Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 03:52 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 03:52

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
GMAT 1: 720 Q44 V44
GPA: 3.34
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 800 Q50 V45
GPA: 4
Send PM
Re: Calling all Rotman MBA Applicants: 2022 Intake [Class of 2024] [#permalink]
nanoname wrote:
What are the questions sent to evaluators/recommenders in Rotman application?
Are they the same as GMAC common LOR?

Could someone please help with this query?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Bookmarks
nanoname wrote:
nanoname wrote:
What are the questions sent to evaluators/recommenders in Rotman application?
Are they the same as GMAC common LOR?

Could someone please help with this query?

Hey, the following questions:
  • How long have you known the applicant and in what capacity?
  • List three to five attributes or characteristics that best describe the candidate (single words only, no sentences please).
  • Of the qualities listed above, in which areas has the applicant distinguished himself/herself most?
  • What would you consider the applicant’s primary area for improvement or growth?
  • How would you rate the applicant’s potential for becoming a successful business leader?
  • Please provide your overall recommendation in the text field below.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Thanks for sharing. Where did you find this? And what’s the word limit?
Rotman School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 87 [0]
Given Kudos: 78
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GPA: 3.59
WE:Project Management (Other)
Send PM
FYI: I do not intend to discourage anyone applying to Rotman but in full disclosure would like you to go through the thread by a Rotman Alum. Please also note, it’s her/his opinion based on her/his experience. But the thread will surely give great pointers regarding the questions one should ask themselves and the adcom before making a decision worth well over CAD 100k

FYI: I do not intend to discourage anyone applying to Rotman but in full disclosure would like you to go through the thread by a Rotman Alum. Please also note, it’s her/his opinion based on her/his experience. But the thread will surely give great pointers regarding the questions one should ask themselves and the adcom before making a decision worth well over CAD 100k a-rotman-grad-feedback-368171.html?fl=email#p2856660

Originally posted by mohammadfaraaz123 on 14 Sep 2021, 01:27.
Last edited by mohammadfaraaz123 on 14 Sep 2021, 01:28, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 560 Q41 V27
Send PM
tyildirim92 wrote:
mchi9ss4 wrote:
Hey everyone,

I'm Jordanian applying from Oman (Application submitted: 28-Aug, Video/Written component submitted: 30-Aug).

Stats - GMAT: 560, MEng graduate from Manchester university - GPA: second class division one, 5 years work exp in oil and gas with career progression

I think I did well in my essay and video/written assessment and my references were excellent (to me lol) .

Received an email from Danielle on 9-Sep, informing me that she had an initial review of my app and asking whether I'm planning to rewrite my GMAT?

I responded yes in January 2022, considering my post MBA goal and knowing that my current score (560) does not reflect my true abilities.

I think it's nice she asked (didn't reject me straight up lol), but I'm wondering if anybody has heard of a similar experience? I do have a feeling I might be waitlisted though...any thoughts??

Thanks!

Danielle is trying to solidify your application. It's obvious that she liked your profile, but at the end of the day, she is not the only decision maker. She presents your file to the ad com. If she asked you this question, it indicates that if you retake it and score around Rotman's average class score (around 677 for 2023 cohort), you are most likely to be accepted!

Best of luck.

Posted from my mobile device

Thanks! Yes that makes sense. She responded to me earlier today asking me: “to confirm, you want us to wait to assess your application until you have rewritten you GMAT?”

I’m not sure what to reply. In a sense yes, I want them to wait but then by January/February 2022, many of the spots will have already been filled and it just defeats the purpose of applying by the early deadline where I’m supposed to get a decision early. But on the other hand, I want them to assess as is cause I might still be accepted and make the most of an early application.

I’m not sure is she trying to hint here, cause she seems quite ambigious. I believe she should advise me of what’s best for my application.

Let me know what you guys think!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
GRE 1: Q162 V154
Send PM
mchi9ss4 wrote:
tyildirim92 wrote:
mchi9ss4 wrote:
Hey everyone,

I'm Jordanian applying from Oman (Application submitted: 28-Aug, Video/Written component submitted: 30-Aug).

Stats - GMAT: 560, MEng graduate from Manchester university - GPA: second class division one, 5 years work exp in oil and gas with career progression

I think I did well in my essay and video/written assessment and my references were excellent (to me lol) .

Received an email from Danielle on 9-Sep, informing me that she had an initial review of my app and asking whether I'm planning to rewrite my GMAT?

I responded yes in January 2022, considering my post MBA goal and knowing that my current score (560) does not reflect my true abilities.

I think it's nice she asked (didn't reject me straight up lol), but I'm wondering if anybody has heard of a similar experience? I do have a feeling I might be waitlisted though...any thoughts??

Thanks!

Danielle is trying to solidify your application. It's obvious that she liked your profile, but at the end of the day, she is not the only decision maker. She presents your file to the ad com. If she asked you this question, it indicates that if you retake it and score around Rotman's average class score (around 677 for 2023 cohort), you are most likely to be accepted!

Best of luck.

Thanks! Yes that makes sense. She responded to me earlier today asking me: “to confirm, you want us to wait to assess your application until you have rewritten you GMAT?”

I’m not sure what to reply. In a sense yes, I want them to wait but then by January/February 2022, many of the spots will have already been filled and it just defeats the purpose of applying by the early deadline where I’m supposed to get a decision early. But on the other hand, I want them to assess as is cause I might still be accepted and make the most of an early application.

I’m not sure is she trying to hint here, cause she seems quite ambigious. I believe she should advise me of what’s best for my application.

To me it sounds like they wont call you to interview unless you improve your score.
I might be wrong though...

Last year I had a different plan than this year, and applied to INSEAD and LBS. INSEAD directly asked me to retake the GMAT/GRE in a 6 month window in order to get a call to interviews (I applied in R2 but they interviewed me with the R3 applicants), LBS sent me to WL.

So if they ask you if you are planning to retake, to me it sounds that they are interested in your profile but your score is too low for them...
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 130 [0]
Given Kudos: 52
Send PM
Hey Guys!

Hope you're all deep in preparing your application now and some of you are preparing for interviews. For all of you struggling on how to approach the Spike Factor essay, here is my take on it -
https://linktr.ee/edusimplified

Hope this helps.
Best,
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 106 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
Well, I’d advise they are hinting your GMAT is a problem somewhat, otherwise taking you seriously. Tread with caution. Have a clear goal- Getting IN or getting early?

Its easier said than done I know but that’s what it is.

If you can’t retake GMAT anytime soon, just email her clearly stating that to assess as is
mchi9ss4 wrote:
tyildirim92 wrote:
mchi9ss4 wrote:
Hey everyone,

I’m Jordanian applying from Oman (Application submitted: 28-Aug, Video/Written component submitted: 30-Aug).

Received an email from Danielle on 9-Sep, informing me that she had an initial review of my app and asking whether I’m planning to rewrite my GMAT?

I think it’s nice she asked (didn’t reject me straight up lol), but I’m wondering if anybody has heard of a similar experience? I do have a feeling I might be waitlisted though...any thoughts??

Thanks!

Danielle is trying to solidify your application. It’s obvious that she liked your profile, but at the end of the day, she is not the only decision maker. She presents your file to the ad com. If she asked you this question, it indicates that if you retake it and score around Rotman’s average class score (around 677 for 2023 cohort), you are most likely to be accepted!

Best of luck.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
[Deleted]

Originally posted by as005 on 17 Sep 2021, 02:05.
Last edited by as005 on 05 Apr 2022, 22:15, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Early applicants, needed some insight around spike factor essay. I’m applying in R1 wanted to know if you could allocate % to work, extra curricular, long term vision & contribution to rotman (& rotman values) from your essay. How much would you give to each? [Eg. Work: 20%, Extra: 50%, Long Term: 20%, Contribution to Rotman: 10%]
Rotman School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 87 [0]
Given Kudos: 78
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GPA: 3.59
WE:Project Management (Other)
Send PM
nanoname, I doubt if anyone would be able to allocate them with such precision. In my humble opinion, your focus should be on using examples that can strongly support your spike factor(s). I am sure the spike factor, that you will end up choosing, will be aligned with Rotman values somehow. You cannot delve too much on your long term vision anyway, as its a 1000 words essay. So the focus should be on highlighting your spike factor. You can pick one that lets you use an anecdote from work and another lets you use an anecdote from something outside work. They want to know and understand you outside your Cv. However, they know 1000 words are not enough to cover everything. Put your best foot forward! All the best :)

mchi9ss4, I think you should let her know that you are going to give it another go. Saying that you wouldn’t even attempt would not emphasise your seriousness and commitment for the school. Just give it another go and don’t take too long. Try to get it done before R2 deadline and try to keep atleast 20 to 30 days buffer from R2 deadline, as that is one of the busiest months they have in application season. If you get an improved score, good for you, even if you don’t, then you have showed them that you are a serious applicant and then your competition is with other applicants from your geography in the diversity pool. Bottomline is to give GMAT another go. Best of luck, Mate! :)

Originally posted by mohammadfaraaz123 on 18 Sep 2021, 10:59.
Last edited by mohammadfaraaz123 on 18 Sep 2021, 11:08, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [1]
Given Kudos: 50
GMAT 1: 700 Q45 V40
GPA: 3.49
Send PM
Kudos
as005 wrote:
FYI: Many of my Indian friends who applied in early round received the interview invite today. Apparently, Rotman team will send all the invites for early round by end of this week to meet the October 15 decision deadline.
Wow ok. Thanks for the update. Couldn’t see much movement in the tracker here. A little worried since I haven’t got an interview invite yet. Looks like they’re starting with the interviews a little late this year, considering decision date is oct 15th.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Has only one person from India gotten an interview invite here? That’s a surprisingly low number.
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 38
Send PM
BilalKhan3211 wrote:
Has only one person from India gotten an interview invite here? That’s a surprisingly low number.

True, only one indian got 8t atleast on this forum. It is really surprising. Maybe lets hope they start rolling next week as Oct 15 is deadline. Still, its kinda sending chills
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 75 [0]
Given Kudos: 62
Send PM
Has anyone applied to ROTMAN using GRE and got an interview invite? Also, any idea what is a safe GRE score for Rotman? Tried checking decision tracker but the applicant pool seemed small.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 54 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GMAT 2: 740 Q47 V44
Send PM
RamFromIndia wrote:

True, it is really surprising. Maybe lets hope they start rolling next week as Oct 15 is deadline. Still, its kinda sending chills

Any idea about how much time do they generally take to send out invites?
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 38
Send PM
anirbaan wrote:
RamFromIndia wrote:

True, it is really surprising. Maybe lets hope they start rolling next week as Oct 15 is deadline. Still, its kinda sending chills

Any idea about how much time do they generally take to send out invites?

Typically max time they take to send out invites be like in 3-4 weeks. But i guess looking at the status over here, I suspect the adcom were flooded with a lot of apps this year.

GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  13   14   15   16   17   18   19  ...  55   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts