[#permalink]
First, about me: I’m non-native, 22 years old male from Uzbekistan. Background in Manufacturing. English is my fourth language. Therefore, I hope you won’t get annoyed too much if you find many grammar errors, unused words, unparallel and awkward constructions in my story:)

While quant has never been a problem, I’ve always struggled with verbal. My 36 in Verbal doesn’t put me in a position of recommending something to you. I’m sure many of you here can score much higher even without much effort. My method may help someone who has unlimited time to prepare and doesn’t want to learn from mistakes:) All my preparation consisted of practicing, a lot of practicing. I tried to work on my mistakes, even bought several grammar books, but those freaky explanations didn’t help me at all. I really admire ones who can interpret those rules and apply them on a test. So, if you can afford spending 2 years for GMAT, you may find my way useful. If you don’t, then never prepare as I did. It is the most inefficient way of studying. Doing tones of questions without purpose not only brings little effect, but it may actually harm you. Please, keep in mind that it is the result that is important, not the time you spent achieving it.

About my third attempt:
This time, I didn’t study at all. Just let my brain have a long rest (about 2-3 weeks). Tried to not to think about the test. I think, my biggest mistake in my last attempts was that I put too much pressure on me, and thought too much about its possible consequences on my life. That is why, instead of concentrating on one single thing, my mind was processing a lot of useless details which kept me away from achieving maximal effectiveness. The key was to make my brains think that the test was just an ordinary obstacle on my road to b-school. I needed to forget about the test for some time. Following steps helped me achieve it:
1. The day before the test, I physically, NOT mentally, exhausted myself with a hard work. As a consequence, I came home tired and had a very good night sleep, which lasted 13 hours!!!
2. I ate a lot of dark chocolate before and during the test. Believe me, it really helps to get rid off most negative thoughts.
3. Any boxer knows that thinking too much about his future fight BEFORE and DURING the fight consumes too much energy. Moreover, it can destroy one’s self-confidence. Therefore, I filled all my spare moments with pleasant activities, so that I didn’t have time to think about the test.
4. This advice can help only those who don’t have problems with timing: I noticed that too much concentration during the test may actually kill stamina. I needed to distract myself. Thus, I told myself that I may afford to have short rests (10-15 second) on each 6th question. So, after each 6th question I closed my eyes and counted till 10. It did help a lot.

That’s how I achieved my score.
BTW, I have a file with practice sets. Don’t know the source of the sets, but they are pretty good. They truly represent the type of questions I saw on the test..
If you are interested, PM me. I will send it via e-mail.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 642 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Social Enterprise
Schools:Wharton'11 HBS'12
Send PM
[#permalink]
dilshod...u lived upto ur name :)

congrats buddy!!! well done
Director
Director
Affiliations: FRM Charter holder
Own Kudos [?]: 411 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Schools:Stanford, Chicago Booth, Babson College
 Q48  V34 GMAT 2: 740  Q49  V42
GPA: 3.53
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thats a significant improvement. Admire your determination. Congratulations.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi Dilshod, I'm really interested in your story! I sent you a pm, please get back to me if you can.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
any luck [#permalink]
anonymous4a wrote:
Hi Dilshod, I'm really interested in your story! I sent you a pm, please get back to me if you can.

Hi. Today finally I took the GMAT , and my score was terrible, 450. I am wondering if you got the pratice tests that Dishod mentioned, if so can you please e-mail them to me?
GMAT Club Bot
any luck [#permalink]
 1   2   
Moderator:
Founder
37296 posts