Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 13:31 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 13:31

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GPA: 4
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 485 [0]
Given Kudos: 839
WE:Other (Other)
Send PM
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 5134 [0]
Given Kudos: 1431
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V51
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Status:GMAT/GRE Tutor l Admission Consultant l On-Demand Course creator
Own Kudos [?]: 13376 [0]
Given Kudos: 124
GMAT: QUANT+DI EXPERT
Schools: IIM (A) ISB '24
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V41
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
Re: From 680 to even worse 680 [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Zuzya2018 wrote:
Hi, guys! I really need advice here.

So a month ago I took GMAT and got 680 (Q44 V39), I'm not really bad at Quant, I just really do silly mistakes. So I decided to take TTP course for a month to strengthen my Quant and I really liked the course and I did start feeling more confident about it as well. I finished all the sections, did lots of practice in TTP (not all questions though, but a lot). I bought GMAC Exam 3&4 and scored Q46 and Q49 respectively (absolutely identical to exam conditions, at Q49 even finished 10 minutes earlier). Since I really only need 700+ and I never scored below V38 in my Verbal, I decided I was ready to give it a go. A couple of days ago I took another GMAT test (a month apart from my first test) and scored 680 again, but this time - Q42 V41. Despite my very active Quant preparation with TTP, I scored even lower than I did on my first exam. That day my exam was after lunch and because of my daughter I only had 3 or 4 hours of sleep at night. On my way to exam I spilt my coffee all over me and my documents, so this added anxiety. But my confidence is shattered. Although I'm from underrepresented pull of candidates, I really feel I need this 700. I have almost perfect GPA, but I finished my BSc in Econ and Finance 5 years ago, so this is a lot of time without studying. I promise, I'm not stupid, I just can't seem to have cracked what it takes. I have no idea how to proceed, I'm not ready to give up just yet.

What do I do next? How do I proceed? Was it just anxiety? Should I give up? And also, I ran out of Verbal practice questions (whatever you have here, I did, including LSAT and everything). I always start with Quant during exam, it helps me to warm up my mind for Verbal (lol), but maybe I should try Verbal first? How do you guys decide for yourself? So, you are great at all this, any advice is greatly appreciated. My third exam date is Aug 12 and I'm miserable. I only need about Q46-47, yet somehow I feel as a loser. With my Verbal increase, even if I did my Quant just as bad as I did the first time, I would have gotten 700. But it is what it is. So guys, here is my miserable story, I'm ready to hear your verdict.

Hi Zuzya2018

You need major rehauling and personal attention on Quant to improve your score from this point.

I would highly encourage you to take a fREE demo session with us to understand your way of improvement from our perspective. You can reach me to schedule a free demo session.

Get TOPICWISE: Concept Videos | Practice Qns 100+ | Official Qns 50+ | 100% Video solution CLICK.
Two MUST join YouTube channels : GMATinsight (1000+ FREE Videos) and GMATclub :)
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 1304 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
680 (Q44 V39) --- > A V39 is pretty good. If you're looking to get 700+ you may just get it by having a "lucky" day on Quant (you've hit Q49 on a Mock).

One thing that may be helpful for Verbal is to work on your solving approach. You mentioned you've never scored below a V38, which means your fundamentals are probably solid.

All the best.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hi all! Thank you very much for your reply. MartyTargetTestPrep, thank you, I guess I will have to try it again and try to control my anxiety better. in GMAT mocks that I've done prior to my exam, I've never seen questions I've encountered before. I used TTP solely for Quant practice, so I'll definitely try Verbal as well.

Thank you, GMATinsight!

Thank you, GmatTutorKnight!
Own Kudos [?]: 22040 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Zuzya2018,

I'm happy to provide some advice but first, could you paste in a screenshot of your TTP analytics page, so I can see your course progress and TTP stats? Once I have that information, I can provide some advice.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Send PM
Hi ScottTargetTestPrep, I have never checked the analytics hmm! That said, my access to course expired on 24th, so I cannot access these analytics either. But I'm ready to share my login if you want to access those for me, just let me know. Thank you!
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11663 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Zuzya2018,

I've sent you a PM with some notes and additional questions.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Own Kudos [?]: 22040 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Expert Reply
Zuzya2018 wrote:
Hi ScottTargetTestPrep, I have never checked the analytics hmm! That said, my access to course expired on 24th, so I cannot access these analytics either. But I'm ready to share my login if you want to access those for me, just let me know. Thank you!

Reach out to us on live chat and we can chat further.
GMAT Club Bot