Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 12:30 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 12:30

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V38
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 137
GMAT 1: 600 Q49 V24
GMAT 2: 720 Q50 V38
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [3]
Send PM
Re: Appealing Cancelled Online GMAT [#permalink]
Kudos
Bookmarks
Yuvaraj6030 wrote:
Hi daniimani,

Did they mentioned the reason what caused for the cancellation of scores? Are there any chances they would reinstate the scores?

Hey, the only reason they gave was that it was a testing issue, but nothing further. So I really have no idea what specifically caused the cancellation, I can only speculate. I sent an appeal after receiving their initial email about this almost a month ago, and so that was my chance to try to get the scores reinstated.

The email I got last night was the Test Security team's final decision after reading my appeal. They repeatedly stated that the decision on the score cancellation is final and binding, so it sounds like there are limited to no chances of the scores getting reinstated at this point
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
May I know where you took the online test, or if this is the first GMAT you've ever taken? Have you ever taken an on-site gmat previously?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
This was the online test, but not my first GMAT. I've taken the on-site GMAT a few times previously without any issues.

drunkenkitten wrote:
May I know where you took the online test, or if this is the first GMAT you've ever taken? Have you ever taken an on-site gmat previously?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
I appealed and was told I would get a final decision on sept 9, like most of you did but I didn’t get an email. I have emailed 3 times now with no response. So did they ever give you an actual reason or provide video evidence of the violation? I genuinely don’t know what my violation could have been. The proctor was watching and said I was approved for my schedule break, etc. The deadline for round 1 is soon and I’m supposed to retake this test???? I can’t believe this. Who can we escalate this too? This seems like a mass cancellation and we need proof.

Posted from my mobile device
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72870 [1]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
sshook wrote:
I appealed and was told I would get a final decision on sept 9, like most of you did but I didn’t get an email. I have emailed 3 times now with no response. So did they ever give you an actual reason or provide video evidence of the violation? I genuinely don’t know what my violation could have been. The proctor was watching and said I was approved for my schedule break, etc. The deadline for round 1 is soon and I’m supposed to retake this test???? I can’t believe this. Who can we escalate this too? This seems like a mass cancellation and we need proof.

Yes, it is rather unusual and weird.
As to the action plan, I don't know who to appeal to - there is not much of a neutral party. However, schools will understand if you have to resubmit a score shortly after (I hope they will at least). To be safe, I think the only option is to retake :(
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I'm also very unclear on who to escalate to. It literally says on their website that "we may cancel your scores even if we cannot confirm your direct involvement in the violation". https://www.mba.com/exams/gmat/after-the-exam/gmat-scores-and-score-reports/if-gmac-cancels-your-score

Super vague, and very difficult to escalate. And even if we were to somehow escalate, I doubt that everything would be resolved even by R2 deadlines. So, I'm preparing to retake next month, unfortunately
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72870 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
The worst part is that it’s hard to find any understanding from anybody really. You could complain to the school or mention it to them but then you don’t want them thinking like you were cheating or in someway doing something inappropriate… at the same time, I think if you bring it up on your own, it is less of a stigma.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
bb wrote:
The worst part is that it’s hard to find any understanding from anybody really. You could complain to the school or mention it to them but then you don’t want them thinking like you were cheating or in someway doing something inappropriate… at the same time, I think if you bring it up on your own, it is less of a stigma.

Yeah that's a good point. I guess a bright spot is that I only took the online GMAT once and didn't report to schools, so I can just choose not to include that score report in my R2 app. But now pressure is on to duplicate the score I got back in July
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72870 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Yes… There is the whole elephant in the room of having to retake the GMAT and refresh the knowledge and skills… and rehearse all of the moves and checklists. And the $250!!!

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Oh absolutely! The fact that we're expected to just get up and go re-take like it's nothing is absurd. I took a practice test last weekend and didn't feel like I'd forgotten everything from 2 months ago, but it'll definitely take a month of intense reviewing to get back to where I was, not even accounting for the anxiety I'll probably have during the test because of all this
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Kudos
[quote="sshook"]I appealed and was told I would get a final decision on sept 9, like most of you did but I didn’t get an email. I have emailed 3 times now with no response. So did they ever give you an actual reason or provide video evidence of the violation? I genuinely don’t know what my violation could have been. The proctor was watching and said I was approved for my schedule break, etc. The deadline for round 1 is soon and I’m supposed to retake this test???? I can’t believe this. Who can we escalate this too? This seems like a mass cancellation and we need proof.

Hey pal, have you heard back from them? This the 4th week since I appealed. My exam was on the 1st of August. 51 days have passed. I think this guys are just messing with me right now. When I call, I get BS fake compassion which gives you hope and then Friday rolls in and nothing. I can't call this anything but mental torture. Let us know if you hear back.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Appealing Cancelled Online GMAT [#permalink]
Unfortunately, I haven't heard back and I've emailed several times. I was supposed to hear back on the 9th. I am going to call every day this week and demand a response. I think it's completely unprofessional that they said they would get back to me on the 9th and did not live up to their promise. I've decided to push back my applications to round 2 and retake the test as I do not have much hope. I also took it mid-July, so it's been nearly 2 months. Before I can schedule the test though, I need to hear back and would like a voucher given there is no proof or reasoning for my cancellation. Plus, I have to repurchase practice tests and study materials. It's absolutely unheard of. I think we deserve a response from a representative of GMAC... given how many people have suffered.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
To make matters worse, I was hoping to apply to Stern and INSEAD, both of which Round 1 deadlines were earlier than the rest, so I planned to apply in Round 2. Given the score cancellation, I will likely need to push to Round 3 for both of them, severely impacting my chances. I am going to email both the schools about my situation, but since I took it online I don't have proof of my previous score (I didn't think to screenshot the score....). I have a feeling I will just need to apply in Round 3... so it's really unfortunate GMAT's mission is to practice integrity and help students get to where they're going but have severely impacted my chances to two of the schools I'd like to attend.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [7]
Send PM
Kudos