Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 01:56 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 01:56

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 236 [0]
Given Kudos: 295
GPA: 4
WE:Business Development (Retail Banking)
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72876 [0]
Given Kudos: 18863
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Tutor
Affiliations: Harvard University, A.B. with honors in Government, 2002
Own Kudos [?]: 2412 [0]
Given Kudos: 272
GMAT 1: 770 Q47 V48
GMAT 2: 730 Q44 V47
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V42
GMAT 4: 730 Q48 V42 (Online)
GRE 1: Q168 V169

GRE 2: Q170 V170
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 75 [1]
Given Kudos: 163
Schools: IIMA PGPX'23
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39 (Online)
Send PM
Re: GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic] [#permalink]
Kudos
hD13 wrote:
obsidianstorm wrote:
The electricity near my home gets cut if there are heavy rains. And this being the rainy season, there are some power issues. If there is a power cut and hence internet loss during the test, does the test get continued? I am planning on keeping my mobile internet as backup in such cases so the internet can get switched easily. But this might take 1-2 minutes. Is this okay?

Can someone add light on this?

I can give my test at my friend's place who has a backup generator but it will take 5 minutes to reboot and everything.

So what happens when there's a power cut, does your exam timer stops there? I experienced power cut while attempting a veritas Mock and timer somehow didn't go off.

If there's a power cut, automatically proctor will not be able to see you, shouldn't this pause your exam and only restarts once your power is backed up,

Also i read you could use mobile hotspot as backup but, you can't access any application while you're giving the test, you can switch to mobile while you're disconnected but how do you connect back to broadband wifi - Take proctor permission :lol: ? Can i use my main wifi Mam :D

Posted from my mobile device

Yep, this was the exact issue that I faced. Also, since my mac was fully locked and out of my control, you won't even be able to change the wifi unless you reboot your system.
For this reason, I found a quiet spot in my house where my 4g network was consistent in my mobile and unchecked "connect automatically" for my home wifi. I took my exam while being connected to the mobile hotspot data.
And thank the lord that I did that! My roommates who were on the upper floor mentioned to me later after the exam that, because of rains, the wifi network was going crazy and was randomly going off. Although everyone may not face these issues, this is something definitely worth considering. :?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 413
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
Send PM
Hey

Is there any update from GMAC on 3rd GMAT Online attempt?

Gagan
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72876 [0]
Given Kudos: 18863
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
gagan0303 wrote:
Hey

Is there any update from GMAC on 3rd GMAT Online attempt?

Gagan

Unfortunately nothing has been said or mentioned about additional attempts beyond just the 2…. 😢

No indicators or even hints.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 236 [0]
Given Kudos: 295
GPA: 4
WE:Business Development (Retail Banking)
Send PM
sssanskaar wrote:
hD13 wrote:
obsidianstorm wrote:
The electricity near my home gets cut if there are heavy rains. And this being the rainy season, there are some power issues. If there is a power cut and hence internet loss during the test, does the test get continued? I am planning on keeping my mobile internet as backup in such cases so the internet can get switched easily. But this might take 1-2 minutes. Is this okay?

Can someone add light on this?

I can give my test at my friend's place who has a backup generator but it will take 5 minutes to reboot and everything.

So what happens when there's a power cut, does your exam timer stops there? I experienced power cut while attempting a veritas Mock and timer somehow didn't go off.

If there's a power cut, automatically proctor will not be able to see you, shouldn't this pause your exam and only restarts once your power is backed up,

Also i read you could use mobile hotspot as backup but, you can't access any application while you're giving the test, you can switch to mobile while you're disconnected but how do you connect back to broadband wifi - Take proctor permission :lol: ? Can i use my main wifi Mam :D

Yep, this was the exact issue that I faced. Also, since my mac was fully locked and out of my control, you won't even be able to change the wifi unless you reboot your system.
For this reason, I found a quiet spot in my house where my 4g network was consistent in my mobile and unchecked "connect automatically" for my home wifi. I took my exam while being connected to the mobile hotspot data.
And thank the lord that I did that! My roommates who were on the upper floor mentioned to me later after the exam that, because of rains, the wifi network was going crazy and was randomly going off. Although everyone may not face these issues, this is something definitely worth considering. :?

Lucky you! Your 4g network was consistent.
I tried to take a test using mobile hotspot. I could notice few lags here when there's no live feed going through.
However, i spoke to my internet company and they asked me to use Ethernet. They did mention that they do have a power backup so hopefully network won't be interrupted. But who's going to trust them !
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 264 [1]
Given Kudos: 161
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
Kudos
Hello Everyone,
I have a query... Can we order ESR for GMAT Enhanced online?
MBA.com shows that ESR code cannot be applied for online exams... Just want to make sure before I make the purchase..
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 193
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40 (Online)
Send PM
bidskamikaze wrote:
Hello Everyone,
I have a query... Can we order ESR for GMAT Enhanced online?
MBA.com shows that ESR code cannot be applied for online exams... Just want to make sure before I make the purchase..

No you cannot order ESR for online GMAT

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Hi everyone!

https://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-enhance ... 65726.html

This is my debrief of GMAT Enhanced Online which I gave on 19th July 2021

If you like it or find it helpful, do consider giving a kudos!

Originally posted by sg124 on 05 Aug 2021, 05:35.
Last edited by sg124 on 07 Aug 2021, 08:54, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 132
Send PM
Hi everyone,

Could anyone please clarify to me the latest rules for the online GMAT test? I am confused about the following:
1) Will I be allowed to have 8-min break between Verbal and Quantitative sections?
2) Am I allowed to use a bathroom during the break?
3) Read some stories that proctors asked students to look at the screen all the time (even during the time they used physical whiteboard). Does anyone have a similar issue?

Many thanks in advance.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
abelka wrote:
Hi everyone,

Could anyone please clarify to me the latest rules for the online GMAT test? I am confused about the following:
1) Will I be allowed to have 8-min break between Verbal and Quantitative sections?
2) Am I allowed to use a bathroom during the break?
3) Read some stories that proctors asked students to look at the screen all the time (even during the time they used physical whiteboard). Does anyone have a similar issue?

Many thanks in advance.

1) yes

2) yes

3) No, you just have to be visible on the camera...not necessarily looking at it

Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 2412 [1]

Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
It's a popular misconception that you have to look directly at the camera / computer screen the entire time you are taking the GMAT online: of course it's not possible to do so if you plan on taking any notes using your permitted whiteboard, block eraser, and dry-erase markers.

Nearly every GMAT test-taker will need to look away from the screen from time to time to take notes, or even just to give their eyes a rest due to "screen fatigue." The key is that the test-taker's face stays fully on screen at all times (I recommend pushing your screen / webcam as far back as possible for this reason), and that their eye movements follow a predictable pattern.

In addition to the human proctors, AI software is also used to your eye movement during the proctoring video for any signs of suspicious activity, so try not to look around too much: my first GMAT online attempt was cancelled due to my "looking off screen" before the exam had even begun!

If your eyes need a rest, but you don't want to risk looking away from the screen, then I suggest looking at the wall directly above and behind your camera. This technique is especially helpful during the test check-in process, when you are on camera and must follow all test rules, but the exam has not started yet.

Source: https://www.mba.com/exams/gmat-online/p ... y-measures

Originally posted by mcelroytutoring on 08 Aug 2021, 11:38.
Last edited by mcelroytutoring on 15 Aug 2021, 14:48, edited 2 times in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 132
Send PM
sg124 and mcelroytutoring thank you for your replies! Very appreciate!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Send PM
Hi All,

IF ANYONE COULD URGENTLY REPLY TO MY QUERY IT WOULD BE GREAT!

Last time when I gave the gmat online, I experienced A FONT SIZE issue. I saw a smaller font throughout the Test. When I say smaller I mean that- my Chrome browser zoom level was set to 100%, but inside the ESSecureBrowser, the font was around 60-70% zoom level. I have a macbook pro 15 inch with Big Sur OS.

Due to this, I faced difficulty in the exam because I was not used to such small font. And, the exam went bad for me that day.

Has anyone faced a similar issue? If yes, do you have a solution to this? Should I change my base browser from where I launch the test URL?

Please help
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4653 [0]
Given Kudos: 631
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Send PM
Expert Reply
cognitivelyR8 wrote:
Hi All,

IF ANYONE COULD URGENTLY REPLY TO MY QUERY IT WOULD BE GREAT!

Last time when I gave the gmat online, I experienced A FONT SIZE issue. I saw a smaller font throughout the Test. When I say smaller I mean that- my Chrome browser zoom level was set to 100%, but inside the ESSecureBrowser, the font was around 60-70% zoom level. I have a macbook pro 15 inch with Big Sur OS.

Due to this, I faced difficulty in the exam because I was not used to such small font. And, the exam went bad for me that day.

Has anyone faced a similar issue? If yes, do you have a solution to this? Should I change my base browser from where I launch the test URL?

Please help

Hi cognitivelyR8,

Do you have a high-resolution screen? If you do, one way to avoid this problem may be to use a different computer with a lower resolution. Of course, GMAT Club members who know more about these technical issues will be able to come up with better solutions.
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 2412 [0]

Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
It might seem counter-intuitive that using a computer with a lower-resolution screen would be the solution to this font size issue, but I can second this notion, because I've never had an issue with GMAT online font size on my ancient 2014 11" MacBook Air. Thus, AjiteshArun may be on to something here.

Translation: it might seem like a good idea to use a desktop (or even laptop) computer with a big, fancy screen for your GMAT online, but ultimately this strategy can backfire if you have a high screen resolution, in the form of small text or even tiny text.

That's another reason why I would still rather use my trusty old 11-inch MacBook than an all-in-one desktop computer, for example. A new 27-inch iMac, for example, might have a shiny, large screen—and cost thousands of dollars, haha—but still display very small, hard-to-read text during the exam.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 600 Q49 V23
Send PM
I have a quick question: Are we allowed to use the white board during IR section or only Quant? Thank you
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11665 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi quynhcel,

You can use the note-board throughout the entire Exam (on all sections).

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 52
Send PM
I read a lot of posts where people are saying about the terrible experience with GMAT Online and the technical glitches they faced. Amidst all these, is there anyone who had a GMAT online experience without any glitches? Are there any chances that I will have a completely smooth experience throughout the exam?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  172   173   174   175   176  ...  183