Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 03:37 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 03:37

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Eternal Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72876 [0]
Given Kudos: 18863
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Send PM
[#permalink]
Expert Reply
Lucyloo wrote:
I agree with BB...that sounds kinda fishy, definitely illegal. We're not supposed to share any test questions once we take the test, and if they modify them, they're not really real, are they?

Stick with the tried and true stuff like the Official Guide, Powerprep, Princeton Review, etc.

Exactly, and the question is HOW did they get so many questions?

- Bogdan
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
And dont other books like PR do the same i.e. modify real gmat questions .. and form new questions based on these questions?
I would say the decision to buy or not depends on how much time you have at your disposal before the test ..
Founder
Founder
Send PM
[#permalink]
Expert Reply
trishuls wrote:
And dont other books like PR do the same i.e. modify real gmat questions .. and form new questions based on these questions?
I would say the decision to buy or not depends on how much time you have at your disposal before the test ..

I think you are right about other companies modifying questions, but I don't think PR does it or at least they dont' do it with all of their questions. The reason I am saying this is that some of them are too weird to be real :)

You are right in the broader sense, however.

I am sure all the question writers for Kaplan and PR, etc base their questions and tie them to the general boundaries of the OG's questions.

-=-
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Actually, Kaplan Verbal workbook copied many questions verbatim from gmat+. Of couse, kap800 cloned many from OG=)
Eternal Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
hi [#permalink]
I bet you these companies like Kaplan and Princeton hire GMAT "spies" ex employees of ETS, to aid in development of questions. And I also think members of this team take the GMAT test, to see what kind of questions are on it each year.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
[#permalink]
Expert Reply
hallelujah1234 wrote:
Actually, Kaplan Verbal workbook copied many questions verbatim from gmat+. Of couse, kap800 cloned many from OG=)

I would think that it is a reverse actually; I think whoever compiled GMAT+ copied a lot of stuff from Kaplan, but who can prove anything in the unjust world of the GMAT? 8-)

-=-
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Kap800 cloned OG and papertests. Such incontrovertible evidence is enough to say they copied from gmat+.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Well, of course the test prep companies send their employees to take the test! How could they know the real deal on the GMAT if they don't take it?

Unless Kaplan licensed the OG questions, they could not legally reproduce them in their books, and I highly doubt ETS would give them a license when they sell their own books, and that Kaplan would obtain those questions and then not brag loudly that they had real GMAT questions in their books. Princeton Review and Kaplan write their own practice questions and tests, and send their experts in so they stay on top of trends, changes, patterns, etc. But it's illegal for them to reproduce questions, so I guarantee you they don't!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 144 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
anyways..are these questions wotrh buying for practice??. i have Gmat plus and Kaplan though!!!??? :?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Highly doubt they're worth it based on what we all wrote above. Stick with the tried and true - OG, Kaplan, PR...
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72876 [1]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
Lucyloo wrote:
Highly doubt they're worth it based on what we all wrote above. Stick with the tried and true - OG, Kaplan, PR...

Yeah, but it would be interesting to see what they really are made of :)
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 44
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V42
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
Re: REAL TEST QUESTIONS.com [#permalink]
I have full access to Manhattan Prep, which is considered among the top echelon GMAT Prep companies. I also have all three OG's (Official, Verbal, and Quant), and the 800Kaplan. Let me tell you, if you can discern amongst good bloggers (which is not hard to do) and figure out who to follow, this site is a GOLDMINE!!! I have used this forum's answer explanations continuously, it has an abundance of problems on all subject types and level difficulties. So, if you are struggling with any one particular area (such as combinations and permutations for me), you will not be restricted to eight-ten overlapping sets problems on the OG, but will have numerous sources from which to practice and improve your skills. I consider myself to be a very discerning user, and value my leisure and study time. Let me assure you, you won't go wrong with this site. --nb: Bunuel has particularly insightful answer explanations that you will not get even from Manhattan Prep. Also, tried the Sentence Correction element of GMATPill, and can definitely tell you, it's a piece of trash, if you want to build any semblance of an accurate verbal foundation.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: REAL TEST QUESTIONS.com [#permalink]