Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 13:39 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 13:39

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [2]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: NTU (A)
WE:Marketing (Human Resources)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [2]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Send PM
Re: Experiences with Executive Assessment - Post Your EA Experience Here [#permalink]
Hi Everyone,

I am planning to take my EA soon and have read the experiences in the thread. Thanks to each and everyone for posting their experience with EA. I'd like to know if anyone had an admit to any full-time programs with his/her EA scores?

Please let me know. Thanks in advance.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
Re: Experiences with Executive Assessment - Post Your EA Experience Here [#permalink]
I was asking for the online version of executive assessment and I haven’t reviewed the questions rather moved on to the next section….Does the score show up on the account dashboard within 24 hours?

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [1]
GPA: 2.9
Send PM
Kudos
The online version can take a few business days, I believe they say around 7 days? I took it on a Saturday and had my score Tuesday evening but it varies based on volume.

rianaamy wrote:
I was asking for the online version of executive assessment and I haven’t reviewed the questions rather moved on to the next section….Does the score show up on the account dashboard within 24 hours?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Send PM
Ok I got my score today gave the exam on Wednesday. Is there anyway to know section percentiles?
IR12 V11, Q18 total 161 (95th percentile)

I saw V12 is 86 percentile

Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72858 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
rianaamy wrote:
Ok I got my score today gave the exam on Wednesday. Is there anyway to know section percentiles?
IR12 V11, Q18 total 161 (95th percentile)

I saw V12 is 86 percentile

Thanks for sharing! Does the EA report provide you with the percentile now?

I have not seen sectional percentile tables like the ones that exist for the GMAT. Even the overall score percentiles were elusive and we had to rebuild them from a histogram.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
No they don’t reveal it to the test taker but they send percentiles to schools

But I saw some students posted their sectional percentiles here in another thread, can I know the verbal percentiles?

Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
rianaamy wrote:
No they don’t reveal it to the test taker but they send percentiles to schools

But I saw some students posted their sectional percentiles here in another thread, can I know the verbal percentiles?

I have never seen section percentiles for EA.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
WE:Real Estate (Real Estate)
Send PM
Bookmarks
Hi, I wanted to share my experience with online EA exam:

Took the exam last saturday (06/26). I had been preparing for the GMAT for 2 months and got a 700, decided to give the EA a shot since it seemed more accessible in the Quant side. I purchased the practice questions and 2 practice tests and gave myself 2 weeks for this.

Practice test 1: 168 (IR 18, V 12, Q 18)
Practice test 2: 160 (IR 16, V 12, Q 14)

The day of the exam I had some trouble checking in into the online examination, spent like 1 hour with the exam proctor until he let me in the exam platform. It was my first experience with online exams since I had taken the GMAT in a Pearson test centre, so I recommend to come with extra patience and be ready for problems to appear. This kind of made me lose my focus but fortunately I was able to take the test.

Final score was 168, IR 12 V 18 Q 18

For people who have taken the GMAT or studied for the GMAT before, I would say both the Verbal and Quant felt easier than the questions I got for the GMAT. However on the IR I did feel that the questions were on the Hard side of the IR questions I had seen on my GMAT exam.

Overall I feel I did better in this exam than in the GMAT for 3 main reasons:
- Lower difficulty in Verbal
- Quant did not include Geometry (which I am not good at)
- Exam structure is more friendly (90 minutes felt like nothing compared to the 4 hours in GMAT)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
If i have an emergency and I cant cancel my EA because i am past the 24 hr deadline, I understand i will forfeit my exam fee, but will i also forfeit 1 of my 2 chance to take the EA?
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
Lci wrote:
If i have an emergency and I cant cancel my EA because i am past the 24 hr deadline, I understand i will forfeit my exam fee, but will i also forfeit 1 of my 2 chance to take the EA?

This answer is based on the GMAT experience/policy which I assume can be transposed to EA since it is the same parent company, same questions, and same test administration.
By GMAC policy, only tests that are actually taken count towards your attempts, not reservations. So if you have a no-show or you have a tech issue with the test, it should not be counted as an attempt ... based on the GMAT policy
Intern
Intern
Send PM
thanks a lot! this is very helpful!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
Send PM
Dears,

Does MIT FT MBA accept EA score?

I saw from GMAC website that it does accept; however, opposite is true on MIT website.

https://www.mba.com/program-finder/scho ... management
https://www.gmac.com/executive-assessme ... ng-schools
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi, does anyone know if Wharton, Cornell, Cambridge and Oxford full time MBA accept EA score?

If not, should I still mention in my additional essay my EA score on top of my GMAT score?
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Experiences with Executive Assessment - Post Your EA Experience Here [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Lci wrote:
Hi, does anyone know if Wharton, Cornell, Cambridge and Oxford full time MBA accept EA score?

If not, should I still mention in my additional essay my EA score on top of my GMAT score?

It does not look like Wharton or Johnson take EA scores for their FT programs, at least not based on the website. If they do/did, there would be a field on the application.

P.S. Sometimes programs will have a short answer question in the application asking "Do you feel that the Test Scores are representative" and you can sneak something in there for EA. However, usually you don't want to waste your optional essay on the scores unless of course your EA is super awesome :) which at the same time, the program may not accept it and you don't want to waste that optional essay on something that the school will not take into a serious consideration or may not know how to evaluate. For example, They evaluate GRE and GMAT separately so I can see how they may want to evaluate EA separately as well...
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [2]
Given Kudos: 1
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Experiences with Executive Assessment - Post Your EA Experience Here [#permalink]
Kudos
Just got my results today, so I thought I would share my own experience here:

Practice test 1: 152 (IR 9, V 13, Q 10)
Practice test 2: 160 (IR 12, V 15, Q 13)
Practice test 3: 153 (IR 8, V 14, Q 11)
Practice test 4: 154 (IR 9, V 11, Q 14)
Real Exam (online): 154 (IR 11, V 12, Q 11)

My background is undergrad in humanities followed by working across three countries over the past 11 years, most experience has been in enterprise technology sales and relationship management. Looking to apply to CBS, Cornell, and NYU EMBA.

Personally struggled quite a lot with the exam. Over about 2 months I used primarily OG online EA prep paired with TTP and MGMAT for verbal. TTP I whizzed through just using the examples primarily and revisiting the ones I got wrong for review.

The online exam was much more straightforward than expected although the test software wasn’t working on game day. Gave me a bit of anxiety that I definitely carried into the exam. I’m certain I must have made some careless errors but feel OK about my score overall. Considering taking one last time to get closer to my practice high.

All the best to everyone on their journey! Happy to answer any questions.

Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72858 [1]
Send PM