Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 11:20 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 11:20

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 769 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 536 [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 3459 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Matt,

A late congratulation. I really admire your consistant effort. Wish you all the best in b-school application. Take care.

-Nakib
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1117 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
nakib77 wrote:
Matt,

A late congratulation. I really admire your consistant effort. Wish you all the best in b-school application. Take care.

-Nakib

Likewise Nakib. Where are you at now? Haven't seen or heard from you in nearly a year now... Did you already matriculate?
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
GMATT73 wrote:
nakib77 wrote:
Matt,

-Nakib

Likewise Nakib. Where are you at now? Haven't seen or heard from you in nearly a year now... Did you already matriculate?

Yup I started my PhD in finance here in University of New Orleans. I finished my first semester. I actually did pretty well. Just this morning I got my result. I got all A's. Last month I was blessed with a daughter as well. All these kept me quite busy for some time. I am happy for you man. Take care.
-nakib
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 992 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congratulations Nakib :)
It's nice to know that you are doing PhD :)

nakib77 wrote:
GMATT73 wrote:
nakib77 wrote:
Matt,

-Nakib

Yup I started my PhD in finance here in University of New Orleans. I finished my first semester. I actually did pretty well. Just this morning I got my result. I got all A's. Last month I was blessed with a daughter as well. All these kept me quite busy for some time. I am happy for you man. Take care.
-nakib
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
vivek123 wrote:
Congratulations Nakib :)
It's nice to know that you are doing PhD :)

Hey Vivek good to hear back from you. so how are doing?
-nakib
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 89 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
[#permalink]
I am cursing myself for having missed this epic journey of a person who has GMAT running in his viens. If only I would not have been away from this forum for the past few months, I would have congratulated you in the first few posts :oops: .
Rest apart, we all here were sure of your capabilities and it takes a lot of character to come out of such a deep failure to score well. You indeed are a fighter MATT, a fighter not only in your GMAT endeavour but also in all the facets of life. It was indeed a post that reached the core of your heart and had one think hard about how to never ever give up. Hats off to you dude.
Hope your applications are coming along well. Do stay in touch and keep us informed here what unfolds in your GMAT story next.
Best of luck MATT :wink:
CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
buzzgaurav wrote:
I am cursing myself for having missed this epic journey of a person who has GMAT running in his viens. If only I would not have been away from this forum for the past few months, I would have congratulated you in the first few posts :oops: .
Rest apart, we all here were sure of your capabilities and it takes a lot of character to come out of such a deep failure to score well. You indeed are a fighter MATT, a fighter not only in your GMAT endeavour but also in all the facets of life. It was indeed a post that reached the core of your heart and had one think hard about how to never ever give up. Hats off to you dude.
Hope your applications are coming along well. Do stay in touch and keep us informed here what unfolds in your GMAT story next.
Best of luck MATT :wink:

Buzz, those were some really touching words of admiration and encouragement. Thank you very much. My bronze metal performance is nothing to brag about, and actually has made me realistically target schools in the #10~50 range. Been putting hundreds of hours into those essays for R2 and R3 and will let you know how everything shakes out in the end.

How about yourself? How has your prep been coming along? Stay in touch buddy, we miss you in the forums.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 255 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Matt,

I am very happy to learn about the development on your side. This is simply great and you definitely deserve more than this.

Since everybody has regarded your persistence and determination with their very touchy expressions, I have nothing more to add. But one thing that I must say is that you have been able to bring back many old-day friends such as vivek, nakib, hong, buzzgaurav, christopher and many others, who have stood here with you to share your happiness and offer you their best wishes, to the forum. This is definitely a phenomenal and I am sure more friends will join this list.

I am very much pleased to offer you my heartiest congratulation and wish you all the best in your application process.

Himalaya

Originally posted by HIMALAYA on 10 Jan 2007, 22:56.
Last edited by HIMALAYA on 10 Jan 2007, 23:07, edited 1 time in total.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 255 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
nakib77 wrote:
-nakib

Hey Nakib,

Happy to learn about you after such a long time.

Congratulations on your developments.

Himalaya
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 642 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Social Enterprise
Schools:Wharton'11 HBS'12
Send PM
[#permalink]
Nakib and vivek..wow..ol timers..good to see ya fellas around...

nakib..i thought u were going to wharton??
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Great guys and Great forum....

I just sat down and went thru all 6 pages of the discussion, of course including Matt's story... I am pretty sure with one thing, If someone about to fall down, there are lot of hands to support here....
Hats off to GMAT Club and Its crew...

Matt, all I want to say is success is not too far, if you try hard !!! You will succeed soon with your motivation and hard work.

About me, I just started preparing for 2 months back and recently took a practice test, not at all impressed with it... got 530... but working hard to achieve.... I'll, if not today,tomorrow.

Be positive,Work Hard, Success will chase you, you don't need look for it.....

Good Luck to you guys... especially to Matt

~Raja
Believe to Succeed
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
did you just say that you read all 6 pages of this thread??? get back to studying already! when's the OG 12 out?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Yep, read all of them... Started studying between tight work schedule... planning to take the exam in june.

Sorry, Not sure, when OG 12 comes out.. Anyone knows?
CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
iraja wrote:
Great guys and Great forum....

I just sat down and went thru all 6 pages of the discussion, of course including Matt's story... I am pretty sure with one thing, If someone about to fall down, there are lot of hands to support here....
Hats off to GMAT Club and Its crew...

Matt, all I want to say is success is not too far, if you try hard !!! You will succeed soon with your motivation and hard work.

About me, I just started preparing for 2 months back and recently took a practice test, not at all impressed with it... got 530... but working hard to achieve.... I'll, if not today,tomorrow.

Be positive,Work Hard, Success will chase you, you don't need look for it.....

Good Luck to you guys... especially to Matt

~Raja
Believe to Succeed

Thank you Raja and likewise, I hope you attain your ultimate GMAT/MBA related endeavors. To excel (do much better than I did) I might recommend sticking with official guide and retired test materials. Remember that with the right attitude and sustained concentration, you and many other 700 level aspirants here will prevail. Good luck!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 71 [0]
[#permalink]
Just wanted to say thanks to MATT. Your motivational link was the one that I visited after scoring horribly in my first GMAT attempt. It helped to restore my confidence back and focus again to nail the GMAT which I managed to jan.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
This Just happened to me..... I can echo the feeling of devastation..... similare mistakes and timing issues, execept I scored lower than him....

My story is the the thread in this subforum...... "Help - Bombed the first attempt!!"

~Erica
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
yeah, i feel all of you. after i stumbled during my first test i needed a confidence booster going into it the second time around. just gotta keep yourself in the game mentally.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   
Moderator:
Founder
37296 posts